Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Korlash »

Crazy wrote:I just know that if I'm lynched, the town will lose. And yes, an innocent result on me might at least make people step back a little from my lynch... How can any extra cop investigation really be BAD?
It shouldn't be bad, it just wont be good enough to justify letting a likely scum power role live through the night.
Crazy wrote:I don't think you can Mod-WIFOM in the insane asylum.
I can mod wifom anything when the alternative is bastard mod setup.
Crazy wrote:Didn't you investigate them both? Why couldn't you be paranoid? Or why couldn't you be insane and one of them be the GF?
For someone this close to death you sure aren't paying alot of attention to the game. I investigated one, corv investigated the other. I can't be paranoid because there is no evidence to support it. Until there is, I'm insane. The god father possibility doesn't exist in any lylo territory either. However, come tomorrow or the next day after a few scum drop dead we can reopen the GF possibility.
Crazy wrote:Scum is Mirth/farside/SC. Don't you think?
The detailedness of this list is so blinding it's maddeningly unhelpful to the point of severe chronic pain.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Crazy wrote:How can any extra cop investigation really be BAD?
You blocking the cop and thus you denying us this result.
Crazy wrote:
Corvuus wrote:Who would you target for RB tonight?
Mirth/SC. It doesn't really matter, though, since farside will send in the kill because I blocked her last night and can't block the same person twice in a row.
How do you know that farside22 will be making a kill tonight?
Crazy wrote:
Korlash wrote: Both Mirth and SC can't be scum...

How are you and Pop not getting that?
Didn't you investigate them both? Why couldn't you be paranoid? Or why couldn't you be insane and one of them be the GF?
He didn't investigate us both; he only investigated Mirth. Corvuus has an innocent on me. There is no way in hell we have time to worry about sanity issues or godfathers at this point.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Crazy »

Mirth wrote:You still have not explained why I'm scum with Farside and SC
Because it's the only real option from my point of view. That's not scummy; everyone uses process of elimination at this point in the game. If everyone ignored claims, then SG would probably be lynched, but thankfully we're smarter than that and can actually
look
at stuff like claims and narrow down the suspect lynch. Look, I'll make a case if we get through tonight. Now, that scummy No Lynch guy needs to die.
Korlash wrote:It shouldn't be bad, it just wont be good enough to justify letting a likely scum power role live through the night.
Please, if I RB you (or whichever cop has NK immunity), and that cop dies, then you have proof that I'm scum. Seriously, guys.
Korlash wrote:I can mod wifom anything when the alternative is bastard mod setup.
I joined this game expecting it to be at least semi-bastardly. And no matter who the scum is, and who's lying about their role, this setup is indeed bastardly.
Korlash wrote: For someone this close to death you sure aren't paying alot of attention to the game. I investigated one, corv investigated the other. I can't be paranoid because there is no evidence to support it. Until there is, I'm insane. The god father possibility doesn't exist in any lylo territory either. However, come tomorrow or the next day after a few scum drop dead we can reopen the GF possibility.
Wait, today it's impossible for there to be a GF yet tomorrow there could be?

And just because there's no evidence that you're paranoid doesn't mean that you're INSANE! That's the Burden of Proof fallacy.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Korlash »

Crazy wrote:Please, if I RB you (or whichever cop has NK immunity), and that cop dies, then you have proof that I'm scum. Seriously, guys.
Meaning we wasted the night and the cop investigation we would have had if we had just lynched you today. You're just proving my point now.
Crazy wrote:Wait, today it's impossible for there to be a GF yet tomorrow there could be?
No I'm saying we can't second guess cop investigations today while in a mislynch or lose situation. We need to lower the scum pool as much as possible, if we factor in GF's our scum pool is too high. I would rather call one scum town today, then unconfirm three town and throw their names back on the lynch options.
Crazy wrote:And just because there's no evidence that you're paranoid doesn't mean that you're INSANE! That's the Burden of Proof fallacy.
No, there is evidence I'm insane. The bruden of proof has already confirmed me to be insane. To question it requires you to provide evidence to support paranoia. You have none, I'm insane. As soon as evidence to disprove insanity or to help prove paranoia comes to light, then you can argue I'm paranoid. Until then you're just reaching.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:38 am

Post by Mirth »

vote: Crazy

This is L-1.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:06 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Who has the hammer?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Korlash »

I have a hammer. I wouldn't call it "the" hamer though... I mean it's a good hammer but it's definitly not "the" material...

I'd vote Crazy again if I thought I could get away with it though...

ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:04 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

@Kor: When has there been definitive proof you're insane? As I recall neither of the people you've investigated have died yet.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:04 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

But anyway, I'd like Crazy to say his last thoughts, etc.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Korlash »

SG wrote:@Kor: When has there been definitive proof you're insane? As I recall neither of the people you've investigated have died yet.
Depends on your version of proof. Theres evidence of insanity, and none of anyting else. So is that proof or coincidence? I mean my Role Pm only implies insanity, it's called insane aslyum mafia not paranoid delusions mafia, and of course the fact the people I have investigated have claimed cop and doc does suggest they are town. There is no definite, 100% proof I'm insane, but there is no, none, zero, nada, zilch, shut the fuck up agout it cazy and pop, evidence that I'm paranoid.

If and when mirth or corv flip scum or if and when another investigation I may get flips contrary to my ivestigation, then we can discount circumstancial evidence and argue paranoia.
SG wrote:But anyway, I'd like Crazy to say his last thoughts, etc.
He just posted 5 posts ago... How much do you think his thoguhts have changed in that time frame?

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Still having computer troubles, but I will state that Crazy is indeed at L-1, deadline is still whatever arbitrary time I established on the 27th of January
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Corvuus »

deadline is 27th, so hopefully we can decide/finalize everything now.

Crazy, i guess you may have misread or misinterpret, but both cops claimed NK resistance and it has been that way since the original claim. So i don't know why you say 'which cop has NK resistance' or that there is a difference between us in that regard. I also don't see why you say one of us would die when, baring 'speculation', technically it "should" not be possible for a cop to die tonight.

Then again, if you are 'scum-aligned thief', then you 'could' steal nk resistance, and the cop would die, proving your statement 'correct' but then you would be scum-aligned thief. You might say that 'the attempt' to target and kill a cop would be made, but i think that is rather silly since it would most likely fail, and the argument of us being the "most confirmed and thus obvious choice" doesn't hold water since scum targeted Corporate (miller) last night when they could/should of killed Tajo (who claims he was most town confirmed) or Crazy (since soft claim, etc.) or Mirth with her doc claim.

---

At any rate, there are many things you say that I dislike. You state that your "RB" doesn't effect other player's reveal and to me, that seems rather important, so why mention this now and not earlier in your original claim? Or when Electra died and flipped town, etc.

---

You (and Tajo) mention that if a cop dies then we "know" that you are scum and can lynch accordingly.

Why in the world would you say this *AND* say that Kor/Cor will die tonight. I mean, either you know more than a town should and know that this is possible, or you are somehow saying it will happen, you will get blamed (as the only claimed RB thief) and that you as 'pro-town aligned thief' will be mislynched when one of the cops is "certainly" killed tonight.

So according to your statements and following the logic, if we vote no lynch today, a cop will die, and you will be 'mislynched tomorrow' and then town loses. Yet... you still want us to vote no lynch ... and say you will make a case tomorrow? There is still time, why not make a case now. Obviously the NK shouldn't affect your case or give you any additional information since, according to you, the NK will be on a cop and you view the two cops as being 'confirmed' so it doesn't lessen the probable suspect pool.

...even if I ignore the "a cop will die tonight" part, and just go with what you said about voting no lynch in order to gain more information and 'prevent' mislynch... ugh, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

One of the main reasons why I did not want to talk about voting 'no lynch' and why it is a bad idea is because it involves 'night action' speculation/optimization and there is nothing good that can come out of discussing it in detail.

There are obvious bad permutations and good permutations of what "could happen" but there are 'extremely' bad permutations that are very real and with 3 scum left to talk about it over potentially several "real life" days, it is quite likely that they will choose it and this "hope for the best" attitude and that scum will choose "incorrectly" or 'stupidly' is scary to me.

In virtually any other game/sport (chess, tennis, etc.) a move that relies on your opponent's stupidity/unforced error is silly when compared to being able to make a 'real move'.... especially when giving 'scum' the 'tempo' back is tantamount to suicide almost since they 'choose' the NK, and we have zero information about 'scum roles' that may exist.

It has always bothered me that you (and Tajo) use the defense of "if a cop dies, then kill Crazy" since, seriously, we do not know what scum roles exist and if they have their own roleblock/thief or heck even a method of having a "1-shot auto kill that goes through cop/doc regardless" and that they can use.

Your statement of "cop will die since they are most confirmed" (despite NK resistance claim and Mirth doc claim which could stop it) and no worry about scum using your statements to twist them and turn them to 'scum' advantage also freaks me out since....

Assuming vote no lynch: Scum could have a roleblock (not thief) and block a cop investigation. Who do we blame? Crazy. Scum could have a instant kill that bypasses doc protection/nk resistance, cop dies, who do we blame? Crazy. Scum could have "anything" or heck even "nothing" and NK 'someone' and the result will most likely be "blame Crazy".

Most of the "non-instant lose/horrible" permutations result in something of "blame Crazy" except in the ones where Crazy is NK'ed. But seriously, if we did vote "no lynch" instead of lynching Crazy, why would scum NK crazy for us. I think I can safely speculate that Crazy (if town) would not be today's NK but then you (Crazy) will almost certainly be blamed tomorrow (even if no one dies!) and it just leaves me to wonder why you would put yourself in that kind of position, and heck why would Tajo put you in that position as well and he did it 'much' earlier than you.

I mean, if Crazy and Tajo 'are' town, then why speculate, talk, discuss so that Crazy will be blamed tomorrow if various things happen and that no lynch/wait and see policy is best in this case. It announces to scum (assuming they are town) that if they can do "any" of x amount of permutations with their abilities then we "will" lynch Crazy tomorrow. If you guys believe/know that Crazy is town so much, why link him to so many things so that he can be 'mislynched' on things that we do not know.

I mean, you could argue that Kor or I brought up 'some of the issues' first or hinted at (or at least, I did) of what possibilities there could be first .............but Crazy's statement of "if a cop dies, then yeah lynch me" and a "a cop will die tonight" just has to be the weirdest possible statement to make if you are town.

The more I think about the statement, the more BS it feels since Crazy's 'later' qualifying statement to 'lessen' it was "i didn't know which cop had nk resistance".

but this is such a blatant lie that can not POSSIBLY be true.

Either you said the cops will die since they are most confirmed and you believed this since you thought 'neither' had NK resistance (not likely), or you thought one had nk resistance but not the other (despite us saying we both did/confirming each other, etc. and the fact that you say "Cor/Kor" will die implying that we are 'the same' instead of saying "the cop without NK resistance will die", etc. it tells me various possibilities and it isn't good for you (Crazy).

I could add on additional things that SHOULD have been said by you, and things you say in previous days, but seriously, your 'claimed' power role is horrible, your analysis and such of it is horrible and everything just reeks of lie and scum.

If (and most likely *when* we lynch you now), what will you come up as? You targeted Farside, you say Farside is scum (process of elimination you state) so when you are lynched, what will you flip as?

You, like Tajo, flip as a 'no-information' lynch EXCEPT at lylo. If tajo was lynched now instead and game went on, then we would know he was scum. If you are lynched and game goes on, then we know you were scum. If we lynched you at ANY other time, then we would have no idea of your true alignment since it is whoever you targeted (in this case farside) and yet... in your original claim, you state that the "power" behind your role is as a one-time Investigation and not roleblocking!

This is such a blatantly bad ability (or at least, your interpretation of your 'role) that I never liked. You told me to believe that a townie needs to 'die' in order to 'attempt' to marginally gain something which most likely will be 'nothing' since you need to claim, get us to believe you, tell us your target, get killed, etc. and you couldn't give us any information without scum controlling it since you need to post it in order to tell us. In addition, you word it such that you are lynched and not night killed, even though 'technically' both should be possible.

-----

I dislike deadline lynches. So I am willing to hammer Crazy at some point near the end of the 26th. Don't wait until the 27th if you have anything less to say.

I would also say that chances of you being town diminish the longer you are at L-1 at lylo, but then again, your 3-scum team is already voting for you, so technically it doesn't mean anything to you.

Either way, no lynch isn't going to happen. Crazy lynch is going to happen within the next day, so post what you want to post before we move on.

Corv
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:23 am

Post by populartajo »

Sorry for doing this but Im V/LA for two, maybe three days. If I check back it will only prob be for the game Im modding. Thx.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Corvuus »

i'm going to hammer at 10 pm pst, jan 26th.

post what you like but i don't think cop or doc need to say who they are going to target.

FoS: having two 'no information lynches' except at lylo. (Tajo, Crazy).

Cor
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Mirth »

Oh. I just thought of a way to test both cops sanities. Should I share?
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Korlash »

No becuase I have a good idea what that is and we can't do both at once.

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Mirth »

Korlash wrote:No becuase I have a good idea what that is and we can't do both at once.
Technically you can but it will be a wasted night since all it would tell you would be respected sanities.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Mirth »

respective^ I cant type
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Korlash »

Exactly. One of us should check our sanities while the other complets the investigative sets. And as it's pretty obvious which should do which and who should be targeted I doubt we really need to discuss it.

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Crazy »

Nothing more I can say. I was under the impression that the cops had limited NK-immunity (two fully immune cops is absurd, and Korlash thinks MY role is bastardly), but if they have full NK-immunity, then that furthers the point that we should NL.

Bleh, scum won. Good game; definitely the coolest closed setup I've ever been in.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's back! But...I have none of my notes. Luckily, I basically remember who was what role, I just probably won't have a nice "These are the role PMs I sent out" postgame. I'll do a votecount tomorrow since I'm going to my room and eventually to bed soon.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by Korlash »

Crazy wrote:Nothing more I can say. I was under the impression that the cops had limited NK-immunity (two fully immune cops is absurd, and Korlash thinks MY role is bastardly), but if they have full NK-immunity, then that furthers the point that we should NL.
I think your role is a lie, bastardly would be an improvement. And two fully NK immune cops would "further" the point we should no lynch, but it still wouldnt be enough. that would be like "furthering" from -5 to -3. Still a bad idea, still not going to happen.
Crazy wrote:Bleh, scum won. Good game; definitely the coolest closed setup I've ever been in.
Uh huh, all you need now are some fake tears and a big sad puppy dog face and you might actually ave some people feeling sorry for you.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:22 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-First "It's Alive" Vote Count

"Is
this
the place I'm supposed to return to?"

Mod Note: Deadline today...in about an hour, actually.

farside22 (0)
Crazy (4): StrangerCoug, Korlash, farside, Mirth
StrangerCoug (0)
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):
No Lynch (2): Populartajo, Crazy

Not Voting (3): ShadowGirl, Corvuus

Crazy is at L-1

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is at 10 AM EST, Tuesday, January 27th, 2009

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-Second "End Of Day 3" Vote Count

"If any one steal cattle or sheep, or an ass, or a pig or a goat, if it belong to a god or to the court, the thief shall pay thirtyfold therefor; if they belonged to a freed man of the king he shall pay tenfold; if the thief has nothing with which to pay he shall be put to death."

farside22 (0)
Crazy (4): StrangerCoug, Korlash, farside, Mirth
StrangerCoug (0)
ShadowGirl (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (0):
No Lynch (2): Populartajo, Crazy

Not Voting (3): ShadowGirl, Corvuus

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch
Deadline is at 10 AM EST, Tuesday, January 27th, 2009

With four votes at deadline Crazy is lynched
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”