(micro 1101) mystery box of silver 16: tinkleton (it tinkled)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:15 pm

Post by Psyche »

does scum really care as much as naeyrs has demonstrated about whether they can't stand someone?
i mean they'll definitely take the mislim if the option arises. but all else equal i figure scum are going to want to keep someone like deus alive all game
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:16 pm

Post by Psyche »

i think these wounds will heal with time deus. hopefully we can move on
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:20 pm

Post by Ausuka »

i don't think naerys's thought process was necessarily focused on win conditions. it reads more to me like she just couldn't stand playing with deus and that would probably be true regardless of their alignments
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Deus Deceptor
Deus Deceptor
they/them
Townie
Deus Deceptor
they/them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:30 pm

Post by Deus Deceptor »

To elaborate even further: maybe just read #67 and it will explain to you that I am following it rather precisely, including escalation of perceived threat as it pertains to how others interact with me.

I would even go so far as to say that I have followed the framework I provided with machine-like precision! Just like in the real world, it is generally a correct thing to do to respond to an escalation of incoming threat with an escalation of outgoing threat.

I'll remind you that it's not just one player who's spoken out against me in discord - it's 3 or more like 4, and 2 of them have quit the game now. Meanwhile, there has been little effort in anyone other than Snow actually engaging with what I have said. If you have psychological backgrounds, you should know full well that trying to simulate a real-life conversation under such an environment would place my responses as rather accurate for how the rest of the players here have treated me, as well.

At some point you have to be aware that it seems rather clear that I have not a single ally in this game, so I'll have to turn this conversation around on you - where is your motive for attempting to lecture me when you're clearly preaching to the choir? It doesn't seem game-related whatsoever, and would rather be somewhat socially unaware of the fact that essentially nobody has gone to bat for me and I have been fending for myself in a group of people who clearly don't want me here. Normally this is where I'd be subject to a lynch mob, but fortunately this is taking place within the boundaries of the online sphere
I am an Evil Demon of utmost power and cunning. Soon you shall think that the sky, the air, the earth, colours, shapes, sounds and all external things are merely the delusions of dreams, which I have devised to ensnare your judgement. You shall consider yourself as not having hands or eyes, or flesh, or blood or senses, but as falsely believing that you have all these things.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:35 pm

Post by Psyche »

Even though we differ in approach, I'm going to do my best to follow your thinking and learn whatever I can from your posts. Hopefully we can become friends along the way too.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:42 pm

Post by Psyche »

I apologize if I insulted you or was condescending.
Think of what I was doing earlier as a part of my strategy.
I learned a lot from our conversation so far about your thought process and approach, at least enough to feel reasonably confident that you're town and not just mafia putting on some elaborate act.
And I also think that we came to understand each other a bit better, which hopefully means we'll be able to trade thoughts and information more easily down the line.
I guess a third goal I had was to achieve kind of rapport with you so the game feels more fun for all of us to engage with, which I imagine would convert to us collectively putting more effort into the game and into making good decisions.
We'll how that pans out.
Deus Deceptor
Deus Deceptor
they/them
Townie
Deus Deceptor
they/them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:54 pm

Post by Deus Deceptor »

No, I fundamentally agree with everything you've said to me.

Since it seems like my inclusion here is a compromise to game integrity, it seems best for me to step down before I cause another player to quit.
I am an Evil Demon of utmost power and cunning. Soon you shall think that the sky, the air, the earth, colours, shapes, sounds and all external things are merely the delusions of dreams, which I have devised to ensnare your judgement. You shall consider yourself as not having hands or eyes, or flesh, or blood or senses, but as falsely believing that you have all these things.
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:04 pm

Post by Political Clout »

UNVOTE:
Ya basic!
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:26 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Layla replaces Naerys. T3 replaces Deus Deceptor.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:29 pm

Post by Layla »

La la la
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:33 pm

Post by schadd_ »

vote count 1.2 !

T3 (2):
Layla, SirCakez
Robert2424 (2):
Snow2697, T3
SirCakez (2):
Ausuka, Psyche
Snow2697 (1):
Robert2424
Psyche (1):
Gypyx

not voting (1):
Political Clout

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to pickle someone's peppers. day 1 ends in (expired on 2024-03-26 04:08:11).

moderateur notes
  • gonna go ahead and slap on an extra 36 hours to today

[.....treetrunk..]
[.........tree...]
[......ant.......]
[....t...........]
[....r...........]
[....e...statue..]
[....e......tree.]
[...........pond.]
[.........pond...]
[................]
[................]
[................]
[.........bush...]
[flowerbush......]
[..patchofgrass..]
[...bush...bush..]
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:41 pm

Post by Layla »

UNVOTE:
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:05 pm

Post by Layla »

In post 67, Deus Deceptor wrote: -snip-
This is going to be
the
mafurscum copypasta, 2024 edition.
La la la
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

what a day...
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:28 pm

Post by T3 »

Hiya
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:58 pm

Post by Layla »

Read strength in order of towniness.

Layla
(If you disagree, then skill issue.)

T3
(Previously Deus. English is my second language so my brain cannot handle some of their posts, but from some of their posts that I could decode, I felt that they're actually trying to solve the game instead of hiding behind RP. I'm aware someone already mentioned it, but I want to mention it again because I'm about to lock this slot as town.)

Psyche
(Previously Klick, and based purely on Klick. Most of Psyche's posts were counciling Deus, which is helpful but unfortunately not alignment-indicative. Klick's posts felt kinda stiff in general, but it is probably a playstyle thing. I liked this post in particular.)

[ B I G ☆ G A P ]

Ausuka
(I think posts are okay in general. But that's all I got on her. Tentative townread, but if I was a cop I'd scan her N1.)

Political Clout
(Not much on 'em, but I do like this post.)

Snow2697
(I'd like to think, at this point, that any attempts to decode Deus' posts are +town. and are consistent but it doesn't really mean much. Overall null, but slightly leaning town.)

SirCakez
(Gives me mixed feelings. His attack on Deus feel like it's like 80% hate-the-long-post. I'll probably get a better grasp on him when he simmers down and come back later.)

Robert2424
(?)

[ Special category because my inner sadist tells me that purposefully not stating a read on her would agonize her ]

Gypyx
La la la
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:09 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 164, Deus Deceptor wrote: There's no resentment whatsoever, actually

Just sheer disillusionment. I provided an actual game-theorised set of syllogisms from the ground up, and then elaborated upon a motive framework, and then explained how several other players' actions conformed accurately to the framework... and instead of there being any intrigue or response from any of them, apparently the effort I put in to trying to show everyone what the game of mafia is actually about (trying to understand and unpack how others think!!) is apparently 'unfun'.

I don't resent any of the players for not finding it fun, nor do I blame them. But it is rather lonely to know that it appears that not many mafia players are all that interested in the game of mafia, or the psychology of the mind, and that my passion for it is met with randvotes because text too big
My predecessor got fancy with ChatGPT I see

Anyways I'm going to watch TV and sleep, I'll catch up tomorrow
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:23 pm

Post by Layla »

I wrote: Most of Psyche's posts were counciling Deus, which is helpful but unfortunately not alignment-indicative.
Well, the bit about how Psyche thought Deus was likely to be town before beginning the whole counciling is +town. I think this is actually worth mentioning.
La la la
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

i thought we could be like tres amigos
Snow2697
Snow2697
he
Goon
Snow2697
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:09 pm

Post by Snow2697 »

In post 190, Layla wrote: Read strength in order of towniness.

Layla

T3
(Previously Deus. English is my second language so my brain cannot handle some of their posts, but from some of their posts that I could decode, I felt that they're actually trying to solve the game instead of hiding behind RP. I'm aware someone already mentioned it, but I want to mention it again because I'm about to lock this slot as town.)

Psyche
(Previously Klick, and based purely on Klick. Most of Psyche's posts were counciling Deus, which is helpful but unfortunately not alignment-indicative. Klick's posts felt kinda stiff in general, but it is probably a playstyle thing. I liked this post in particular.)

[ B I G ☆ G A P ]

Ausuka
(I think posts are okay in general. But that's all I got on her. Tentative townread, but if I was a cop I'd scan her N1.)

Political Clout

Snow2697
(I'd like to think, at this point, that any attempts to decode Deus' posts are +town. and are consistent but it doesn't really mean much. Overall null, but slightly leaning town.)

SirCakez
(Gives me mixed feelings. His attack on Deus feel like it's like 80% hate-the-long-post. I'll probably get a better grasp on him when he simmers down and come back later.)

Robert2424
(?)

[ Special category because my inner sadist tells me that purposefully not stating a read on her would agonize her ]

Gypyx
Deus with his sharp brain and excellent philosophical and analytical skills classified me as "pure as an angel". Since he is so high on your townread list, I should probably get a better ranking from you, no?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:29 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 190, Layla wrote: Read strength in order of towniness.

Layla

T3

Psyche

[ B I G ☆ G A P ]

Ausuka

Political Clout

Snow2697

SirCakez

Robert2424
(?)

Gypyx
Aaaaaaaaah i'm agonizing
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:30 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 171, Ausuka wrote: psyche, deus and snow are probably town

it would be vaguely funny if it was actually cakez and robert

i don't think mafia game tends to be that convenient and also there are a bunch of people i could see being mafia here

pedit: i mean early reads are correct decently often but i still feel strongly it is not particularly wise to declare the game solved at this stage
While i agree with the thought here, we still have to go through the easy solves before we can start thinking about more elaborate stuff right?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

im definitely going to overinterpret sircakez's spot in layla's initial readslist if i get the opportunity later in the game
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:30 am

Post by Layla »

Snow2697 wrote: Deus with his sharp brain and excellent philosophical and analytical skills classified me as "pure as an angel". Since he is so high on your townread list, I should probably get a better ranking from you, no?
Nope! Being town and being right are mutually exclusive.
La la la
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 am

Post by Political Clout »

I'm liking laylas entrance!!
Ya basic!

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”