Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:49 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1289, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1276, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1274, DragonEater70 wrote: fireisred, what time is it in the land of crimson flame? Because I think your time might be up but I am too charitable so I'm willing to give you a bit more time if you really need it.
idk i don't see why voting matters unless you think we're going to end day right away

maybe we are but i don't really see why we would do that

im content to like continue trying to solve and then later y'all lim me anyway if you want to do that
Well I'm kinda feeling like you might bw limmed but maybe that's just me reading the gamestate incorrectly.
yes i do also think i will very likely be limmed here, as in this day phase, but i was saying that i don't really expect that people will want to end the day like. immediately right now
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1292, DragonEater70 wrote: I did really hate 1131 though

fml can you both stop having good reasons to be either town or scum

It's really annoying me
can you like summarize what your reasons are for me being town or scum
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:23 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1219, Klick wrote:
In post 1217, DragonEater70 wrote: Can you explain to me the progression from a massive TR on me to top SR, which according to what you have posted so far is based ONLY on my reaction to gob's death? Like does a different reaction ping you THAT MUCH that you'd completely abandon your previous read? Or were there more elements to it which you haven't expressed?
It's less 'you're my top scumread based only on the gob's death reaction' and more 'this has really pinged me and I want to explore the possibility that my townread on you is inaccurate'
I abandoned an overall opinion on you for the moment in favor of putting weight towards a new finding
If the new finding was explainable from town!Dragon and made sense, I can map that onto what I already have for town!Dragon
If the new finding was not explainable from town!Dragon or didn't make sense, I might need to reeval more generally

All evidence points to the correct conclusion looked at under the right lens
I'm taking different lenses and trying to make sense of them
Actually can you tell me what did you find out
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:26 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1301, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1292, DragonEater70 wrote: I did really hate 1131 though

fml can you both stop having good reasons to be either town or scum

It's really annoying me
can you like summarize what your reasons are for me being town or scum
Scum:
you still haven't really done what I asked you to do which is to make up your mind and have an actual read on the Dragon v Klick thing which FYPOV should contain one scum. It feels like you are trying to keep both options open.
Town:
Tbh only that you hated the posts by Klick that I also hated. And also the things I initially TR'd Kyo for, which was her approach to forming a coalition.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:26 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1294, T3 wrote:
In post 1275, implosion wrote: I do think if he flips scum I'd probably just want T3 next though if he flips town it might mean T3 is town given how T3 is playing today.
This is so bad
In post 1295, T3 wrote:VOTE: Dragon
This is really nonsequiter.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:26 am

Post by T3 »

In post 1303, DragonEater70 wrote: you still haven't really done what I asked you to do which is to make up your mind and have an actual read on the Dragon v Klick thing which FYPOV should contain one scum. It feels like you are trying to keep both options open.
Have I not done the same
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:27 am

Post by T3 »

In post 1304, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1294, T3 wrote:
In post 1275, implosion wrote: I do think if he flips scum I'd probably just want T3 next though if he flips town it might mean T3 is town given how T3 is playing today.
This is so bad
I voted you after I read fire's case
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:29 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1299, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1291, DragonEater70 wrote: fire weren't you scumreading me a moment ago though

how come you are talking about Klick as if he's your bigger SR
your whole point earlier was that i was scum bc i was sitting on the fence too much and kept being unsure who was scum between you and klick, so idk why this is confusing to you

i hadn't really explicitly talked about what my doubts were on klick and so i thought it would be useful to do that both bc then i could better see for myself if i felt they were valid and also so that i don't feel dumb for having died without saying them

but then over the course of writing that post i started to lean towards thinking the doubts weren't that significant compared to the towny things i feel klick has done
Yes I was SRing you for sitting on the fence

Right now I am confused because I don't understand your read trajectory. If you could clarify it I would be less confused. I don't see how not understanding your read trajectroy is at odds with previously SRing you for seemingly having no reads trajectory. If anything, it makes a lot of sense to happen.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:29 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1306, T3 wrote:
In post 1294, T3 wrote:
This is so bad
Didn't fire case Klick though? Or which case are you referring to?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:30 am

Post by T3 »

In post 1308, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1306, T3 wrote:
In post 1294, T3 wrote:
This is so bad
Didn't fire case Klick though? Or which case are you referring to?
[post]1285
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Did it take you 4 minutes to read 1285?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Sorry

Did you take 4 minutes to read 1275 through 1285?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:32 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

That is wild
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:34 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1285, fireisredsir wrote: ok idk why i had been putting off looking at this again for so long and ive just been like sitting in a puddle of zero wim sorry about that

i was gonna go to sleep but i want to put this out there while its fresh on my mind. i know now it's probably too late so whatever my bad but hear me out

the thing that really never made sense to me about dragon being scum was the end of coalition forming. he had a lot of what felt like towny energy, and was just all over the place, and it didn't make sense to me bc i didn't see why any of that benefited scum or made sense at all coming from a scum approach to the game. it just really felt like town unsure what direction to go

but!

we know from dragon scum games that he actually has that kind of energy a lot of the time as scum. see these kind of posts from fruit mafia scum pt:

Spoiler:

Subject: Micro 1090: Fruit Mafia - Vegetable Chat
In post 136, DragonEater70 wrote: I know which is why we lim them today.

OR, we lim Skitter and tomorrow I claim cop with N1 inno on Datisi and N2 inno on you and we ignore atsi pushing me.

It's a really risky strat but it is still a valid one.
In post 140, DragonEater70 wrote: It's pretty bold and also probably anti-wincon for scum which is why I would get hella townread for doing it out the gate.
In post 181, DragonEater70 wrote: Okay I just came up with the best freaking idea for a fake claim

Like I think it's pretty risky but it's funny as hell and I think if I pull it off well then Datisi and Skitter would absolutely eat it up.

We lim atsi, nightkill Ausuka, then I say I viggied her because I realized her miller claim must be fake, and also the reason I town read Skitter so hard D1 is I was sure Skitter was a cop and that's why they TR'd Ausuka for claiming miller, but D2 I realized Skitter wasn't a cop so my TR of her dropped and it made me realize there's probably no cop so Ausuka is fakeclaiming.

Idk if this makes any sense whatsoever, it's probably a horrible strat, but it's so damn funny to think about and I don't see Datisi going "yeah that's scum" but rather "oh I guess that makes sense"

And the banana peel thing would justify why scum didn't kill.

K the more I think about it the worse it sounds but I still want to try it if circumstances allow it.
In post 218, DragonEater70 wrote: But I was thinking about killing Datisi rolecopping Skitt and if they are VT (which I'm 95% sure they are) pocket them by saying I was sure they were cop the whole time (I actually have a good explanation of why I would think that), which would
probably
make me seem extremely uninformed. And then I just lament Datisi's death and sheep Skitter and it's GG.

Spoiler:

my prediction is that your response would be something like "we don't need to do that, we extremely well positioned, etc."
But the point is whether or not we kill Dats.
In post 224, DragonEater70 wrote:
I'll tell you what, I really want to No Kill and frame it as Skitter trying to kill Datisi but getting roleblocked by the banana that Infinity planted. But I can't think of any believable claim to justify why we would know that Datisi was the NK target.

Ao first, do you like the idea? And second, can you think of any claim?

Otherwise we might beed to just kill Datisi, as unfortunate as that would be.

like absolutely wild ideas, and they just keep pouring out while ari is just in there like "uhhhh i don't think we need to do that"

he hasn't had that kind of chaotic over-planning energy in every scum game but it's definitely in there somewhere. and in this game, where he was largely in a good position, widely townread, etc etc, it doesn't seem like there would be the the kind of pressure that would induce that kind of behavior

except... for if he gets asked to choose the coalition. that alone might not do it. but what i think would cause that kind of genuine level of stress and confusion over which direction to go, would be if he is pushed into a place where he has to make a decision between keeping his partner in and keeping his partner out, while also making it believably look like a town thought process

here's the general progression in the last day or so of coalition forming:
Spoiler:
In post 432, DragonEater70 wrote: HEAL: DeasVail, Klick, DragonEater70, Elements, Appearance
In post 439, DragonEater70 wrote: HURT: all

Don't want this hammered before I see what Elements thinks andDV's additional thoughts
In post 443, DragonEater70 wrote: Okay that sells it for me

HURT: DV/Klick
HEAL: Ydrasse

I really want to heal Kyo. Can somebody explain why she's scum actually?
In post 445, DragonEater70 wrote: Oh I forgot I wasn't healing them

:lol:

I think it's clear what I meant to do

HURT: all
HEAL: Elements, Ydra, Dragon, Appearance
In post 458, DragonEater70 wrote: For the last time (hopefully),

Whoever I heal from now on will remain healed forever and ever.
In post 485, DragonEater70 wrote: There's also the fact that she actually feels like she cares a lot more than DV feels like he cares, tbh. Like Klick you said you TR DV because he cares but literally every post Kyo made since 360 feels like she really cares and is genuinely trying to solve here and doesn't want to get it wrong. She could have easily just gone with Appearance but didn't.

Pedit: I get why you're annoyed. I think either of implo/T3 or implo/DV are more likely than implo/Kyo tbh.
In post 520, DragonEater70 wrote: Alright Klick

I have an idea

You said your hard PoE is Kyo/T3/implo

What do you say about a coal of dragon/app/el/dv/ydra?

Then I won't have the paranoia about you and I am even going to as far as to say I will town lock you if it fails, if it's any consolation.

Pedit: no Klick is just too towny I can't resist having him in the coalition :sob:
In post 564, DragonEater70 wrote: See the problem is everyone except implo and T3 is really towny

And I am kinda refusing to believe the game is just this easy, though maybe it really is this easy.

It's funny Klick that I feel if Bella was in your slot I would have had so much easier time being confident in my town read of your slot. I mean it's funny because I was thinking about her without making the connection in my mind.
In post 565, DragonEater70 wrote: Ugh

I wanna sleep

Should I just hammer? Assuming Klick re-votes.
In post 575, DragonEater70 wrote: Meh

If I had another full day or two I might have gone somewhere different but I kinda want to hammer

BUT

Maybe let's do this instead:

Kyo/app/klick/ydra/dragon?
In post 584, DragonEater70 wrote: Unfortunate

HEAL: Ydra/Dragon/Klick/Appearance

Um

Elements, Kyo, or DV?

I'm actually going to throw a die here

Okay it landed on Elements

HEAL: Elements

Pedit: yes
In post 585, DragonEater70 wrote: HURT: Elements
HEAL: Kyo

Okay seriously I need to sleep and if this fails then it fails

It's just a game

Goodnight

Feel free to either sheep this or tell Kyo to hammer the other one. Klick is in charge.

i think the pattern here looks pretty close to how i would expect it to look if scum dragon were debating on whether or not to go for one of those risky gambit type plays, if his partner is among [dv, klick, kyo, elements]

i think it doesn't make any sense at all paired with t3 or implosion, bc they were never really in the conversation. but any of those, i could see it happening. and i don't think he's paired with klick. so that leaves DV

and generally i think DV's approach here does fit really well with having a partner who is widely townread and basically a lock for the coalition

AND dragon fits the very stereotypical scum coalition pattern of: initially amplify townreads on partner to get both in a good position, then when one of you is widely townread, scumread your partner to push them out, and then basically forget about the scumread as soon as coalition passes

i think thats one of the biggest things standing out to me right now actually. the shift in approach from dragon between when coalition was forming and now is massive. at that point, everything was about overall gamestate, analyzing teams, working with poes, generally trying to look as towny as possible. but now i don't get the impression that he's trying to solve the game as a whole at all. there's been multiple instances where it's felt like he's pointedly ignored considering who could be the partner of the person he's pushing. it's just a completely different way of looking at the game, and yes, the gamestate has changed, but if you look at for example t3/implo/klick, the way they're currently solving still feels like the same general approach they had earlier in the game, and i think that comes from a town mindset of genuinely wanting to solve the game
You do realize I ended up implementing 0 of these wild ideas that game?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

So are you saying my partner is either you or Klickthis case makes no sense
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:38 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Meh

If you are gonna scumread me for being towny you are gonna need a better case than that.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:40 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I disagree that I haven't looked at people being partnered

I have expressly talked about teams today

And last day ohase I was extremely low WIM so wasn't even trying to solve properly
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:42 am

Post by T3 »

In post 1310, DragonEater70 wrote: Did it take you 4 minutes to read 1285?
??? idk, I was probably a bit distracted eating lunch during that time
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:47 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1303, DragonEater70 wrote: Scum:
you still haven't really done what I asked you to do which is to make up your mind and have an actual read on the Dragon v Klick thing which FYPOV should contain one scum. It feels like you are trying to keep both options open.
how would keeping both options open be at all beneficial to me as scum in the current gamestate?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:48 am

Post by fireisredsir »

for someone who is apparently scumreading and trying to sort me it sure seems like dragon has very little interest in actually reading my posts
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:52 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1314, DragonEater70 wrote: So are you saying my partner is either you or Klickthis case makes no sense
like i don't see how this post comes from anyone reading in good faith or giving things more than just a skim
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:09 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1319, fireisredsir wrote: for someone who is apparently scumreading and trying to sort me it sure seems like dragon has very little interest in actually reading my posts
Tbh I did not see 1285 at all until after I made these posts so
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:09 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1320, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1314, DragonEater70 wrote: So are you saying my partner is either you or Klickthis case makes no sense
like i don't see how this post comes from anyone reading in good faith or giving things more than just a skim
I was live reacting as I was reading
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:10 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Then I ran away because I felt like it

Now I'm gonna reread that post
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:12 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Like okay yeah I could see why you could see DV as either my or Klick's partner because I can see him as Klick's partner for the same reasons.

But I can't see why you are scumreading me for a meta argument about what I could think as scum rather than what I could do as scum.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”