Kublai Kahn has won
A contest with much at stake
Now for the reveal...

Kublai Kahn...
VANILLA TOWNIEE
has won the haiku contest!
TOWNS
WINS.

Role list and maybe? PMs to follow. I'll be curious about the post game discussion.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:46 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

This is in red because violet is definitely the most unreadable color I could have chosen. Sorry.

Role List:
1x Insane One Shot Bulletproof Cop
1x Sane One Shot Bulletproof Cop
1x Death Miller
2x Miller
4x Vanilla Townie
1x Mafia Goon
1x Innocent Conspirator (reverse death miller)
1x Mafia Godfather

Yes, the Innocent Conspirator investigated as town. This was basically an exercise in "DON'T ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FREAKING COP". You all did reasonably well. The only flaw was the fact that farside didn't know she basically had to claim miller with everyone else, though knowing her partners investigated as townie (I believe, since I gave pregame talk) she probably should have taken the chance. I think the Innocent Conspirator role was completely used wrongly and ended up leading to the scums downfall. Town nearly screwed up the end there...ok, well Korlash nearly screwed up the end there by being wrong. KK was right that the set up had a lot of mirroring, and I kinda did that intentionally so that town had a chance of figuring out the reverse death miller. One shot bulletproof turned out to be more powerful than I imagined it would be and I think that may have tilted the balance slightly in towns favor.

Anyway, I fully expected swinginess like mad, and I got it. Looked like scum had got you by D3, but then everything swung around. I regret my failures in flavor where I revealed the number of mafia (which was an accident), and I was basically saying anything to keep that a secret when you all caught on. That probably made it worse. So, once it was kinda known, I basically just rolled the flavor with it, but only with the flips, not actual alignments. I was mildly surprised this came down to haiku off, but it greatly amused me, and I think it's a fair way to handle failings on both sides. Mafia failed to get enough people on their side for a mislynch, town failed to come to a consensus, which I'm soft on anyway. I'll be interested in hearing comments on these things.

That covers most of what I observed this game.

Oh yeah, Corvuus didn't have a PR. He had the exact same PM Korlash did. I found it hilarious that he faked a PR as a PR and got away with it without even being NK'd. That's basically all I remember now. I think I lost the PMs in the computer crash but I'll see if I can find them in my sent box. Feel free to post your role PM if you have it.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:52 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I totally called the reverse miller. :lol:
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:31 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

forbiddanlight wrote:

A pretty picture
forbiddanlight laughs loudly
Unable to control

Both haiku and cat
appeal to her interests well
And she declares win

Kublai Kahn has won
A contest with much at stake
Now for the reveal...
Goddamn. I was so worried about submitting that and most of my other haikus just looked piss-poor to me. It was a gamble...

Sweet! We won!

I'll have more thoughts later.. at work, then at a party later..

But later on... thoughts. I promise.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Goddamn. I was so worried about submitting that and most of my other haikus just looked piss-poor to me. It was a gamble...
You cheated and sent a picture. Odds are that wasn't going to be beaten. I merely stipulated that it had to be a haiku. The creativity was definitely bonus points.
-StrangerCoug

Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Mirth »

Eh, I pretty much knew my side was gonna lose from the beginning when the miller claims started, so these past few days I was actually trying to play for a scorched earth scenerio. Overall, my play in this game was subpar, I think, cause it just came at a very bad time and then I pretty much knew scum were screwed, so the motivation wasn't there. I promised Farside a game as a scum together, and when this game started, I was neck deep in work, so I wasn't really there. Tajo had it pegged right that I was scum, but for the wrong reasons of why I wasn't as vocal. Why I was attacking Corv over KK? Well, I already knew I'd lost, so I was trying to create confusion and hopefully get another no lynch. Also I was worried that if somehow miraculously there was a mislynch and I got to endgame, Corv wouldn't be killable. The corporate kill was for confusion, yes. Also because he was pissing me off with his non-playing. The SG kill was because we didn't really have a choice as to who to kill. That's pretty much it.

Anyways, congrats town.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:00 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Eh, I pretty much knew my side was gonna lose from the beginning when the miller claims started
Why? I don't think the millers really should have done too much. I mean, tajo was easy enough to frame, and as for the other millers, farside probably should have joined them. A little bastardly, yes, but it still could have been worse.

I'm more curious how you'd balance this set up though (if you think it unbalanced)
-StrangerCoug

ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:05 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Well... I think four millers would have meant someone was lying for sure.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:07 am

Post by Mirth »

Not a balance issue. More of a everyone wanting to leave them alone at first issue and then Farside not claiming miller and then Crazy doing the 3 er 4 miller thing. But mostly the first. The fact that a number of people automatically wrote them off as the not day's lynch was pretty much when I knew my side was screwed.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well... I think four millers would have meant someone was lying for sure.
Which is why it was farside's best play. Since it would force millers, practically confirmed by each other, to be lynched instead of NK'd. I'm still trying to figure out what I should have done about the cops.
Not a balance issue. More of a everyone wanting to leave them alone at first issue and then Farside not claiming miller and then Crazy doing the 3 er 4 miller thing. But mostly the first. The fact that a number of people automatically wrote them off as the not day's lynch was pretty much when I knew my side was screwed.
Ah, yeah. I'm mildly surprised at how...accepting people were of the role duplication.

And yeah, Crazy did mess you up there a bit. That was probably what led to his downfall.
-StrangerCoug

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Juls »

So congrats town. I was in this game like years ago. I have waited THIS long...watching this game wall post after wall post to apologize to Mirth. I'm sorry I had a little hissy fit. It was not completely brought on by you but a multitude of games and real life stress. I over committed myself and you were just the small spark that lit the match. I hope there is no hard feelings.

That being said...I am kinda glad that I left because I don't think I would have had the patience for this endgame. Congrats to KK and Corv for enduring it. :)
-------------------------------------
Juls
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:15 am

Post by Mirth »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Ah, yeah. I'm mildly surprised at how...accepting people were of the role duplication.

And yeah, Crazy did mess you up there a bit. That was probably what led to his downfall.
Yeah. And I was kinda hoping for my partners to outlive me. After the wagon on me (which I still say was unwarranted), I claimed doctor basically to get myself counterclaimed and get rid of the doctor if there was one in the game. I thought I was going down, so I thought I'd do that most damage while doing so. I didn't expect to outlive both of them.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yeah. And I was kinda hoping for my partners to outlive me. After the wagon on me (which I still say was unwarranted), I claimed doctor basically to get myself counterclaimed and get rid of the doctor if there was one in the game. I thought I was going down, so I thought I'd do that most damage while doing so. I didn't expect to outlive both of them.
I don't like doctors, and I don't like cops. No way in hell I'm having both, lol. One shot NK resistance makes things interesting. What's intriguing is I didn't have a vig :P.
-StrangerCoug

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:38 am

Post by Korlash »

Woohoo! Someone was able to cover for my stupidity! I love when that happens!
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Ok, got a free minute..
Forbiddanlight wrote:This is in red because violet is definitely the most unreadable color I could have chosen. Sorry.
Oh god, that's so much better.

First, apologies to Korlash. He did have a point in that I could have been more convincing. This is the first time I jumped into a game that was over 50 pages and I never felt like I successfully wrapped my head around it. Just too much info to boil down sometimes. Big thanks to StrangerCoug for leaving me in a good spot to start.

At one point I knew I wouldn't be able to convince Korlash of anything (before he voted for me even), but I tried anyways because I was worried about Corvuus having a sudden change of heart. I was thankful for populartajo setting Corvuus against Mirth, because I don't think I could have done it on my own. Mirth is a crazy good mafia player that I fear will best me in every subsequent game I play against her.

Crazy claimed really poorly and I'm interesting in what the night PMs were like because I got the feeling that he wasn't into game. Which is a shame, because forbiddanlight is right, he could have really screwed with the town. The "theif" claim and the cough-miller stunt made it obvious that he was a reverse miller.

Interesting and grueling game, Forbiddanlight.

Oh, before I forget.
forbiddanlight wrote:I should have made a rule about this earlier, but I'm going to state now that if you go for a happily ever after ending, which I'll define as 3 cycles of no lynch/no kill, if won't be happy.

In fact, this will happen and no one will win. Adding this rule now. Either that or I could have the mafier have a burst of energy from getting a full nights sleep three nights in a row and kill all of you. Either works.

Sorry if this irritates anyone.
Man, it kinda burns me when a mod changes rules on the fly. But I understand why you did it because the "...happily ever after." ending is really crappy for everyone (especially the mod). I meant to push the discussion to the post-game, but I think we ended up going over the main pro/con points of it anyways. Though it freaked me out to argue with the mod because deep down I know that the mod is always right (even if they investigate as guilty).

Mirth, what would you have done if we pushed the issue to the 3rd night?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Man, it kinda burns me when a mod changes rules on the fly. But I understand why you did it because the "...happily ever after." ending is really crappy for everyone (especially the mod). I meant to push the discussion to the post-game, but I think we ended up going over the main pro/con points of it anyways. Though it freaked me out to argue with the mod because deep down I know that the mod is always right (even if they investigate as guilty).
Sorry, I needed to have that clause in. I forget things, and that's something I need to remember. I try not to abuse the changing rules, but some people think I do. Ah well, at least you saw my point.

Oh, about me investigating guilty. It was a hidden rule. Investigating something not inside the game results in a guilty result (or innocent if you are insane or naive, etc.)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:41 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Crazy claimed really poorly and I'm interesting in what the night PMs were like because I got the feeling that he wasn't into game. Which is a shame, because forbiddanlight is right, he could have really screwed with the town. The "theif" claim and the cough-miller stunt made it obvious that he was a reverse miller.
Yeah. I think if it HAD been played correctly that the game would have been more interesting. The one shot NK resistance would NOT have been as powerful.
-StrangerCoug

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Mirth »

KK: I don't know. I was considering letting the mod randomize my kill by not submitting any on that second no kill night. Or killing you and trying to frame Corv. As I said, though, I knew I lost already, so yeah. I probably would have either killed you or nokilled to try and go for scorched earth.
cr3t1n
cr3t1n
Goon
cr3t1n
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:56 am

Post by cr3t1n »

forbiddanlight wrote:

DUE TO A MODDING ERROR I HAVE JUST REALIZED THE SCUM ALREADY WON!

THERE ARE THREE MAFIA STILL LIVING AND THEY KILLED LAST NIGHT!

cret1n, mafier mispellcaster
Killah Nine, chocolate mafier
and
Killer Seven, mafier godfather win!

Enjoy post game.
no, this isn't a thinly veiled April fools joke...

l0lwut
im exelent at mafier
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

im exelent at mafier
U wer a part uv teh mafier.

did u not no?
-StrangerCoug

Killah Nine
Killah Nine
chocolit townee
Killah Nine
chocolit townee
chocolit townee

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Killah Nine »

cr3t1n wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

DUE TO A MODDING ERROR I HAVE JUST REALIZED THE SCUM ALREADY WON!

THERE ARE THREE MAFIA STILL LIVING AND THEY KILLED LAST NIGHT!

cret1n, mafier mispellcaster
Killah Nine, chocolate mafier
and
Killer Seven, mafier godfather win!

Enjoy post game.
no, this isn't a thinly veiled April fools joke...

l0lwut
lol nice yo
[i]The fact that we hear people in real life speak like k9 is what helps us understand him.[/i] - natirasha
[i]I understand killah nine and got no problem with him.[/i] - pokerface
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:37 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Thanks for giving me a win Kublai Khan!
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Korlash »

Forbiddan wrote:Town nearly screwed up the end there...ok, well Korlash nearly screwed up the end there by being wrong.
Yeah well I like to think I did my part in helping to swing the town around D3... So I think I have the right to be wrong in endgame! :P
KK wrote:At one point I knew I wouldn't be able to convince Korlash of anything (before he voted for me even), but I tried anyways because I was worried about Corvuus having a sudden change of heart. I was thankful for populartajo setting Corvuus against Mirth, because I don't think I could have done it on my own. Mirth is a crazy good mafia player that I fear will best me in every subsequent game I play against her.
You're right, you couldn't have convinsed me of anything, neither could Mirth. The only person I was waiting for was Corv to reillistrate his case on mirth which either he didn't do or I completely missed it. The only thing I knew was that he seemed to have based his entire case on Pop, who I didn't even trust when he was alive. There was no way I was going to trust him dead.

In retrospect I should have done what I had planned to do anyways which was to not vote. As I was the only person I knew was town I wanted to be the one to hammer. And in retrospect to that I should have just hammered Mirth and been done with this game like I wanted with Crazy's lynch...

You know what, whatever, we won... that's the important thing. I doubt anyone is going to dwell on my mistake for that long...

[Que Fallout 4 cameo of newspaper clipping of event]

damnit...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:43 am

Post by populartajo »

Korlash you are dumb.
GG, all.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Korlash »

Right so me being wrong about Mirth is different from you being wrong about Crazy... how? Right, it's not.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”