Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:35 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 299, T-Bone wrote:
In post 222, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I was gonna have him as town but if he can make those kind of posts as scum, then I shouldn't.

T-Bone can you send me a random scum game of yours?
Can you explain to me why you want it? Meta is trash. (but seriously I want to know your reasoning as specific as you can give it)
What do you think about my read on you based on personal meta with you?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:04 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 298, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 296, Hu Tao wrote: In the last games, I don't remember you acting this way as town. Maybe I need to relook.
You don't remember Aureal being defensive?
Not like this. But I guess in that game she was role-playing as a bird :lol:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:05 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 222, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I was gonna have him as town but if he can make those kind of posts as scum, then I shouldn't.

Can you explain to me why you want it? Meta is trash. (but seriously I want to know your reasoning as specific as you can give it)
Cause you explained things I'm a way that town would do. Just the vibe I get. But I glanced over your scum game and you're capable of doing that. So I think it's just nai
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:06 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

I'm thinking Drew is town so far
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:34 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 249, Radical Rat wrote:
Kira's basically SK, yeah? Why wouldn't they be scummy?
not in any standard way as they are as uninformed as the town is. what I tried last game was figuring out through 'if x is kira, then who are their followers?' and if it makes sense, but of course that kind of stuff only shows itself in time
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:45 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 253, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 29, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 28, Gimli wrote:
In post 26, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Well, this one generally tries to mix up its approach at least a little every game, but also after tunneling hard on you last time and being wrong its time to see if doing the opposite will make me right.
sure it makes perfect sense

VOTE: HPE
ready to die for the cause sir Image
VOTE: HPE
Those who scumread hpe, why is this not a soft for gimli as Kira?
if HPE is a follower, then this post has the aim of both letting kira know a potential follower while keeping kira hidden

I take by the casual trolling approach that HPE might as well be a follower, but there's something else here which is how on edge it seems to be from the beginning - the joke itself is result of early pressure
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:48 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 254, Klick wrote: That post is the main reason I scumread HPE and I think it's a red herring
(googles
red herring
)

I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:59 pm

Post by Gimli »

doctor drew trying to convince aureal that she is towny is both cute and +town points for both
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:04 pm

Post by Gimli »

scumpool of (RR, AD, hu tao, HPE, tbone) seems fine for d1

@klick: can you elaborate on AD = kira read?

every other slot in my pool seems to be more inviting as a potential kira flip than HPE, from how I expect kira to play
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:07 pm

Post by Gimli »

I want to remove hu tao from d1 pool and work with (AD, RR, HPE, tbone)

as for HPE: is there any slot defending it? does it have potential followers?
I'll tie your legs
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:20 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

Hey Klick, I've only skimmed so maybe I'm wrong, and it's also possible that my sense of time is all fucked up for real life reasons, but I'm pretty sure it's been more than 36 hours since you accused HPE of being AD's partner and so far neither one has responded to this in any substantial manner and I don't really understand what's the point of holding back your reasoning about this anymore. So could you please make your case for AD being HPE's Kira?

- Dragon

P.S. I am very busy IRL as you can tell by me being in only one game and not 3 and also moddong only one game and not 3 and also only posting in the afternoon rather than immediately when I wake up, so I'm sorry about my meh engagement these last two days and hopefully this evening I can post something substantial.
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:58 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 278, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 273, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 272, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 271, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 265, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 194, Aureal wrote:
In post 125, ActionDan wrote: @cuddles : I can't shake that your post 7 and 8 doesn't come from scum. Rest of your hydra's posting is fine.
In post 7, CUDDLE TIME wrote: VOTE: HIGH PRINCESS SCUMRINYS

We've been opposite alignments for 4 games in a row, don't see a reason it would change now.
In post 8, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Okay bye I'm going to play the marathon NewD3 now.
????

The first one totally sounds like something I would say, and I'm always town so maaaaaybe I could kinda see it being towny (but really that's probably just a personal quirk of mine). But I definitely disagree on the second, it feels somewhat pre-emptively defensive to need to announce that you're leaving to do something else.
It's possible Dan meant the ISO numbers?? Which for Cuddle would be and which like. Kinda, but not really, other than being cranky about RVS.
Your posts have been all over the place. Here's a summary on your treatment on our slot that concerned me.

1. You voted us because it is futile effort on trying to understand me.

2. Thomith asked you why did you vote us before waiting for the other heads to post.

3. You said the hydra are a policy elim and you said we are destined to be a confusing clusterfuck.

4. You recently quoted a post of Action when he said our posts I'm assuming from page 1 - page 3 have been fine to him and you picked up 2 of my posts and me being cranky about rvs saying that you could see it coming from town but you voted us anyways.

Since you said you could kind of see my posting being town, then what was even the point of voting us in the first place? Was it because of clusterfuck from all of the heads?

- A
This is NOT Adorable talking to me, one way or another.
But moreover, yeah its mostly just a vote on prediction of your presence being a netneg due to dissonance and the associated chaos of 4 heads and yadda yadda yadda no better options yadda yadda yadda, you get it. NO clue what you're talking about with point 4, is the thing. Now that you've made me take a second look, "I can't shake that your post 7 and 8 doesn't come from scum. Rest of your hydra's posting is fine." isn't so clear about what its trying to say, if those posts are scummy or not, but regardless of that me pointing out your ISO 7/8 as opposed to actual 7/8 does not have anything to do with "but you voted us anyways." considering how late to the game my thoughts on the post from AD are compared to voting AND unvoting you. So it's really confusing me.
The post of yours you quoted Action, why did you bring up my post , , and the post where I got cranky with rvs? The way how I interpreted that post you quoted from Action it looked like you said you could see it coming from town.

On this quote of yours just now where you talk about point 4, instead you talk about being confused.

- A
okay THIS is the weird confusing adorable this one is used to

This one quoted Aureal who quoted Dan who said something about your posts, 7 and 8, and offered the alternative interpretation of "iso number 7 and 8???" because the actual literal posts and make even less sense to point out especially when AD isn't clear if he thinks they're from scum or town. All of this is completely and utterly unrelated to my vote on you, and saying "idk why he thinks any of these posts are scummy" doesn't retroactively make it related. If that's even what you're trying to
say here.
I misunderstood you about point 4 earlier and now I get what you're saying.

- A
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:59 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 309, Gimli wrote: I want to remove hu tao from d1 pool and work with (AD, RR, HPE, tbone)

Why hu tao?

- A
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:30 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 312, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 309, Gimli wrote: I want to remove hu tao from d1 pool and work with (AD, RR, HPE, tbone)

Why hu tao?

- A
I enjoyed the flow of hu tao's latter posting with aureal and agree with the town lean on drew, I can see where both stances are coming from

granted it's thin
I'll tie your legs
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:48 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 300, Doctor Drew wrote:

What do you think about my read on you based on personal meta with you?
Your read is bad if that's the reason!
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:10 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 308, Gimli wrote: scumpool of (RR, AD, hu tao, HPE, tbone) seems fine for d1

every other slot in my pool seems to be more inviting as a potential kira flip than HPE, from how I expect kira to play
What's made you rule out Klick?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:17 am

Post by Klick »

In post 308, Gimli wrote: scumpool of (RR, AD, hu tao, HPE, tbone) seems fine for d1

To use your reads list as reference, I think Hu Tao and T-Bone both have a towny mindset at this point. My pool of likely scum at the moment is very similar to the one in your next post - {HPE, ActionDan, Drew, RR}. I think HPE is a likely Follower. Beyond that, ActionDan was a complete vibe check as someone I wasn't townreading, and I wanted to see what kind of response I'd get. I don't have anything solid to back up my read on ActionDan being Kira, it was sort of just a backwards gut read of 'if HPE is a Follower who feels about right as their Kira'.

I think both feel really awkward here compared to what I'd expect from them as town but that's 100% vibes and 0% logic. I like vibes though
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:17 am

Post by Klick »

In post 310, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Hey Klick, I've only skimmed so maybe I'm wrong, and it's also possible that my sense of time is all fucked up for real life reasons, but I'm pretty sure it's been more than 36 hours since you accused HPE of being AD's partner and so far neither one has responded to this in any substantial manner and I don't really understand what's the point of holding back your reasoning about this anymore. So could you please make your case for AD being HPE's Kira?

- Dragon

P.S. I am very busy IRL as you can tell by me being in only one game and not 3 and also moddong only one game and not 3 and also only posting in the afternoon rather than immediately when I wake up, so I'm sorry about my meh engagement these last two days and hopefully this evening I can post something substantial.
See above lol
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:14 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 315, Radical Rat wrote:

What's made you rule out Klick?
I'm never flipping klick on d1 regardless (no this isn't signaling (neither is this (ad infinitum)))

I feel like his stances are closely aligned with how I feel about players which is good, and his read on HPE has investigative depth that could be harder to think of when scum
I'll tie your legs
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:01 am

Post by Radical Rat »

You sure you haven't confused Klick with someone else? Because I'm not seeing any of this "investigative depth"

In fact, Klick is on my short list of potential Kiras. I've just been waiting for the right moment to switch my vote, and it seems I've found it.

VOTE: Klick

CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:14 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

VOTE: Gimli
HURT: RR

Will elaborate on this later but I wanna see if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing first

- Dragon
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:34 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Well, sounds like I have a hit then

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:34 am

Post by Klick »

What are you looking for Ratto
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:01 am

Post by Klick »

Whenever you're around I'd love to chat about the game, reads, the political climate, etc
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:08 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I thought the push on HPE was weak, and expressed as much, but what stuck out to me was your insistence on it being a red herring, and your supposition that Action Dan was Kira based on basically nothing. I wanted to wait and see how things developed, and then they just got worse.

Your reaction to HPE claiming a shitpost seemed to indicate you thought it WAS signaling Kira, but that doesn't quite align with your red herring claim earlier. I thought perhaps you might have been a Follower either misdirecting to protect Gimli, perhaps assuming HPE was the other partner and being worried someone else would interpret that as a signal, or potentially Dan's Follower, trying to do a reverse psychology, which would explain why you never actually voted Dan.

But then Gimli's suggestion that Kira won't look scummy combined with you being absent from his PoE pool due to "investigative depth" that doesn't exist, with you yourself describing your reads as vibe-based, made all of the pieces Klick into place.

You jumped at HPE because, as Kira, you're looking for these signals, and having seen something that you think looks like a signal but directed towards someone else, you tried to push that narrative. No matter whether it lands on Gimli or Dan, it's not you. Gimli's oddities would put him as a strong Follower candidate, and then Dragon immediately jumping on me as soon as I suggested I thought you were Kira... well I think he's overplayed the hand now.

So I suppose to answer your question, Klick, what I'm looking for... is justice.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”