Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her please

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:44 am

Post by Marisa Kirisame »

In post 2521, Aya Shameimaru wrote: I still am of the opinion that Yuuki/Sanae is not S/S, but honestly? at this point? Koishi is probably not wrong about Yuuki's post rate and the town indication that comes with that so I would probably support that wagon over Kagerou's at this point.
You're saying a lot of names, Aya-San, but I didn't get what you think about
Sanae
!
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:44 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

If I am going to give this game effort and that's a big IFF it's gonna be directed at slots that I think are worth my time and effort.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:44 am

Post by Tenshi Hinanawi »

In post 2520, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 2517, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Why is Reisen town? You can quote if I missed it.
It's dipped a little in recent... call it the last 20 pages but the first 80 pages of this game were Reisen glowing town, IMO. Do you want me to wave my hands and use the words I use to describe my townreads and then have them get called buzzwordy or would you like the method where I quote posts and point at their context and go "how can you not see this as town?" and then have people dismiss me for not providing enough evidence?
Just hit me with the buzzwords, I’ll skim everything when I have a second at work.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:45 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 2525, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 2521, Aya Shameimaru wrote: I still am of the opinion that Yuuki/Sanae is not S/S, but honestly? at this point? Koishi is probably not wrong about Yuuki's post rate and the town indication that comes with that so I would probably support that wagon over Kagerou's at this point.
You're saying a lot of names, Aya-San, but I didn't get what you think about
Sanae
!
eh? I've spent half my posts describing the interactions between Sanae and Yuuki and what I think about that relationship. Are you asking me to actually effort post and go through Sanae's ISO and make some big wall about why I believe they're more likely to be scum? What would that even do except confirm my own bias?
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:46 am

Post by Clownpiece »

Aya if you became Kingmaker who dies?
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:47 am

No, I'm expecting you to say something like "I'm surprised about this vote but I'll gladly wagon Sanae" or "that feels like a weird vote to do right now" or something.
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:47 am

Your indifference is making it very hard to have a read on you.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:52 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 2527, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote:
In post 2520, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 2517, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: Why is Reisen town? You can quote if I missed it.
It's dipped a little in recent... call it the last 20 pages but the first 80 pages of this game were Reisen glowing town, IMO. Do you want me to wave my hands and use the words I use to describe my townreads and then have them get called buzzwordy or would you like the method where I quote posts and point at their context and go "how can you not see this as town?" and then have people dismiss me for not providing enough evidence?
Just hit me with the buzzwords, I’ll skim everything when I have a second at work.
Sure.

Reinsen's posting comes from a place of attempting to understand over attempting to control which doesn't always necessitate town but the manner in which it is done cedes a lot of control too. It's almost as if Reinsen is unconfident in their own approach and that lack of confidence bleeds through in their posting. I think that Mafia would come across a little more... self assured, or try to progress towards self assurance? To be able to influence a bit more in coming days? Especially if they know Ichirin is flipping town, because then the people who are in that middle "oh i just don't know" area are gonna be super under fire. I think positionally she's jsut in a really bad spot regardless of the Ichirin flip. She doesn't get cred or validation on either end, she just IS.

Between that and the tone of her approaches in how she's attempted to solve I just don't see her as scum.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:54 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 2531, Marisa Kirisame wrote: Your indifference is making it very hard to have a read on you.
Yeah. I know. It's not as if I'm being indifferent on purpose, I just... don't care. I'm at a 0 on energy levels, a 0 on give a fucks. I'm just trying to not flake.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:55 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 2529, Clownpiece wrote: Aya if you became Kingmaker who dies?
Not you or Yuuka as much as my heart would go doki-doki from the thought of dropping a spike from low orbit on either of your heads rn. Probably Sanae to figure out Yuuka, honestly. Or maybe Kaguya, honestly.
Clownpiece
Clownpiece
Goon
Clownpiece
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:56 am

Post by Clownpiece »

In post 2533, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 2531, Marisa Kirisame wrote: Your indifference is making it very hard to have a read on you.
Yeah. I know. It's not as if I'm being indifferent on purpose, I just... don't care. I'm at a 0 on energy levels, a 0 on give a fucks. I'm just trying to not flake.
Why are you trying not to flake if you don’t care?
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:58 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 2535, Clownpiece wrote:
In post 2533, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
Why are you trying not to flake if you don’t care?
I have a responsibility to the game mod to engage with the game as best I can manage, and I don't like replacing out in general because I find it game warping.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:59 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

Like, shockingly, I apparrently do enjoy mafia? I want to try and enjoy mafia? I have none of the prereqs rn for enjoying mafia. So I'm just trying.
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:00 am

What you’re saying makes sense, but I also think there’s potential for the day to be flipped on it’s head if Ichirin does flip town, people will instead be hyper focused on the high post count people instead. I guess I’d characterize Reisen as the most under the radar person in the game, and I am less enthused about someone ceding control when there have been a lot of big voices in this game fighting for control? It seems like the best way to avoid scrutiny, IMO
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:02 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 2538, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: What you’re saying makes sense, but I also think there’s potential for the day to be flipped on it’s head if Ichirin does flip town, people will instead be hyper focused on the high post count people instead. I guess I’d characterize Reisen as the most under the radar person in the game, and I am less enthused about someone ceding control when there have been a lot of big voices in this game fighting for control? It seems like the best way to avoid scrutiny, IMO
Every read typing in Mafia has a WIFOM answer to it, minus mechanical locking. Like, you can always find a reply to a play that is subversive to standard and beats the standard. Right? It's about how likely that subversion is to come pre-knowledge of it being a good subversion.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:04 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

Aya are you like following along and not posting? Or just not reading anything
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:06 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 2540, Sanae Kochiya wrote: Aya are you like following along and not posting? Or just not reading anything
I make the effort to pop in and read what i've missed whenever I have a chance and the energy to do at least that much. I won't say I've read every single post, but what I can, I have.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:07 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

I don't want "falling so far behind that I can't catch up" to add to the weight of things holding me down, if possible.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

In post 2513, Aya Shameimaru wrote: I'm tired of giving actual effort to defending Ichirin and then not even having the people to whom I efforted at actually engage with it. It's sort of moot. I gave reads and no one really gave a shit either. I engaged with a reads list and that didn't garnet anything either.

I've provided content. But the memetic value of my apathy is more powerful and valuable I think.
Koishi pretty explicitly asked you about your commentary on his readslist a few times
Tenshi Hinanawi
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Tenshi Hinanawi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:10 am

In post 2539, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 2538, Tenshi Hinanawi wrote: What you’re saying makes sense, but I also think there’s potential for the day to be flipped on it’s head if Ichirin does flip town, people will instead be hyper focused on the high post count people instead. I guess I’d characterize Reisen as the most under the radar person in the game, and I am less enthused about someone ceding control when there have been a lot of big voices in this game fighting for control? It seems like the best way to avoid scrutiny, IMO
Every read typing in Mafia has a WIFOM answer to it, minus mechanical locking. Like, you can always find a reply to a play that is subversive to standard and beats the standard. Right? It's about how likely that subversion is to come pre-knowledge of it being a good subversion.
I guess my stance is I think this is more a ploy to cede control to stay under the radar. I see your points and am considering it on my drive home.
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:11 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

Aya what's your read on me independant of Yuuka?
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:14 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 2543, Sanae Kochiya wrote:
In post 2513, Aya Shameimaru wrote: I'm tired of giving actual effort to defending Ichirin and then not even having the people to whom I efforted at actually engage with it. It's sort of moot. I gave reads and no one really gave a shit either. I engaged with a reads list and that didn't garnet anything either.

I've provided content. But the memetic value of my apathy is more powerful and valuable I think.
Koishi pretty explicitly asked you about your commentary on his readslist a few times
And it was given. Explicitly.
Aya Shameimaru
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Aya Shameimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:15 am

Post by Aya Shameimaru »

In post 1600, Aya Shameimaru wrote:
In post 1538, Koishi Komeiji wrote:
In post 1531, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote: Koichi I know you’re doing wall posts on people but can you give me a short sweet read list? It would be easier to follow along and pick out what needs some elaboration.
I really wanted to do this AFTER the walls to make it the longest reads list ever with spoiler= collapses for everything, but sure. This is off the cuff, with the warning that I have NOT done the "brute force ISO" (Nice term whoever said that earlier, yoinked) of several of these slots so my opinion here may be mostly feels/vibes based on a few folks.

{Larva, Clown, Kaguya}
Fine, but can you explain Kaguya

{Sanae}
Ehhh really? 'splain.

~End Die for Tier~
{Tenshi}
{Kagerou*, Yuuka, Dai*}
{Marisa*, Reisen*,}
This whole Middle Pack reads like you just dumped a bunch of names you didn't know how to sort. Tenshi looking better and more reasonable than most but not actually accomplishing much is a concern I have. Dai should be higher. Reisen should be WAY higher.

~End Giant Middle of the Pack~
{Aya*}
{Ichirin}
I mean, come on. Do you need me to explain why Ichirin is obvious LHF or what, you're better than this.

The * denotes a read that I have not fully solidified, but you asked and it's the time in the day where it's cards on table land.

I still intend to do those tonight, and I don't want an elimination to occur before I have the chance, as my time in game will be limited, I suspect.
Bolded mine
Sanae Kochiya
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Sanae Kochiya
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:17 am

Post by Sanae Kochiya »

In post 2513, Aya Shameimaru wrote: I'm tired of giving actual effort to defending Ichirin and then not even having the people to whom I efforted at actually engage with it. It's sort of moot. I gave reads and no one really gave a shit either.
I engaged with a reads list and that didn't garnet anything either.

1. He had followup questions on that
2. If not him what's the bolded referring to
Yukari Yakumo
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Yukari Yakumo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:18 am

Post by Yukari Yakumo »

Bump
Svenskt Stål (12:21) you are pur evil hell spawn