Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:59 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 692, Ydrasse wrote: i just haven't... felt like posting. i've been procrastinating on doing a lot of things the past few days and this is an unfortunate victim of it.

i live vaguely in a world i think rn where it's like... gob... appearance...??? maybe??? as the wolf team. i'm unsure. i haven't sifted through the last few pages much yet but i saw my name and it was shiny to my eyes
I read this and felt like it reminded me of Radio Buzz for a minute - like the tone matches really well and I thought it was scummy, but then I remembered thinking it was scummy in Radio Buzz also and double checked and sure enough that was a town game - I just tend to scumread this kind of post from you because I think I'd seen you AtE over effort levels specifically, as scum, prior to Radio Buzz. But I think there's a distinction to be made and this feels like the town you.

Like when you're scum it doesn't look as much like AtE even though it makes me feel more AtE'ed, if that makes sense. As town it looks like AtE even though it's not really and it's just how you talk about your feelings. I think what I'm getting at is maybe that you force it a little more as scum but that you're good at it so even though you're fudging it a little it comes off more pure when you're scum :lol:
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:48 am

Post by Klick »

I'm mostly just annoyed by the game at the minute

I'd need to sit down and do proper analysis to have anything meaningful to say

Except that I'm kind of leaning implosion town at this point

Also obviously we're eliminating on-coalition.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:58 am

Post by Klick »

In post 701, Klick wrote:Also obviously we're eliminating on-coalition.
Quick-and-dirty reasoning for anyone who isn't convinced of this:

there is either 1 or 2 scum on-coalition, and either 0 or 1 scum off-coalition. Since we don't know which it is, you can average it as 1.5 scum on-coalition and 0.5 scum off-coalition.

That means there is a 30% chance of hitting scum if we eliminate on-coalition, and a 12.5% chance of hitting scum if we eliminate off-coalition (disregarding your own alignment)

Furthermore, it's guaranteed to be an amount of useful to be eliminating in a guaranteed scum pool than to possibly be eliminating in a pool of 0 scum
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:55 am

Post by Appearance »

In post 694, DeasVail wrote: At this stage I think I would go for either Appearance or Kyouko
for me, it'd be klick or kyouko still.
tho kyouko makes pretty sensible posts so i'm conflicted.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:01 am

Post by gob »

In post 701, Klick wrote: I'm mostly just annoyed by the game at the minute

I'd need to sit down and do proper analysis to have anything meaningful to say

Except that I'm kind of leaning implosion town at this point

Also obviously we're eliminating on-coalition.

what is frustrating you?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:45 am

Post by implosion »

In post 697, gob wrote: implo dragons response to me wasnt actually a response. He just said “ur bad at reading me for 2317” totally disregarding the fact i was wolf with him not too long ago
"the response was bad" does not mean there was not a response and does not mean i should hold off on talking about dragon until he responds. because he'd already responded. Though i also disagree with the premise of needing to wait for someone to respond in the first place.
In post 698, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: I would think it would seem more like I'm scum with Klick than DV if you're taking this viewpoint that I wanted them both off the coalition because I only wanted 1 scum (myself) on the coalition and wanted to make a show of getting my partner off of it. Especially given I've cased DV much harder and had leniency with Klick, considering that he may be snowed by DV. Also with me wanting to lim DV before Klick, that's like the classic "my partner could be scum with X (X is actually town), but isn't as scummy as X so I want to flip X first" I feel like this is an unlikely conclusion given the evidence, how did you come to it?
Both of those being unlikely pairings was just because I really don't think DV or Klick are scum, the "even less likely" was just bc I think Klick has lower scum equity among the two. I wasn't really thinking about how much sense you'd make as teams.
In post 699, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: I don't know if I've ever correctly read you with any amount of confidence in my own work. I just don't get how to do it and I rely on sheeping TRs to read you usually. I don't think we've played that many games together but there've certainly been a fair few over the years
This is fair enough. I think we've played a fair number of games but they've been very far between. I also don't remember if I've seen you as scum before.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:49 am

Post by implosion »

In post 700, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 692, Ydrasse wrote: i just haven't... felt like posting. i've been procrastinating on doing a lot of things the past few days and this is an unfortunate victim of it.

i live vaguely in a world i think rn where it's like... gob... appearance...??? maybe??? as the wolf team. i'm unsure. i haven't sifted through the last few pages much yet but i saw my name and it was shiny to my eyes
I read this and felt like it reminded me of Radio Buzz for a minute - like the tone matches really well and I thought it was scummy, but then I remembered thinking it was scummy in Radio Buzz also and double checked and sure enough that was a town game - I just tend to scumread this kind of post from you because I think I'd seen you AtE over effort levels specifically, as scum, prior to Radio Buzz. But I think there's a distinction to be made and this feels like the town you.

Like when you're scum it doesn't look as much like AtE even though it makes me feel more AtE'ed, if that makes sense. As town it looks like AtE even though it's not really and it's just how you talk about your feelings. I think what I'm getting at is maybe that you force it a little more as scum but that you're good at it so even though you're fudging it a little it comes off more pure when you're scum :lol:
I think Ydrasse can definitely make that post as scum. There are still things in her early ISO that give me pause but I feel she has pretty good scum equity right now. I think there are probably things she is likely to do but likely can't fake in the long term with the current cadence of the game as well so I think she'll also become more readable over time so maybe she's a bad lim for today for that reason
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:51 am

Post by implosion »

honestly the thought of actually looking closely at Appearance's ISO gives me stomach pain because I have no idea how to interpret anything he says as alignment-indicative.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:49 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

gob is very clearly town here because he's gasping at straws to scumread me.

And while for 95% of players that's scum indicative, gob is one of the like two players where it's very town indicative to do that
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:55 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Moving on

implo I know you said you shouldn't engage with me but that's a problem because if we decide to elim inside the coalition and I somehow don't die tonight, you will have to engage with me.

I know i am being frustrating to you, but having the coalition failed means I'm willing to reevaluate. And I am capable of re-evaluating reads as demonstrated by the game I linked earlier where I was mega tunneled on Black but then re-evaluated.

Anyway I feel your frustration at me + your overall mode of engagement since coalition failed hasn't been overly scummy, BUT I did check your Toriel's Patience game and I feel your posting style os very different there. That's not to say you do not have nuanced takes in that game, but your takes this game DO feel calculated mostly.

HOWEVER the point that I am trying to make here is that while I am not townteading you, you are not lockscum for me and I would like to know what do you think of the idea of Klick as scum.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:56 am

Post by Appearance »

In post 707, implosion wrote: honestly the thought of actually looking closely at Appearance's ISO gives me stomach pain because I have no idea how to interpret anything he says as alignment-indicative.
:(
i think that everybody seems to think that (minus maybe dragon)
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:00 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 689, implosion wrote: I still kind of like Ydrasse's early play toward me, coming off of Toriel's patience it feels like the right amount of skepticism toward scumreads of me for the right reasons. I also like her early self-analysis. also feels particularly like a town post, i think it's awkward for scum out of nowhere to either put up a 5-town coalition or put up a coalition with their scumbuddy on it. Possibly less so if she's scum with elements or appearance since she said they'd be the first to go off the list in case she got added (which part of me thinks would be a bit conspicuous but from my recent experience playing scum in this setup you do feel like you have to be a bit conspicuous in that way sometimes. Or at least i did). gives me mixed feelings as sort of the follow up to that post in that it is kind of an easy thing to do as scum to throw up your hands in the air, give a couple strong townreads, and then prepare for pretty much any form of the coalition failing. The coalition was 1 vote from passing so maybe this post is like, a wriggle as scum to try to get out of an all-town coalition she'd committed to without having to unvote it? the third paragraph in the post seems really hard to make in that case though so probably if she's scum there was already scum in that coalition.

I think the main thing I probably should be looking for in Ydrasse's play is a specific form of motivation/caring that she had in spades in Toriel's patience where it was like, abundantly clear that even though she was being thoroughly beaten down by the gamestate she still cared about the game. And she hasn't been beaten down by the gamestate in this game but she has been a little out of it and 540 gives me some worries on that front because making a big post like that and then doing nothing post coalition yet is kind of yikes in that department, like it would make sense as scum who is trying to wait a bit to see where the cards fall + who is running out of that kind of motivation to muster consistently.
This is some solid analysis but I feel the conclusion is missing here.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:00 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

But I could see Ydra scum.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:01 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 710, Appearance wrote:
In post 707, implosion wrote: honestly the thought of actually looking closely at Appearance's ISO gives me stomach pain because I have no idea how to interpret anything he says as alignment-indicative.
:(
i think that everybody seems to think that (minus maybe dragon)
Yeah I tend to have a very different approach to reading "LHF" / low content slots than most people.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:02 pm

Post by Klick »

gob
DragonEater

DeasVail
implosion
Appearance

T3
Ydrasse
ssbm_Kyouko

Is approximately where I find myself atm
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:04 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Interesting

Is DV just a leftover from pre-coalition or have you given him additional thought?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:05 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Gahhhh

I wish I either had both or neither of Klick/DV in the coal.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:09 pm

Post by Appearance »

tbh at this point, i might as well VOTE: kyouko
mainly because she's my lower tl.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:14 pm

Post by Klick »

I have considered him a little bit but I don't feel like my read there is wrong

Furthermore, DV is in the 12.5%, not the 30%
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:15 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Yes that's not my point
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:15 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Klick do you have any scumtells?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:19 pm

Post by Klick »

I mean it's really context-dependent
I think my alignment is always really obvious but it's much easier when you know yourself

I've already said that the biggest difference between myself as town and as scum is how much I genuinely care about solving the game. I always feel like I'm a lot more stilted as scum, walking on eggshells a bit. I try to emulate my relaxed town nature but I always feel like I have to do it in such a way that I won't actually attract suspicion for it. Whereas as town I have a lot less fear.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:24 pm

Post by Prism »

Searching for a replacement for Ydrasse.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:18 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 714, Klick wrote:
gob
DragonEater

DeasVail
implosion
Appearance

T3
Ydrasse
ssbm_Kyouko

Is approximately where I find myself atm
I agree on gob.

Re: Ydrasse, I actually (possibly illogically) liked the timing of the dip in motivation. At least from my perspective of playing this setup for the first time, there was always the hope that I wouldn’t have to play anymore after the coalition phase, so afterwards was a bit of a slump for me. I expect scum would have been more energised by the coalition failing.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:35 pm

Post by Prism »

Dunnstral replaces Ydrasse. Welcome!