Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:43 am

Post by Clownpiece »

Am I just tunneled on this? Because I just keep seeing people who seem to at least be mildly competent at this game point to the exact same series of posts that I hate, and saying it makes Ichirin town.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:44 am

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

I agree about this being a hard game. I’m thinking some flips will make this easier, but I doubt any of us expected this game to be a cakewalk.
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: sie/hir

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:44 am

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

i wake up
i check the game
there is 10 new pages
They're pronounced like see/hear.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:45 am

Why don’t you like that series of posts, Clownpiece?
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:46 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

In post 774, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: I’m not sure they are enough to keep up with the arms race, however you did pick out the few posts of Ichirins I did like. Which bodes well for your alignment, I think?
Fair enough, but it also makes me feel like there's enough here that I can't justify voting for the slot right now either.

I also just read Dai's ISO - I've been kinda vaguely skimming her posts as they've come in as I don't really understand most of the flavor context. Rereading now, actually understanding who she's talking about, and I'm not loving it
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:47 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Not sure how I feel about Sanae reading into Ichirin and making assumptions about their state of mind.

Ichirin never said they were being tongue in cheek, sarcastic, or silly on purpose.
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:48 am

Post by Daiyousei »

as long as ichirin is going to continue to be a focal point of this game it would be nice if everyone could use the correct pronouns for hir tia <3
In post 652, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 650, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: I like the reporter bit, maybe the one off commentary isn’t a good format for the game though.

The news is modernizing.
Yeahhhh, I was starting to hit that too. I'll have to think on how to, uh, keep up with the Times no pun intended.
sounds like this reporter needs to get some new roamin' in! lol ^_^
In post 655, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 642, Daiyousei wrote:

2) what makes a tenshi vote more interesting than a vote for me? maybe this is the self-loathing from generations of fairy hatred kicking in but i see myself as more likely to get exterminated than tenshi at this point in the game, so i don't understand why you'd vote tenshi ahead of me while thinking i'm more likely to be mafia

[
In post 596, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 589, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 585, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Can you write me an expose on what makes Ichirin so town? Maybe I just struggle to see it as I haven’t read all about it.
This reporter has said all she needs say on the topic, and is quite frankly sort of over this game. Three different slots have now taken bad faith arguments with her and she's lost quite literally all motivation to try. This is an anonymous game which means users cannot rely on their repuation to be able to save themselves, which means a user
coming out and being aggressively mediocre in a game like this will frequently lead to their elimination.
This is not the tactic scum normally takes, nor does this reporter think Ichirin is giving anything but the straight truth in how she is behaving. That's all you're getting from me.
So umm, not saying i read your alignement based on that but are you implying you're being intentionally mediocre?
wow! this is by far the worst post i've seen all game! @_@ it contributes nothing to the hunting process and is obviously designed just to kick a clearly hurting player while they're down

in an iso vacuum i'm still not thrilled with aya's body of work but this post and sanae co-signing it in 598 makes me want absolutely nothing to do with voting aya for the foreseeable future and everything to do with exterminating the kagerou/sanae mafpair asap
2) I'm more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than you, i feel like the general avoidance around this slot could come from a place of more well inserted scumbuddies uneasy with the idea of drawing the light to their weak like

Aya answer) Yeah this one is totally my bad, i completely misunderstood what the post was saying be assured that even if i was scum, i would not deliberately abuse / take advantage of someone being sad to try to "kick them" that's just like... straight up abusive
2) assuming your interest in seeing people's stances on tenshi is honest, what effort did you make to draw those stances out between the tenshi vote and the post i am responding to with this question? (this actually ties pretty neatly into what yuuka and piece have been saying about you lately)

a(yayaya)) on a personal/player level, i'm perfectly happy to grant the comment was a mistake that you regret in retrospect...but on a gameplay level, in the moment you thought that comment was a good idea, and i can only see a mafia-aligned player thinking in the moment that comment was a good idea because there were plenty of possible reactions that would be pro-mafia but basically no plausible reactions that would be pro-town

my expectation of a confused town response would to be to realize that aya very likely isn't saying those things about herself, try to figure out who she might be talking about instead, and ask for clarification, e.g. "just to be sure, is this post about
unknown
player x?"
In post 657, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 642, Daiyousei wrote: in an iso vacuum i'm still not thrilled with aya's body of work but this post and sanae co-signing it in 598 makes me want absolutely nothing to do with voting aya for the foreseeable future and everything to do with exterminating the kagerou/sanae mafpair asap
Looking at the two posts, I felt like Sanae's was a demonstrably different point, not just "co-signing" the original
mmm...in rereading it i guess it is pretty less bad, yeah v_v point withdrawn there
In post 660, Yuuka Kazami wrote: I’m curious of a lot of player’s thoughts on dai’s post.
me too! sadly we don't seem to be getting too many ;_;
In post 666, Kagerou Imaizumi wrote:
In post 642, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 568, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 560, Daiyousei wrote: newkoi saying they like kagerou's body of work gives me the sads in light of my post on the matter ;_; fairies are used to being ignored but that doesn't make it suck any less!
I read the post, I just don't fully (or mostly, actually) agree with your conclusions.
;_; why not? i tried so hard.......

also i was re-reading and like, why this reaction?
the question of "why not" was a genuine one because koishi is the first person i can remember publicly disagreeing with what i wrote in that post

the rest is roleplay @_@
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:49 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

Hmmmm? I feel like you can get that vibe pretty clearly from their posts?
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:49 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

*hir posts apologies
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:50 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

It was a private set of jokes that they were happy to keep behind their doors at best.

It shows pragmatism and duplicity. Ichi’d rather keep the misunderstanding going if that gets sir town read than clarify which posts of hir’s are jokes.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:50 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

Gonna be honest I don't understand what you're saying
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:53 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 785, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Gonna be honest I don't understand what you're saying
“Sie's pretty tongue-in-cheek about it, and aware that it might not look so good“

They never explicitly said this.
Or at least, I can’t find it. So you’re assuming their state of mind based on the context of the posts/what you think is reasonable, but Ichi did not go this route, they played it straight.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:54 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

In post 267, Ichirin Kumoi wrote:
In post 266, Koishi Komeiji wrote: why would you be ok with dying if Larva explains what she was doing
It's a nice clear goalpost to pass before I get
unceremoniously mislimmed
D1.
I don't know how else to interpret this post other than 'tongue in cheek'
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:56 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

The assaulted one is the post you’re looking for in exhibit A for” this can’t possibly be real/serious”
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:57 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

I mean that too
We both agree that it can't be real/serious so I'm not sure what this conversation is about
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:58 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

They never said it was a joke.
So, I’m not taking it as one.
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:00 am

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

Have you tried taking things a few degrees down the seriousness factor, Yuuka? Like perhaps "being a bit sarcastic/sardonic but still
cares
about the situation"?
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:02 am

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 778, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Why don’t you like that series of posts, Clownpiece?
The strength in which they threw themselves into questioning Eternity Larva felt performative.

It came immediately after they were being accused of not having content, and then they suddenly have discovered The Thing That Is So Important To Question That They Must Get The Answer Before They Die.

It felt reactionary to the lack of sorting accusations.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:03 am

Post by Clownpiece »

I am indifferent to the "Assaulted." post.
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:04 am

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

In post 792, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 778, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Why don’t you like that series of posts, Clownpiece?
The strength in which they threw themselves into questioning Eternity Larva felt performative.

It came immediately after they were being accused of not having content, and then they suddenly have discovered The Thing That Is So Important To Question That They Must Get The Answer Before They Die.

In post 793, Clownpiece wrote: I am indifferent to the "Assaulted." post.
Actual Read.
In post 786, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 785, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Gonna be honest I don't understand what you're saying
“Sie's pretty tongue-in-cheek about it, and aware that it might not look so good“

Or at least, I can’t find it. So you’re assuming their state of mind based on the context of the posts/what you think is reasonable, but Ichi did not go this route, they played it straight.
In post 788, Yuuka Kazami wrote: The assaulted one is the post you’re looking for in exhibit A for” this can’t possibly be real/serious”
In post 790, Yuuka Kazami wrote: They never said it was a joke.
Nitpicking.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:05 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

I think that people sometimes (often) make jokes without explicitly calling them out, I'm fine reading this as being tongue-in-cheek without hir explicitly saying it was meant in that vein
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:06 am

In post 794, Ichirin Kumoi wrote:

Actual Read.

In post 788, Yuuka Kazami wrote: The assaulted one is the post you’re looking for in exhibit A for” this can’t possibly be real/serious”
Nitpicking.
And what does this say for their alignments?
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:06 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

It kind of did, but I also think that sie sort of seems aware of how it was likely to come across, and did it anyways. I do sort of think it was a read they cared about answering
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:08 am

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I attribute Aya’s shift into traditional analysis and Kagerou’s read wall in the same vein, albeit they were more sensitive. Did you provide reasoning for why their response is different from those examples?
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:09 am

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

In post 796, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote:
In post 794, Ichirin Kumoi wrote:

Actual Read.

Nitpicking.
And what does this say for their alignments?
I'm not
entirely
sure about Yuuka because I don't want to confbias my way into a "Yuuka is just out to get me in particular for some reason" tinfoil or anything, but I think it's definitely atleast a little -Town. Clownpiece's thinking is just +Town though and I completely get thinking that way about my posts towards Larva.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”