Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:06 am

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

This is the main games rating, not Ao3.

BONK to horny jail with you lot.
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: sie/hir

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:07 am

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

Do you think love can bloom, even in an anonymous mafia game?
They're pronounced like see/hear.
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:09 am

Post by Daiyousei »

reisen sits pretty squarely in my null pile as a background existence in this game - i don't have any particularly notable thoughts about her

maybe "i don't recall anything actively bad, i did forget once that she was playing but that was earlier in the game" is enough to be "notable"? i would rather pursue others i actively like less or at least more frequently forget are playing the game but i am not horribly broken up by the vote attention being sent her way
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:09 am

Post by Eternity Larva »

Koishi i've seen several town reads from you, but do you have any scum reads and if so can you provide some detail on them?
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:10 am

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 875, Koishi Komeiji wrote: This is the main games rating, not Ao3.

BONK to horny jail with you lot.
fantastic pagetop, 10/10 no notes

great work, team!
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her please

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:11 am

Post by Marisa Kirisame »

Hi friends! I am a lot busier this weekend than I thought I would be. I'm sorry for not posting so much!
UwU

It looks like there are 400 new posts I haven't read yet! I am still busy so I am not going to read all of them until tomorrow. But I can respond to a few things if it helps!
In post 414, Daiyousei wrote: is anyone actually saying this other than kagerou?

also, is this your entire reason for voting for kaguya? because i didn't see you say anything else about her in your iso ?_?
I am voting Kaguya because when I looked at her ISO, I felt kinda bored... And I also felt none of her posts are town indicative. Anything that looks town indicative can be faked with a bit of practice! So that's why I voted.
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:12 am

Post by Eternity Larva »

also Dai while you're here, do you have any non-Kagerou scum reads at this point?

i love your relentless passion on that front but i recently detailed why i'm doubting that scum read a bit, what are your thoughts on that?
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:13 am

Post by Eternity Larva »

In post 857, Eternity Larva wrote: i am starting to feel similarly about Marisa which makes me sad and while i do identify with the instinct to town-bloc and PoE scum in a game like this it's hard for me to understand her mindset on the five slots she wants in the pool for elimination. they seem a little arbitrary and safe to me, and her position on many of them have not really evolved, when my mind is constantly changing on most of the playerlist every time i read a new post

and she is one of the ones that has written Reisen off for ambiguous reasons which has earned her some side-eye

i like that Kaguya directed some attention her way actually, i think that'd be a weird vote for scum to make as there was practically no voiced suspicion of Marisa at the time
@Marisa can you respond to this when you can? some more on your Reisen read and whether there's been any deviation to your elimination pool would be specifically helpful!
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:23 am

In post 478, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 454, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 414, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 402, Marisa Kirisame wrote: I don't understand how anyone can have a strong townread on her!
is anyone actually saying this other than kagerou?

also, is this your entire reason for voting for kaguya? because i didn't see you say anything else about her in your iso ?_?

as long as that list is there:

- koishi i am starting to falter on because this might just be a fundamental difference in what good play is and disagreements on fundamentals do not mafia make
- i'd happily vote aya
- not gonna vote for myself lol ^_^
- i'm not particularly interested in voting ichirin; i'm not convinced sie's town but nothing that's happened in hir orbit so far has me thinking voting hir is worthwhile
- the same can be applied to kaguya
What makes someone a good vote candidate? And what vote would make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
people that post sensible content give me the warm fuzzies! people that make an effort to look like they are contributing but are not actually contributing make good vote candidates! see my posts here and here for some examples of people doing this
Daiyousen, I want you to know that I disagree with you! While Aya has stuck to character at the expense of game content, which makes her unreadable, she didn't pretend to contribute! I might still vote her though because I don't townread her...

On the other hand, I also looked at your Kagerou case. And I also disagree there! Kagerou hasn't been pretending to look like they're helping like you say. In the posts yoy mentioned, they've been just posting their reads without making an attempt to appear like anything! I am not sure if you are just confused, or you are scum trying to force scumreads... but either way I feel like voting you.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:24 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

In post 861, Koishi Komeiji wrote: I really only care about the paranoia part, as far as explanations from Larvitar at this point.

What makes me in particular paranoia-worthy?
Were you targeting Eternity in particular for this read, or were you hoping you'd get a strong townread on ~someone?
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:26 am

In post 712, Yukari Yakumo wrote:

VC 1.08
Kaguya Houraisan [3]:
Marisa Kirisame, Ichirin Kumoi, Reisen Udongein Inaba
Kagerou Imaizumi [2]:
Daiyousei, Eternity Larva
Aya Shameimaru [2]:
Yuuka Kazami, Sanae Kochiya
Ichirin Kumoi [1]:
Clownpiece
Marisa Kirisame [1]:
Kaguya Houraisan
Tenshi Hinanawi [1]:
Kagerou Imaizumi

Not Voting [3]:
Tenshi Hinanawi, Aya Shameimaru, Koishi Komeiji

With
votes,
votes to Eliminate

Deadline:
(expired on 2024-03-17 20:45:00)

Mod Notes
  • If you spot an error on the vote count, please let me know!
  • Losing an hour of sleep has been devastating, therefore I will add 1 hour to the deadline.
@Larva-San
@Kagerou-Chan
@Clownpiece-Chan
@Kochiya-Sama

What do you think about voting Daiyousei? It seems you are all very divided. But to win we must unite!
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:26 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

I can probably vote there
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:27 am

Alright, I am off to brew some potions and look through my spell books. I'll be back later to read more posts!
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 am

Post by Eternity Larva »

Tenshi is also worthy of the Reisen treatment
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:37 am

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 880, Marisa Kirisame wrote: And I also felt none of her posts are town indicative. Anything that looks town indicative can be faked with a bit of practice! So that's why I voted.
i can generically understand the first sentence here as vote justification in a vacuum (though i would need way more explanation than you just saying it to buy into it), but i don't understand why it was comboed with the second sentence? the second sentence seems way more applicable to the four non-kaguya people on your extermination list (especially since you already said it about them in 402), so why bring it up in the context of someone who you say has no town-indicative posts? @_@

i also actually do want an answer to my first question you quoted there, because "i don't understand how anyone can have a strong townread on (kaguya)!" is presented as though multiple people had a strong townread on her, when in fact only one person, kagerou, had stated such a read that i could see ?_? it comes across as sensationalizing the vote/opinion so it
looks
better without actually having the extra support necessary to
be
better
In post 881, Eternity Larva wrote: also Dai while you're here, do you have any non-Kagerou scum reads at this point?

i love your relentless passion on that front but i recently detailed why i'm doubting that scum read a bit, what are your thoughts on that?
i would need an explanation for why/how 596 comes from town before i began buying into a town!kagerou argument

with regard to "being purposefully difficult/contrary" i don't think there's necessarily anything alignment-indicative to be read into sticking to one's guns versus changing playstyle to acquiesce to the crowd...maybe i'm not understanding what you're saying here correctly?

beyond kagerou, i can see marisa and sanae as mafia, because i tend to not recall their contributions to the thread very well despite marisa feeling like the center of attention for a while and sanae's relatively high post count; marisa's suspect vote for kaguya also rankles me

i would revisit aya in the event of a kagerou town flip, as much as i don't think that's going to happen

koishi i need to reread to get an idea of who they think is mafia

not particularly digging the idea of voting for anyone else in the game at the moment
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:37 am

Post by Eternity Larva »

In post 885, Marisa Kirisame wrote: What do you think about voting Daiyousei? It seems you are all very divided. But to win we must unite!
convince me

not against it, but there's probably two or three i'd want eliminated before Daiyousei
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:55 am

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 883, Marisa Kirisame wrote: While Aya has stuck to character at the expense of game content, which makes her unreadable, she didn't pretend to contribute!
she posted a bunch without providing meaningful game content, i'm not sure how much more "pretend to contribute" one can get!
In post 883, Marisa Kirisame wrote: On the other hand, I also looked at your Kagerou case. And I also disagree there! Kagerou hasn't been pretending to look like they're helping like you say. In the posts yoy mentioned, they've been just posting their reads without making an attempt to appear like anything! I am not sure if you are just confused, or you are scum trying to force scumreads... but either way I feel like voting you.
posts 52, 57, and 61 combined to net zero meaningful opinion
post 104 is pretty much zero meaningful opinion
post 128 is pretty much zero meaningful opinion
the sanae "progression" over 104, 128, and 135 is net zero meaningful opinion
post 195 is a vote, which would be a meaningful opinion except there is no visible justification to it up to that point in their iso
etc etc.
things like "they could be town but they could be mafia" and "guess i'll have to wait and see" and voting someone "to see where this goes" are not meaningful reads, mafia can post these things without any effort! give me solid opinions on alignments that are defensible in the moment and i'm much more likely to believe you're town! they don't necessarily need to be things you'd dai on a hill for, as long as they're things you could genuinely justify believing (and do when asked)
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:58 am

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

In post 888, Eternity Larva wrote: Tenshi is also worthy of the Reisen treatment
You could try and interact with Tenshi to read her, I hear she's an open book.
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:12 am

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 889, Daiyousei wrote: koishi i need to reread to get an idea of who they think is mafia
That would require me having expressed any, which I definitely have not done!

That's tomorrow's homework. I'm doing my best to play in the moment and work with gathering town folks for the beer list, but my scum hunting process really does require dedicated time and research in a way that I just don't get on most weekends, and especially THIS weekend when I am mostly confined to phone posting.

That said, this looks like a really weird way to talk about me when you have much wordier qualifiers on the rest of the people you were asked about? It's not like I haven't been majorly present since your last block of reads, I suspect I'm going to be showing up on this week's episode of Hyperposters Least Wanted, starting John Walsh.
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:14 am

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 892, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote:
In post 888, Eternity Larva wrote: Tenshi is also worthy of the Reisen treatment
You could try and interact with Tenshi to read her, I hear she's an open book.
Oooh, me, pick me, real time interactions are all I have right now.

Can you walk me through the thought processes you have had about my back and forth with the Larvitar, MINUS the horny? If I missed them you may instead link to the post and shame me.
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:15 am

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 884, Sanae Kochiya wrote:
In post 861, Koishi Komeiji wrote: I really only care about the paranoia part, as far as explanations from Larvitar at this point.

What makes me in particular paranoia-worthy?
Were you targeting Eternity in particular for this read, or were you hoping you'd get a strong townread on ~someone?
The latter. I figured it was gonna be Marisa that went that way, though, so I lost that self-bet.
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:19 am

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

Oh interesting did Dai copy Larvitar's question-homework?
In post 878, Eternity Larva wrote: Koishi i've seen several town reads from you, but do you have any scum reads and if so can you provide some detail on them?
In post 889, Daiyousei wrote: koishi i need to reread to get an idea of who they think is mafia
Probably nothing but it does stand out weirdly to me for some reason?
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:20 am

Post by Eternity Larva »

but Tenshi that’s SO much work and opens me up to having to second-guess myself again which is getting to be an exhausting schtick at this point

i’d rather just vaguely shade you and not do anything about it, hoping my phenomenal reputation and influence is intimidating enough for you to town it up if you’re town or crack under the immense pressure of my disapproval if you’re scum

does that work for you?
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:20 am

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

Quoting is pain by the way. My mobile browser has like thirty tabs open.

The things I do for love/mafia.
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: sie/hir

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:25 am

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

In post 883, Marisa Kirisame wrote: Daiyousen, I want you to know that I disagree with you! While Aya has stuck to character at the expense of game content, which makes her unreadable, she didn't pretend to contribute! I might still vote her though because I don't townread her...
This isn't quite true because Aya
definitely
broke character at the height of her frustration, and I don't believe she's mixed news terminology and the like into any of her posts since then.
They're pronounced like see/hear.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”