Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:48 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 147, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 132, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 131, T-Bone wrote: But your slot has made 37 posts and the rest of us have barely got double digits. Couple that with the hydra dissonance you're already showing at best you're a net negative for the town right now. But since your slot has given the most content my honest opinion is that it is pretty anti-town with the hydra dissonance alone.
That's a weird sentiment because what hydra dissonance have we shown???

Unless I'm missing something all of us have been scumreading HPE and that's mostly it?
Have to agree here though that the hydra dissonance argument just Doesn't Make Sense right now. This one IS kneejerking at Adorable shenanigans but what the hell is everyone else on this slot doing?
ebwop
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:49 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 131, T-Bone wrote: But your slot has made 37 posts and the rest of us have barely got double digits. Couple that with the hydra dissonance you're already showing at best you're a net negative for the town right now. But since your slot has given the most content my honest opinion is that it is pretty anti-town with the hydra dissonance alone.

Unless I'm missing something all of us have been scumreading HPE and that's mostly it?
Have to agree here though that the hydra dissonance argument just Doesn't Make Sense right. This one IS kneejerking at Adorable shenanigans but what the hell is everyone else on this slot doing?
We're trying to solve. What are you doing?

-Black
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:49 am

Post by T-Bone »

I think it does, I cited when it happened earlier and it's literally happening in real time now, HPE. I can quote the situations better when I'm not mobile posting or you can go back to page 3 or whenever it started and take a look for yourself on the merits of my claim. Or you know, the fact that it's happening now in real time. Dragon even scolded Black in this thread!
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:51 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 137, T-Bone wrote: to also having a Klick read but backing off because one of your heads does not agree
Okay so I should probably clarify what happened because I can see why it looked like hydra dissonance:

Last game I had with Klick, I voted him as a reaction test when I had no read on him, and it helped me form a read on him. This game I tried to do this as well but instead of backing off after one post, I tried to pretend like I did have a scumread on Klick (Which didn't work, he saw through me). Then since it didn't work, I gave up and said that I actually TR him, which was true. This is more along the lines of cognitive dissonance than hydra dissonance, except it was intentional to maybe get a better grasp on his alignment.

- Dragon
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:52 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 152, T-Bone wrote: I think it does, I cited when it happened earlier and it's literally happening in real time now, HPE. I can quote the situations better when I'm not mobile posting or you can go back to page 3 or whenever it started and take a look for yourself on the merits of my claim. Or you know, the fact that it's happening now in real time. Dragon even scolded Black in this thread!
There's nothing wrong with us not being on the same page. I'm not going to consult the hydra PT every time I want to share an opinion on someone. That's ridiculous to expect. You're just going to have to deal with it
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:52 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

-Black
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:52 am

In post 151, CUDDLE TIME wrote:

Have to agree here though that the hydra dissonance argument just Doesn't Make Sense right. This one IS kneejerking at Adorable shenanigans but what the hell is everyone else on this slot doing?
We're trying to solve. What are you doing?

-Black
Having a kneejerk reaction, like it just said.
Get To Know A Doll
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:52 am

Post by T-Bone »

Thanks for explaining for what it's worth, Dragon! That's helpful!

HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:53 am

In post 154, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 152, T-Bone wrote: I think it does, I cited when it happened earlier and it's literally happening in real time now, HPE. I can quote the situations better when I'm not mobile posting or you can go back to page 3 or whenever it started and take a look for yourself on the merits of my claim. Or you know, the fact that it's happening now in real time. Dragon even scolded Black in this thread!
There's nothing wrong with us not being on the same page. I'm not going to consult the hydra PT every time I want to share an opinion on someone. That's ridiculous to expect. You're just going to have to deal with it
Also kinda real and true
Get To Know A Doll
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:54 am

Post by T-Bone »

You're going to have to be more specific.

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:55 am

Post by Klick »

The big hydra is town
If you think their presence is net negative you should probably talk to and about other slots
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:55 am

In post 159, T-Bone wrote: You're going to have to be more specific.
who what why
Get To Know A Doll
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:56 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 160, Klick wrote: The big hydra is town
If you think their presence is net negative you should probably talk to and about other slots
Tell me about this conclusion.

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 am

Post by ActionDan »

Can you expand on your knee jerking? Why is that so?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:08 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Anyway I should probably make a case for HPE now since all of us scumread it:

Not sure why Black scumreads it.

Thomith says HPE's play reminds him of scum!HPE from Mini Normal 2322.

I think HPE is scum for several reasons: its approach to Adorable, specifically soft defending it but not really townreading it, feels scum motivated and similar to how I've seen it interact with town (as scum) in Mini Normal 2322. Then there was also the point of HPE pointing out that it did something in a past game as a "defense", except they did it in a scum game:
Spoiler: quotes
In post 97, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 82, Aureal wrote:
In post 80, HighPrincessErinys wrote: This one doesn't want to like, be a dick about it by driving the point home but it just thinks trying to understand Adorable here is a futile effort and we're gonna wanna wait for the other heads to rear themselves.
And yet you're... voting with me? :thinking:
This one is a big fan of blowing people up based on game-irrelevant vibes.
In post 98, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Just ask cw357!

cs357 was a townie that scum!HPE pushed, so this "defense" of saying it's just something it likes to do and comparing the two situations feels like a scumclaim more than anything else.

Other than HPE, I think Black strongly TRs Aureal for her aggression and vibes, I'm townleaning that but also have a similar viewpoint to AD's . Thomith and I both agree that if Aureal is scum, she might be partnered with RR (for me it's mainly RR's vote on Aureal felt like it could be signaling? idk).

Both Black and I dislike Hu Tao's push on our slot, and I also feel like Hu Tao has used the "being overwhelmed with hydra" as an excuse not to engage with the game.

Hopefully this gives you more meat to work with regarding what our reads are, in a way that's less dissonant.

- Dragon

P.S. I don't scumread T-Bone. Haven't fully made up my mind if I'm townleaning him or just null. And as I said earlier I TR Klick.
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:10 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

I'm going to stop posting for tonight. Good luck!

- Dragon
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:10 am

Post by Klick »

In post 162, T-Bone wrote:
They look like four ducks
They quack like four ducks

I am in the camp of moving the discussion away from the hydra that everyone thinks is dominating the discussion
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:16 am

Post by T-Bone »

For what it's worth if I was just reading dragon I'd probably have a small town lean because he engaged with my criticism instead of deflecting. I'm deciding, and I'm probably not going to decide right now, whether that's because the slot is actually town or dragon realizes how obviously scummy black is and is quickly covering up for it. I suppose that could be true regardless of their alignment. What I read as dragon's genuine attempt to engage with the game quickly turned into an uphill battle for dragon to counter everything black was posting. I'm always going to read dissonance as scummy because it's not something that serves any purpose for the town but easy to kick up the game with if you're scum. I believe scum will always do the easy things when it serves them. I think when you're a hydra you have to be held to a higher standard than an individual player because presumably you can plan out your posts in general, discuss your reads, and be helpful if you're town. It's a higher burden sure, but when the other side of that coin is easy nonsense you can do as scum I think it's a fair burden to ask a hydra slot to meet.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:18 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 166, Klick wrote:
In post 162, T-Bone wrote:
They look like four ducks
They quack like four ducks

I am in the camp of moving the discussion away from the hydra that everyone thinks is dominating the discussion
I'm fine with moving the discussion away from them but only one head at best quacks like a duck. Another sounds like a pig trying to quack, if you want to go with this weird animal metaphor. And that was my point, ultimately, in challenging the slot.

So do want to call them town because you think discussing them is exhausting or because of something they did that makes you think so? Please be specific if that exists

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:20 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

I kinda think T-Bone is one to go rogue as town(ie making some head scratching reads/analysis), and I have only seen him as town, so despite me disagreeing with his take on the hydra, I don't think he is scum here.

Also no judgement here Bone, I am a master at head scratching reads and analysis.

Also, 2019 Drew would hate me sticking up for a hydra
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:23 am

Post by T-Bone »

What you don't realize is that I'm brilliant and the next time I draw scum I will run circles around the town just like I always do :P

sadly that's not today. I know we're all disappointed.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:24 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 169, Doctor Drew wrote: I kinda think T-Bone is one to go rogue as town(ie making some head scratching reads/analysis), and I have only seen him as town, so despite me disagreeing with his take on the hydra, I don't think he is scum here.

Also no judgement here Bone, I am a master at head scratching reads and analysis.

Also, 2019 Drew would hate me sticking up for a hydra
Actually I'm hoping to break this down. You called my take head scratching analysis. Why? What do you disagree with?

CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:25 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 167, T-Bone wrote: For what it's worth if I was just reading dragon I'd probably have a small town lean because he engaged with my criticism instead of deflecting. I'm deciding, and I'm probably not going to decide right now, whether that's because the slot is actually town or dragon realizes how obviously scummy black is and is quickly covering up for it. I suppose that could be true regardless of their alignment. What I read as dragon's genuine attempt to engage with the game quickly turned into an uphill battle for dragon to counter everything black was posting. I'm always going to read dissonance as scummy because it's not something that serves any purpose for the town but easy to kick up the game with if you're scum. I believe scum will always do the easy things when it serves them. I think when you're a hydra you have to be held to a higher standard than an individual player because presumably you can plan out your posts in general, discuss your reads, and be helpful if you're town. It's a higher burden sure, but when the other side of that coin is easy nonsense you can do as scum I think it's a fair burden to ask a hydra slot to meet.
You can treat us like 4 different players if it helps you overcome your adversion to dissonance

Also what posts give you the impression that I'm scummy? Surely not the one where I say the policy lim crowd could have scum in it

-Black
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:29 am

Post by Klick »

I'm willing to expand on my thoughts on the CUDDLE TIME slot with the understanding that this is as far as I'm willing to take the discussion for at least like 24 hours; I don't want this to become the line of discourse that dominates my airwaves

In essence, I townread CUDDLE TIME because they've shown several instances of posting that has a clear focus on solving and making solving possible. This is from multiple heads. I don't believe the current goal from any of them is to get townread. There's an aggressive approach from them that seems to be trying to make plays happen early with the intent of drumming up info. This is very consistent from what I'd expect of town!Dragon and kind of town!Black as well.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:30 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 172, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 167, T-Bone wrote: For what it's worth if I was just reading dragon I'd probably have a small town lean because he engaged with my criticism instead of deflecting. I'm deciding, and I'm probably not going to decide right now, whether that's because the slot is actually town or dragon realizes how obviously scummy black is and is quickly covering up for it. I suppose that could be true regardless of their alignment. What I read as dragon's genuine attempt to engage with the game quickly turned into an uphill battle for dragon to counter everything black was posting. I'm always going to read dissonance as scummy because it's not something that serves any purpose for the town but easy to kick up the game with if you're scum. I believe scum will always do the easy things when it serves them. I think when you're a hydra you have to be held to a higher standard than an individual player because presumably you can plan out your posts in general, discuss your reads, and be helpful if you're town. It's a higher burden sure, but when the other side of that coin is easy nonsense you can do as scum I think it's a fair burden to ask a hydra slot to meet.
You can treat us like 4 different players if it helps you overcome your adversion to dissonance

Also what posts give you the impression that I'm scummy? Surely not the one where I say the policy lim crowd could have scum in it

-Black
I mean, that's pretty scummy by itself. AD did the math but grouping together any three players and saying 'one is scum' is about the most laziest thing you could do to pretend to give a take on the game. I know your protest to this is "but it's not any three players, it's three players pushing a policy lim". But then you also chose to deflect some real criticisms I had of your hydra displaying dissonance while literally disagreeing with Dragon in this thread about how you should respond to those criticisms and making a performance out of it honestly.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”