open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 8:27 am

Post by implosion »

I can say from recent experience being scum in a coalition game where both scum were on the outs, I think there isn't really an obvious way to play that situation frankly. Every option feels pretty bad in that moment. I wouldn't really expect scum to act in any way in particular, i think it'd depend a lot on the person and the game. I ultimately decided to support an all-town coalition in the hopes that my scumbuddy would get in and that the associatives would pay off later because i thought i was never getting on it.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 8:31 am

Post by implosion »

I also do wish ceejay would show some more consistency in participating, I think I've seen glimpses from him that make me want to at least consider him as a coalition member but certainly nothing to the point where I actually want to include him on it yet

like his most post I think maybe comes from town more often than scum, in tone and in content, but like, that's not a super concrete thing
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 9:02 am

Post by May »

In post 448, Black wrote:
In post 443, May wrote:
In post 441, Black wrote:
In post 434, May wrote:
In post 432, Black wrote:
In post 430, Moros wrote: i think that tired person making the case that may is town while both of them are on the outskirts of being included in coalitions is more likely to be town behavior.
I don't really agree, and I think it makes a lot of sense if the solve is just TP/May
I want to hear your logic for this
Well if you and tp are scum then one of you has to make the coalition to avoid losing the game, so I think dropping a TR on you makes sense
Does town reading a player but refusing to coalition them improve their odds of getting called at all? I'd expect the reverse effect but I guess it matters what to would expect and it's a secret alt with four posts so hard for me to know
I think it's scummy that he townreads you but didn't include you. We need to hear from him regarding why he did that
It's a scummy desync, but it's acknowledgement I've been acting townie but then leaving me out to grab consensus slots and scum partners but you seem to hate me so much this game it's "may is scum with tp!"
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 9:13 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:
Brad Woodfin - Herta, 2023 - Oil on panel

vote count 1.5 !

coalition votes:

Tsawwassen:
Black, Moros, Tsawwassen, implosion, Umlaut
Umlaut:
Umlaut, Tsawwassen, implosion, Black, Moros
Aventurine:
Aventurine, Tsawwassen, Black, implosion, Moros
Moros:
Tsawwassen, implosion, Black, Moros, Aventurine
implosion:
implosion, Umlaut, Black, Moros, Aventurine
Black:
Umlaut, implosion, Black, Moros, Aventurine
ceejayvinoya:
ceejayvinoya, implosion, Umlaut, Black, Moros
May:
Black, May, Moros, implosion, Tsawwassen
tired person:
Tsawwassen, Aventurine, Black

execution votes:
(these have no effect until after the coalition phase is over, but i'll keep track of them)

not voting (9):
tired person, Black, Aventurine, ceejayvinoya, Moros, May, Tsawwassen, implosion, Umlaut

with 9 alive, it takes 5 of the same vote to propose a coalition. the coalition phase ends in (expired on 2024-05-07 07:07:25).

moderateur notes
  • gurg
  • b
    urpger
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 9:15 am

Post by Black »

In post 452, May wrote:
In post 448, Black wrote:
In post 443, May wrote:
In post 441, Black wrote:
In post 434, May wrote:
In post 430, Moros wrote: i think that tired person making the case that may is town while both of them are on the outskirts of being included in coalitions is more likely to be town behavior.
I don't really agree, and I think it makes a lot of sense if the solve is just TP/May
I want to hear your logic for this
Well if you and tp are scum then one of you has to make the coalition to avoid losing the game, so I think dropping a TR on you makes sense
Does town reading a player but refusing to coalition them improve their odds of getting called at all? I'd expect the reverse effect but I guess it matters what to would expect and it's a secret alt with four posts so hard for me to know
I think it's scummy that he townreads you but didn't include you. We need to hear from him regarding why he did that
It's a scummy desync, but it's acknowledgement I've been acting townie but then leaving me out to grab consensus slots and scum partners but you seem to hate me so much this game it's "may is scum with tp!"
I don't hate you. I was just explaining why this could make sense in a scum!you/tp world
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Post by Black »

I think I have a hard time reading you tbh. I've gone back and forth about putting you in my coalition even though that isn't apparent from my posting. I don't always post every thought I have
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 9:25 am

Post by May »

Both you and implosion would be easier to read if you were like "here is this thing from May that might be towny/scummy but I might be off on this" instead of "here's my weekly acknowledgement that May is a Picasso painting. HEAL: elsewhere. Moros and Tsawassen have done the former some it helps.
I liked your early play a lot but I don't have many recent reasons to sort you town
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 9:26 am

Post by May »

I guess if those two only Moros expressed uncertainty but you know what I mean
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:08 am

Post by tired person »

In post 431, Black wrote:
In post 425, tired person wrote: i think may is town because of her complete disregard to being townread and also just an overall lack of positioning attempts.
In post 428, tired person wrote: HURT: all
HEAL: taswassen, aventurine, black
Two questions. Why did you not put May in your coalition? And considering you townread May due to her not trying to get townread, what do you think of me actively trying to get townread?
i changed my coalition vote because i looked at the vc and tried to see how i could vote a coalition that's actually viable. may isn't very viable right now especially with how tas responded to my suggestion and she was one of my weaker townreads anyway compared to you and aventurine.
i actually townread you
because
you're trying to get townread, among other things. it (as well as other things you did like questioning people) read as genuine.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:09 am

Post by tired person »

it's interesting because i had the exact same thought as black here, that what moros is pointing out would make us partnered if anything.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:15 am

Post by tired person »

In post 438, May wrote: I think I fundamentally disagree that approaching coalition games with a decreased interest in finding scum is the strongest way to win the setup

That formula is
You don't actually find 5 town because the easiest way to find town is watching townies hunt scum
The coalition fails, even if you don't believe point one, most do
All of your favorite town reads get mercked to the sky by NKs because everyone has gotten very public and confbiased about their strongest town reads
You make the entire setup divide and conquer but worse
i agree with may. may, who do you think is scum?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:28 am

Post by tired person »

i think there's one scum in umlaut, implosion, moros(???). this is a game state read based on the following facts:
-the consensus townreads seem to be in umlaut, implosion, moros, black, aventurine, and tas (this is based on the vc).
-i know i'm not scum (and i'm not in it)
-i feel like scum is happy with the gamestate considering how little fighting there is right now to shake up the game or to get townread. if may is scum which i don't really think she is then she's putting too little fight imo to be mafia with ceejay.
-i strongly townread black, aventurine and tas, and have ruled them out.
considering that they seem to be in every coalition, it's very likely the coalition will fail. unless we change it. what do we change it to i don't know yet, which is why i only voted for 3 people not 5.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:39 am

Post by tired person »

In post 449, implosion wrote:
In post 421, tired person wrote: tas how do you feel about the following, drastically different coalition?
tired person, black, tas, aventurine, may
Also what the hecking heck is this question? Is this a real serious question? Did you genuinely think there was any possibility that Tsawwassen would answer in the affirmative, if so why given the coalition that they'd just said they thought was good and if not then why ask it?
i asked because i wanted to.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:42 am

Post by tired person »

just to be clear: i still want to have may in the coalition. i am not voting her for the same reason i'm not voting myself, which is that i want to find a coalition that other players will actually agree to.
I'm tired.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:44 am

Post by Moros »

i think the only team that seems unlikely to me based on your logic is you and ceejay. i think ceejay might have fought harder to change things if that was the case, although he might also just wait for the replacement. may only recently lost standing. everyone besides ceejay and you have been in contention, i think.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:57 am

Post by Moros »

Moros
implosion
Tsawwassen
Aventurine
Black
May
tired person
Umlaut
ceejayvinoya
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:09 am

Post by Black »

In post 456, May wrote: Both you and implosion would be easier to read if you were like "here is this thing from May that might be towny/scummy but I might be off on this" instead of "here's my weekly acknowledgement that May is a Picasso painting. HEAL: elsewhere. Moros and Tsawassen have done the former some it helps.
I liked your early play a lot but I don't have many recent reasons to sort you town
Yeah I wish I could give you a better reason. It's straight up gut. That's why I've gone back and forth. You might just be too null for me to put in but we'll see. I don't feel like I have a particularly good grasp on the game
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 11:20 am

Post by Black »

HURT: Umlaut
HEAL: Tsawwassen

e-2?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:28 pm

Post by May »

In post 460, tired person wrote:
In post 438, May wrote: I think I fundamentally disagree that approaching coalition games with a decreased interest in finding scum is the strongest way to win the setup

That formula is
You don't actually find 5 town because the easiest way to find town is watching townies hunt scum
The coalition fails, even if you don't believe point one, most do
All of your favorite town reads get mercked to the sky by NKs because everyone has gotten very public and confbiased about their strongest town reads
You make the entire setup divide and conquer but worse
i agree with may. may, who do you think is scum?
Umlaut's activity pattern relative to his standing is very eyebrows, but you can't say much more than that, which might be the point.

That's commenting on a development that's more recent than significant, significance wise I think ceejay is the worst slot in the game by a lot.

Beyond that I think it's you or aventurine. It's great that you're correctly calling me town against the grain for little benefit but you're also correctly calling me town against the grain for little benefit, jellyfishing so hard you neither pull yourself into coal nor push me into coal is ignoring the wincon in a town rolepm pickup beyond the pale.
You even said your pred was townie, which I and I think another player or two has expressed, but still don't want in.
This would add up to more disdain than aventurine or umlaut if I did not have a handful of things I liked for cutter B's posts
Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Townie

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:29 pm

Post by Aventurine »

Wow!!!! I haven't messaged you all since last month!!!
Anyways, catch up soon. I saw this gif and I remembered that this game existed.
Spoiler:
Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:30 pm

Post by Aventurine »

wait I'm stupid, I literally posted yesterday.
Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Townie

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:30 pm

Post by Aventurine »

Nevermind. Ignore me.
Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:32 pm

Post by Aventurine »

In post 389, Black wrote:
In post 388, Aventurine wrote:
In post 386, Black wrote:
In post 384, Aventurine wrote: In my current coalition, I feel the worst about Tsawwassen. Not that I feel bad about Tsawwassen, I’m just the least confident on that end.
Do you think Implosion and I are town now?
Yes
Would you mind going into your thought process a little there
I'm convinced by Implosion's posts and I think I'm willing to believe that you're town here, and so by extension I'm willing to put implosion into the coalition because they have generally shown town traits, and was only excluded to begin with because I scumread you.
Aventurine
Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Aventurine
it/he
Townie

Townie

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:32 pm

Post by Aventurine »

Also I don't think you and implosion are partnered anymore tbh
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:42 pm

Post by May »

I'm pocketed. Sorry to anyone who wanted the spot in the coalition thats going to aventurine

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”