open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:48 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1078, implosion wrote:
In post 1076, Moros wrote: obviously they are not. but im not sure how to tell where i was wrong.
Well yes i understand this, but presumably you have reasons for each individual in the coalition for why you think that they are town, even knowing that one or more of those reasons are wrong. I'd like to know what those chief reasons are in the current state of where your head is at, without you having reread it. It doesn't have to be in depth, just like, a sentence or two on each person.
i would also lika that, moros
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:49 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1087, experience wrote: i think i might reread last coalition games to compare implo's play, both times.
did u do that?
I'm tired.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:33 pm

Post by the worst »

my wim went from 100 to 0 and I've had the irl things going on

I don't think I care about any of my reads rn can someone tell me which ones were right
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2024 11:58 pm

Post by experience »

In post 1101, tired person wrote:
In post 1087, experience wrote: i think i might reread last coalition games to compare implo's play, both times.
did u do that?
today ended up much more busier than expected. i'll get it done soon.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:17 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1094, experience wrote:
In post 1092, DArby wrote: Left for a bit but I’m now halfway through. Really enjoying reading aventurine and hope to play with him sometime.

Still have no idea what the end coalition was but I had scum read on May and Ceejay but tp’s 461 is such a good post that I had to stop and reconsider my opinion. Hope to be caught up by the end of the night but we’ll see.
may's in the coalition if you're interested.
Genuinely so sad I was spoiled but that’s what I get for jumping back here before I was finished.

Thanks for the heads up.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:30 am

Post by DArby »

Since I’m allowing myself to be spoiled, Ive looked at the most recent VC. I do not agree with it and think I’ll go somewhere else. I’m not sure if other information has been presented but just seemed odd coming from town and I feel some of their other logic is not gelling with my idea of town.

VOTE: The worst
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:32 am

Post by Black »

In post 1105, DArby wrote: Since I’m allowing myself to be spoiled, Ive looked at the most recent VC. I do not agree with it and think I’ll go somewhere else. I’m not sure if other information has been presented but just seemed odd coming from town and I feel some of their other logic is not gelling with my idea of town.

Do you think voting outside of the coalition is a good idea?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:10 am

Post by implosion »

@Black:
In post 1082, implosion wrote: Black, where's the current strength of your Moros townread coming from? You mentioned that it was reinforced by the sequence around the coalition being hammered, what about that do you find strong town? And what is your current stance on tired person, you said you'd consider arguments about them but where are you at in general there?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:15 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1099, tired person wrote:
In post 1068, implosion wrote: actually fuck it.

VOTE: Moros

Maybe the pattern of early lingering townread is actually something that's really scum indicative. rubs me the wrong way. It feels very waters testing, it reads as a really 1 dimensional view of the game, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. tired person's posting is generally not bad right now.
i'm not of one mind regarding this vote. on the one hand i think as scum, implosion would know that there seems to be a lot of resistance to voting me (and that black and may seem to be hard to fade) so might just be taking the most "politically viable" (to use his own words) fade here. on the other hand, if implosion is town then the scum in the coalition is almost certainly moros. what i really want to know is:

why do u suddenly townread me? i thought u had me quite low all game and objected to having me in the coalition.
There are some aspects of your recent play that have upped my evaluation of you to a degree; I like the lines of questions you've been presenting me, I think you as scum have not
that
much incentive to appeal to me specifically because we're at odds and gamestate makes it look like I get faded before you most of the time. There's also just the fact that your reads are very similar to mine apart from our reads on each other.

I wanted to start this paragraph by saying I don't
really
townread you but maybe I actually do because it sure feels like you're the only person making an effort to solve the game right now >_>
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:15 am

Post by Black »

In post 1082, implosion wrote: Black, where's the current strength of your Moros townread coming from? You mentioned that it was reinforced by the sequence around the coalition being hammered, what about that do you find strong town?
I had a distinct gut feeling about its posting/solving the coalition situation near the end of it. I would have to go back and look to point out what it was specifically and I can do that in a sec. In the grand scheme of things it's not that strong since it's only gut but I remember feeling really good about it at the time
In post 1082, implosion wrote: And what is your current stance on tired person, you said you'd consider arguments about them but where are you at in general there?
I think tired could be scum. I haven't really gotten the chance to look there tbh. The May/implosion stuff wore me out and I've been busy this weekend. I'll get around to it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:20 am

Post by Black »

In post 871, Moros wrote: i don't understand why that's given as a reason to reject a coalition that has wide support.
In post 879, Moros wrote: the worst, does it concern you that experience is voting for this and aventurine has expressed support for it?
In post 891, Moros wrote: well now it's definitely wrong.
In post 892, Moros wrote: i wasn't sure but i thought that if there was a worst and tsawwassen team then the worst's only option was to vote and hope it scared people off. and if he was town it was more likely he would be concerned by his scumreads supporting it.
In post 893, Moros wrote: now there's 3 people who aren't in the coalition voting for the coalition.
In post 898, Moros wrote: it's possible if it's the worst/aventurine but that pairing doesn't make sense to me.
In post 903, Moros wrote: the only way it isn't wrong is if experience or the worst are scum who voted for it to try to scare people away. i think that made sense to me when i thought it was the worst/tsawwassen, but since you hammered it that obviously isn't the case. i don't think the other possibilities make sense.
In post 911, Moros wrote: it's a lot more possible if tsawwassen is scum who didn't realize they hammered and the "welp" is "we just lost".
I understand that a lot of this is simple mech talk that could come from scum but it just reads as genuine to me. We mindmelded in the first quote a bit. The rest of it felt like Moros was thinking about the ramifications of everything in real time
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:22 am

Post by Black »

Things just seem to be coming to Moros naturally. It could be scum but I think there are much better options today
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:23 am

Post by Black »

In post 1108, implosion wrote: it sure feels like you're the only person making an effort to solve the game right now
???
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:23 am

Post by Black »

The fuck?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:24 am

Post by Black »

You may not like the solving coming from May, Moros, DArby, myself, etc etc but to say tired person is the only one solving is a wild statement. Feels extremely pockety even
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:34 am

Post by implosion »

it was an exaggeration out of frustration

you've felt very tunneled on a specific worldview for several pages; it's not that you're not trying to solve but you feel very hard to work with. DArby is doing stuff of course but hasn't really engaged with the important part of the game, i.e. the coalition, yet. And May is doing stuff.

Moros has not actually done any solving since the coalition formed. experience keeps saying they're going to give stuff and hasn't really yet. Tsawwassen hasn't really done anything other than vote me and say the rest of the coalition looks townier to them. Like surely you can see why this is frustrating to me
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:34 am

Post by implosion »

and worst is by his own admission not doing stuff
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:52 am

Post by Black »

In post 1115, implosion wrote: you've felt very tunneled on a specific worldview for several pages; it's not that you're not trying to solve but you feel very hard to work with
I could be a little tunnelled but I would argue that I'm still engaging/sorting outside of you/May

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea I'm hard to work with but I feel like I'm being pretty cooperative. I couldn't do anything with your meta read and that's pretty much all you've engaged with me about
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:55 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1106, Black wrote:
In post 1105, DArby wrote: Since I’m allowing myself to be spoiled, Ive looked at the most recent VC. I do not agree with it and think I’ll go somewhere else. I’m not sure if other information has been presented but just seemed odd coming from town and I feel some of their other logic is not gelling with my idea of town.

Do you think voting outside of the coalition is a good idea?
One of my most recent notes I wrote was that was a good point.

On my list but for another day I suppose.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: May
Tho Moros seems interesting reading up.

I have opinions on everyone except Exp, but I can’t tell if that’s a me thing or not.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:55 am

Post by implosion »

I guess maybe "making an effort to solve the game" is the wrong thing to say; a more precise thing is "making a real effort to engage with and sort me". Like, I think (not going to go back and check) tired person has asked me 100% of the questions i've been asked in the past maybe 10 pages.

You've been interacting with me but it's felt like I can do no right by you in this game recently. Particularly in the context of the game we just played together where we (very oversimplifiedly) misread each other, I feel like I've found you as town in this game and am frustrated that you're refusing to find me as town. You said you think it's me+May and you feel very tunneled on that. I went on my tangent about my meta and you misconstrued it as me arguing i'm not in my scum meta and attacked that argument (I don't really blame you for this, i was being sort of obtuse but still), and you sniped at 1074. Apart from those you haven't really engaged with me outside of me actively forcing you to. You haven't asked me any questions, I had to ask you twice about Moros. You don't really feel like you're actively trying to sort me - you feel like you have already sorted me as scum, which like, fair enough but i think it's also fair enough for me to feel annoyed by trying to work with you, who i think is town who has already sorted me as scum and isn't seeing the light.

Half the game (Moros, Tsawwassen, experience, duck) has not posted real analytical content in... well, Tsawwassen made 36 hours ago which counts but is pretty minimal. Beyond that there's been nothing since Thursday which, maybe it's just a slow weekend.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:57 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1118, DArby wrote: I have opinions on everyone except Exp, but I can’t tell if that’s a me thing or not.
My opinion on experience is 100% lingering read from their predecessor + statistics of them being off coalition; i have no idea how to read their play so far.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 6:59 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1112, Black wrote:
In post 1108, implosion wrote: it sure feels like you're the only person making an effort to solve the game right now
???
I do appreciate this reaction though, i think the way i'm playing right now you'd probably not really feel this strongly about this statement as scum who knows i'm town possibly. so more reason to think you're town which is nice.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:01 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1110, Black wrote:
In post 871, Moros wrote: i don't understand why that's given as a reason to reject a coalition that has wide support.
In post 879, Moros wrote: the worst, does it concern you that experience is voting for this and aventurine has expressed support for it?
In post 891, Moros wrote: well now it's definitely wrong.
In post 892, Moros wrote: i wasn't sure but i thought that if there was a worst and tsawwassen team then the worst's only option was to vote and hope it scared people off. and if he was town it was more likely he would be concerned by his scumreads supporting it.
In post 893, Moros wrote: now there's 3 people who aren't in the coalition voting for the coalition.
In post 898, Moros wrote: it's possible if it's the worst/aventurine but that pairing doesn't make sense to me.
In post 903, Moros wrote: the only way it isn't wrong is if experience or the worst are scum who voted for it to try to scare people away. i think that made sense to me when i thought it was the worst/tsawwassen, but since you hammered it that obviously isn't the case. i don't think the other possibilities make sense.
In post 911, Moros wrote: it's a lot more possible if tsawwassen is scum who didn't realize they hammered and the "welp" is "we just lost".
I understand that a lot of this is simple mech talk that could come from scum but it just reads as genuine to me. We mindmelded in the first quote a bit. The rest of it felt like Moros was thinking about the ramifications of everything in real time
Personally it’s why I’m interested in Moros today if May doesn’t work out, although I feel I couldn’t word it like that until you posted this. It looks like helpful mech related busytalk.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:06 am

Post by Black »

In post 1119, implosion wrote: Apart from those you haven't really engaged with me outside of me actively forcing you to. You haven't asked me any questions, I had to ask you twice about Moros.
Part of this is me thinking you are the type of scum player that can easily talk their way out of being faded. I don't think interrogating you will help me sort you

The other part is just that I've been busy. The time I did have to play on Thurs/Fri was spent looking over the game to confirm my suspicions and then I'm always V/LA on weekends. I realize if you're town then obviously you want to correct my read asap but it just isn't always that easy
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:09 am

Post by Black »

In post 404, implosion wrote: I think I intensely have no idea how to read May.
In post 405, implosion wrote: I think in the abstract I broadly feel like May's posting is more likely to come from town than from scum and I'm sure I could find examples to justify feeling that way but I don't know how confident I feel in it
In post 477, implosion wrote: I think at this precise point in time I'd be partial to myself, black, may, moros, aventurine.
I'm not sure if you've addressed this but what happened between the first two posts and the third that made you feel comfortable enough with your May read to put her in?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”