Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:09 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

I do have a sinking feeling about how the thread was so passively coasting along doing its thing, until right after I said that I felt like the current thread direction was towards an Ichirin elim, and tenshi joined me on the wagon, and then there was a very sudden shift in thread tone and activity.

But I feel like I need to go back and read through todays posts to see who was doing what.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:10 pm

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

I’m curious to hear you expand on that after, I’ll try and reread when I have time too
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:14 pm

Post by Reisen Udongein Inaba »

This isn’t helpful but every time I open the thread I see like 2-3 new clownpiece posts that make me go…..how town can you possibly be?
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:15 pm

If you turn out to be scum I’ll be devastated and probably never play mafia again so.
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:16 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1478, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: If you turn out to be scum I’ll be elated and certainly want to hydra with you.
Fix'd
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:18 pm

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

Koishi what’s your stance on the 1v1 happening? Unless I missed it somewhere
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:20 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 1318, Ichirin Kumoi wrote: To actually get back on productive things: I do not particularly think my reads of Daiyousei or Kagerou are forced, because
I am currently reading back through to track people's interactions with the thread, but this is eww.

They only think that their own read is not forced? and for reasons other then "those are my reads" ?
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:21 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1480, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Koishi what’s your stance on the 1v1 happening? Unless I missed it somewhere
I've sprinkled hints of my thoughts but i prefer to let the dust settle and for maximum info to hit the thread before I wade in.
Ichirin Kumoi
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Ichirin Kumoi
sie/hir
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: sie/hir

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:22 pm

Post by Ichirin Kumoi »

In post 1481, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 1318, Ichirin Kumoi wrote: To actually get back on productive things: I do not particularly think my reads of Daiyousei or Kagerou are forced, because
I am currently reading back through to track people's interactions with the thread, but this is eww.

They only think that their own read is not forced? and for reasons other then "those are my reads" ?
the picker of nits.......
They're pronounced like see/hear.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:23 pm

In post 1479, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 1478, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: If you turn out to be scum I’ll be elated and certainly want to hydra with you.
Fix'd
lol I’d be very impressed and very heartbroken.
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:25 pm

In post 1482, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 1480, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Koishi what’s your stance on the 1v1 happening? Unless I missed it somewhere
I've sprinkled hints of my thoughts but i prefer to let the dust settle and for maximum info to hit the thread before I wade in.
Benefit of the doubt because I think you’re leaning into an ichirin vote but eeekk
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:28 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 1345, Ichirin Kumoi wrote: And speaking of disingenuous I'm of course going to be skeptical about any reasoning you propose that's related to my reasons/intent for voting you considering you got caught red-handed with a disingenuous Tenshi read.
This also feels like, despite them saying how great Dai's case is, Ichirin does not even really understand why Dai was scum reading Kagerou, because this is not the basis of Dai's case at all.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:29 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 1358, Ichirin Kumoi wrote: And it's up to me to trust and believe you on that. FMPOV, you got caught red-handed with a bogus reason to push Tenshi
Again, this is not the basis of Dai's case
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:37 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1475, Clownpiece wrote: I do have a sinking feeling about how the thread was so passively coasting along doing its thing, until right after I said that I felt like the current thread direction was towards an Ichirin elim, and tenshi joined me on the wagon, and then there was a very sudden shift in thread tone and activity.

But I feel like I need to go back and read through todays posts to see who was doing what.
This sure did suck all the energy out of the thread again huh?
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:40 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 1475, Clownpiece wrote: I do have a sinking feeling about how the thread was so passively coasting along doing its thing, until right after I said that I felt like the current thread direction was towards an Ichirin elim, and tenshi joined me on the wagon, and then there was a very sudden shift in thread tone and activity.

Looking back through it, I actually think that this was a bunch of nothing.

Most of the big switch up can be attributed to Ichirin and Kagerou themselves, and not to sudden influxes of other players making waves.

Koishi starts posting, but not in a way to shape the outcome of the 1v1 or to derail the 1v1.

Sanae responds to things, but again, not in a very shapey way, and fairly in line with how they have been posting I think.

Eternity Larva seems to just be along for the Ichirin/Kagerou ride.

The only real people who show up who seem to be doing anything, is Dai (who is very happy that someone, anyone, finally agreed with them) and excited to joining Ichirin's push, and Yuuka who started voting Koishi.

Dai's sudden interest feels justified based on prior posting in a way that does not make me suddenly more suspicious

and I guess Yuuka fits the bill of someone newly pushing in a new, non-Ichirin, direction, but I think that Yuuka is town, and I also don't know that Koishi is the most viable person to derail into even if Yuuka+Ichirin were partnered.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:43 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

Oh, I’m up for ichirin too.
I’m just up more for Koishi.
Oh, sunflower, so tired of time passing!
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:43 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1445, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Oh dear.
What was this in reference to anyways, since you're here and can answer.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:44 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I have no idea where my Sanae read was but they’ve moved up slightly to lean town. With mostly just caution for the sake of it.
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:47 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

In post 1491, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 1445, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Oh dear.
What was this in reference to anyways, since you're here and can answer.
Can’t talk about it.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:50 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

Reading through it all again, my over all impressions of the 2 are

Ichirin: the entire thing felt really fake, and I still want to kill this slot with fire.

Kagerou: I am actually not sure why scum!kagerou would suddenly make the thread about a 1v1 that included themselves when they made

At that point, literally only Ichirin had freshly voted Kagerou, and Ichirin has approximately zero thread control imo.

I further don't know why they would double down on the 1v1, including shooting down other people's ideas of pushing else where [] especially not when Yuuka has been pretty paranoid of Kagerou this game, and if I had to guess where Yuuka would go in that 1v1, I would have guessed him to vote Kagerou
Yuuka Kazami
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Yuuka Kazami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:51 pm

Post by Yuuka Kazami »

I think in general your rhetorical style (kind of, I will gladly bear the cross of my maverick thoughts!) and sort of conspiracy style connections and, “I can’t tell you about this important secret thought I have, it’s super important and liable to mess with the game state! In combination with the ego and I’m just pretty confused about how I’m supposed to understand if you’re town or scum.
Eliminatable? Yes. Not too difficult.
But interpretable? That one is pretty hard for me.
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:53 pm

Post by Daiyousei »

In post 1469, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 1436, Daiyousei wrote:
In post 1415, Sanae Kochiya wrote: I'm not sure I see the lying that you see though
this we can work with!

here is kagerou's tenshi vote

here is the post where kagerou says "i'm more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than you" ("you" being me in this case)

i invite you to go through kagerou's iso, starting from the first linked post and ending with the second linked post, and find anything from them that shows any effort to get people's stances on tenshi

if you can't, then there you go, that's the lying! kagerou claimed to be "more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than [me]" but showed precisely no interest in getting those stances in that time frame
I did you one better, and I opened up their iso and searched for "Tenshi" and read every post in order, and was fine with it. I feel like their vote makes sense to me in the context of their reads list that came prior.

The "big crime" you are pointing to seems to be that they did not go out of their way to make the wagon happen, but they were also talking about how they were not trying to lead, so I am not all that surprised that it does not exist.
this tells me you either don't understand the case or are intentionally misrepresenting it @_@

i agree that a tenshi vote in 553 is telegraphed by 385 and 421! however, those posts are not justifications for changing the vote from me to tenshi in 553; if anything, the read list in 385 is justification for keeping it on me, which is why i asked about it in the first place

the specific justification of the tenshi vote is "I'm more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than you" in 655; assuming this is a true statement, it was the justification for the vote switch in 553

the problem is that, between 553 and 655, kagerou makes no effort to get people's stances on tenshi! and this is not for lack of opportunity to do so!

- chatting with kaguya in 554! "hey by the way what do you think of tenshi/my vote for tenshi?" nope not there
- chatting with reisen in 562! "hey by the way what do you think of tenshi/my vote for tenshi?" nope not there
- responding to me literally asking about the tenshi vote in 563 "what do you think about tenshi anyway?" nope not there, unless you want to count "I think voting my 3rd strongest scumread is more interesting than voting you, and i invite anyone else who's on the fence with Tenshi to do the same" as a serious/meaningful effort, which, lol
- provoking aya in 596! "hey by the way what do you think of tenshi/my vote for tenshi?" nope not there
- chatting with you in 608! "hey by the way what do you think of tenshi/my vote for tenshi?" nope not there

these questions would not even be questions indicative of someone trying to lead a wagon! they're so easy to ask! and none of them were! and in their absence i'm still expected to think that "I'm more interested in seeing people's stances on Tenshi than you" was an honest statement???
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Daiyousei
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Daiyousei
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:54 pm

Post by Daiyousei »

is this deliberately ignoring the context of 1302, or ?_?
how m i supposed 2 have a "signature" when i don't have a name? like wth do i sign
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:00 pm

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 1497, Daiyousei wrote:

is this deliberately ignoring the context of 1302, or ?_?
My post is pointing out that in response to 1302, they said "I don't think that my reads are forced because Dai's case is so good vs "I know my reads are not forced, because they are my reads"

1302 calling them forced is irrelevant.
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:01 pm

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

In post 1495, Yuuka Kazami wrote: I think in general your rhetorical style (kind of, I will gladly bear the cross of my maverick thoughts!) and sort of conspiracy style connections and, “I can’t tell you about this important secret thought I have, it’s super important and liable to mess with the game state! In combination with the ego and I’m just pretty confused about how I’m supposed to understand if you’re town or scum.
Eliminatable? Yes. Not too difficult.
But interpretable? That one is pretty hard for me.
This is fair but it's not going to really make me change sorry!

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”