Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:35 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

I have a lot of confused thoughts on Koishi right now
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:36 pm

Post by Eternity Larva »

talk to me about them!

i've seen you pretty consistently scum reading him the last several pages, to the point of saying you were worried about tunneling him, what is giving you pause?
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

Re Yuukas vote on Koishi, despite telegraphed, Yuuka was not around until almost an hour after the larva post. I think Koishis point would have more merit if yuuka was actively posting at the time?
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

I'm wondering if I'm tunneled and I'm just badly misreading their playstyle
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:37 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 1384, Eternity Larva wrote: i know i just voted Koishi but i do not understand why everyone and their mother took issue with their characterization of Yuuka as "middle-of-the-road"?

what is so horrible about them drawing that conclusion?
I think that peoples issue was that if you read their point by point commentary, it seems like they say a lot more things that point to town, and then people are taking "middle of the pack at best" as a scum read, and people are struggling to reconcile the final conclusion to the supporting evidence.

But I dont think koishi was actually meaning a scum read when they wrote it, so :shrug:
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

And I think OG!Koishi was a little bit townie all in all when I go back and reread the ISO
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:38 pm

Post by Eternity Larva »

and full transparency, last page was the first time i've genuinely considered i'm wrong about Koishi 2.0

the carousel never stops turning!
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:39 pm

In post 1429, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 1384, Eternity Larva wrote: i know i just voted Koishi but i do not understand why everyone and their mother took issue with their characterization of Yuuka as "middle-of-the-road"?

I think that peoples issue was that if you read their point by point commentary, it seems like they say a lot more things that point to town, and then people are taking "middle of the pack at best" as a scum read, and people are struggling to reconcile the final conclusion to the supporting evidence.

But I dont think koishi was actually meaning a scum read when they wrote it, so :shrug:
For the record, I knew it was a null read, but the sides of the scale feel weird.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:39 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I’m not sure that is a play style.
The connections they’re making don’t follow a traditional route. Rather, there’s a pruning system that they’re missing. Hard to know if intentional or they’re just really trying their best to convince themselves they’re town when they aren’t and that’s just what scum them reasoning looks like for them in particular.
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: sie/hir

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:39 pm

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

Okay I definitely concur the Yuuka "middle-of-the-pack" read is weird because a lot of the ungrokables and dislikes are just Yuuka eccentricities (and not ones I think are relevant, mind, like I talked about in my wall)? The typos are annoying, I wish I knew what "2076" was supposed to be, but moreover it just feels like the equation is Towntell+Towntell+Towntell+Towntell+Scumtell=? and you fucked up your math and landed on Nulltown. I just don't agree overall.
They're pronounced like see/hear.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:40 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

In post 1391, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 1389, Ichirin Kumoi wrote:
In post 1386, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 1321, Ichirin Kumoi wrote: (and also apparently having a strange Yuuka case)
Something about the way you worded this feels like... off? Can you elaborate, because this sounds like you don't actually care about it, but about how OTHERS perceived it? Do you not have an opinion of your own?
I've literally said I haven't looked at those posts yet, I've only noticed the discussion around the Yuuka one.
Okay, so that was a realistic position for you two hours ago, but why are you not making a point of going back to read? You've made posts since so you HAVE been here?
I hate this post on many levels
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:40 pm

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 1415, Sanae Kochiya wrote: I'm not sure I see the lying that you see though
this we can work with!

here is kagerou's tenshi vote

here is the post where kagerou says "i'm more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than you" ("you" being me in this case)

i invite you to go through kagerou's iso, starting from the first linked post and ending with the second linked post, and find anything from them that shows any effort to get people's stances on tenshi

if you can't, then there you go, that's the lying! kagerou claimed to be "more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than [me]" but showed precisely no interest in getting those stances in that time frame
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: sie/hir

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:41 pm

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

In post 1432, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote:

For the record, I knew it was a null read, but the sides of the scale feel weird.
This.
They're pronounced like see/hear.
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:41 pm

Post by Eternity Larva »

Clownpiece how do you feel about Kagerou finally seeming to drop their scum read on you?

And what is your read on them in general?
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:41 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1427, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Re Yuukas vote on Koishi, despite telegraphed, Yuuka was not around until almost an hour after the larva post. I think Koishis point would have more merit if yuuka was actively posting at the time?
Wrong direction. Look backwards, my concern is that they could have voted me a ton of times BEFORE the Larva post, when they were active and actively calling BS.

Like, specifically, during these series of psots:
In post 1253, Yuuka Kazami wrote: The problem is that your scum takes don’t make sense. “Middle of the road at best” implies you’re scum reading/leaning me.

It just feels like you have a conclusion in mind and are trying to justify it than the other way around.
In post 1264, Yuuka Kazami wrote:
In post 1258, Koishi Komeiji wrote: It'll be this evening.

I'm not going down the rabbit hole of arguing over my wording choice when:

A: I stand by it.
and
B: at the end of this wall project i'm going to be giving an in-specific-order reads list anyways.
and
C: I am stuck on my phone until after work.
1. Ew.
2. Irrelevant.
3. Got it.
In post 1271, Yuuka Kazami wrote: I saw it, I just didn’t care because they were already in the zone of “looking for reasons to temper a read” they probably just linked to the wrong post.

I find their “I stand by it” when 4 players are saying it’s weird/bad/a mistake pretty strange. I guess it could either be a they went to google once and they learned that if you repeat something enough and hold a position consistently enough it can start to move people, they could be right after all, (they’re not, but you know) it’s just strange but possibly just unique to them as a person.
They could just be scum though.
Petit: Ah I see. Meta.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:41 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

I think I was the first person to call that out, like 15 pages ago or whatever
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:42 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1437, Ichirin Kumoi wrote:
In post 1432, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote:

This.
There is a very clear and correct answer here that giving in detail is actively detrimental, but is exactly why I am not worried about this wagon going anywhere in the slightest. And even typing this out is dangerous but fuck it, we ball.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:43 pm

I don’t think it’s scummy to wait for things to develop more before placing a vote though? Like what makes town NOT feel more comfortable voting someone when one of their townreads (I’m pretty confident but not 100 this is the case) also scumreads someone?
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:43 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

Really hoping some of our wallflower posters come back to participate in this in real time.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:44 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

In post 1436, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 1415, Sanae Kochiya wrote: I'm not sure I see the lying that you see though
this we can work with!

here is the post where kagerou says "i'm more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than you" ("you" being me in this case)

i invite you to go through kagerou's iso, starting from the first linked post and ending with the second linked post, and find anything from them that shows any effort to get people's stances on tenshi

if you can't, then there you go, that's the lying! kagerou claimed to be "more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than [me]" but showed precisely no interest in getting those stances in that time frame
I guess I don't consider that lying, and that vote is sort of in character with the sort of reasoning/playstyle they've had all game
I think that 'didn't substantiate the 'seeing people's stances'' bit in thread is totally fair, but:

1. I don't think that's lying
2. people do this sort of thing all the time and I don't think it's inherently scummy
3. it's possible there just wasnt' anything interesting in response so they just moved on and/or didn't note anything in thread

I appreciate you spelling it out very clearly and linking the relevant posts though
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:44 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Oh dear.
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:44 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1442, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: I don’t think it’s scummy to wait for things to develop more before placing a vote though? Like what makes town NOT feel more comfortable voting someone when one of their townreads (I’m pretty confident but not 100 this is the case) also scumreads someone?
I regret to inform you that I didn't say it was scummy, people are just inferring that I did. Data is sometimes just data, about a player's style or preferences that can inform other data down the line.
Eternity Larva
Eternity Larva
Goon
Eternity Larva
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by Eternity Larva »

In post 1436, Daiyousei wrote:
this we can work with!

i vibe with this. good work!

can you ISO me, CTRL-F "Reisen" and see if you find anything that feels similar?
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

Uh Koishi what do you think about my lack of vote on you?
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:46 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1448, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Uh Koishi what do you think about my lack of vote on you?
That you are more hesitant with your vote in general!

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”