Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Happily ever after is more everyone wins though. People will count it as a win or a draw. In this case, everyone loses. Cause they're dead. Mafia can't control 50% of the town if they don't exist. And how can a townie say that they eliminated all threats to the town if rocks fell on the town and everyone died?
Eh.. I'll talk about this more post-game.
Korlash wrote:So KK hasn't been paying attention to anything I say? That's a good insight to know. Here's a tip, if you think a guy is scum... Read what he posts. Just, you know, hint hint. I've only called him scum twice in the past ... couple of pages and even outlined a case for his benefit. The more you know right.
Sorry, I've been re-reading the past. Like the part where you confirm that Corvuus' cop PM is legit. And the present like the part where you says that Corvuus should consider you legit because you didn't try to get him lynched.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Corvuus »

You can convince me, you just have to say something that is actually convincing.

Your initial post 1981 is not convincing at all since it is just no lynching because we have 4 players and thus, like tajo, "it is all about maximizing our odds", blah blah.

It isn't to me since I consider Kor cleared and I stated why.

Kor gave his post (which has more detail and intention than yours) and I considered it.

I don't think it is optimum but, I am worried at this point and wish I let tajo live and killed both of you (KK/Mirth) instead :P. But oh well, I choose this path, I take responsibility.

I would rather play everything out today but there are night actions that could work in town's favor so I will accept a no lynch but not 3 times in a row :P.

------------------

You can say what you like KK, at this point, I don't think I can let Mirth live.

There are several things about you, SC/KK, that I don't like but I can see Tajo's point and the intention, motive, etc. all fits for Mirth. I.e. targeting the cops in previous days would have been best, but it didn't happen. If Mirth is godfather and she buddied/convinced me early (nk resistant cop, deadline extension, etc.) throughout the whole game, then she would win in the final endgame regardless of what happened. The fact that she now questions the cops and gives hesitation statement doesn't fit with the mirth I expected but it does with what Tajo is saying.

----

In the end, my problem with you SC/KK is that you don't play the way I would. Neither did Tajo. Kor as well, but as his sig. says, he is convincing. Mirth did, and I can understand the 'objective' view of Tajo on this.

If you don't want to 'no lynch' KK, then vote Mirth and we'll see what she says when she gets back.

C
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Corvuus wrote: In the end, my problem with you SC/KK is that you don't play the way I would. Neither did Tajo. Kor as well, but as his sig. says, he is convincing. Mirth did, and I can understand the 'objective' view of Tajo on this.

If you don't want to 'no lynch' KK, then vote Mirth and we'll see what she says when she gets back.
Eh? I proposed the no lynch. My original goal in proposing it was to force the scum's hand with the threat of draw/loss. As any scum move reveals too much for them at this point. I'm still for it, although I don't think it'll go far. Forbiddanlight kinda killed the idea.

I'm amiable to lynching Mirth, but she's gone until Sunday(i think?). So I'm content exploring my suspicions on Korlash until then.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Korlash »

Corv wrote:Sorry, I've been re-reading the past. Like the part where you confirm that Corvuus' cop PM is legit. And the present like the part where you says that Corvuus should consider you legit because you didn't try to get him lynched.
Never said he should consider me legit for not trying to lynch him. He already considers me legit, I don't need to convince him of anything. That was purely for your benefit.
KK wrote:I'm amiable to lynching Mirth, but she's gone until Sunday(i think?). So I'm content exploring my suspicions on Korlash until then.

You're doing a great job what with the ignoring my question about what parts of my claim you deem "shakey." You can lie to yourself about "exploring" all you want but unless you bring something into light I won't be able to set you straight...

Oh right,
Vote: Forbiddanlight

I want to know if lynching the mod ends the day, besides, she came up innocent! LYNCH THE SCUM!
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Corvuus »

hmm, I guess I view 'no lynch' as different from you KK but oh well. As I said, do what you like.

Kor: since you did investigate FL and you got a result, then that could mean she is the GF :P.

C
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:39 am

Post by Korlash »

It could... But I got an Innocent... So she can't be a GF... miller maybe...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys, I'm a miller! No, for serious'd!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Korlash »

LIES! Why didn't you claim when everyone else did?

Obvious fakeclaim people...

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Corvuus wrote:hmm, I guess I view 'no lynch' as different from you KK but oh well. As I said, do what you like.
No, well maybe... slightly different. I proposed No Lynch because it would benefit town greatly to have the number of possible suspects reduced. Since the scum might realize that, they might send in a no-kill. To discourage that no-kill, I pointed out that if town held their ground and no lynched, then we'd be deadlocked and nobody wins. This meant that scum cannot win unless they made a move and NKilled (thereby helping town). But forbiddanlight kinda killed my bluff before it could get started by threatening to kill the town for playing in a manner which I think is logically consistent for our win-objective and rewarding the scum for not trying to kill the town (which I assume is their win-objective). Now scum knows that we have more to lose than they do by sticking with a No Lynch strategy, so I'm a little deflated by the situation.

I'll still vote No Lynch today to see how it goes, but I don't have much confidence in the gambit anymore.

Tomorrow I'll probably vote Mirth over Korlash.

I believe Corvuus to be town because Korlash cleared him. And because I find it nigh-impossible that both Corvuus and Korlash are scum together in this setup.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Korlash »

We still have the option of turning the bluff into more then a bluff. If the scum do no kill tonight we can always no lynch again and force them to either take a mutual lose or kill someone. No I don't like handing my fate over to the scum but if I have to lose I want them to lose too. (And yes, being able to blame my loss on the scum for not being productive is also a bonus)

Whether we choose (or have) to do that is entirely up to tonight's actions and tomorrow's circumstances. So by no means am I proposing this as a legitimate strategy... yet...
KK wrote:I'll still vote No Lynch today to see how it goes, but I don't have much confidence in the gambit anymore.
That's pretty dumb to say then. It's like when you vote someone and then say "It's just for pressure..." it accomplishes nothing. Even if you don't have faith in something you should still pretend to. Not to mention the "bluff" is still there. Hell this time it's even stronger. Instead of forcing the scum to pick between potential lose and mutual draw they have to pick between potential lose and mutual lose. The "gambit" has actually grown stronger when you think about it.
KK wrote:Tomorrow I'll probably vote Mirth over Korlash.
... Why?

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

But forbiddanlight kinda killed my bluff before it could get started by threatening to kill the town for playing in a manner which I think is logically consistent for our win-objective and rewarding the scum for not trying to kill the town (which I assume is their win-objective
The town's win con is to eliminate threats to the town. Playing with no lynch/no kill cycles does not achieve that. "Happily ever after" is not a valid win. And how am I awarding the scum for not trying to kill town? I said EVERYONE dies, EVERYONE loses.

We still have the option of turning the bluff into more then a bluff. If the scum do no kill tonight we can always no lynch again and force them to either take a mutual lose or kill someone. No I don't like handing my fate over to the scum but if I have to lose I want them to lose too. (And yes, being able to blame my loss on the scum for not being productive is also a bonus)
You get three no lynch/no kill cycles
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Korlash »

does the cycle start with today's lynch or last nights no kill?

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

does the cycle start with today's lynch or last nights no kill?
Obviously I can only start it with a no lynch. To do otherwise could technically reveal information about the kill no one should be privy to
-StrangerCoug

Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:03 am

Post by Mirth »

Okay, I'm back. I'll get caught up probably later today. Sorry for the absence but real life and the evilness of having to fly somewhere called.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:03 am

Post by Mirth »

Sorry I took so long to getting around to this.

KK, 1981: I believe you are right. It may be the best idea.
Corv, 1984: But would it hurt? Also I reread SC and I'm not seeing very much of that. There are a couple of moments, but I feel they're mostly resolved by him later. Also wouldn't lynching FL effectively be a no lynch?
Corv, 1988: Because at that point I was convinced they were both scum and it didn't particularly matter which order they died in, cause the other one would die next, regardless?
FL, 1990: There has got to be some rule about modifying game rules at random :P
Corv, 1993: How exactly am I not consistent with myself?
Corv 2001: Soooo why exactly am I scum again? Case, please. Also, where did I buddy up to you?
KK 2008: This post makes no sense. Couldn't scum do a holding pattern just as well as town? (Assuming that it was a no kill over a protect from me, or at least before mod added the rule?)
Kor, 2009: Hmm. Wouldn't us lynching FL though not count as a no lynch, though?

I'm going to do a reread on Kor and Corv hopefully this weekend, but I think an FL lynch is the way to go.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:22 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FL, 1990: There has got to be some rule about modifying game rules at random Razz
Actually, I meant to put that in and apparently forgot. Like, there's supposed to be a rule there about me modifying the game rules when necessary, or unless I really really want to (as per Tar's ruleset :P) I should probably add that.

Anyway, give me a few minutes and you'll get a votecount. Marathon day got just a LITTLE bit in my way.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:29 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Forty-First "Super Asia" Vote Count

"You fool! Can't you see the Earth is dying?"

Kublai Khan (0)
Korlash (0)
Mirth (0)
Corvuus (0)
forbiddanlight (1): Korlash
No Lynch (2): Kublai Khan, Corvuus

Not Voting (1): Mirth

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Deadline will be March 24th, 2009 at 12:00 PM EST

-StrangerCoug

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:40 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Mirth wrote:Sorry I took so long to getting around to this.

KK, 1981: I believe you are right. It may be the best idea.
KK 2008: This post makes no sense. Couldn't scum do a holding pattern just as well as town? (Assuming that it was a no kill over a protect from me, or at least before mod added the rule?)
Man, you make it look like 27 years passed between my statements.

But to answer your question, I hopes the threat of a draw would force the scum's hand. If a town's No Lynch vote causes scum not to kill, then I'd say we've eliminated the threat to the town. If scum chooses to repeatedly No Kill, then they aren't working toward their (assumed) win obligation of overwhelming the town, so they should be the ones to take the loss. But the mod disagrees with me, so it feels like my point is moot.

But now Forbiddanlight is listing herself as votable in the votecount.. WTF? Is it possible to lynch the mod? What are the ramifications? I wonder...

Unvote
Vote: Forbiddanlight

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:06 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

But to answer your question, I hopes the threat of a draw would force the scum's hand. If a town's No Lynch vote causes scum not to kill, then I'd say we've eliminated the threat to the town. If scum chooses to repeatedly No Kill, then they aren't working toward their (assumed) win obligation of overwhelming the town, so they should be the ones to take the loss. But the mod disagrees with me, so it feels like my point is moot.
I'm of the opinion that both of you are failing to reach your assigned win con in a situation where both no lynch and no kill are flying all over the place. How can town claim they've eliminated ANYTHING without killing the threat? Just as scum can't say they control half or more of the town without killing.

But, as you said, this discussion needs to be done postgame.
-StrangerCoug

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:19 am

Post by Mirth »

First: can we hold off hammering the mod for a while.

FL: if we lynch you, that won't count as a no lynch, correct?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

First: can we hold off hammering the mod for a while.

FL: if we lynch you, that won't count as a no lynch, correct?
Hmm...interesting point. Well, essentially, lynching a target not actually in the game will result in no lynch. So yes, provided I'm not in the game. It will be obvious at the lynch scene though, should you attempt to lynch me
-StrangerCoug

Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Corvuus »

unvote, Vote FL

I do hope this doesnt arbitrarily satisfy your overall evil plans and that I just unleashed you upon the world, but I think you do need to die.

Corvuus

P.S. I feel much happier now that I can claim that I lynched you.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:36 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok, I say I'm dead. You no longer have a mod. Sorry...but I'm sure someone will volunteer to do votecounts and everything, right? This will all work out...RIGHT? I mean, I could call in no-...she's dead too...wait...wait...I'm sure someone will run the game if you ask nicely...but...as a dead person I can't give anyone the set up...

I don't think this is going to work out.

DAY 6 HAS BEEN RET CONNED

Pretend the last 3 or 4 pages didn't exist, I don't feel like deleting them. Oh. It's also mysteriously night. Isn't that funny?

Ok, ok, so you wanted REAL flavor? Gimme a post...I'll come up with something
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The real flavor (though I don't know why I'm giving you this. D6 never happened. It went from N5 to N6 magically.)

As Korlash claims that forbiddanlight is innocent, which somehow means she's guilty (you all really ARE crazy), the thin crowd gathers around her. As they try to tie her up and lynch her, the noose and gallows suddenly disappear. Also, she starts glowing gold. Because we all know Hyper Mode shows up as gold. She soundly punches everyone really hard so they are knocked out. Then night falls, and she waits patiently to see what happens next.

forbiddanlight, Awesome if a bit eccentric mod, has most assuredly not been lynched, and dares you to try that again.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Original Roll String: 1d24
1 24-Sided Dice: (4) = 4

Night deadline is between 24 and 96 hours. Enjoy

-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”