populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by populartajo »

Corv wrote:So how could this situation not be auto-lose for scum? If Crazy is a scum thief, steals a cops' bulletproofness, mirth doesn't protect the right one or fails and the NK goes through.

Then we start tomorrow with 1 dead cop... who are virtually all but confirmed now so guess what, our odds didn't improve AT ALL.
Well if a cop is dead tomorrow then its pretty obvious that Crazy stole that bulletproof vest you have and that he is scum. We lynch him win another day of investigations and such.
Think in another bad scenario and Ill tell you what we are going to do tomorrow. In all cases, we STILL have more chances to win than today. And in all possible bad cases, we would at least have a result from a cop (guilty or innocent), that pretty much gives us more advantage than today.
Corv, READ THIS, we have ideas, we have suspicions BUT we dont have certainty someone is 100% scum. If we lynch Crazy or whoever and for some reason and that person isnt scum, then WE LOSE.
If we no lynch, then we DONT LOSE and we COULD have more information than now, increasing our odds of winning this game. Ive already proven that there is no more than 1 NK and you are in the same line of thought about Mirth and her not being a killing doc. So, what could possibly go wrong?
Im not saying we end this day right now. We could keep asking questions, attacking, defending, etc. Im saying that it would be ext retarded to lynch someone we ARENT sure is scum instead of maximizing our odds tomorrow. Even Korlash has admitted that he could be wrong about Crazy and that he could support a no lynch that isnt a bad option if we dont have ENOUGH degree of certainty someone is scum.
And I think you are reading too much into SG flavor. She is esentially confirmed miller since of both Corpo and SG, she was always the most prob real one for reasons in D1. I would like that you reread more about farside and StrangerCoug and tell me what do you think of them.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by Corvuus »

This is from Mana_ku/Corporate, the only proven miller.
Mana_Ku wrote:I'm a miller, not a death miller and I have flavor.
As said by Tajo:
We can start by the flavour to know if he's lying. Everybody has flavor in their roles, right?
I have flavour in my role and it would be strange if the other miller doesn't have any flavour. That's why I asked the mod if my summary was good enough. FL just PM'ed me that it was fine (she guessed :)). So here is a little summary:
summary Mana's role PM wrote:Miller: You do some stuff at night to stop the players who are out to get you. This makes you suspicious to the cops if investigated.
The word investigate is specifically there, and heck, Tajo specifically mentioned (i forget which post # but I could go look it up) that his post specifically does not have the word investigate. You both claim that your PMs and such are same/similar or whatever, but there are other problems with it as well.

I could keep going on it, but it isn't 100% important right now. I just think your post when you say the word 'investigation' isn't that important due to paraphrasing and then you mentioned earlier in post #1369 that his does mention investigation but I guess that could be confusion and such. hmm, questions questions.

Corv
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Checked my (actual) PM. It does say investigate(d). Last word. Bleh, I was looking at my notes (because my inbox is too full so I'm keeping my role PMs in the note section of the section) and read over my flavour claim, thinking it was my PM.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Thing is, if we NL we could potentially lose (somehow?) and tommorow we would have to lynch, and if we get it wrong it's over. I guess, NL is a better possibility then mislynching today and losing. :/
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by populartajo »

ShadowGirl wrote:Thing is, if we NL we could potentially lose (somehow?) and tommorow we would have to lynch, and if we get it wrong it's over. I guess, NL is a better possibility then mislynching today and losing. :/
Finally someone listens to what Im saying.
Thats why I love you. <3 Thx for this.
Call me Tajo.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

populartajo wrote:
ShadowGirl wrote:Thing is, if we NL we could potentially lose (somehow?) and tommorow we would have to lynch, and if we get it wrong it's over. I guess, NL is a better possibility then mislynching today and losing. :/
I love you too. <3 You know, the more I play with you, the less crazy/better player you seem.

The only thing I'm wary about is Crazy. I mean, sure, maybe he isn't lying about his role. Doesn't mean he's town. Maybe he's the anti-death miller role to counterbalance it for scum. (Even though three millers is kinda sucky.)
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by populartajo »

ShadowGirl wrote:
populartajo wrote:
I love you too. <3 You know, the more I play with you, the less crazy/better player you seem.

The only thing I'm wary about is Crazy. I mean, sure, maybe he isn't lying about his role. Doesn't mean he's town. Maybe he's the anti-death miller role to counterbalance it for scum. (Even though three millers is kinda sucky.)
You may have a point.
But there is something that doesnt fit. He says he steals items but farside and Coug have no items. Mirth, if we believe her as a power role, says that she even as a doctor doesnt have one. What item could Crazy steal of them? SG, do you have an item?
Taking also in count that Crazy is posting in the site and not here.
Mod, prod Crazy plz.
Call me Tajo.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

-checks PM- -makes sure it's actual PM- Okay, no mention of any items/objects.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod, prod Crazy plz.
I checked, and he has a little less than 24 hours left. But I'll prod him, it just won't count against him.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Korlash »

Corv wrote:Kor: why doesn't it happen? i mean, having a result on a dead player?
*shrugs* That's just how most mods do it. Checking out Death Note mafia you'll notice the fact the mod gave the cop an investigation on a dead player (and on a gf) was a big reason town lost. In my opinion, giving an investigation result on a dead player gives a player extra information (regarding sanity) and mods shouldn't do that. (As in the person's role will be revealed "technically" at the same time the cop gets the info. Thiswould automatically tell the cop is he is sane/naive or paranoid/insane.) This game is a little different as sanities are a big issue already... Not to mention the roles, and of course that haiku ruleing... I guess I can accept Forbiddan is a little unorthadox...

Still... In more games then not a cop won't recieve a result on a dead player...
Pop wrote:Corv, READ THIS, we have ideas, we have suspicions BUT we dont have certainty someone is 100% scum. If we lynch Crazy or whoever and for some reason and that person isnt scum, then WE LOSE.
And yet, up until now you have been pushing we lynch people with innocent cop investigations on them... you didn't seem to interested in the fact we might lose then...
Pop wrote:If we no lynch, then we DONT LOSE and we COULD have more information than now, increasing our odds of winning this game. Ive already proven that there is no more than 1 NK and you are in the same line of thought about Mirth and her not being a killing doc. So, what could possibly go wrong?
You haven't proven jack. The mod herself disproves your evidence. The more you push this the more I'm liking the crazy lynch...
pop wrote:Even Korlash has admitted that he could be wrong about Crazy and that he could support a no lynch that isnt a bad option if we dont have ENOUGH degree of certainty someone is scum.
No I said I would support a no lynch if the rest of the town did. Just because we ight not get to a certain degree of certainty of something doesn't auto mean everyone will accept a no lynch. it really doesn't matter all that much sure, but I hate people putting words in my mouth is all. Just keeping things clear...
Pop wrote:And I think you are reading too much into SG flavor. She is esentially confirmed miller since of both Corpo and SG, she was always the most prob real one for reasons in D1. I would like that you reread more about farside and StrangerCoug and tell me what do you think of them.
Really? I thought Corp was the more real one. Wasn't he the first to claim his flavor?
SG wrote:Thing is, if we NL we could potentially lose (somehow?) and tommorow we would have to lynch, and if we get it wrong it's over. I guess, NL is a better possibility then mislynching today and losing. :/
All things considered, I'd rather lose today then lose tomorrow. Why bother with an extra night if the outcome is the same. Before anyone decides on a no lynch they need to ask themselves "Do they feel someone is likely scum enough that they have very little doubt any night actions will clear them?" if the answer is yes then why no ynch? if it is no... well like pop says, we still have time before the day ends.
pop wrote:But there is something that doesnt fit. He says he steals items but farside and Coug have no items. Mirth, if we believe her as a power role, says that she even as a doctor doesnt have one. What item could Crazy steal of them? SG, do you have an item?
Most thiefs steal a metiphorical item. such as a badge from a cop, a stethescope from a doctor, weapon from scum, or something plain from regular townies. It usually doesn't effect the role he stole (as in he wouldn't steal a cops NK immunity) he would simply steal our "identity" for the time being. (Role theifs would that is, regular theifs would be told the item they stole) As his ability also claims to RB... well... Then I highly doubt even more so his ability steals any item from the player that said player actually knows about.

But all this is moot as I don't believe his role.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Corvuus »

I could make a big post analyzing every possible scenario for who was the NK and what actually happened... but no.

You won't convince me that no lynch is "THE NECESSARY" move. If we were (i don't think we are) utterly clueless when deadline comes then I may consider it.

Baring that, any real attempt at voting no lynch right now, I won't agree to.

---

On a sidenote, I'm tired of the miller claims, talk, pms and such. I am so-so on SG but I still feel Tajo is lying.

Tajo-Crazy -> our flavor are similar since our items are searched upon death.

SG/Juls/ManaKu/Corporate (millers) -> we act suspiciously at night is the main link. The semantics part of investigation word or not, is part of it since Tajo is interesting about it but Tajo's claim just "There could be cops, but they will see me as mafia". This has been the more, perhaps most, controversial part due to wording since no mention of investigation, no mention of acting suspiciously at night is why cops would see him as mafia (which the other millers have all said) and how Tajo has somewhat flip flopped on certainty of cops or not and such.

I still hate the nonsense you pulled with the "trackers" bit. Your plan was nonsense since Juls and others had already said their PM summary and just mentioned what happens on investigation with nothing at all about trackers and you made it out to be something useful to verify them.

but fine. just beating a dead horse.

Let's see what happens when Crazy shows up.

C
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

@Corv: The 'they will see me as mafia' is my (paraphrasing) flavour claim, not his, isn't it?
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

... I think I need sleep. I'll revisit this thread tommorow. v_v
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Mirth »

The longer this goes on, the more I'm thinking Crazy/Tajo. Especially since Tajo isnt even addressing the problem with Crazy.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by Crazy »

Been lazy. Here's my response to whatever I missed.
Korlash wrote:If you weren't a miller then why did you say "Or 4"? That's not a crumb saying you are "LIKE" a miller, that's one saying you ARE a miller. You can't count as a 4th miller unless you are "exactly a miller" you know what I mean? If this was a real crumb, I'm sorry man but you need to work on your crumbing...
I'll admit it was bad, however I'm sure you can see that it would make absolutely
no
sense to crumb miller when 3 people had already fully claimed miller. As either scum or town,
why would I?

Mirth wrote:Also no comments about how its really really weird that Crazy is trying to link himself to Tajo? No protown reason to do this in the least, and makes no sense anyways.
Because I have a strong inclination that Tajo is town, due to similar flavorishness. Doi.
Mirth wrote:-Crazy, in post 87, mentions the possibility of 4 millers. Then he spend something like 10 pages neither confirming nor denying his status. Crazy, what are your thoughts on this.
You can see that I was not involved in the game during that point. I really wasn't even reading the thread, so I didn't even see if people noticed my crumb or not. In my next real post, you can see I confirmed that I wasn't a miller.

And nobody has any issue with the actual Day 1 soft-claim, right? That all fits in with what I said. I'll just admit that the "crumb" was poorly worded, and I really wasn't expecting anyone to notice it. (Yes, I've never breadcrumbed before in a game.)
Corvuus wrote:Crazy is doing something similar where he is saying his role's similarity to Tajo confirms him (and cops should buy into this as well) and it just seems 'bleh'.
Woah, woah, I never said that. Me being town would mostly confirm Tajo, but not the other way around, since Tajo claimed first. If you think I'm trying to confirm myself here, show me.
Tajo wrote:And Ive been wondering all this time, why is Coug still alive?
Coug is scum.
I didn't see it. Can someone explain to me why SC is scum?
Tajo wrote:Then prob FL would have used another sentence.
So, girl, do you think there are cops?, only a cop?, no cops at all? Of all the claimed cops, who do you believe is telling the truth?
This wasn't directed at me, but due to the similarities between Korlash's and Corvuus' abilities (UnNKability, right?), I think they share the same alignment. Probably town, because that would make more sense balance-wise, and because of Penta's "no sane cop would..." crumb.
Korlash wrote: The fact that you atually call it a breadcrumb when it clearly isn't is interesting. How exactly is saying there are 4 millers a breadcrumbt that he isn't a miller? Also, seeing as how you are scum also, another cum trying to confirm you isn't all that hard to believe.
I wasn't breadcrumbing that I was "not a miller;" I was breadcrumbing that I was "similar to a miller." If I was a miller, I'd say something like:

"This is insane, because I'm also a miller."

The way that I was indirect shows that I was
not
trying to breadcrumb miller.

Korlash wrote: You said "everyone thinks farside is scum" that is false. As far as I go, it is PoE. From Corv's last post I assume it's PoE for him as well. I don't care if YOU have a case or not, "EVERYONE" doesn't.
Well, actually I can see that, since both sides of this debate seem to have farside as the last scum by Process of Elimination, right? Why do we have to pick between sides when we share some common ground.
Korlash wrote:It seems farfetched for scum to claim to come up to cops as guilty and will flip guilty if lynched?
When 2 other people claim millers after him,
yes, yes, yes.

SC wrote:I've found lately that asking why players are still alive is a scum tell. FoS: populartajo.
LOLZ, didn't you ask why Mirth and me were still alive earlier? And making up fake scumtells is a scum-tell. (Except when I did it in Open 86. :P)
Tajo wrote:So this is the real progression of events.

1180. You dont like my farside vote. You FOS me.
1188. I DONT present my farside case in more detail. I said why you dont wait for my case before you say you dont like it because I was going to post it after analyzing Mirth
1191. You UNFOS me. Reason : you are satisfied with my farside case.
1195. Farside asks you what part of my case in 1188 do you think is valid. (Logical question because I didnt have a case in farside at the time)
1198. I FINALLY make a case against farside.
1206. You use my reasons in 1198 for supporting your UNFOS in 1191 and for answering farside in 1195.
So, fail.

So what is the bad thing here? Coug obv didnt read post 1188 (where I attack Mirth and not farside) but however he UnFoSed me because he felt satisfied with my explanation. He's obv lying here and its IMPOSSIBLE for him to confuse Mirth with farside because the word Mirth is in every paragraph of that post. The only way I could believe that he made a mistake is if he had skimmed that post. But we know he didnt because he did read all the post to satisfy his suspicions. Unless he is lying obv and never read that post.
Actually, I can seriously buy this. This makes sense to me.
Korlash wrote:So you are pushing a two GF theory...

It is not Coug I think is making no sense...
Why do you think that neither you nor Corvuus can be paranoid or naive, respectively? Other than the word "Insane" in the title?
Korlash wrote: b) It makes as much sense as me being paranoid and Corv being Naive. But as neither of us has any reason to believe any of these to even suggest it is just reaching on your part to justify your thoughts.
That's ridiculous. Tajo was just saying that "2 Godfathers" isn't the only way of justifying it.
Korlash wrote: Yes, Coug did lie. Obviously your case was not "clearified" and he did not "understand the case." But this only proves laziness, inability to read well, in the most non-insulting way I can manage: stupidity on his part. What it does not prove is that he is scum.
The thing is, townies have no incentive to lie. How SC imagined he read a case on farside doesn't make sense.
SC wrote: Oops. So that COMPLETELY blows up the two-godfather theory. Who did Corvuus investigate other than me, then?
Unless if Korlash is paranoid or insane... which are pretty much the only options for him.
Tajo wrote:Wait, why arent we no lynching?
Dang, you're right! The scum can't kill
both
cops!!!!!! We really have nothing to lose.
Corvuus wrote: Crazy: Don't believe your claim. Can you give any breadcrumbing, reasoning or anything else that will help convince us you aren't lying? Also who is your scum picks?
I'd guess SC/farside/Mirth. And work around with possible GFs and/or cop sanities and there are multiple ways of justifying that.
Korlash wrote:So you were given a result on someone who died that same night... interesting...
I don't see why that's notable.
Korlash wrote:Now... In our situation, the first glance best play does appear to be no lynch. However, there's always risk to it. The cops investigations might not prove anything and we would be here tomorrow in the same situation with someone dead. Theres also the risk the doc is one of those 50/50 protect or kill doctors, so theoretically there could be two possible NKs tonight, meaning if they are both town we lose. And yes I recognise the good stuff we gain from no lynching too.
I really don't think that the chance of Mirth being a "50-50 doc" is enough to sway off of NL-ing. All the other possibilities are positive or neutral... so I support it.
Corvuus wrote: Mirth: I know crazy's "so called breadcrumb". I think it is crap. I am asking for any OTHER breadcrumbs in addition and such to help his claim/argument, etc. If that is the only point then i don't believe him.
Forget the breadcrumb. Check my soft-claim... it's in a long post on Day 1. It fits exactly with what I said on Day 3.
Mirth wrote:Corv, he doesn't have any that help his argument. He just latches onto Tajo and goes "look at him, his flavour confirms mine"
Pff. If I'm town, Tajo's town. If Tajo's town, I could be anything.

You have no support of me ever saying that.
Corvuus wrote:Yes, it 'would' be nice if Scum helped us out and killed someone for us but 'WHY' would they and why would we assume they would?
If they don't kill anyone, then we GET MORE COP INVESTIGATIONS!!!!!
Corvuus wrote: I also dislike 'reactive' town. I feel town has the tempo/momentum and we should be using it and pushing. Giving scum a night to talk and regroup just seems incredibly stupid.
Night-talk is overrated. There's not much the scum can say to each other when everybody has already claimed. All the points of action are obvious.
Korlash wrote:Are you actually arguing giving scum power to decide something is a good thing?
When is "more cop investigations" ever a
bad
thing? As I see it, you and Corvuus are practically confirmed, so the scum is confined to kill
one
of you. What's the issue here?
Mirth wrote:Tajo, I never said I wasnt a weak doc. I said I dont know. I don't know the mod's contingencies here.
Considering that the millers all knew they were millers, I doubt that a weak doc wouldn't know she was a weak doc. It's too bastardly. Even if you're "rusty," making you die whenever you target mafia is just too bastardly, considering FL's use of millers was unbastardly.
SC wrote:This is a false dillema. If we lynch somebody other than Crazy—that includes you—and he or she turns out to be scum, the game continues.
If Tajo is scum, I am too. So really, there's no benefit to lynching Tajo instead of me. RIGHT?
Mirth wrote: I believe Mirth is a non-killing doc (50-50 succeed or dont, but not kill) since she protected me twice and I haven't died. If she was a killing doc, then voting no lynch is even MORE insane since then there could be two night kills, 1 from the doc and 1 from scum and it is a losing strategy.
Dude, if Mirth was a Quack, then certainly you would have died by now. I can't believe these crap arguments for opposing No Lynch. If she's a 50-50 succeed doc, which is a crappy role, but not bastardly, then there's still no harm in going to night.
Corvuus wrote: So how could this situation not be auto-lose for scum? If Crazy is a scum thief, steals a cops' bulletproofness, mirth doesn't protect the right one or fails and the NK goes through.

Then we start tomorrow with 1 dead cop... who are virtually all but confirmed now so guess what, our odds didn't improve AT ALL.
THE OTHER COP WOULD HAVE AN INVESTIGATION! And even if I am a scum RBer/thief/whatever, and I block one cop and a different scum kills the other one, we wouldn't be in a better situation but we wouldn't be in a substantially
worse
one either.

So let me get this straight. Possibilities going into night:

-One cop dies; the other gets another investigation = BETTER POSITION
-Neither cop dies because Mirth is somehow town and protected the right person = BETTER POSITION
-One cop dies and I'm a scum RBer and I block the other one = VERY MINIMALLY WORSE POSITION.

See, there's very little to lose here.
SG wrote:Maybe he's the anti-death miller role to counterbalance it for scum. (Even though three millers is kinda sucky.)
I don't get what you mean...
Tajo wrote:You may have a point.
But there is something that doesnt fit. He says he steals items but farside and Coug have no items. Mirth, if we believe her as a power role, says that she even as a doctor doesnt have one. What item could Crazy steal of them? SG, do you have an item?
Actually, my impression was that the whole "thief" thing was complete flavor and had no game relevance except to justify my ability. Really, if everybody had an item I could steal, then wouldn't that prove my role and make it broken?

Oh, and this probably won't make a difference, but I was under the impression that I couldn't claim my exact role (flavor) name without it counting as "jackassery." I asked the mod about it later and she said I could, so anyway, I'm a
Kleptomaniac
. Anyway, that makes more sense with the "insane" theme, but nobody was questioning the theme relevance anyway, so meh.

And...

Vote: No Lynch

Seriously, it's the best option. Get off your pompous butts and admit it.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Mirth »

Crazy, 2 things, if I am a 50/50 killing doc and dont know it, well, I protected Corv 2 times. Do the math. Second, the whole if I protect the right cop thing is null and void if sum decide not to go for a cop. Since Corv can be naive and Kor can be paranoid, so it might be a null and void scenerio.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Twenty Seventh "I'm running out of ideas for these things" Vote Count

"Because I'm sane. And I know I am because I'm constantly thinking "Don't be crazy" to myself. Crazy people don't DO that because crazy people don't WORRY about becoming crazy"

Remember, No Lynch is an entity that would find it rather difficult to write a haiku, so if there is a tie with no lynch, no lynch will automatically lose

farside22 (0)
Crazy (2): StrangerCoug, Korlash
StrangerCoug (1): farside
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):
No Lynch (2): Populartajo, Crazy

Not Voting (3): ShadowGirl, Mirth, Corvuus

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is at 10 AM EST, Tuesday, January 20th, 2009

"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by Korlash »

Crazy wrote:I'll admit it was bad, however I'm sure you can see that it would make absolutely no sense to crumb miller when 3 people had already fully claimed miller. As either scum or town, why would I?
That's probably why you ended up not claiming it! :P
Crazy wrote:I wasn't breadcrumbing that I was "not a miller;" I was breadcrumbing that I was "similar to a miller." If I was a miller, I'd say something like:

"This is insane, because I'm also a miller."

The way that I was indirect shows that I was not trying to breadcrumb miller.
No... that's not a breadcrumb, that's a claim. You can't compare a breadcrumb to an actual claim... makes no sense.

Also, being indirect is the whole point of a breadcrumb. You're suppose to help show what you are without actually claiming. so just becuase you were indirect in something doesn't prove anything.

Also, you were not indirect. You clearly implied 4 millers, not 3 millers and something similar to a miller.
Crazy wrote:When 2 other people claim millers after him, yes, yes, yes.
Wait... so future events effect whether or not a person would do something? Are you telling me Pop knew two other people would claim? Becuase if he didn't, the fact two other people claimed had no effect on his choice to claim what he did when he did.

[quote="Why do you think that neither you nor Corvuus can be paranoid or naive, respectively? Other than the word "Insane" in the title? [/quote]

Becuase there is no evidence to support it. Have you ever heard the phrase "When you hear hoof beats, think horsies, not zebra!"? There is reason to support me being insane and Corv being sane not only in game flavor, but in role flavor as well. There is NO evidence of paranoia or naivity.
Crazy wrote:That's ridiculous. Tajo was just saying that "2 Godfathers" isn't the only way of justifying it.
Ok... and? Explain it? Paranoid/naive cops? no evidence. 50/50 cops, you'd be reaching. 2 GFs, rediculus. No matter how you try to justify it, its rediculus.
Crazy wrote:The thing is, townies have no incentive to lie. How SC imagined he read a case on farside doesn't make sense.
It's hard to believe Coug made a mistake? especially with the way Pop went about making the post in question?
Crazy wrote:Unless if Korlash is paranoid or insane... which are pretty much the only options for him.
Show me evidence I'm paranoid or stop reaching.
Crazy wrote:Dang, you're right! The scum can't kill both cops!!!!!! We really have nothing to lose.
So first you argue we might be useless cops, now you're saying it's worth a no lynch just for us? no wai! Pick a tune and stick with it.
Crazy wrote:I'd guess SC/farside/Mirth. And work around with possible GFs and/or cop sanities and there are multiple ways of justifying that.
So you would pick a trio and alter evidence to support it. So you're saying you're scum then? Right. Got it! Thanks!
Crazy wrote:I don't see why that's notable.
Wheren't you in essential liberties? I believe the cop in that game investigated Elvis night 2. Elvis died that night, cop recieved no result. There is a long standing precedent of cops not recieveing results on dead players, so when a cop claims he did it is always note worthy.
Crazy wrote:I really don't think that the chance of Mirth being a "50-50 doc" is enough to sway off of NL-ing. All the other possibilities are positive or neutral... so I support it.
Yet the fact either of me or Corv could be paranoid or naive is enough to justify grouping multiple townie results together. Missing out on lynching a scum power role is a negative. Losing a townie is always a negative. Getting two cop results tonight that you and Pop might just blow off as paranoid/naive, I see that as a negative.
Crazy wrote:Pff. If I'm town, Tajo's town. If Tajo's town, I could be anything.
You being town doesn't prove shit, except that I am incredibly wrong about something somewhere.
Crazy wrote:If they don't kill anyone, then we GET MORE COP INVESTIGATIONS!!!!!
*Gasp* NO WAI! I HAD NO IDEA! But you and pop think we're worthless cops so what do you care?
Crazy wrote:Night-talk is overrated. There's not much the scum can say to each other when everybody has already claimed. All the points of action are obvious.

Good, tell that to the mod. Maybe she will take your night talk away. I mean you don't need it anyways right?
Crazy wrote:When is "more cop investigations" ever a bad thing? As I see it, you and Corvuus are practically confirmed, so the scum is confined to kill one of you. What's the issue here?
It isn't. And no they aren't. The issue here is you are scum and need to die! What's not to get? Should I tpye slower? Use a bigger font?
Crazy wrote:If Tajo is scum, I am too. So really, there's no benefit to lynching Tajo instead of me. RIGHT?
Seeing as how you are likely a scum power role, yeah. No big reason to lynch Pop over you. However, as he has claimed miller and you haven't, if we wanted to make the most of tonight's investigations then we should lynch him so the investigation on you wouldn't be tainted. But that is moot if you are both scum anyways... so... yeah... I'd rather lynch you.
Crazy wrote:Dude, if Mirth was a Quack, then certainly you would have died by now. I can't believe these crap arguments for opposing No Lynch. If she's a 50-50 succeed doc, which is a crappy role, but not bastardly, then there's still no harm in going to night.
Uh huh... so you're as blind as Pop. I'm at least happy to see my top suspects fail to see something so obvious.

And again, missing out on lynching scum is and always will be a "harm" of no lynch. Don't care how you argue it, a no lynch is never harm free.
Crazy wrote:THE OTHER COP WOULD HAVE AN INVESTIGATION! And even if I am a scum RBer/thief/whatever, and I block one cop and a different scum kills the other one, we wouldn't be in a better situation but we wouldn't be in a substantially worse one either.
We lost a cop and one cop lost an investigation we wouldn't have lost if we had lynched. I would say we are in a very substantially worse situation.
Crazy wrote:-One cop dies; the other gets another investigation = BETTER POSITION
Nope. A cop dead means you and pop will never stop the "he might be insane/naive" for said person. And of course a dead cop is a dead cop... always a worse situation.
Crazy wrote:-Neither cop dies because Mirth is somehow town and protected the right person = BETTER POSITION
True. However, we lynch the scum theif/rb today and the above happens= even better position!
Crazy wrote:-One cop dies and I'm a scum RBer and I block the other one = VERY MINIMALLY WORSE POSITION.
We lose a cop and an investigation and we still end up lynching you... no, that is very worse position.

So yea... die scum die... I think that sums it all up...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by populartajo »

Korlash wrote:Getting two cop results tonight that you and Pop might just blow off as paranoid/naive, I see that as a negative.
Thats one of the advatanges of no lynching, ironically. We could somehow prove what kind of cops you are.
Korlash wrote:*Gasp* NO WAI! I HAD NO IDEA! But you and pop think we're worthless cops so what do you care?
Why the fuck do you generalize? I never said you were worthless cops. You could be, (how do you know?) but that, again is another advantage of having another night. We indeed have more informations.
This Crazy and Korlash thing is again more meh from both. I agree with some points Korlash and Crazy make but disagree again with both in others. Fighting with Korlash is fightling against a wall. He always HAS to be right even if he makes retarded comments like comparing his gambit with the lie SC made here.
The only thing that worries me is that Crazy is following me too much for my taste. All his points are extremely similar to the ones Ive made at some point of the game.
There are also late inconsistencies in his claim. (claiming flavour this late, inconsistency in the items stuff, the paranoid stuff). I must admit people repeating and repeating the same thing over and over again can also influence my mind.
But in the other hand, I really liked some posts D1 and I just keep thinking that scum wouldn't confirm 4 players in D1. They just dont. I really dont know what to make of him cuz if I say something good about him then its obvious scum (reagardless of Crazy's alignment) are going to attach me to him. If I say something bad Korlash is going to come up with some idiotic bussing theory that only makes sense in his closed box he calls reasoning.
Korlash wrote:And yet, up until now you have been pushing we lynch people with innocent cop investigations on them... you didn't seem to interested in the fact we might lose then...
That was before I noted we were 8 alive.
Korlash wrote:You haven't proven jack. The mod herself disproves your evidence. The more you push this the more I'm liking the crazy lynch...
Do you read what I post? FL didnt care about the method of death. Therefore its PRETTY safe to assume that we are only facing 1 NK for night.
Korlash wrote:Really? I thought Corp was the more real one. Wasn't he the first to claim his flavor?
I posted this some time ago.
tajo wrote:It seems improbable to me that Juls as scum would have outed herself to counterclaim me that early. Too much unnecessary attention for little benefit. With the little we know about her it also seems improbable that she could have crafted a gambit of that size. Again for little benefit.
Finally I believe she thought that I was lying with the flavour thing and really thought that he had catched scum. We know now that she had a different interpretation of flavour than the majority of us.
In the other hand, ManaKu can have had the time to prepare a miller gambit but I also partially doubt that she is also scum for the first reasons cited above.
Korlash, THINK FOR A SECOND. We lose if we lynch wrong today. We dont lose if we vote no lynch and wake up tomorrow. Tell me HOW CAN WE LOSE TODAY IF WE NO LYNCH?
If Crazy is alive tomorrow and we are in the SAME situation than today then consider my vote to be first in his death wagon. But think about the probs of town winning that INCREASE if we have another night of investigations or if scum decides a kill. Cops cant be NKed. Only one can be roleblocked, with the safe assumption that there is a RB. We have at least one vital piece of information, specially when we arent sure you are insane and Corv is sane. A simple investigation CAN change many things.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by populartajo »

Hooray. I just realized how I can prove that we only have 1 NK in this game.
FL wrote:7) If someone has a night action and fails to send it in before night ends, they will take a randomized night action
THEORY OF 2 NKS : OUT.
THEORY OF MIRTH BEING A WEAK DOC : Mirth shouldnt protect anyone. : OUT.
Anything else why you are scared to vote no lynch?
Call me Tajo.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:08 pm

Post by Korlash »

Ha ha ha... I love that look on his face when he thinks he's proved something! ha ha ha... priceless... ahhh... Do it again!
Pop wrote:We lose if we lynch wrong today. We dont lose if we vote no lynch and wake up tomorrow. Tell me HOW CAN WE LOSE TODAY IF WE NO LYNCH?
*shrugs* I'm not trying to prove we can. But even if we have zero chance of losing doesn't make it the best thing to do. I could make an analogy here about how it's safe to stay at home all day doing nothing and how how that doesn't mean you shouldn't go out and take risks and stuff but I just don't feel like it.

You can prove all you want that no lynching is safe and the worst thing we do is lose a cop and whatever but I still think lynching Crazy is the better thing to do.
Pop wrote:Thats one of the advatanges of no lynching, ironically. We could somehow prove what kind of cops you are.
Not if I get a guilty and pops gets an innocent. And especially not if one of us dies and the other is RBed...

[quote="Pop]Why the fuck do you generalize? I never said you were worthless cops. You could be, (how do you know?) but that, again is another advantage of having another night. We indeed have more informations. [/quote]

I've already said how I know. I've already shown evidence to support me being insane. Yet you still bring it up like it's an equal possibility. You're reaching to try and justify your "scum team." We don't need more information, we have plenty to justify lynching Crazy.
Pop wrote:Korlash is fightling against a wall. He always HAS to be right even if he makes retarded comments like comparing his gambit with the lie SC made here.
This coming from the guy who ignores facts in order to justiy his way of thinking. Say whatever the fuck you want man. I'll never say I'm always right, becuase I don't have to.
Pop wrote:That was before I noted we were 8 alive.
Uh huh... and all the LYLO talk going on at the same time didn't tip you off? Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if I were able to go find a post in which you were pushing a case on Mirth/farside/ or coug where you say something about LYLO wouldn't that then prove this right here is a lie? Hmm... Lets hope for your sake I can't find one huh...
Pop wrote:Do you read what I post? FL didnt care about the method of death. Therefore its PRETTY safe to assume that we are only facing 1 NK for night.
No, I din't read what you post. usually as my eyes scroll down the text you threw onto the screen they are actually admiring the greyish and white background and wondering if it's more white or more blue. (Leaning towards blue right now) Sadly however every now and then a word or two slips by and I feel compelled to comment on it.

FL made a post a while ago where she said something along the lines of "For all we know the scum woke up to find someone dead and the person they targeted alive." does it mean we HAVE to have 2 Nkers? no. But it means the possibility is and always be open. Did you ever think maybe the doctor stopped a kill? Or that both NKers targete the same person? I can reach to justify my stuff to.
Pop wrote:If Crazy is alive tomorrow and we are in the SAME situation than today then consider my vote to be first in his death wagon.
If you're willing to take the chance today, why wait? If crazy is town we will lose tomorrow anyways... so come on...

Oh, and FYI, this is another of the stupid dumb mistakes you shouldn't do as scum. To spend all of today ignoring and defending(or calling him ton at least) Crazy and then to say you would just up and vote him tomorrow if the same conditions we are in now still exist just proves you're full of shit. If you're not willing to vote him now, why tomorrow? You just said everything is the same. same situation, means your same cases on farside, mirth, and coug should all still exist. Why so willing to vote crazy? This is either apeasment, or BS. take your pick. And trust me, they both stink.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:53 am

Post by farside22 »

I have to agree with Korlash here on Crazy. His mild miller claim to saying he is a thief just does not add up. I think he is lying his butt off about the role he actually has.

unvote:
vote: Crazy
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:16 am

Post by Mirth »

Farside, why do you think so only now?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:51 am

Post by populartajo »

Kor wrote:Ha ha ha... I love that look on his face when he thinks he's proved something! ha ha ha... priceless... ahhh... Do it again!
Prove there are 2 NKs and prove how the evidences in this game point to that happening. NAO. All points to just being 1 NK. Flavor, night actions and killing methods.
Kor wrote:you can prove all you want that no lynching is safe and the worst thing we do is lose a cop and whatever but I still think lynching Crazy is the better thing to do.
How the hell can we lose a cop if you and Corv have NK resistance?
Kor wrote:I've already said how I know. I've already shown evidence to support me being insane. Yet you still bring it up like it's an equal possibility. You're reaching to try and justify your "scum team." We don't need more information, we have plenty to justify lynching Crazy.
What equeal possibility you are talking about? Im willing to let that you think you are insane and it prob makes sense with Corv being post restricted and prob sane too. You know you arent useless. You know that Corv isnt useless. Why dont we use your ability to have MORE information tomorrow?
Kor wrote:This coming from the guy who ignores facts in order to justiy his way of thinking. Say whatever the fuck you want man. I'll never say I'm always right, becuase I don't have to.
Yeahh, right. :roll:
Kor wrote:Uh huh... and all the LYLO talk going on at the same time didn't tip you off? Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if I were able to go find a post in which you were pushing a case on Mirth/farside/ or coug where you say something about LYLO wouldn't that then prove this right here is a lie? Hmm... Lets hope for your sake I can't find one huh...
Again, that was before I noted we were 8. I bet no one noticed this until I pointed this out.
Kor wrote:No, I din't read what you post. usually as my eyes scroll down the text you threw onto the screen they are actually admiring the greyish and white background and wondering if it's more white or more blue. (Leaning towards blue right now) Sadly however every now and then a word or two slips by and I feel compelled to comment on it.
Get some glasses, rly.
Kor wrote:FL made a post a while ago where she said something along the lines of "For all we know the scum woke up to find someone dead and the person they targeted alive." does it mean we HAVE to have 2 Nkers? no. But it means the possibility is and always be open. Did you ever think maybe the doctor stopped a kill? Or that both NKers targete the same person? I can reach to justify my stuff to.
Im obv not reaching. You are. Compare your evidences (2 NKS, are there any?) to mine (1 NK)
Kor wrote:If you're willing to take the chance today, why wait? If crazy is town we will lose tomorrow anyways... so come on...

Because maybe tomorrow we could have someone confirmed as scum? There is no harm in lynching Crazy today or lynching Crazy tomorrow since if he is town we are going to lose tomorrow either way. But that only can happen if NOTHING CHANGES. What happens if you or Corv find scum tomorrow or you investigate Crazy and he comes up as town?
Kor wrote:Oh, and FYI, this is another of the stupid dumb mistakes you shouldn't do as scum. To spend all of today ignoring and defending(or calling him ton at least) Crazy and then to say you would just up and vote him tomorrow if the same conditions we are in now still exist just proves you're full of shit. If you're not willing to vote him now, why tomorrow? You just said everything is the same. same situation, means your same cases on farside, mirth, and coug should all still exist. Why so willing to vote crazy? This is either apeasment, or BS. take your pick. And trust me, they both stink.
I already pointed out that my farside, mirth, coug is still possible due to crazy things happening here but not that reliable if we assume you are insane and Corv is sane. So Crazy is the only one that makes sense here by process of elimination.
In any case, would you disagree with a Crazy investigation from both of you? Only one of you can be roleblocked and you cant both die tonight.
Thats why No lynch is our best chance to win this game because WE ARENT GOING TO LOSE THIS IN THE NIGHT.
Well, farside's 1397 is. Farside you may as well answer the questions I posed to you.
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”