Mini Theme 2330 - A Questionable Almost-Normal Game - Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:43 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1663, usesPython wrote:Also why are people looking for consolidation wagons when there's 7 days until the deadline
An excellent question.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:44 am

Post by Ranger »

Notably, while none of their posting is objectively scummy, vibecheck wise I hard scumread usesPython for page 67.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:49 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1711, usesPython wrote:We don't want Drew or Black here
Then from your perspective, you should be looking at Titus and light.

Unless you believe I fail the vibecheck, I would be town.
Enchant would be town.

That limits your options to {JV, PC, Titus, light_ganski, Hu Tao, ketchup777}.

Unless you believe a team of {Hu Tao, ketchup777, PC}, one of Titus or light must be scum.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:57 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1676, usesPython wrote: Is there a PoE solve yet? Python/JV/Drew/Enchant, 11 alive so need 6 townies
feels odd to class these as definitely out of the picture, even if you feel confident they’re town
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:58 am

Post by Ranger »

Vibewise I’m feeling usesPython is scum with Titus, although I don’t actually think Drew would be the third. I’m figuring it out as I go. The easy answer is light_ganski; easy isn’t always correct.

I’m certainly hoping I’m wrong. If usesPython is town, I want to work with them. Yet it bears mentioning I do think their vibes are off, as it feels their actions don’t match their perspective.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:59 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1679, usesPython wrote:
In post 1678, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1672, usesPython wrote:
In post 1668, ketchup777 wrote: Proposed cop plan if Light gets hammered:

Ketchup+Jackson—> cop Hu Tao
Hu Tao+Black—> cop Jackson
Ranger+Titus—> cop Doctor Drew
usesPython+Doctor Drew —>cop Black
Political Clout—> cop Ketchup
If you're a modified cop check who you want to check

If you're a regular cop check according to the list and pretend you checked who you wanted to check unless you get a guilty/no result on the person you checked in the list
'pretend you checked who you wanted to check'; how will that work? do we only speak up if we didn’t get an inno and otherwise remain silent?
If we were Town Cop and would want to check Koba as a Disloyal Town Cop we'd Town Cop Black (according to the list) and say we have an inno on Koba

This lets the modifier cops post their results without immediately being obvious from deviating from the list while still letting them check who they want to check. If someone flips Town Cop later in the game it means they got an inno on the person in the list (since otherwise they'd have come out as Town Cop with a guilty/no result)
Ok, but say modifier cops hold back results until Day 4. if we haven’t got a maf out yet, we‘ll be at 4vs3 ELO (assuming 3 scum) and now we don’t have enough time to properly dissect a CC. won’t this just lead to chaos
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:01 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1680, usesPython wrote:
In post 1677, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1673, usesPython wrote:
In post 1541, Black wrote: Reading over the EoD stuff again I think Drew's reaction to Lap's claim makes a lot of sense in a scum!Drew world. If scum has one or multiple godfathers then Lap's role probably scared the shit out of them to the point where they really wanted that fade to go through
This would require scum Drew to not only expect Disloyal Cop to be the designated cop type but also expect that everyone's some type of Cop (Since otherwise if not he'd be claiming the second ungated cop in a mini which would be an incredibly tough sell compared to just shooting Lap at night)
As i said at some point before, it’s possible Drew feared a bodyguard or something that would allow Lap to get a verifiable cop result off
Trading one scum to avoid a cop check is a very bad trade, and a setup with ungated disloyal cop + doctor just straight up wouldn't fly for balance reasons
I didn’t say ungated cop+doctor, I deliberately chose bodyguard which sacrifices itself so seems balanced? And there’s no guarantee Drew would be taken out the next day
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:02 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1682, Black wrote:
In post 1541, Black wrote: Reading over the EoD stuff again I think Drew's reaction to Lap's claim makes a lot of sense in a scum!Drew world. If scum has one or multiple godfathers then Lap's role probably scared the shit out of them to the point where they really wanted that fade to go through
This would require scum Drew to not only expect Disloyal Cop to be the designated cop type but also expect that everyone's some type of Cop (Since otherwise if not he'd be claiming the second ungated cop in a mini which would be an incredibly tough sell compared to just shooting Lap at night)
If Drew is a godfather wouldn't he see the disloyal cop as the biggest threat to him and try to convince others to push the wagon through like he did?
that’s what methinks

UNVOTE: Black
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:03 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1684, Black wrote:
In post 1667, ketchup777 wrote: It could be drew+light, as this would further explain Drew’s rushing to the hammer. It could also be Black though.

VOTE: Black
This vote feels worse than Jackson's though. Thinking Drew+light is partnered and then voting for me is ???

I’m just doing what you said you were doing in , looking at it from all angles

I swear I’ve voted nearly everyone at some point lol let’s keep it going

VOTE: Political Clout
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:05 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1685, usesPython wrote:
If Drew is a godfather wouldn't he see the disloyal cop as the biggest threat to him and try to convince others to push the wagon through like he did?
Pretend the setup is
Setup
  1. Mafia Godfather

2. Mafia Godfather

3. Mafia Godfather

4. Town Disloyal Cop

5. Vanilla Townie

6. Vanilla Townie

7. Vanilla Townie

8. Vanilla Townie

9. Vanilla Townie

10. Vanilla Townie

11. Vanilla Townie

12. Vanilla Townie

13. Vanilla Townie

What does scum Drew believably claim that lets him get away with immediately believing that Lap is fake claiming while also being a balanced questionable setup
He just claims cop, knowing it’s a useless role. as he did
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:06 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1688, usesPython wrote:
Also same question we asked Ketchup, why not just shoot Lap at night?
because bodyguard maybe or gated doctor
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:06 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1728, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1676, usesPython wrote: Is there a PoE solve yet? Python/JV/Drew/Enchant, 11 alive so need 6 townies
feels odd to class these as definitely out of the picture, even if you feel confident they’re town
The greater concern is usesPython's actions not matching this perspective.

If they are confident Black, JV, Drew, and Enchant are all town, then adding themselves, they have 5/11 town.

Unless they think I am scum, I would be the sixth town.

That would leave three scum in {ketchup777, Hu Tao, Political Clout, light_ganski, Titus}.

Voting you out of those options rather than any of {PC, light_ganski, Titus} is an odd choice, as there’s no support for it and nobody usesPython believes town suspected you.

If usesPython were sheeping, they would be Voting light_ganski or Titus. Maybe PC. Even if independent, a push on you seems worthless, whereas pressuring the others could be worthwhile.

I struggle to see how a town usesPython arrives with a ketchup777 vote while staying consistent in mindset.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:08 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1694, usesPython wrote:
In post 1689, Black wrote: I'm sorry I don't understand. Why would scum!Drew think this is the setup?
The exact setup doesn't as long as scum don't know it's an all cop game, do you think the gamestate supports this or not?
Tbh if you have 3 godfathers it doesn’t seem like much of a stretch to figure out that alianna might troll and give town multiple cops
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:09 am

Post by usesPython »

Ranger idk where you're getting the idea we townread you, we've been pretty clear about not townreading you
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:09 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1736, Ranger wrote:
In post 1728, ketchup777 wrote:
The greater concern is usesPython's actions not matching this perspective.

If they are confident Black, JV, Drew, and Enchant are all town, then adding themselves, they have 5/11 town.

Unless they think I am scum, I would be the sixth town.

That would leave three scum in {ketchup777, Hu Tao, Political Clout, light_ganski, Titus}.

Voting you out of those options rather than any of {PC, light_ganski, Titus} is an odd choice, as there’s no support for it and nobody usesPython believes town suspected you.

If usesPython were sheeping, they would be Voting light_ganski or Titus. Maybe PC. Even if independent, a push on you seems worthless, whereas pressuring the others could be worthwhile.

I struggle to see how a town usesPython arrives with a ketchup777 vote while staying consistent in mindset.
good ideas perchance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:10 am

Post by usesPython »

Also there's 7 days on the deadline, we have time to build support for our wagons. What's with the rush?
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:12 am

Post by ketchup777 »

Pretend the setup is
Setup
  1. Mafia Godfather

2. Mafia Godfather

3. Mafia Godfather

4. Town Disloyal Cop

5. Vanilla Townie

6. Vanilla Townie

7. Vanilla Townie

8. Vanilla Townie

9. Vanilla Townie

10. Vanilla Townie

11. Vanilla Townie

12. Vanilla Townie

13. Vanilla Townie

What does scum Drew believably claim that lets him get away with immediately believing that Lap is fake claiming while also being a balanced questionable setup
Also there’s like no way that’s the setup what?? Why would scum have godfathers if we have a disloyal cop and nothing else, it’s just like having a cop on normal scum. And why would we have a setup with only one town PR that can easily be killed?? You’re not making any sense

VOTE: usesPython

so close to my mission of voting everyone, coming for you Hu Tao
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:12 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1737, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1694, usesPython wrote:
In post 1689, Black wrote: I'm sorry I don't understand. Why would scum!Drew think this is the setup?
The exact setup doesn't as long as scum don't know it's an all cop game, do you think the gamestate supports this or not?
Tbh if you have 3 godfathers it doesn’t seem like much of a stretch to figure out that alianna might troll and give town multiple cops
As opposed to trolling mafia by giving town one of the roles that bypass Godfather? Pretty sure we posted a list of those at some point
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:13 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1721, Black wrote:
In post 1720, Ranger wrote:
In post 1637, JacksonVirgo wrote:Where’s the consolidation wagon? I’m not doing Titus
I'm not budging from Titus when she is spewed scum.
I think Titus is scummy but I would prefer it if you explained why instead of just repeating that she's spewed scum
I’ve repeatedly stated why.

She’s at least twice slipped knowledge of an all cops vs Godfathers game, despite as town how she wouldn’t have.

What I haven’t done is show my work and explain why her posts have done so, yet I’ve pointed in the key areas.

Titus was treating D1 as if she were going to join the other cops in claiming, not as if she were the only Cop.

Her opening to today gave this away in a more definitive fashion.

There’s a difference between suspecting shenanigans and claiming outright a result which should have been kept private.

Why did Titus open today explicitly stating I am town? Why not hide the result and just breadcrumb it? Why claim investigative rather than state something is suspect and leave it vague?

You can look for yourself how Titus's actions don’t align with that of a town cop going into today.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:14 am

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1663, usesPython wrote: Also why are people looking for consolidation wagons when there's 7 days until the deadline
they say inbetween voting 2 people in the posts before/after this
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:14 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1741, ketchup777 wrote:
Pretend the setup is
Setup
  1. Mafia Godfather

2. Mafia Godfather

3. Mafia Godfather

4. Town Disloyal Cop

5. Vanilla Townie

6. Vanilla Townie

7. Vanilla Townie

8. Vanilla Townie

9. Vanilla Townie

10. Vanilla Townie

11. Vanilla Townie

12. Vanilla Townie

13. Vanilla Townie

Also there’s like no way that’s the setup what?? Why would scum have godfathers if we have a disloyal cop and nothing else, it’s just like having a cop on normal scum. And why would we have a setup with only one town PR that can easily be killed?? You’re not making any sense

VOTE: usesPython

so close to my mission of voting everyone, coming for you Hu Tao
The setup was an example one to illustrate why Drew claiming cop as scum believably only works in a full cop game, we literally had a mass claim where everyone claimed cop
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:16 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1744, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 1663, usesPython wrote: Also why are people looking for consolidation wagons when there's 7 days until the deadline
they say inbetween voting 2 people in the posts before/after this
We didn't want a hammer yet and we didn't like Blacks d2 posting, what is the issue
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:17 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1738, usesPython wrote:Ranger idk where you're getting the idea we townread you, we've been pretty clear about not townreading you
You voted Titus, and haven’t voted us. In fact, you've defended me.

Your actions say you are treating us as town.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:18 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1747, Ranger wrote:
In post 1738, usesPython wrote:Ranger idk where you're getting the idea we townread you, we've been pretty clear about not townreading you
You voted Titus, and haven’t voted us. In fact, you've defended me.

Your actions say you are treating us as town.
We never voted titus and I don't remember us defending you d2 this game
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:19 am

Post by usesPython »

We were also pretty critical of you d1 though we kept that somewhat close to our chest so not sure if it came across then

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”