fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:26 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 868, KayJayQueue wrote: I’m not going to just trust someone’s meta read on someone else when it’s the person literally repping into the slot they are meta-reading. No matter the alignment, it’s exactly what you would say but I’d say even more so if you were trying to convince others you were town as scum over town as town. I think there’d be other things you could use to explain your town alignment that went beyond “trust me bro”.
i don't really think he was trying to convince people he was town with that

it was just a direct response to me saying i didn't think black wasn't obvtown
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:30 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 870, Gimli wrote:
In post 867, halfasleep wrote: gimli did my exchanges with kay after scumreading her affect your read on either of us?
no. I'm not sure I even remember these posts anymore, sorry. I know I just replaced in but goldfish memory.

I find, for instance, that you won't immediately accept my townread on you to be great evidence that you're a townie. I liked your approach early on, your reads list, your reaction to pressure on you etc. you're my strongest townread maybe alongside fireisred.
can i request that you read our isos starting from 591 and 604, respectively? the way kay responded to me here is what solidified my opinion that she mainly engages with the game from the perspective of either pushing her preferred lim (more focused on thomith's slot earlier but now firmly switched to yours) or to defend against any perceived attacks. i firmly think her priority is on not being eliminated rather than reading and thinking about the game.
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:32 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 871, KayJayQueue wrote: You’re not making me feel any different about my scumread on the Black-slot. I was open to having just been overly convinced in my own reads so I was willing to entertain your perspective on the slot. But you’ve really just solidified my read.
i don't believe this at all.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:34 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Pretty sure pushing my preferred lim is a direct result of reading and thinking about the game and deciding who I think the best person to lim is, and since I’d be a bad player to mislim, yes, I’m also defending against those that are trying to do just that. You may think that’s a scum-only perspective but it’s really not.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:34 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 877, halfasleep wrote:
In post 871, KayJayQueue wrote: You’re not making me feel any different about my scumread on the Black-slot. I was open to having just been overly convinced in my own reads so I was willing to entertain your perspective on the slot. But you’ve really just solidified my read.
i don't believe this at all.
Well I can’t change what you believe.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:41 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 857, Gimli wrote: I wouldn't replace into a scum slot tbh

too much effort and this is my last week of having time to mafia proper
I'll just head this off at the pass and say that this argument is not worth having. There is no way to show whether you actually believe this or if you're saying this as a defense of your slot. I'll let it slide this time as I've never met you before, but let it be known that this is not an argument you want to have.
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him + any neos

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:46 am

Post by Purplemango »

In post 851, Gimli wrote: ISO'd mango now

its really not a great ISO is it, a lot of superficial posting, blending in, not doing much

from all I read of this game this is POEd down as the most likely candidate for scum d1

we flip?

VOTE: mango
Trying to read what was written but I probably won't answer much because a lot of words

I
the argument but I don't think it's a very useful thing
Like, it's hard for me to talk much in general, the other two games I was in were also about the same style, and worse (I don't think this is really helpful information for me, but whatever)

This is not a good reason in my opinion to why I am scum
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:56 am

Post by Gimli »

how did I do that, btw?
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:59 am

I think you cast a hex on Kay, making her incapable of seeing you as anything but scum. [joking]
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:01 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 882, Gimli wrote:
how did I do that, btw?
Too much of your posts where based in “Black was obviously town” “Black wouldn’t that” “I knew she was town, I was right”

I just felt like I wanted more from your reads. The only thing I can say I like is that you can tell that I’m town where black couldn’t. But I’m wondering if that’s just trying to appease the loudest person against your slot or not. It’s hard to know.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:12 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 876, halfasleep wrote:
In post 870, Gimli wrote:
In post 867, halfasleep wrote: gimli did my exchanges with kay after scumreading her affect your read on either of us?
no. I'm not sure I even remember these posts anymore, sorry. I know I just replaced in but goldfish memory.

I find, for instance, that you won't immediately accept my townread on you to be great evidence that you're a townie. I liked your approach early on, your reads list, your reaction to pressure on you etc. you're my strongest townread maybe alongside fireisred.
can i request that you read our isos starting from 591 and 604, respectively? the way kay responded to me here is what solidified my opinion that she mainly engages with the game from the perspective of either pushing her preferred lim (more focused on thomith's slot earlier but now firmly switched to yours) or to defend against any perceived attacks. i firmly think her priority is on not being eliminated rather than reading and thinking about the game.
I like what you're cooking here, halfasleep. I could sheep you onto KJQ without any confidence on it flipping scum as you're my top TR. with KJQ I think the most troubling thing is the lack of townpings, for someone that wrote as much as she did. I haven't pinged her as scum other than that comment to me saying her own game is bad, and then being unmoved whatsoever by my posting here feels a bit stale. those aren't great reasons - but I also think that self preserving and pushing preferred lims isn't necessarily scummy - but I think this + POE could make KJQ a >rand scum slot.

if jacksonvirgo is a townie then I think it could as well be KJQ/mango. I do prefer flipping mango atm.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:14 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 884, KayJayQueue wrote:
how did I do that, btw?
Too much of your posts where based in “Black was obviously town” “Black wouldn’t that” “I knew she was town, I was right”

I just felt like I wanted more from your reads. The only thing I can say I like is that you can tell that I’m town where black couldn’t. But I’m wondering if that’s just trying to appease the loudest person against your slot or not. It’s hard to know.
I mean, I might even vote you at EOD.

I don't think too much of my posts were 'black was obviously town'. I wrote extensively on every single slot in the game, I feel. I wrote about black the least.

I take your uncharitable push on me as kind of disingenuous.
I'll tie your legs
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:21 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Okay - question to those wanting to vote me: when I flip town, what will that mean to you? Would you listen to my reads then? Would you ignore everything I’ve said? What direction will you be going in once you see you’re wrong about me being scum? Because at the moment I don’t have confidence that the game isn’t being run by and steered in the wrong direction by scum. I do think scum is being more vocal in this game and therefore I don’t think it’s purple, ming or fire right now.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:25 am

I couldn't have so I'm taking

Fixed post tag
- the mod
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:38 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 887, KayJayQueue wrote: Okay - question to those wanting to vote me: when I flip town, what will that mean to you? Would you listen to my reads then? Would you ignore everything I’ve said? What direction will you be going in once you see you’re wrong about me being scum? Because at the moment I don’t have confidence that the game isn’t being run by and steered in the wrong direction by scum. I do think scum is being more vocal in this game and therefore I don’t think it’s purple, ming or fire right now.
I'm starting to see you being scum in this game, kay.

this post isn't pointing at anyone in particular and yet is throwing some random paranoia on big posters being scum that I'm not sure I buy it. your top scumreads are two replace out slots and halfasleep. I'm almost 100% on it being 0/3 scum, even though I don't really know jupiter enough to know if he has such a large range to play like he did as scum. I like thomith in this game. either way those don't seem to be The Big Posters, you know? jake and virgo have posted more and those are townreads you have.

also, who is willing to flip you this game? I'm not sure but other than halfasleep I don't think I've seen you being thrown around as a scumread that much? it feels like you have a warped view of the game that I'm unsure comes from town.
I'll tie your legs
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:42 am

Post by halfasleep »

how did I do that, btw?

I just felt like I wanted more from your reads.
The only thing I can say I like is that you can tell that I’m town where black couldn’t.
But I’m wondering if that’s just trying to appease the loudest person against your slot or not. It’s hard to know.
expected
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:46 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 890, halfasleep wrote:
how did I do that, btw?

I just felt like I wanted more from your reads.
The only thing I can say I like is that you can tell that I’m town where black couldn’t.
But I’m wondering if that’s just trying to appease the loudest person against your slot or not. It’s hard to know.
expected
I don’t see how that was necessary to comment on. I think most people would expect that. This feels like tunneling to a degree that’s unnecessary.
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:47 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 887, KayJayQueue wrote: Okay - question to those wanting to vote me: when I flip town, what will that mean to you? Would you listen to my reads then? Would you ignore everything I’ve said? What direction will you be going in once you see you’re wrong about me being scum? Because at the moment I don’t have confidence that the game isn’t being run by and steered in the wrong direction by scum. I do think scum is being more vocal in this game and therefore I don’t think it’s purple, ming or fire right now.
that's a good question. i'd definitely still be looking at jackson as i think there's a good chance only one of you is scum here. i'd also be looking at who was voting for you early in the game (excluding RVS), which would be gimli's slot in this case. that townread would definitely have to be called into question if you flip green.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:47 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 889, Gimli wrote:

this post isn't pointing at anyone in particular and yet is throwing some random paranoia on big posters being scum that I'm not sure I buy it. your top scumreads are two replace out slots and halfasleep. I'm almost 100% on it being 0/3 scum, even though I don't really know jupiter enough to know if he has such a large range to play like he did as scum. I like thomith in this game. either way those don't seem to be The Big Posters, you know? jake and virgo have posted more and those are townreads you have.

also, who is willing to flip you this game? I'm not sure but other than halfasleep I don't think I've seen you being thrown around as a scumread that much? it feels like you have a warped view of the game that I'm unsure comes from town.
this is also a post that may denounce partnership with mango particularly, as that's the lowest poster in the game. I also find it telling that you gave three options for 'probably not scum' because not big posters, and none of these posters is mango. feels like maybe you're truthtelling a bit - yes there are plenty lowposters who are townies, particularly those three - but what is revealed is what you kept hidden - the one lowposter not in your list, because that's your scum partner.

this is just a narrative I'm throwing but it could as well be the case and I don't think it's too farfetched.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:48 am

Post by Gimli »

I would like everyone to comment on mango. is anyone townreading it? is anyone not putting it in a scum POE?
I'll tie your legs
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:49 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 893, Gimli wrote:

this is also a post that may denounce partnership with mango particularly, as that's the lowest poster in the game. I also find it telling that you gave three options for 'probably not scum' because not big posters, and none of these posters is mango. feels like maybe you're truthtelling a bit - yes there are plenty lowposters who are townies, particularly those three - but what is revealed is what you kept hidden - the one lowposter not in your list, because that's your scum partner.

this is just a narrative I'm throwing but it could as well be the case and I don't think it's too farfetched.
purple is mango. purplemango. same player.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:49 am

Post by Gimli »

ah, shit lol

RULE OF THREE then
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:49 am

Post by Gimli »

*hides*
I'll tie your legs
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:50 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

It feels like you’re beginning to shift your views into what halfasleep has been saying. This is why I think your slot is probably scum. When you were catching up, you were town reading me, now that you realize I’m not going to back off my read on you, you are moving to a different person to back who you have said is your strongest town read and are now using her views to push back against me.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:51 am

we should improve society somewhat