PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:36 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

ok but you didn't mention T3 at all in terms of being a potential lim prior to that point; you mentioned him as an early townread and then moved on without really talking about him at all until Dannflor veers off to vote for him.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:38 pm

In post 915, OutWorldER wrote: I think I agree that Kurta is probably just a mislim at this point.

I'm fine just continuing to sheep Titus and Dann on T3. My preferred lim for today is Skygazer but to be frank with a little less than 3 days left I don't think I could convince people to get on that wagon.

VOTE: T3
I want to use your own words to explain why you thought Kurta was likely to be a mislim at this post in time because it feels extremely oppurtunistic to me
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:39 pm

I want you to use your own words to explain why you thought Kurta was likely to be a mislim at this post in time because it feels extremely oppurtunistic to me
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

I literally cannot use my own words because it really wasn't my vote. it was a hard sheep of Dann. none of my thoughts pertaining to that post are original to me

how is it "opportunistic" T3 literally flipped scum?
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:45 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 3601, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: ok but you didn't mention T3 at all in terms of being a potential lim prior to that point; you mentioned him as an early townread and then moved on without really talking about him at all until Dannflor veers off to vote for him.
T3 went on a decent-length V/LA right after the initial 200 posts or so, he was literally not a participant in the game for a good part of D1 and so I didn't spend much effort thinking about him until later
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:46 pm

the leading wagon was Kurtapika, you voted for Kurta putting him at 6. then Aisa/Dannflor moved off - Dannflor changed his mind on Kurta - pushing the mislim out of reach so the "oppurtunity" to shove that mislim is gone, and your vote moved off it.

I don't understand why you would say you agree about something if you didnt actually think about it. Agreeing means "yes I
also
think this is true" as I understand it. If you're outsourcing all your thinking to Dannflor then you don't ever really need to tell him you agree with him?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:52 pm

In post 984, OutWorldER wrote: That case is extremely weak-sauce and I think the T3/Black partner theory gains more merit by the post.
In post 986, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 985, Black wrote:
In post 984, OutWorldER wrote: That case is extremely weak-sauce and I think the T3/Black partner theory gains more merit by the post.
Why is Titus town?
Because you and T3 are scum.

can you walk me through your thought process here
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:54 pm

my concern is that your progression from I am sheeping Dannflor on T3 -> T3/Black are the scum team is not a real progression but something planned in a scum PT to salvage a losing game state
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:55 pm

I do agree that page 40 looks fucking beautiful if you are mafia with black/t3 though I've read it like four times now and I still can't put my finger one way or the other whether Black is trying to theatre with you because I don't think anything she's doing is likely to persuade you that she's town
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:56 pm

do I have to start pulling up black scum games to see how she persuades townies to do her bidding and compare it to this.

man thats way too much work for this bear to do and i already missed the 9ers/lions game talking to you i cant believe i signed up to do this
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:00 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 3606, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: the leading wagon was Kurtapika, you voted for Kurta putting him at 6. then Aisa/Dannflor moved off - Dannflor changed his mind on Kurta - pushing the mislim out of reach so the "oppurtunity" to shove that mislim is gone, and your vote moved off it.

I don't understand why you would say you agree about something if you didnt actually think about it. Agreeing means "yes I
also
think this is true" as I understand it. If you're outsourcing all your thinking to Dannflor then you don't ever really need to tell him you agree with him?
i have no idea what you're trying to say with either of these sentences. Aisa/Dann moved off Kurta, so scum!me decides...to be the second vote on their own partner's wagon? Instead of trying to convince Dann to stay on Kurta, or do literally anything else?

The second sentence is just indecipherable to me
In post 3607, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 986, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 985, Black wrote:
Why is Titus town?
Because you and T3 are scum.

can you walk me through your thought process here
T3's case to me seemed reliant on meta that just totally did not fit what my own meta-read of Titus was. Throughout the whole game I thought Titus was playing very close to her standard meta from games I had played previously with her (though a long time ago) like Among Us mafia and that one mini normal I was scum in. Every point unrelated to meta just seemed reachy and weak

Black's vote to me made it seem obvious to me it was an attempt at a scum counter-wagon on Titus because I had played with Black in a normal just before this game and thought it would be incredibly unlikely for her to be persuaded by a weak case, so I made the hard call out against both of them.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:01 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 3608, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: my concern is that your progression from I am sheeping Dannflor on T3 -> T3/Black are the scum team is not a real progression but something planned in a scum PT to salvage a losing game state
How does this make sense from a scum strategy perspective? Page 40 is me attempting to (and I like to think I did to pad my own ego) shut down the Titus counter-wagon that both were trying to get going. How would that be salvaging a losing game-state?
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:04 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

also like

the theoretical scum strategy here would require for me to volunteer to deep-wolf which is something that I absolutely would not do

because I freak out and give up and believe I am about to die once I get under the slightest bit of suspicion
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:12 pm

In post 3612, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 3608, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: my concern is that your progression from I am sheeping Dannflor on T3 -> T3/Black are the scum team is not a real progression but something planned in a scum PT to salvage a losing game state
How does this make sense from a scum strategy perspective? Page 40 is me attempting to (and I like to think I did to pad my own ego) shut down the Titus counter-wagon that both were trying to get going. How would that be salvaging a losing game-state?

i dont think a titus counterwagon existed
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:12 pm

In post 3613, OutWorldER wrote: also like

the theoretical scum strategy here would require for me to volunteer to deep-wolf which is something that I absolutely would not do

because I freak out and give up and believe I am about to die once I get under the slightest bit of suspicion
well its not like you have a choice if t3 and black are both going to die
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:13 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 3614, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

Spoiler: quotes
In post 979, T3 wrote:
In post 976, Titus wrote: T3, why are you scumreading me?
I noticed that you hyperfocused on Kurtapika earlier and rarely, if ever provided much commentary or reads on other players. Another thing I noticed was that you aren't doing VCA and that your reads are 'muted,' in a sense. You have your theory about me/Kurta/Black but you're only really going out and pushing Kurta. It seems very different to MBOS 13 when you were absolutely convinced that Norwee/Dwlee/me were scum - you really pushed us hard and you had more substantial reasoning than you do for me/Kurta/Black:
Subject: mini theme 2229: MBOS 13 schweppes' pulpy potions daya 5
In post 1222, Titus wrote:
In post 1218, Green Cap Boys wrote:
In post 1201, Titus wrote:The three of them are locktowning each other based on spacious reasoning. They don't interact organically.
[citation needed]

-Retti
For example,

NorwegianboyEE: The three of us aren't locktowning each other.
Also NorwegianboyEE: My PoE includes none of them. Titus is there though.

T3: We aren't hard defending each other.
Also T3: Puts me as lock scum for my reads.

Previously,

NorwegianboyEE: Dwlee, your read on Titus has no reason just tunneling.
Dwlee: So what?
NorwegianboyEE: That's ok you'll see Titus as town.

Later:

NoweiganboyEE: It's Titus and Fairy Circle.

---

This is scum trying to chain us and/or vig me.
Your play here also differs from what I most recently saw of you in Secrets of the Anukat Topaz, in that game you, again, had very strong scumreads and awkwardly pushed those scumreads in a scummy way such that you eventually got voted out. As Dannflor remarked on earlier, your tone definitely feels slightly more relaxed here compared to your tone in Secrets of the Anukat Topaz, which came across to me as extremely wooden. This is a pretty weak point because when I spectated Datisi's University I found your tone as scum to transcend into an entirely different dimension of wooden.

I also strongly disliked your progression here:
In post 898, Titus wrote:
In post 892, Dannflor wrote: I also believe kurtapika is largely a town driven wagon

Which makes the non existence of a counter wagon pretty weird

The nearest we’ve come is skygazer
T3 has been vla and the third won't use their limited cache to create a counter. They've played passively with their vote to try and get a counter going to no avail.
In post 916, Titus wrote: VOTE: T3
Between these two posts, the only thing that changed was Aisa saying that Kurta is town and OWER voting me. While you did say that Kurta not having English as a first language makes you think that he is townier, that doesn't address the bulk of your argument against Kurta so I don't buy that you unvoted because of a changed read. I also don't buy that you could have unvoted because the day was ending and the consensus was on me. At that point, there were still 48 hours left in the day, and while the momentum was on me, Kurta was the bigger wagon.
In post 980, T3 wrote: VOTE: Titus

I feel better about Titus than Skygazer actually.
In post 983, Black wrote: I've been thinking Titus could be scum here and I like this case from T3. I'm on board with this

VOTE: Titus

what do you think T3 and Black were attempting to do here pooky
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:14 pm

when i say salvage a losing game state i mean try to get deepwolfed enough into the towncore to win.

like if your teammates are going to die you, salvaging the game would be to bus hard enough to become part of the town core and that would involve really good distancing/bussing.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:15 pm

In post 3616, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 3614, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

Spoiler: quotes
In post 979, T3 wrote:
In post 976, Titus wrote: T3, why are you scumreading me?
I noticed that you hyperfocused on Kurtapika earlier and rarely, if ever provided much commentary or reads on other players. Another thing I noticed was that you aren't doing VCA and that your reads are 'muted,' in a sense. You have your theory about me/Kurta/Black but you're only really going out and pushing Kurta. It seems very different to MBOS 13 when you were absolutely convinced that Norwee/Dwlee/me were scum - you really pushed us hard and you had more substantial reasoning than you do for me/Kurta/Black:
Subject: mini theme 2229: MBOS 13 schweppes' pulpy potions daya 5
In post 1222, Titus wrote:
In post 1218, Green Cap Boys wrote:
In post 1201, Titus wrote:The three of them are locktowning each other based on spacious reasoning. They don't interact organically.
[citation needed]

-Retti
For example,

NorwegianboyEE: The three of us aren't locktowning each other.
Also NorwegianboyEE: My PoE includes none of them. Titus is there though.

T3: We aren't hard defending each other.
Also T3: Puts me as lock scum for my reads.

Previously,

NorwegianboyEE: Dwlee, your read on Titus has no reason just tunneling.
Dwlee: So what?
NorwegianboyEE: That's ok you'll see Titus as town.

Later:

NoweiganboyEE: It's Titus and Fairy Circle.

---

This is scum trying to chain us and/or vig me.
Your play here also differs from what I most recently saw of you in Secrets of the Anukat Topaz, in that game you, again, had very strong scumreads and awkwardly pushed those scumreads in a scummy way such that you eventually got voted out. As Dannflor remarked on earlier, your tone definitely feels slightly more relaxed here compared to your tone in Secrets of the Anukat Topaz, which came across to me as extremely wooden. This is a pretty weak point because when I spectated Datisi's University I found your tone as scum to transcend into an entirely different dimension of wooden.

I also strongly disliked your progression here:
In post 898, Titus wrote:
In post 892, Dannflor wrote: I also believe kurtapika is largely a town driven wagon

Which makes the non existence of a counter wagon pretty weird

The nearest we’ve come is skygazer
T3 has been vla and the third won't use their limited cache to create a counter. They've played passively with their vote to try and get a counter going to no avail.
In post 916, Titus wrote: VOTE: T3
Between these two posts, the only thing that changed was Aisa saying that Kurta is town and OWER voting me. While you did say that Kurta not having English as a first language makes you think that he is townier, that doesn't address the bulk of your argument against Kurta so I don't buy that you unvoted because of a changed read. I also don't buy that you could have unvoted because the day was ending and the consensus was on me. At that point, there were still 48 hours left in the day, and while the momentum was on me, Kurta was the bigger wagon.
In post 980, T3 wrote: VOTE: Titus

I feel better about Titus than Skygazer actually.
In post 983, Black wrote: I've been thinking Titus could be scum here and I like this case from T3. I'm on board with this

VOTE: Titus

what do you think T3 and Black were attempting to do here pooky
two scum votes is not a counterwagon, you need town votes for a counter wagon because scum cannot yeet people by themselves.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:16 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

okay but like

you do recognize that they made the attempt to start one, right? why are you being so semantical about this
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:16 pm

like i do not believe at any point during d1 titus was ever remotely in danger of being yeeted or a viable counterwagon so i dont think you "shutting down a counterwagon" is like an accurate description of what happened or clearing in any way.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:17 pm

im not being semantical

you're telling me i should townbin you for shutting down the titus counterwagon but like i look at game state and i find it hard to believe the counter wagon even existed let alone was any kind of threat.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:18 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

okay so what's T3 and Black's motivations for casing/voting Titus if they weren't trying to counterwagon there
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:19 pm

In post 3622, OutWorldER wrote: okay so what's T3 and Black's motivations for casing/voting Titus if they weren't trying to counterwagon there
to distance with you
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:20 pm

like i dont think black is a bad scum player

i dont think their counter wagon had a shot in hell of working so i think why the fuck would they do this

and the reasonable explanation to me is because they want to set up scum #3 to go super deep and that makes the interaction with you make sense
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

a) how would Black know that this distancing gambit would work

b) how are you confident it was even Black's idea in the first place

c) what has made you convinced that T3/Black were pulling a 5head strategy to position a theoretical scum!me as a deepwolf instead of just a flailing shot in the dark

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”