Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4950 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:19 am

Post by Kaguya Houraisan »

Like if I see 10/13 people following a pattern and an 11th that has a passive + active explicitly pointing out that she's breaking from a pattern I'm gonna assume there's a pattern there
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4951 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:22 am

nvm, Sanae's active doesn't specify the pattern is being broken, just her passive. Point still stands
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her please

Post Post #4952 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:22 am

Post by Marisa Kirisame »

In post 4950, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: Like if I see 10/13 people following a pattern and an 11th that has a passive + active explicitly pointing out that she's breaking from a pattern I'm gonna assume there's a pattern there
But you aren't. Not every person in those 10 actually has a hood.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4953 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:23 am

In post 4952, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 4950, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: Like if I see 10/13 people following a pattern and an 11th that has a passive + active explicitly pointing out that she's breaking from a pattern I'm gonna assume there's a pattern there
But you aren't. Not every person in those 10 actually has a hood.
I can read Sanae's flip

I know my PM

I trust Dai to be trueclaiming her PM

You'd be the odd one out in the hood pattern there
Koishi Komeiji
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Koishi Komeiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4954 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:23 am

Post by Koishi Komeiji »

Hoodless scrub here.
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4955 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:24 am

You are seeing 10 people who only half of which have a hood, and then you are claiming "10 people follow the format of having both a hood and another passive", it's just a misrepresentation of reality.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4956 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:24 am

In post 4953, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: I trust Dai to be trueclaiming her PM
To be clear, the alternative would be that Dai made up an extra passive for no reason if I wanna disbelieve Dai here
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4957 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:26 am

In post 4955, Marisa Kirisame wrote: You are seeing 10 people who only half of which have a hood, and then you are claiming "10 people follow the format of having both a hood and another passive", it's just a misrepresentation of reality.
3/4 hooded people who are in a hood from the start are confirmed to follow the Active/Passive/Hood Passive format, and the only one deviating is both claiming a flavor that would explain Sanae's Spellcard Block and also sus as hell already. Is that better for you?
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4958 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:33 am

Okay let's me explain what is annoying me if you are town, Kaguya

You are assuming the mods will intentionally format all role PMs the same way, and therefore that if you detect a pattern in reading role PMs then that pattern is the key to figuring out the mods' secret formula. The thing is that this assumption is wrong because the mods are a bunch of crazy bastards (with love, mods) who enjoy subverting any and all expectations regarding setup design. So while in general it may be true that most, or maybe even all, players got exactly one active, for instance (I mean I'd be upset if I didn't get any), I just don't think that you can take this assumption to the bank and say "yeah well these 5 people who flipped had either one passive or one passive and one hood passive so clearly that is the mods' philosophy and they care deeply to make sure that it works that way", because either they simply don't care enough about passives to count how many passives each person gets, or they will intentionally and mercilessly give people odd numbers of passives to throw the players off.
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4959 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:36 am

In post 4957, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: 3/4 hooded people who are in a hood from the start are confirmed to follow the Active/Passive/Hood Passive format, and the only one deviating is both claiming a flavor that would explain Sanae's Spellcard Block and also sus as hell already. Is that better for you?
First of all, yes. Second of all 3/4 isn't as compelling as 10/13 all of a sudden, is it? Third of all can you explain why am I even sus to you aside from mech? I asked you multiple times to give any non-mech thoughts and as far as I can tell you refused. In fact you wrote this:
In post 4744, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: I'm gonna look at how Marisa handled Sanae D2 vs Kaguya D3 in the morning
And then never did it apparently.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4960 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:38 am

To be clear: my scumread on you is a combination of mod spec with the passive, getting any sort of claim from you being like pulling teeth, and the parts of the claim you did give being something that I'd have expected you to use earlier instead of ELO when right now you're pushing someone who I know is town (me), as well as your flavor claim being a very good explanation for what'd otherwise be a very weird ability used on Sanae (where her Active went through but her Spellcard got blocked)
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4961 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:40 am

So if you are town do everyone a favor (not just me, Dai and Koishi are both also unhappy with this at the very least) and start talking about non-mech things.

Pedit: 90% of this is mech.
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4962 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:40 am

And I guess flavor spec but like, c'mon.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4963 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:41 am

In post 4960, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: getting any sort of claim from you being like pulling teeth
This especially. You can evidently play a pretty solid game even when sleep deprived, but fucking up a claim here gets you killed on the spot. Going brick wall mode when asked to claim by a conftown (like not even claiming your flavor) is pretty sussy
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4964 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:41 am

In post 4961, Marisa Kirisame wrote: So if you are town do everyone a favor (not just me, Dai and Koishi are both also unhappy with this at the very least) and start talking about non-mech things.

When did reads based off what you'd actually be doing if you had the PM you're claiming to have become mech
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4965 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:43 am

In post 4963, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: You can evidently play a pretty solid game even when sleep deprived
Hmm?
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4966 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:43 am

In post 4959, Marisa Kirisame wrote: Second of all 3/4 isn't as compelling as 10/13 all of a sudden, is it?
3/4 = 75%; 10/13 ~= 76.9%
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4967 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:44 am

In post 4965, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
In post 4963, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: You can evidently play a pretty solid game even when sleep deprived
Hmm?
You claimed to be sleep deprived from jet lag but also dropped a big case on me?
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4968 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:44 am

In post 4967, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 4965, Marisa Kirisame wrote:
Hmm?
You claimed to be sleep deprived from jet lag but also dropped a big case on me?
I never said I was sleep deprived? I said I was jet lagged...
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4969 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:45 am

Does jet lag not cause sleep deprivation?
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4970 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:46 am

Whatever, this is the kind of response you'd give as both scum and town so it's not really useful for sorting
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4971 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:48 am

Can you explain why you decided not to use the guilty generator until ELO?

If not, can you claim right now if it'll be obvious after the reveal why you decided not to use the guilty generator until ELO?
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4972 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:00 am

In post 4964, Kaguya Houraisan wrote:
In post 4961, Marisa Kirisame wrote: So if you are town do everyone a favor (not just me, Dai and Koishi are both also unhappy with this at the very least) and start talking about non-mech things.

When did reads based off what you'd actually be doing if you had the PM you're claiming to have become mech
In post 4960, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: To be clear: my scumread on you is a combination of mod spec with the passive, getting any sort of claim from you being like pulling teeth, and the parts of the claim you did give being something that I'd have expected you to use earlier instead of ELO when right now you're pushing someone who I know is town (me), as well as your flavor claim being a very good explanation for what'd otherwise be a very weird ability used on Sanae (where her Active went through but her Spellcard got blocked)
Are you saying I should have used my spellcard beforehand? Because no it isn't a cop shot and unfortunately I have only one shot of it and it would be realistically best used now and not earlier. And I don't even know since when it is scummy to not claim an ability that loses utility when claimed. Such as, for instance, claiming vanilla cop before everyone else has claimed, alerting mafia PRs not to claim vanilla and mafia goons not to claim PR.

Also, if you are so married to spell/spell/active/passive:
I have a confirmed active that targeted two different players. I have a confirmable spell and my other spell (the one that can generate guilties and/or innos) is semi confirmable. So unless you admit the mods could be violating that formula and then just drop that silly case, I can prove that I did not in fact roleblock Sanae.
Marisa Kirisame
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Marisa Kirisame
she/her please
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4973 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 am

In post 4971, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: If not, can you claim right now if it'll be obvious after the reveal why you decided not to use the guilty generator until ELO?
It will be obvious.
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4974 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:04 am

In post 4972, Marisa Kirisame wrote: Also, if you are so married to spell/spell/active/passive:
I have a confirmed active that targeted two different players. I have a confirmable spell and my other spell (the one that can generate guilties and/or innos) is semi confirmable. So unless you admit the mods could be violating that formula and then just drop that silly case, I can prove that I did not in fact roleblock Sanae.
If you come into ELO with a guilty or an inno you can't actually prove you didn't roleblock Sanae because the game becomes a 1v1

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”