Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:02 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

So, uh, I said I'd read the game today or something, but I've been incredibly busy IRL so instead I am not going to do that.

I am hiwver going to claim because I think I saw something about a massclaim? I am a Town Night 4 Neapolitan, which seems like a pretty useless role tbh (unless one of you claimed vanilla? IDK I only remeber that Aureal claimed Backup Miller).
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:06 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1953, Argonauts wrote: By the way DE, don't think I haven't noticed you putting off claiming in order to read the game first. :igmeou:

-Atalanta
I mean

I put off playing in general until I read the game but at this stage it's not rly viable.

I would go to sleep this minute but there's a game in the Open Queue I kinda need to make the thread for.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:20 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Hm. Shame, that.

Argon, what do you think I am?
Argonauts
Argonauts
Goon
Argonauts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:14 am

Post by Argonauts »

Well you're obviously crumbing something about Save the Dragons so I expect you can go ahead with whatever result you have there, and then we can proceed with trying to figure out if it's real or fake or a bus or whatever.

-Atalanta
Hydra of Aureal, Doctor Drew, and RH9
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:43 am

I suppose the time is drawing near, yes.

I would like to post in-full both my claim and what my conclusions are based on what has gaooened in thread during my lunch break. It should be in no less than a few hours, possibly within the hour.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:02 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 1970, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1968, shaddowez wrote: Completely ignoring claims for the moment StD, largely based on voting records.
Especially
considering this could be multiball.

Not liking Argo's claim/explanation either. Seems convenient that there was a "crumb" and then chose backup miller after a miller was claimed. The "I was afraid I was gonna get vigged" is based on and , so something's just not sitting right with me there.
I don't think this is multiball?
On mobile so can't just quote the one line from the rules, but it says the antitown players have an equal chance of being mafia or werewolf, unless that's for the entire faction?
Any thoughts on Lucca?
DE hasn't done anything to change my mind since , but as far as I can tell Black was the only other person that agreed.
V/LA on Weekends
Argonauts
Argonauts
Goon
Argonauts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:38 pm

Post by Argonauts »

In post 1, Alianna wrote:
Setup Information

Setup Creation

1. The game is guaranteed to contain:
- 10 players aligned with the
town

- 3 players aligned with an anti-town faction that has an equal chance to be
mafia
or
werewolves

serial killer
aligned with themself
You mean this??

-Atalanta
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:56 pm

Post by shaddowez »

That's the one
V/LA on Weekends
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:59 pm

I am a Town Loyal Checker, and last night my ability failed on Progon, likely meaning that they are scum.

(For the previous days, I checked Roden on N1, but they are dead now. On N2, I checked Black and very publically pushed them the day after.)

Here are some of my crumbles:
Spoiler: dabadeedabadai, dabadi dadubi
In post 749, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Some basic NKA:

Hu Tao was probably a Mafia kill. Given that there were generally good vibes all around, Hu Tao wasn't a
loyal
townread to everyone, but they were generally townread.
Not_Mafia was probably an SK kill. Not only because of the above, but also Mafia are unlikely to kill their prized cow, aiming to axe them instead.

I'll have to go back and
check
D1 to update this analysis.
In post 971, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 969, lucca261 wrote: Jake, did you read the ISOs of both Shaddow/STD during the night as well?
Unfortunately, my
loyalties
for that time were spend elsewhere.
At least I read up on Black and got a neat little justification for scumreading them.
In post 910, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 822, Jake The Wolfie wrote: I would've gone with (as though this is surprising) Shadez, Black, and Dragons.

Mainly Dragons. I'll reeval Shadez and Black over the night
So I checked out Black on the overnight
and I.. didn't like what I was seeing

Also, Jackson. Would you care to explain why our good friend Jacob was found to be suspicious underneath your watching eye? I think you need to claim good sir.

VOTE: JacksonVirgo
[Lucca had questioned whether or not this was me claiming a redcheck on Black, good on them.]
In post 922, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 916, lucca261 wrote: or did you check her ISO
I looked over her case file, and I found that her actions were not for the town.

As for today, I have the general feeling that Argon rightfully caught that I had found something on Progon (their confirmation was helpful) and had started pre-emtively pushing their only logical choice, Antigon [I will henceforth be calling Antigon "Neugon" from now on.] As previously mentioned, Lucca had also caught that I may be crumbing something, so this is not a slam dunk.

Really, I've been having a fair bit of trouble deciding between Neugon and Argon. Both of them have had questionable and suspicious histories, as though mirroring one another.

I am very tempted to say that the severe antagonism between Jackson and Argon have shown to eachother in the past was theater, at least to Jackson (Just look at how antagonostic that Jackson was to Claptastick) but those are dark and swampy waters to wade in. Instead, we can walk the path on contraction, where Jackson interracted with Lucca. In some posts like the ones below, Jackson seems to just dislike and distrust Lucca, rather than being openly antagonistic.

Spoiler: why does yt shorts keep showing me clips from house md.
In post 162, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 149, Black wrote: Based on lucca's posts he definitely scumread Jackson for asking so many questions. Maybe we have different definitions of shade but to me it seems like lucca was trying to make Jackson look bad with that question
Yeah, I feel it's pretty clear through his wording that he scum-read me (to what degree, who knows) and it didn't feel like he was asking me a question just making a point, similar line of logic to what I was saying about clap. I just wanna wait for him to answer my question before I let anybody know what I'm concluding atm
In post 180, JacksonVirgo wrote: One was about Clap's entitlement, the other about Lucca's shade on me
In post 939, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 937, lucca261 wrote: you tell me you have made a list of all 150 roles, knew exactly which ones could interfere with your action and then on the following night just randomly picks an ascetic player to investigate

like this is a very inconsistent effort level
I made an oversight with their claim, it happened very early. Those two things are not the same, why are you comparing it

Personally, I think that Argon is more likely to be mafia here than Neugon.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:00 pm

Anyway, that's that post. I'm sleeping now.
Argonauts
Argonauts
Goon
Argonauts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:40 pm

Post by Argonauts »

Oh boy, another Loyal claim.

@mod: A Loyal action used by a Town player will still succeed on a Miller (barring other interference), correct?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:43 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 1986, Argonauts wrote: Oh boy, another Loyal claim.

@mod: A Loyal action used by a Town player will still succeed on a Miller (barring other interference), correct?
Correct, loyal abilities are not deceived by millers.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Argonauts
Argonauts
Goon
Argonauts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:16 pm

Post by Argonauts »

It's a little hard for me to believe that Jake can look at Jackson's interactions and decide that his attitude towards me is theater like what he believes to be the case between Jackson and Claptastik. Jackson had long-winded conversations with both Clap and Jake. My attempts to interact with Jackson were met with him totally shooting me down in a way that shows he clearly just wanted to discredit me rather than interact, throughout the game. Like these:
In post 410, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 409, Argonauts wrote:
In post 407, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 406, Argonauts wrote: Nor do I agree that thinking it could be best to take out the SK first is a scumtell. Especially when you're just coming out and saying it like that.
How is it not? Is this a cultural difference? The only people who should care about taking out/focusing the SK are the mafia. Town should just be focusing on who is wolfy
Town can win with the SK?!? :igmeou:

-Atalanta
:roll:

Talk to me when you're not going to be a dick
In post 837, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 793, Argonauts wrote: I'd like to hear more from Jackson on why he decided to target Jacob's slot.
What a silly ass question
Furthermore, Jake seems to be totally overlooking how yesterday I was pressuring both Jackson and Dragons (who is basically confirmed scum from his POV) and it was others like himself who forced it to end in a Skygazer/shaddowez showdown. So I'm not terribly convinced Jake is on the level here, though the earlier crumbing helps a bit with that. I don't particularly need to convince
him
that I'm town here since if he makes it to 3P with me only the presence of a scum roleblocker will allow for him to not know what the solve is.

I haven't town-locked shaddowez yet, though I agree he's the most likely to be town. A good part of it is the claim, and the likely scum-driven wagon on him is also a factor.

Dragons is just the most obvious choice to be scum here, it's hard to see a world where he isn't. shaddowez/lucca where lucca was constantly on shaddowez is pretty lol. lucca/Jake I'd have to look into a little more but both trying to push the same townie yesterday seems a little off. Jake/shaddowez with Jake swinging hard for shaddowez over Sky last day doesn't seem at all likely.

And DE/lucca I've already been eyeing today even though lucca was a townread. I don't know if he's dropped past Jake yet, I'll have to think about that a little more with the new info.

-Atalanta
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:52 pm

In post 1988, Argonauts wrote:[...]
Furthermore, Jake seems to be totally overlooking how yesterday I was pressuring both Jackson and Dragons (who is basically confirmed scum from his POV) and it was others like himself who forced it to end in a Skygazer/shaddowez showdown. [...]

-Atalanta
I looked into this, looking through both your and Lucca's D3 play, and you did push for Progon to get axed, voted them, even. The main issue is that Lucca also didn't townread Progon yesterday, which is another symmetry. (I swear, if Black roleblocked me and it turns out that both you and Neugon are both scum, I'll have a fit.)

There is one asymmetry between you two: your take on Jackson. While Lucca arguably left the door open for Jackson to be town, you demonstrably nailed that door shut. However, I'm discounting this as Jackson was a lost wolf, which would mean that the scum would've had to figure out that he was their lost wolf. If Neugon wants to, they can dig through Jackson's and Progon's ISO to see if there's any indication that Progon knew they were a lost wolf.
Argonauts
Argonauts
Goon
Argonauts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:08 pm

Post by Argonauts »

Mafia would know they have a traitor. Mafia knew Jackson was likely their traitor there because only the SK blocking him could realistically explain what he was doing otherwise. (I suppose he could technically have been the SK in their eyes too, but that's such insane play for a 3P that I don't think it's getting seriously considered.) So, good odds they would at least be pretty comfortable with him rather than wanting to push him.

-Atalanta
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:12 pm

@Moderator: Would a Mafia Traitor know their teammate's roles, or just who they are?
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:29 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 1991, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
@Moderator: Would a Mafia Traitor know their teammate's roles, or just who they are?
Just who they are.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:44 pm

In post 1990, Argonauts wrote: Mafia would know they have a traitor. Mafia knew Jackson was likely their traitor there because only the SK blocking him could realistically explain what he was doing otherwise. (I suppose he could technically have been the SK in their eyes too, but that's such insane play for a 3P that I don't think it's getting seriously considered.) So, good odds they would at least be pretty comfortable with him rather than wanting to push him.

-Atalanta
While unlikely, it may have been possible for the mafia to have roleblocked Jackson on that night.
Argonauts
Argonauts
Goon
Argonauts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:47 pm

Post by Argonauts »

Yeah, that too, thought I had mentioned that but changed my wording and left it out. Also not a high probability occurence.

And if they did happen to block him they would probably estimate the odds of him lying about his role to be much lower than they actually were. And thus likely wouldn't be too keen to push him because they'd expect to be in trouble when Jackson flipped town.

-Atalanta
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:22 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

if your ability failed what do you think happened

i am not scum

could you have been roleblocked?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:52 am

I could've been, Black was part roleblocker after all. However, from my perspective there would need to be a few things that would need to be explained for you to not be scum. These include:

- Neugon's lack of thread presence and thread awareness, where Argon (or myself if you fancy) is their teammate.
- Argon's turn on Neugon after I hinted that I had something on you, but didn't know what.
- - If Argon were scum and I was roleblocked, they could reasonably suspect that I was pulling a reaction test.
- That your voting history is, by your own admission, bad.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:15 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Am I Neugon now?

Also

I probably shouldn't have replaced in, sorry for my horrible thread presence, I'll try to read now even though I'm actually shirking real life responsibilities for that.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:19 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I think I'm just gonna read like the last 5 pages and pretend it's enough to form meaningful reads

Or that's what I'd do if this wasn't ELo.

Bah, I kinda want to just sheep Jake.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:19 am

Post by DragonEater70 »