populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by populartajo »

LOL, I will. What about you?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by populartajo »

Mirth wrote:Tajo, since you keep saying I'm scum, can you or KK please actually provide a case as to why?
Or maybe is more of the "OMG, obvlinked with Crazy" BS?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by populartajo »

So here is farside and relations with SC and Mirth.
farside wrote:SC: Saying I have protown vibes for players is sucking up to a player and I see scum suck up to players they know are town to look town.
vote: SC
Slipped that Fluff was town and attacking SC with a vote.
farside22 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
farside22 wrote:SC: Saying I have protown vibes for players is sucking up to a player and I see scum suck up to players they know are town to look town.
I never said that; in fact, I hadn't even addressed you before now. I said that I wanted to leave the millers alone and that I believe LlamaFluff and Mirth to be town at this moment. I know what I am, which leaves six people including you. I understand Mirth's "suck-up" concern, but you just voted me based on incorrect information.
Vote: farside22
for strawmanning.
Let's add OMGUS vote on top of butt kissing. I explained myself how the heck is that strawman? A little bit of a panic for one vote?
I am telling you I see scum suck up to townies.
This is some serious attack for D1. Doesnt feel like busing since Coug vote is weak.
In post 241, farside talks of everyone but two persons (Mirth and Crazy) and confirm his vote on SC. In fact, farside doesnt talk about them since the beginning of the game until post 254 (Mirth).
farside22 wrote:
Mirth wrote: second, farside, why criticize llama's attack of juls but not mine.
I started my read with my last post I saw llama attacks from my last post and the comments he made. I don't recall what you said to Juls but I will go back and look.
Maybe Mirth did note that farside was ignoring her "too much". Pretty clear indicator that farside did attack Llama but mysteriously left Mirth of the hook.
Mirth wrote:so still no comments on me, farside
Mirth insists. So this is the part where Mirthtown should be thinking why is farside not suspecting me but attacking Llama? But anyone that is town would ask him/herself that?
Mirth wrote:soooo why exactly are you attacking llama then
More questions and more questions. Mirthtown would have already FOSed farside at that point. Trust me.
Mirth wrote:which is why i'm thinking its suspicious how easily you write me off here.
Yeah, and the vote or the fos? Finally I found what was wrong in this conversation. Mirth is clearly suspecting farside but there is no vote or fos, taking in count Mirth is pretty liberal with her votes.
SC is guilty for sucking up to Llama but Mirth isnt. She only gets a question. There are no vote:Mirth not even a FOS even though Mirth was still not getting the point. In the other hand, Mirth was questioning farside but she also never voted/fosed her. Once again, Mirth was being deliberately weak with farside.
farside22 wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Posting to avoid a prod. Nothing new to contribute.
You know you are not voting anyone. There is conversation going on and this is the best you offer?
Again, an strong attack against Couglurker. Pretty clear farside is attacking Coug and not suspecting Mirth.
farside22to Corv wrote:Does this mean you believe Juls/SG? What about Crazy did it seem he hinted at have a miller role?
Post 341. First mention of Crazy.
farside22 wrote:
populartajo wrote:Aww, farside. Let me make some friends. /sad face.
I suggest mish mash games if you want friends. Not mafia games.
FOS: tajo

I'm not will to lynch you at this time, but I don't care for people using that method it is scummy to try and say, but ah we are friends why the hate.
I get a FOS for being friendly. :(
farside22 wrote:Right now just based on what I remember I didn't not like Coorvus comment at the end of the day about being dispointed in the Sly lynch. Seems like a scum slip to me.
FOS: Coorvus
Foses Corvus for something decent.
farside22 wrote:electra: I don't like the fact you are making post but not reading the thread. Mirth's post about what you said in regards to Sly implies you were reading something but not enough to see the mod stating how many request it would take to have an extension?
FOS: Electra
Foses Electtra for something decent.
farside22 to corpo wrote:This isn't really a replay is it? I mean Mirth has a valid point and you just say that scum believe your post were without meaning?
Except farside knows thar mirth doesnt have a point. Subtly push of corpo's case here. Oh what happened with Mirth's suspicions of farside?
farside22 wrote:I don't really get a scum vibe reading corp but I would like to see him give more information.
So why mirth had a point before?
Its fair to comment that farside is also ignoring SC in this part of the game with the exception of some general comments (No, Corvus is not a claimed miller). Could be due to his lurking, though.
farside22 wrote:A lot of attacks are on Corp which I find really a weak reason to vote for someone especially day 2 and a person who claimed miller day 1 with the text Mana did before Juls did. This just doesn't add up as a good reason to vote on a person.
But Mirth did it!! Not even a FOS, not even a vote. Take in count how free was farside to FOS for weaker reasons.
farside wrote:I don't like mirth answers for not voting for Electra or others. I think the case is weak. It's based more on a person's play style (which not helpful) is not scummy.
unvote:
vote: mirth
Finally. After how many posts? Farside is the third vote on the wagon (corpo an me were the first to vote her).
farside wrote:Looking at Electra and her lack of post and reasons and comparing that to Mirth I find really weird things. The lack of comments from Mirth to Electra. Electra's back and forth from Mirth to Penta and giving Sly a pass on his comment but attacking Mirth. It looks really fishy to me.
Setting up a mislych already knowing that Mirth would come up scum? Probably.
farside wrote:Your reasons is flawed as many people haven't done what you are asking Corp to do.
Mirth: With deadline close I suggest a claim.
This really feels like, Mirth save your ass or die.
farside wrote:I'm not going to be around to much to see if Mirth answer tajo's questions.
unvote
vote: Electra
She was the second person on my list as scum.
"Awesome claim, Mirth, lets hope someone else isnt the doctor."
farside wrote:I like the idea of popcorn so how about SC claiming.
If SC were scumpartner with farside would she have proposed him for popcorn? Prob if and only if Coug had a powerful fakeclaim but he only claimed VT.
farside wrote:Mirth I see no reason from your post of the flavor a need to hide it or not say anything earlier. FOS mirth
Maybe its time to bus her for real.....
....maybe not.
farside wrote:SC has a nice contradiction between one post and another. Lets see if anyone notices
vote: strangercoug
This is a very weird attack if we assume its bussing. It really doesnt feel like that. There was no necessity to bus Coug at that point of the game.
farside22 wrote:I have to agree with Korlash here on Crazy. His mild miller claim to saying he is a thief just does not add up. I think he is lying his butt off about the role he actually has.
unvote:
vote: Crazy
Time to bus the other scumpartner after not commenting a shit about him and after a case from Korlash.
farside22 wrote:
Mirth wrote:Farside, this discussion of Crazy's crap claim has been going on for pages. Why vote now?
Busy trying to catch up.
"Maybe becuase we are all scumpartners and I dont know if I should bus all my scumpartners? Oh yeah, Im going to bus him now."
farside22 wrote:
Mirth wrote:Why me and Crazy together?
Process of elimination.
Korlash - cop
Corv - cop
SG - miller
SC - checked out (question of cop's sanity only)
me - I know I'm town
tajo - claimed death miller but as I said I don't like how he is pushing the no lynch idea any more
you - claimed doc. However if 2 cops are bp and the flavors mean nothing then the balance does look off. I had thought maybe the flavor of the kills meant something so a doc seems plausible but if not then I feel doc in the set up is not balanced.
This quote is important. Why does farside suspect Mirth/Crazy but not Coug/Crazy?
farside22 wrote:I did say Coug is cleared pending sanity. Should have said the same about Mirth.
Glad you noticed.
farside wrote:Crazy. I don't believe the claim. Plain and simple.
I believe you are his scum buddy trying to push a no lych.
Either Mirth or SC. Not sure which.
Oh yeah, go behind the death miller. Add Mirth/SC to the list after the bus become too obvious.
After Crazy's lynch and farside's guilty result, farside obvscum (finally) starts throwing shit to the walls. Fair to say that she ignores Coug completely.
farside22 wrote:oh thank god.
unvote:
vote: farside

please try and kill the cop like a suggested either that or go for the doc. These people have no clue.
Good luck partner.
Last post. Mmm, there is something here. Yes, he is still ignoring KK(Coug) completely. I could see farside doing this on purpose and pointing to kill the doc to support subtly farside-Coug scumpair. Yeah, she is probably doing this.

GG, people. Mirth is GF. Farside's relationship is just too obvious. All points to this. Corv, lynch her tomorrow.
Call me Tajo.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Mirth »

If you're so convinced I'm scum, why aren't you voting for me tajo? Or trying to directly get me lynched today?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Mod Note: Neither KK nor Kor need prods at the moment. They will tomorrow morning, however
My apologies. I'm still in this game. I've been doing a re-read of Mirth and populartajo. But my time has been monopolized by a recent RL freelance project dropped into my lap. I should have a good game post within an hour or two.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Okay, apologies for the delay. As I said, some freelance work came my way and these days compensation trumps hobby.

Over the past few days I read both populartajo and Mirth in isolation with more of a fine-toothed comb. Now I realize that it isn't always the best way to "read" someone because you can often miss out on the proper context of each comment. This is especially true for Mirth because she tends not to quote when she posts in her short sharp bursts. Still, this recent re-reading helped give some new persepective on things, especially some things I missed on my first read.

First up is populartajo.

A: CLAIM : Now populartajo claimed death miller, and he did a full claim before any other millers had claimed. This gives him some townie cred, IMHO, but Corvuus does have a point in that it's not the optimal strategy for a death miller. He also used a [private] conversation with the mod as a confirmation and kept
subtly
hinting that the existence of other millers should clear him. This grasp for legitimacy is really suspect.

B: INTERACTION WITH KNOWN SCUM : This category hurts Populartajo quite a bit. He seemed to have very little interaction with farside22 until post 862 where he lists her as 'prob scum' with no precursor or case. His connections with Crazy are far worse. Crazy buddied up to him early on, then populartajo returned the favor by doing his best to prevent a Crazy lynch by pushing for a no lynch (when that failed, he suggested waiting for a replacement).

C: OTHER NOTABLE : At one point he pushed for a Mirth/farside22/StrangerCoug scum trio, yet seemed completely unaware that it would require the existence of two Godfathers based on cop investigations.

Now Mirth.

A: CLAIM : "Rusty" doctor. This is the category I have the biggest problem with about Mirth. I know she's stated that she hates the role of doctor, but it doesn't explain some of her decisions. She gets a doctor-variant role yet says that she didn't think she was a killing doc (151 in iso) and proceeds to protect her most townie-read (Corvuus) right off the bat. Since the cops are pretty much confirmed as Sane/Insane variants of cop and the flavor of the game is "Insane Asylum", it'd be a logical assumption to for her doctor variant to be "Insane" (with 50% of kill). She uses the lack of death as proof that she's not a killing doc when she should know better. I also didn't like her answer to Korlash about choosing to protect the cops rather than a miller (220-221 in iso)

Also, she responds to every inquiry into her role with a sort of righteous indignation that doesn't really sit right with me.

B: INTERACTION WITH KNOWN SCUM : I got nothing here. Mirth gave every other player equal time under her scrutiny as the game unfurled. Although she did miss Crazy's "miller-cough", which is odd considering how observant she seems to be.

C : OTHER NOTABLE : Not much. The scum trio post (188 in iso) was pretty useless and the jump on Corporate seemed a little opportunistic at first.

CONCLUSIONS : If I ignored the claims, then I'd be voting for populartajo in a heartbeat. But the claims are out there, and Mirth's just isn't ringing as true for me and it's sort of trumping the other evidence at this point.

I brought up stuff like the "doc-investigator" question, not to see if you thought it was a good idea, but to see if you'd thought of it at all. If you had the role of "rusty" doc, you might have done more to rack your brain thinking of how to be of most use. Something beyond "flip the coin, protect the cop" especially since protecting the cop might not be the best idea. An idea like "doc-investigator" is stupid and bad, but I strongly think that it's an idea that would cross the mind of a frustrated, confused townie at some point during this game. So far it seems like you can read the scum's POV on the game better than a doctor's POV.

But a major difference is that Populartajo is reading more scummier than I remembered. So I sure as hell aren't as sure as I was. But no unvote just yet.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Mirth »

KK: as I said, I loathe playing doctor. As for the kill thing, there really isnt anything in my PM to indicate that I might kill. Just that I might be useless. So this is a possibility that I did not consider too high on my list of things to look into. I did consider one other possibility that I have not mentioned on the extent of my uselessness. And the investigation this is just not a good idea regardless of how messed up the dynamics are.

Ill have my reread analysis of SC/KK up later today (evening) sometime after I get home. Right now I have to be productive and I think my brain is too fried to multitask. Ah, my kingdom for some sleep.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Korlash=prodded
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Korlash »

Ha ha ha... I actually checked the game thread before my PM box... Take that prod! I beat you to it!

Apparently I haven't posted in this game in a while... hmmm... Well this fixes that!
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Mirth »

Okay, I'm doing the reread now on SC.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by Mirth »

I'm only noting negative points and how/if they were resolved because this is pretty much what I was asked to do

On SC
-after the miller claim thing, SC makes a few useless posts that aren't playing.
-sucks up to me and llama and tries to cross out most of the town by poor reasoning (admits that this was bad bad bad play)
-misrepresentation of farside (cleared up since he didnt seem to understand)
-needs some prodding to examine electra
-posts a bunch more kinda useless posts
-lets corporate off a little too easy

On KK
-says I'm scum without building a case for it.

There we go. SC's play was mostly protown, the only thing bad about it was the kind of flakiness and some of his reluctance to post. That's about it. I'm ready to throw my vote to Tajo now if no one has any objections.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Just got home, catching up on the last few pages.
Corvuus wrote:Even if you dislike my walls of post, and my actions/intentions Tajo, everything still ends up being a test.
I've read what you've posted the past page or two. Your "case" against me as it were. You've made everything you've posted a test and by your standards I've certainly failed. But are the standards acceptable? Is the test fair?

If I'd ignored the GF idea and gone after populartajo, you'd be noting how that makes me scummy. If I jumped on the GF idea and gone after mirth, you'd be noting how that makes me scummy. I kinda saw what you were doing and I decided to ignore you and just go with my intuition was telling me.

Eventually you going to have to stop playing games and giving tests and notice that you have nearly 80 pages of evidence in this game already. If you are still playing "who is going to mention GF first/more" mindgames at this point to make your decision, then there is nothing I can do for you. It doesn't matter what I do/say at this point because you are in WIFOM hell.

Follow the evidence. Who has played according to their claim? If you think that Mirth played like a doctor, then populartajo is scum. If not, then Mirth is scum.
Mirth wrote:On KK
-says I'm scum without building a case for it.
I know you saw post 1930 because you replied to it. So why are you pretending to ignore it?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Mirth »

No, I'm not ignoring it. I was referring to how you didn't actually provide analysis *before* that post.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Mirth wrote:No, I'm not ignoring it. I was referring to how you didn't actually provide analysis *before* that post.
You also failed to provide analysis as to why that chronology is important.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Mirth »

What do you mean?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Mirth wrote:What do you mean?
It means that Socrates was a figment of Plato's imagination.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Mirth »

Except he wasnt so I fail to understand
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Mirth wrote:Except he wasnt so I fail to understand
Uh huh. I'm going to bed, so why don't you try thinking about it?

(Ha! Fair's fair :wink: )

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Mirth »

Sure, but not tonight. I'm about to collapse myself. I owe another thread a reread but my brain refuses to function any longer.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Corvuus »

KK:

Post whatever you like and do whatever you like.

I believe Tajo is the final scum and I indulged this 'godfather' theory too much when I should have just said "no, die". I should have taken my own 'advice' and stopped listening to tajo but where I am at now is "contribute or die (to tajo)".

You can post whatever you like and we will just read everything again if there does come to be a 'tomorrow'. No more mindgames, no more wifom, nothing.

C
P.S. To save my own sanity, I am only going to check in once every day or other day. my vote stays on tajo until the end.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Post by Korlash »

Vote: Pop

He got his say in a couple posts ago and the way things are going I don't have a lot of time to devote to this game.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:42 pm

Post by Mirth »

I'm going to take that as a no objections. So to finally get this over with:

Vote:Tajo
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:28 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ah, that'd be a lynch, wouldn't it? Let me do a votecount and mod scene in a few minutes...
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Thirty-Ninth "End of Day 5" Vote Count

"Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it."

Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (1): Kublai Khan
Corvuus (0)
Populartajo (3): Corvuus, Korlash, Mirth

Not Voting (1): Populartajo

Pop taj has reached lynch count.

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Deadline will be March 14th, 2009 at 12:00 PM EST

Well, it would be but you all kinda lynched someone now.

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The day began with one of the claimed staff going all out on tajo...never had forbiddanlight seen so many fingers pointed at one person. Mirth and Korlash hold Corvuus back from literally attacking tajo (though forbiddanlight of course would have stepped in before it became serious), and tell him that they need to discuss possibilities before they decide to lynch tajo. Well, possibilities are discussed, and perhaps because Mirth and Korlash got tired of holding Corvuus down, about mid day two more votes appear on tajo, ensuring his lynch. Tajo himself seems rather relieved for some reason as he's strung up, and as the noose snaps his neck, his expression, while happy, is one of peace.

You all then decide to do a search of his things...and you find, among other murder paraphenelia...a GUN! He might have had an excuse for the other stuff...but there's not WAY a nice person would have a gun! Not in an insane asylum! You all go to bed finally feeling as if your luck is changing, with another successful lynch. But will that luck hold, you wonder, as the flourescent lights dim and go out...

Populartajo, Mafia Goon, has been lynched

Original Roll String: 1d24
1 24-Sided Dice: (6) = 6

Deadline is sometime between 24 hours and 96 hours from now.

NOTE THE ABOVE! I SHORTENED NIGHT BY 24 HOURS!
[/i]
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”