Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Goid job Alisae
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:31 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I used my given right to vote
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:35 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 540, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 535, Aureal wrote:
In post 495, DragonEater70 wrote: Unless you mean my vote on you which like

Sorry, but it's not even a real vote?
*deep breaths*

Okay, so if it's not a real vote
what do you possibly hope to gain
with this course of action? Other than tipping me into frustration for reasons I thought would be obvious to you by now, but once again I underestimate your capacity to just latch onto something and do it with no concern for the consequences. Here you are, knowing that I hate being expected to somehow have much in the way of reads I can explain early in the game; and not only have you not even mentioned it but are actively encouraging the dynamic of scumreading me for it. If you were anyone else I'd be calling you scum opportunistically forgetting what you know about me; but sadly I think this is well within your townrange. >_<
So

In the nicest way possible

I am not latching onto anything. You are either misunderstanding or misrepresenting the situation by saying that I am "opportunistically forgetting" about you, because I am not scumreading you, nor am I trying to push you. I have you as null town. It's in my readlist that came
after
the meaningless vote. That vote is there solely and only as a gesture of friendship to Klick, who is scumreading you and who I think has super bad reads (I also said that!). So you should realize that I am in no way repeating ast mistakes here, I am just enjoying the fact that this phase is kidna meaningless votes-wise and also trying to get on Klick's good side.
I didn't say you were opportunistically forgetting, I said that's how I'd expect to feel if you were someone else.

I still can't even figure what you're expecting to accomplish but I guess this little exchange has helped solidify my read on you so that's something at least. So I'll just leave it at that and do something else for a while. Maybe I can actually get a new power in Deathloop.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:35 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 548, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 538, Gimli wrote: this page is definitely interesting
Honestly it's probably the most embarrassing moment in my history on this site.

I am deeply sorry for my behavior here. PLEASE forget about it.
haha its fine dw about it

fingers crossed for nice dreams d1
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:39 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 545, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 542, Sunflower wrote: this is
yeah i think this is town dragon
In post 543, Sunflower wrote: - jupiter
Have you even read any of my games?
Yes
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:42 am

Post by Sunflower »

In post 247, Sunflower wrote:
In post 244, Sunflower wrote:
In post 163, Sunflower wrote: i think his making confident reads off very limited and incomplete meta understanding, and the self-absorbed way that he interpreted gimli's entrance, both are pretty towny from him though so eh

:blossom:
:sunny: i did already say this to fire, but i did once read a dragon game from a long time ago (he replaced out, it was a Grand Idea game and it was honestly kind of hard for me to follow) but what i've noticed is that town dragon like, expects people to think he's town also? i'm not sure how accurate this is since that was a PR game for him but also everyone was PRs there. i don't have a very good recollection of it though loll
:sunny: like prism points out that he didn't expect people to suspect him. frankly I wasn't really paying attention to anything until after page five but i'm pretty sure dragon not expecting suspicion is like in line
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:50 am

Post by Sunflower »

aureal response feels towny

:blossom:
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:16 am

Post by morph the cat »

Dream Vote Tallies

Dream
Votes
Forget 11, I just turned the dial to 12! 8
You know how Vi does what Vi does? Well... 8
These sheeple have.. fur? And horns? Wait these are literally sheep people 8
I'm 30 years old, why do I still need a car seat?5
Protest is effective, but why have we super glued ourselves to each other, exactly?3
This slide never seems to end...2

The final 3 Dreams are:

Forget 11, I just turned the dial to 12!
You know how Vi does what Vi does? Well...
These sheeple have.. fur? And horns? Wait these are literally sheep people

The thread will remain locked for the rest of this Moon Phase.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:28 am

Post by morph the cat »

Forget 11, I just turned the dial to 12!

Enough is never enough. There's always room to push just a little bit further. Even in your dreams, you're an overachiever.

The dreamer passes out a double vote one shot to a player of their choice. The target will have two votes on the next game day.

Has Been Discarded by the
Bad Dreams
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:09 am

Post by morph the cat »

The dreamer will now make their selection. Day will begin and the dream will be revealed once this selection is done or in (expired on 2024-03-11 17:09:07)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:20 pm

Post by morph the cat »

The Dreamer has Chosen!

Choice for Reveal:

You know how Vi does what Vi does? Well...

Vi has a rigorous interior process with difficult to anticipate results!

A
Bad Dream
steals the Dream choice from the Dreamer. The
Bad Dream
can choose either the other Dream from the final two, or can choose one of the Discarded Dreams.

Choice for the Dream:

These sheeple have.. fur? And horns? Wait these are literally sheep people.

Did everyone
really
just turn into sheep?

Everyone turns into a sheep! This makes the mods want to count sheep. The game day becomes vote posts only, once 100 posts are posted. All players are allowed one post of content even after this has occurred. Posting content other than votes past this 100 posts will have dire consequences for you, and/or your faction.

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:21 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Discarded Dreams

• This slide never seems to end...
  • Forget 11, I just turned the dial to 12!
  • You know how Vi does what Vi does? Well...

Recycled Dreams

• I'm 30 years old, why do I still need a car seat?
  • Protest is effective, but why have we super glued ourselves to each other, exactly?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:29 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Temporary Phase-Specific Rules

1. The first vote count (other than the day-opening one) will occur once 100 content posts have been made in this game day phase.
  2. Posts that are ONLY votes with no other content do not count towards this total of 100 posts.
  3. Images, tags other than the vote tag (or bold tags for marking your vote), and other content count as content, and make a post count towards the 100 total.
  4. Once this vote count has been posted, each player is allowed one additional post with content. We will track the usage of this with a section in the vote counts for easy viewing.
  5. After that, all players are limited to ONLY posting votes. Each vote must be for a living player slot (or no elimination); any attempts to vote for non-players to pass content along will be treated as a violation of the post restriction.
  6. Players who break the restriction on content posting will have negative effects applied to them. Players who continue to break these rules will have disastrous effects applied to them. You absolutely do NOT want these to happen to you.
  7. Once the elimination flip or lack thereof is posted, the thread will proceed immediately to Twilight. During Twilight, all remaining players may post freely.
  8. All questions to the mod should be done via PM, not via in-thread bold tags, during this phase.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:31 pm

Post by morph the cat »

VC 1-1
Day 1 Begins!

Not voting (13):
ActionDan, Gimli, Von Payne, DragonEater70, Kyoko Kirigiri, Klick, Hu Tao, Prism, Aureal, Catgirl Chipotle, Silver Ravens, Sunflower, Ydrasse

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to eliminate.

Day 1 Deadline is March 21 at Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2024-03-20 23:59:59)

Extra Post Tally

Player
Extra Post Made?
ActionDan -
Gimli -
Von Payne -
DragonEater70 -
Kyoko Kirigiri -
Klick -
Hu Tao -
Prism -
Aureal -
Catgirl Chipotle -
Silver Ravens -
Sunflower -
Ydrasse -

Mod notes:
  • If you see an error in this or any other vote count please let us know via PM.
  • :twisted:

Last edited by fferyllt on Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:53 pm

Post by Von Payne »

Inb4 Dragons uses up all 100 posts

On that topic.

I said as much to Black(and mistakenly thought it was Prism who commented on it), but Silver Ravens(not sure if it was gif or Dunn specifically)......I know I agreed with you about Dragon spewing alignment as they post......but after I thought about what you said some more, you have minimal experience with them.......why would you assume this and make it a point to give them benefit of the doubt to let them live?

You should hurry up and respond before Dragon reawakens lol

-Drew
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:55 pm

Post by Catgirl Chipotle »

In post 564, Von Payne wrote: Inb4 Dragons uses up all 100 posts

On that topic.

I said as much to Black(and mistakenly thought it was Prism who commented on it), but Silver Ravens(not sure if it was gif or Dunn specifically)......I know I agreed with you about Dragon spewing alignment as they post......but after I thought about what you said some more, you have minimal experience with them.......why would you assume this and make it a point to give them benefit of the doubt to let them live?

-Drew
Drew how am I supposed to tunnel you when there are only 100 posts? This is so sad. Everyone should post a reads list as their last post of "content" allowed and we can simple follow whoever has the highest level of suspicion.

I know Alisae has their town circle of people and I'm still trying to get other wolfreads that aren't exactly Gim.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:56 pm

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: actiondan
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:58 pm

Post by Catgirl Chipotle »

dang bro
shoulda picked the slide
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:02 pm

Post by Von Payne »

In post 565, Catgirl Chipotle wrote:
In post 564, Von Payne wrote: Inb4 Dragons uses up all 100 posts

On that topic.

-Drew
Drew how am I supposed to tunnel you when there are only 100 posts? This is so sad. Everyone should post a reads list as their last post of "content" allowed and we can simple follow whoever has the highest level of suspicion.

I know Alisae has their town circle of people and I'm still trying to get other wolfreads that aren't exactly Gim.
I believe you can do it Maria, spam every post if you need to!

I am curious to know Ali's town circle as well, it doesn't even have to include us......but I feel like we are town we are really sympatico(re: the last game for example)

And yes, I will try to continue to bring you to my side as well Maria

And I know Black may not agree, but kinda like Gim's vote on Dan

Pre Edit: I said slide as well! Klick for town btw

-Drew
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:05 pm

Post by Von Payne »

VOTE: Dragons

-Drew
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:09 pm

Post by morph the cat »

PSA: adding a signature to a vote makes it count as a post with content.

This first one won't count.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:11 pm

Post by Prism »

I did mention Vi was known for scumsided mechanics...

Mechanically, that is two neutral/useless dreams and two negative dreams. Basic balance essentially requires dreams to be net +EV, but I'll drop that assumption for now.

But the most important part is the voting. I am extremely annoyed at that power because I was looking to kick into gear with daystart, not slow down. I am unlikely to get Dragon today and don't think I want to even if I could: I think the chance of misreading him by late Day 2/3 is extremely low.

I don't have strong reads right now. I'd put my preference at:

1. Hu Tao
2. Kirigiri
3. Dragon
4. Sunflower
5. Ydrasse
6. Ravens
7. Von Payne
8. Aureal
9. ActionDan
10. Klick
11. Gimli
12. Catgirl Chipotle

There is a gap between my top 2 and the rest. 4-8 are pretty interchangeable. I am for now taking the townreads on Gimli for granted. Catgirl Chipotle is my only townread because I don't think Alisae would continue to disagree with Dunnstral and I mechanically as scum. (Well, maybe if Ravens is scum too, but not going there)

I'm not really confident in my top 2, but Hu Tao is still trying to be a dollarstore Firebringer, and I think Kirigiri's early banter was meh and really disliked the Ravens townread in particular. As much as I wish lower participation wasn't a part of this, it is when I don't have very developed reads. (Kirigiri's headache is especially unfortunate).

VOTE: Hu Tao

Spoiler: Response to Sunflower
In post 247, Sunflower wrote::sunny: like prism points out that he didn't expect people to suspect him. frankly I wasn't really paying attention to anything until after page five but i'm pretty sure dragon not expecting suspicion is like in line
Most people don't expect scumreads. You missed both of the points here.

First, Dragon bristles against disagreement and is quick to read bad faith into it. Exhibit A, B, and C. He didn't start doing this here until I pointed out the absence. Instead he was nervously acquiescent.

Frankly, I'm grateful that Dragon accepted my refusal to back-and-forth, but it surprised me because he's usually more of a hound.

Second, and this is more speculative, is that Dragon knows his meta as far as early townreads go. Hypothetically, the townread on Gimli would be keeping in line with it. When I say he didn't expect the skepticism, I mean that some of the nerves/meta break in #1 is because he expected the "Typical Dragon town" lines to roll in, not Black's grilling.

Two separate points you might have missed: Dragon normally pressures more early, didn't happen here, and his reaction to Black still reads as awkwardly adjusting on the fly based off what gets townread and what doesn't.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:14 pm

Post by Sunflower »

In post 571, Prism wrote: Most people don't expect scumreads. You missed both of the points here.

First, Dragon bristles against disagreement and is quick to read bad faith into it. Exhibit A, B, and C. He didn't start doing this here until I pointed out the absence. Instead he was nervously acquiescent.

Frankly, I'm grateful that Dragon accepted my refusal to back-and-forth, but it surprised me because he's usually more of a hound.

Second, and this is more speculative, is that Dragon knows his meta as far as early townreads go. Hypothetically, the townread on Gimli would be keeping in line with it. When I say he didn't expect the skepticism, I mean that some of the nerves/meta break in #1 is because he expected the "Typical Dragon town" lines to roll in, not Black's grilling.

Two separate points you might have missed: Dragon normally pressures more early, didn't happen here, and his reaction to Black still reads as awkwardly adjusting on the fly based off what gets townread and what doesn't.
:sunny: for the record, i wasn't intending to misinterpret anything you said; in fact, i hadn't actually paid attention to anything going on. this was just a post i made based off a brief skim- i'm sure fire probably has a better argument here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:16 pm

Post by Prism »

I don't know why your main concern is assuring me you weren't misrepresenting me. That wasn't why I typed the post. I typed it so that you can think about the points inside of it. I don't care about fireisredsir's perspective at all.
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:17 pm

Post by Sunflower »

:sunny: idk you said that i missed some points and i wanted to clarify that i didn't really read anything you said to begin with

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”