he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:15 pm

Post by implosion »

i didn't
really
process in a frenzy per se. I kept up with the game a bit while I was not really posting but had days that were occupied by stuff and/or I was just not in the mood (but mostly the former I think). And then I had time. Also frankly I am motivated by having pressure on me sometimes
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:17 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 544, the worst wrote: I'm surprised at the pace at which he's working through this game (I guess this has gotten better but only after it was called out, and this game is a bit slow paced in general) and I think his read on me felt very forced

I've mentioned like multiple times that I'm wary this is pretty introspective and would love someone else with a different opinion to talk through it
I guess if this is your summary of your position on me then you presumably think the pacing thing is scum-indicative, beyond just being surprising? or no? If so why?

I frankly just don't begrudge you calling my read on you forced, in some way it is because, again, i am extensively bad at getting meaningful d1 scumreads
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:31 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 522, Political Clout wrote:
In post 519, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 518, Dannflor wrote: ceejay, what are you two weakest reads and why
I just figured out that am not being specifically asked for scum reads lol

You sort of feel townish but at the same time a good chunk of your engagement this game has been about your meta and I don't really have the energy or time to dig into those

I also feel like the worst had a bit of a rough start but their posts are sort of getting better but I don't reaaly feel like sorting them this early in the game
I think the worst would disagree with you. They seemed very happy with their vote early game. What indicates to you that the worst had a rough start? and why isn't that rough start scum? and what exactly do you mean by rough start it is pretty vague.
Its a bit later than I thought it was but him pivoting into voting not mafia sort of rubbed me the wrong way. Its still a pretty weak read though like I was asked

You pouncing on this instead of my vague read on you on a previous post sort of pings me though
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:33 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 523, the worst wrote:

You sort of feel townish but at the same time a good chunk of your engagement this game has been about your meta and I don't really have the energy or time to dig into those

I also feel like the worst had a bit of a rough start but their posts are sort of getting better but I don't reaaly feel like sorting them this early in the game
why are you non-committing to every single read omg pick one and believe in it for a second help me out here

Klick is town. agree/disagree?

what do you think of not_mafia's spurt of posting if anything?

also wanna hear ur thoughts on implosion atm

You skipped my ?

Klick idk need more info

not mafia is not mafia
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:36 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 533, Klick wrote: His last couple of posts feel pure to me gth
I'd rather see more before going into much detail

Hmm...
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:06 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 551, implosion wrote:
In post 544, the worst wrote: I'm surprised at the pace at which he's working through this game (I guess this has gotten better but only after it was called out, and this game is a bit slow paced in general) and I think his read on me felt very forced

I've mentioned like multiple times that I'm wary this is pretty introspective and would love someone else with a different opinion to talk through it
I guess if this is your summary of your position on me then you presumably think the pacing thing is scum-indicative, beyond just being surprising? or no? If so why?

I frankly just don't begrudge you calling my read on you forced, in some way it is because, again, i am extensively bad at getting meaningful d1 scumreads
I feel like my reads are a little forced outside of exactly Klick too on this phase. actually tbh I'm also kinda not a fan of d1 these days so I guess same.

this isn't very meta informed but scum tend to benefit from having limited insight & limiting the work they put into progressing the gamestate in a positive direction. to me it felt like you weren't throwing in many original thoughts and then the first original (or Bingle-inspired-original) thought felt kind of unnatural that's definitely a space where I'm looking for scum.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:07 pm

Post by the worst »

I know I'm not really going to convince you that you're scum, either lol. I guess it's just fun having conversations.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:08 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 553, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 523, the worst wrote:

why are you non-committing to every single read omg pick one and believe in it for a second help me out here

Klick is town. agree/disagree?

what do you think of not_mafia's spurt of posting if anything?

also wanna hear ur thoughts on implosion atm
You skipped my ?

Klick idk need more info

not mafia is not mafia
I did not skip 517

sigh

I'm just very null on you
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:25 pm

Post by Klick »

You've asked for different opinions but I generally agree with what you're saying

More specifically, I feel like implosion's engagement and content has lined up with what he feels he needs to do to survive
Implosion has explained this as him feeling motivated by pressure, but I'm unconvinced that that isn't cover for posting in a conveniently-survivalistic way based on the flow of the thread
It feels very similar to the Coalition game we played from what I can remember, and on my agenda when I'm not busy with Easter stuff today is to go back and properly compare his play there to what I'm feeling here
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:39 pm

Post by implosion »

Klick, the problem is you haven't played with town me recently, you've only played with scum me so you're seeing an aspect of my game that is similar to that game and assuming it's alignment-indicative. I don't even disagree entirely that that aspect of my play is similar to coalition; I disagree a bit with it because I'm not
just
saying that I'm motivated by pressure. I'm also motivated by how available I am IRL. And by my mood. And by whether or not there happens to be interesting content (and there wasn't much early for me). Like, the weird-looking thing that I was attacking duck for has served as a hook for me to get more in to the game.

Like yeah, of course my posting will depend partially on the flow of the thread. It's a game of forum mafia. I'm more motivated to post things when there are more interesting things to analyze or react to or whatnot
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:43 pm

Post by implosion »

Like for instance I saw duck's posts a couple hours ago and considered responding to them but now you're giving me something that I feel I need to react to (because I think you're town, so I care about your opinion on me in the game) so I'm also going to go respond to those now. Could this be me being survivalistic as scum? Sure, in principle, but I think it's just as simple to explain with me being town.
In post 555, the worst wrote: this isn't very meta informed but scum tend to benefit from having limited insight & limiting the work they put into progressing the gamestate in a positive direction. to me it felt like you weren't throwing in many original thoughts and then the first original (or Bingle-inspired-original) thought felt kind of unnatural that's definitely a space where I'm looking for scum.
Yeah I don't think I'm especially good as a rule of thumb at progressing the gamestate d1. I can think of some specific cases where I've been able to (like a pyp game where I had one strong read that pushed the gamestate pretty strongly) but I think the average case for me as town d1 is to not really have a massive impact.

WRT my thoughts on Dann feeling unnatural, that could just be you ignoring the context of the last game I played with him. Or maybe you're just wrong. or scum. la de da.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:46 pm

Post by implosion »

ceejay ignoring me while I'm in the thread, while I'm professedly one of his top two scumreads, and while I'm at e-2, and while I have an outstanding question to him, and while a bunch of people are calling us the scumteam (though I guess that's leveled off somewhat) is annoying. Off chance that it's scum trying to make me look viably a partner although it's possible as either alignment he missed my post directed at him or decided not to respond for some other reason.

Klick, have you seen enough more from ceejay at this point to want to go more in depth?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:13 pm

Post by Klick »

I don't really dispute any of that but it feels like a tangent to the main thing I'm concerned about which is that you're using your playstyle (which I do definitely believe is influenced by several factors) as a survival method here in a way that's scum-indicative

I think what you're doing lines up surprisingly well with what you need to do
And that matches how I believe you operate as scum, based on observation and also based on what you've said about your own scum game
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:13 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 561, implosion wrote:Klick, have you seen enough more from ceejay at this point to want to go more in depth?
No
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:14 pm

Post by implosion »

Okay. How well do you think the way I'm playing lines up with how you think I'd be playing as town?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:22 pm

Post by Klick »

Pretty decently from my understanding

What do you think are the noticeable differences between your town and scum games?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:29 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 560, implosion wrote: Like for instance I saw duck's posts a couple hours ago and considered responding to them but now you're giving me something that I feel I need to react to (because I think you're town, so I care about your opinion on me in the game) so I'm also going to go respond to those now. Could this be me being survivalistic as scum? Sure, in principle, but I think it's just as simple to explain with me being town.
In post 555, the worst wrote: this isn't very meta informed but scum tend to benefit from having limited insight & limiting the work they put into progressing the gamestate in a positive direction. to me it felt like you weren't throwing in many original thoughts and then the first original (or Bingle-inspired-original) thought felt kind of unnatural that's definitely a space where I'm looking for scum.
Yeah I don't think I'm especially good as a rule of thumb at progressing the gamestate d1. I can think of some specific cases where I've been able to (like a pyp game where I had one strong read that pushed the gamestate pretty strongly) but I think the average case for me as town d1 is to not really have a massive impact.

WRT my thoughts on Dann feeling unnatural, that could just be you ignoring the context of the last game I played with him. Or maybe you're just wrong. or scum. la de da.
I don't know the game and it takes fairly specific circumstances for me to place any value in meta (namely I need to trust the player to have something fairly important and also townread that player lol) so I am ignoring the context of the last game. I sort of get what you're saying but my experience with Dann has me feeling like he's handling this game differently to how i perceive his scumgame.

The most jarring part of Dann's posting to me this game is that his conclusions are changing without visible working out but I don't think thats even out of character, I think it's just jarring because we are not in sync.

I don't feel much like this game is all that different from dann's towngame, I also don't feel phenomenally strongly about this but contrary meta evidence kind of just floats into the "eh" space in my soul
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:31 pm

Post by the worst »

hmmm

VOTE: cjv
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:34 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 562, Klick wrote: I don't really dispute any of that but it feels like a tangent to the main thing I'm concerned about which is that you're using your playstyle (which I do definitely believe is influenced by several factors) as a survival method here in a way that's scum-indicative

I think what you're doing lines up surprisingly well with what you need to do
And that matches how I believe you operate as scum, based on observation and also based on what you've said about your own scum game
I agree with this to an extent but I wonder if implosion *needs* to antagonise dann & myself specifically to survive, I don't think he can go after the low activity scummy slots but I wonder if there aren't better options

NM townlean makes no sense but maybe it actually just makes no sense enough
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:34 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 565, Klick wrote: Pretty decently from my understanding

What do you think are the noticeable differences between your town and scum games?
I actually think I don't have a good understanding of them (although now that i'm p-edited having written two paragraphs maybe that's not true lol). I felt like I was playing kind of mediocre at best in the coalition game we played; I think the other coalition game that I played ~half a year ago was about as good as my scumgame gets though, and that game kind of made me feel like my scum range is wider than i had thought it was.

I think one thing that maybe being scum with fireisredsir has made me realize is that I do tend to plan in the long term as scum; like in that other coalition game I had a particular set of ideas of how things would look over time and was making nightkills on n1 that were intended to set things up on d4. Obviously I don't have a specific long-term plan as town, so maybe it's possible to notice that. I think I'm less careful as town, I will filter what I say somewhat but significantly less so. I sometimes will avoid reading over my posts before clicking submit as scum specifically because I know I'd be less likely to do so as town, but in some cases will need to do so anyway.

I think there definitely are differences in posting patterns as well, they're just not what duck has been talking about. When I'm town I tend to try to work with people, abstractly; like one town game I worked a lot with aisa all game and in toriel's patience I sort of worked with mandate d1 though I had trouble continuing to work with anyone after mandate got replaced. The way that I commit to reads is probably pretty different; as both town and scum I can be a bit intransigent in certain reads in the late game but in a sort of different way, as scum it's more so because I've decided what my best path forward is and as town it's more because I have trouble abandoning something that i've felt strongly about for long enough, but I will still try to audit things. I'm also noncommittal as both but in different ways, as scum I can be intensely noncommittal sometimes because I'm trying to keep options open (I did this in the late game in our coalition game a
lot
; in fact in both coalition games where I was scum recently, I essentially refused to vote first in 3p eLo because I thought there was a chance I could earn the hammer and just wanted to play for the numbers). As town I'm noncommittal up until the point where I feel like I have to commit just because I don't trust myself, on d1 I'm gonna be pretty noncommittal as town just bc I don't trust my own reads but I'll have reads over time that are natural and reinforced through me continuing to audit the read and continue liking it

this is all probably not super useful right now on d1.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:36 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 568, the worst wrote: NM townlean makes no sense but maybe it actually just makes no sense enough
if this is about my NM townlean then like, that's entirely fair
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:36 pm

Post by implosion »

you can say that i'm calling NM null if that makes you feel better since NM was 4th from the bottom of my implied reads list
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:37 pm

Post by implosion »

I do feel like my reads are stagnating a lot right now which is annoying. Maybe I feel a bit better about Dann than I did last time I talked about how I feel about him, not for any strong reason related to him doing anything, moreso just mulling the read over in general.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:38 pm

Post by the worst »

You don't feel all that non-committal or collaborative in this game implo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

:shifty:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”