(micro 1101) mystery box of silver 16: tinkleton (it tinkled)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:55 pm

Post by Psyche »

also ausuka's 491 reminds of my scum strat in that one game you and i played together
You can't step in the same river twice.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:22 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 500, Psyche wrote: also ausuka's 491 reminds of my scum strat in that one game you and i played together
I do agree that is similar to your strat but also it's slightly less surprising when this game has been exceptionally slow moving
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:27 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 498, Gypyx wrote: Not like i'm opposed to the idea of taking a proper look at Ausuka (i've been coasting on my vibes for a while) but like, HPE's entrance isn't especially towny?

there's also this weird thing where it expresses a townread on Layla, when this slot is like, dead
This one knew Cakez was dead going in but did not remember Layla was also dead until it checked.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:44 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 500, Psyche wrote: also ausuka's 491 reminds of my scum strat in that one game you and i played together
what is this referring to
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:59 am

Post by Ausuka »

i agree with the first two points gypyx made about snow's early game. i also liked snow's early game. I think starting with was when he started to fall off for me. I think usually I might think it was too blatant, but since there was a whole discussion in this game about self-consciousness on the first few pages I don't really think that here. I think it's also not a super natural thought to have based on the thread's view of Deus, so it comes across as more cheeky-on-purpose than anything else?
In post 402, Snow2697 wrote: Cakez called Ausuka, Psyche and Layla as towns and Gypyx as scum. These four and Robert are ready to lim him.

So, on Cakez' own case he should be limmed. He should have a better excuse than to say that his role requires him not to be limmed for 2 full days.

I can also hammer if needed, but Psyche seems to want more information, so will wait for a while.
This is snow's biggest attempt at generating his own reads and like, i doubt scum!snow feels the need to make this post? Basically it's a bit too convoluted to be a fabrication by scum!snow when there was a lot of steps he could choose to go through before[/quote]
i somewhat disliked this post when i initially read it. looking at it again, i'm actually not sure i interpreted it correctly. @snow - what did you mean by 'on cakez' own case'?
In post 470, Gypyx wrote:
In post 396, Snow2697 wrote: Well. N2 watcher means that a player should leave for 2 full days and nights to report on D3 be helpful to the town, yes? When there are potentially 3 towns and 2 scums, so an ELo?
kinda mindmelded with that and like, i think scum!snow would be self conscious enough to *not* deliberately choose to copy what i've said previously
I don't think it was just you and snow who said something like this. i think it's a pretty obvious point to make and not one scum would be especially reluctant to repeat.

I think reading this has made me feel better about gypyx because I can kind of follow what she's saying and why. It's possible she calculated this for towncred or whatever but like I feel like most scum players in this situation just don't try to push to get someone who is not townread to be townread in this gamestate?

ok i did something i'll be back tonight after i finish the next project whoo
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:05 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 481, Psyche wrote: Okay! Hope any info prs are aware.

In the meantime, I think the only way we achieve confidence about aureal-town is through poe, or if she goes out of her way to lead a wagon that flips scum of course.
ignoring the part where you call me aureal, is the argument here really that just literally nothing i say can be townread

also if you're coming at my slot from this angle why would leading on scum clear me
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:15 am

Post by Psyche »

- not with the level of confidence i'd like to have in a poe, anyway

- i think you'd normally avoid bussing unless it felt obligated
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:17 am

Post by Psyche »

think scum gypx is capable of seeing the value in pushing a snowtown case at this step in the game though yeah it has town equity
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:22 am

Post by T3 »

I'm gonna be super active and tryhard
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:23 am

Post by T3 »

In post 508, T3 wrote: I'm gonna be super active and tryhard
Happy April Fools
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:24 am

Post by Psyche »

seems i have to move my townread bar up a little
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 507, Psyche wrote: think scum gypx is capable of seeing the value in pushing a snowtown case at this step in the game though yeah it has town equity
I think my scumgame is still as the level where i'm basically stumbling around but maybe i'd be able to do that yeah, if only for seeing the value in pushing a towncase i'd read as realistic
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:07 pm

Post by Political Clout »

In post 502, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 498, Gypyx wrote: Not like i'm opposed to the idea of taking a proper look at Ausuka (i've been coasting on my vibes for a while) but like, HPE's entrance isn't especially towny?

there's also this weird thing where it expresses a townread on Layla, when this slot is like, dead
This one knew Cakez was dead going in but did not remember Layla was also dead until it checked.
I might have been wrong about Robert I think scum in general are much more careful about what has happened in thread
Ya basic!
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:13 pm

In post 271, Layla wrote: If we have nothing to go off of, let us start again from the beginning. Back to the RVS we go.

VOTE: Ausuka

Team Mafia winner means too sweaty for this casual game.
sooooooooo true
In post 281, Ausuka wrote:
In post 255, Psyche wrote: klick's a she!
but yeah ive been lazy about the cakez thing
now that everyone has had a chance to weigh in on him there's no value at all in delaying a more detailed push
also uh is klick a she. i was very much not under that impression and they don't have any pronouns listed? is there a place they say this
imploring all MS users to use the pronouns feature
In post 289, T3 wrote:
In post 268, Layla wrote:
In post 259, T3 wrote: The stuff he's posted here has analysis and normal stuff
it doesn't feel like he's reaching or is fake like it felt like when it was scum with him
In post 122, SirCakez wrote: i am not coming back here for a bit this game is irritating me
In post 205, SirCakez wrote: i gotta reset this game what a mess
In post 235, SirCakez wrote: definitely struggling with this game, I know I gotta turn up the heat for y'all but I really need more to work with here to do that
Also this is towny
Also, I don’t find this particularly towny. Scum can be frustrated in that scenario just the same, or easily fake being frustrated. It’s pretty null for me.
I still think it comes from town more often than scum, especially , but sure
235 does strike me as a particularly towny post but its also an anomaly compared to his other posts. This one can definitely see why the Cakez wagon happened.
In post 295, Ausuka wrote: i feel like i should be trying to turn up the temperature somehow

i don't think there's much of anything to work with?? a lot of town players aren't giving reads and stuff so there's a lot of room for scum to hide, and that kind of perpetuates itself because it's hard for town players to get reads.

I will give a reads list in some attempt to rectify this.

Psyche
t3
layla
robert
snow
Clout
Gypyx
Sircakez

The gypyx take is probably the only fresh one? Her confidence just suddenly plummeted in a way I wasn't a massive fan of. Like idk in a vacuum I understand being like 'whatever I'm giving up my reads' and then not feeling super able to generate new ones, but she was so confident in solving the game super early and then that all evaporates after the deus drama? Idk I don't like it and it feels like she saw the game losing energy and just went along with it but went about it awkwardly
This one can kinda believe it on Gypyx here?
In post 336, Political Clout wrote: I liked layla's entrance but other than that it feels like they've fallen off. it might just be the gamestate though. mafia might just be comfortable here.
This suuuuuuuuuucks from PC imo. Do not think this assessment is congruent with when and what Layla was posting.
In post 354, Robert2424 wrote:
In post 333, Political Clout wrote:
In post 210, Robert2424 wrote:
In post 68, Deus Deceptor wrote: Consider that simple, concise set of *Language* a gift from the Evil Demon.

@ Robert2424 - Is your mafia partner SirCakez, then? Is what is known as a 'game' truly that simple to solve within the dream?
As smart as you think you are, guessing the duo of a mafia game, isn't unheard of and I've seen it firsthand. I don't know if SirCakez is mafia, but if he is, they are probably thankful I'm not his partner, as I've not been looking at this and responding as I should. This is kinda moot, but since I read everything since my last post, and didn't know Deus was getting replaced, I quoted some stuff.
In post 107, SirCakez wrote:
In post 82, Snow2697 wrote: Gypyx claims that she has solved the game.
Klick is about to do the same.
Is it too early for town player? If yes, everyone will solve it too.
they are talking shit no way they have the game solved already
I think they would do nothing but put it on loudspeaker and be proud. Talking shit just comes with that.
In post 151, Deus Deceptor wrote: Anyway I suspect Robert2424's absence is explainable by the fact that they don't have the heart and commitment to return

Let's just ignore the contingency issues where Gypyx and Political Clout are involved

If SirCakez had a spine they'd answer to the fact that their vote on me is the world's biggest copout, but I guess they're just going to feign being irritated as long as they can get away with pretending a proper game of mafia is a popularity contest and they don't have to have actual reasons to vote people other than 'I don't like them'.
I'm back luckily.
In post 182, Political Clout wrote: UNVOTE:
A bit shaky with your votes when questioned, then you didn't respond....

A bit of a reset happened and several players got replaced besides a few. so luckily I don't feel too far behind. however.....

Unvote

Vote Political Clout

This is at least a semi serous vote. but its day 1. he could surprise me.
wait what who questioned me? I unvoted before any questions happened and I did respond to layla when they asked me abou tit. are you just misunderstanding or lying?
Ausuka asked you to elaborate, you didn't and just unvoted. Unless I missed it after going back 3 times and still not seeing you elaborate.
Props to my predecessor for this one. No response from PC until... oh. He doesn't respond at all. Amazing.

DAY TWO!!!!!

Don't think Psyche is brazen enough to post as scum even if its a weird thing to say. PC hopping on wordlessly after T3 votes Psyche gives off a rather strong odor. This daystart is fucking confusing though and this one is putting a pin it for later, lost in the sauce with these page 18 Psyche posts. These page 18 and 19 posts in general actually ugh.

Also putting a pin in for after this one takes an iso looksee at snow.

Thaaaaat's about it for now it supposes! Definitely need to look more into PC in the earlygame since it kinda glossed over him but now that it's caught up PC wagon seems to be the way to go tbh. Previous readslist positions stand for now, but this one is confident enough to do this: VOTE: Political Clout

However it's gonna go take a walk or something before it does any of that! Would rather sit back and relax for a bit today but need to get my exercise in...

pedit: Reserving judgement on this PC post for when it looks closer because this feels towny but also a sudden turnaround on the Robert trajectory
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:15 pm

Also Gypyx will get her own special creature feature. Going to try so so hard to actually live up to my ISO analysis promises this game.
Get To Know A Doll
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:50 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 514, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Also Gypyx will get her own special creature feature. Going to try so so hard to actually live up to my ISO analysis promises this game.
Hype !

also we have 2 days 12 hours left

bottom text
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

still think PC-scum is hard to fit in with other possible scumreads
don't really see people weighing that sufficiently, and his play is not sufficiently scummy on its own to justify that
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:53 am

Post by Psyche »

ill be free starting around 10am but will eventually need to sleep
but big goal is to revisit and make cohesive my D2 stances so far before shifting into the deal-making
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:01 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 516, Psyche wrote: still think PC-scum is hard to fit in with other possible scumreads
don't really see people weighing that sufficiently, and his play is not sufficiently scummy on its own to justify that
need to think over that but i guess even if it was true it would not make me fully give up on scum PC

bottom text
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:13 am

Post by T3 »

In post 455, Psyche wrote:
In post 451, T3 wrote:
In post 425, Psyche wrote: okay! but can you elaborate on why? also, why am i having to ask you to elaborate on why
I think there would be self-doubt in your mind, if that makes sense? Tbh this does somewhat hinge on Gypyx being scum. Especially the wording "I just don't think I'll be able to shake" gives a different implication than what you had previously suggested
hmm in the post i think you're referring to, i was really trying to say that i didn't think i'd be able to stop scumreading cakez and trying to push him
No, I understand that.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:13 am

Post by T3 »

It just seems weird
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:01 am

Post by Psyche »

cmon you've gotta have more for a scumread than "it just seems weird" by noww
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:06 am

Post by Psyche »

sensing a level of understated dissonance between the "I do not buy this for a second" a while ago and the "It just seems weird" of this page
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:31 am

Post by schadd_ »