She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:27 am

Post by Mastin »

Mod-Edit Votecount 1-3

Mastin - 5
(Caboose, Devestation, Amished, zu_Faul, Dust)

Zwetschenwasser - 2
(AceMarksman, zer0ph34r)

zer0ph34r - 2
(zoraster, zwetschenwasser)

Dust - 2
(Mastin, StevieT92)

alvinz95 - 1
(Azhrei)

zu_Faul - 1
(Maturin24)

killa seven - 1
(OrangePenguin)

NanooktheWolf - 1
(cateraction)

Not Voting - 12
(Everyone Else)

With 27 alive, it takes 14 to lynch.

King has confirmed, and does not need to be replaced.
over_9000 has yet to pick up his role PM, so he will be replaced.

Heh. Long page. I love long pages. I enjoy the thrill, the challenge, of such long posts. All the potential scumslips...all the potential tells that most people miss...it's exhilarating, it is. This is how I like to play mafia. ;)
Devestation wrote:I havent got any scumreads yet.
Three pages into the game?
And with a vote on me?

(I'm calling this BS)
Zu_Faul wrote:Vote:Mastin
Based off of nothing more than regretting signing up for this mess?!?

-S^1, + F, Zu, for bandwagoning off of such poor reasoning.
Dust wrote:It seems pretty clear to me that Mastin is insane
Yes! He gets it right.
I'm tired of people calling me Mad, or Crazy. It's insanity, in its purest form. :P
Interestingly enough, this is the most effective way of playing the RVS I've ever seen...
Precisely why I use it.
By having such long posts over trivial matters, I can easily gauge the reactions of others. These create a scum list of mine. (One which you're currently on, despite this good point)
Unvote (Not sure if I did so to begin with)
FoS: Amished
Hmm...
Top'o'page Mod wrote:Mod-Edit Votecount 1-2

Mastin - 3 (Caboose, Devestation, Amished)
Zwetschenwasser - 2 (AceMarksman, zer0ph34r)
zer0ph34r - 2 (zoraster, zwetschenwasser)
Dust - 1 (Mastin)
alvinz95 - 1 (Azhrei)
zu_Faul - 1 (Maturin24)
killa seven - 1 (OrangePenguin)

Not Voting - 16 (Everyone Else)
Amished has no votes.
Why not vote him if you find him suspicious?
Amished wrote:My point about Mastin is that in a game of 27 people, 20 of the 57 (not counting the first two posts by the mod) posts are by him.
So, what, is activity a scum slip, now? <_<

Did I mention that I have a -S^1, + F pointed at you, Amished?
and while I don't like the RVS all that much, I'd prefer to have everybody have a voice in it.
That takes days.
And pages.

Too long.
Mastin: As it *is* the RVS in a 30 person game in my opinion
No. No, it is not.
I got us out of it immediately.
Any vote at this point is likely serious.

And I will treat it as such.
what content would you like me to post?
Suspicions,
Reasoning behind those suspicions,
Why you are voting me...

Basically, to play the game.
Finally, with my vote on Mastin it's more due to non-pro-town playstyle so far, not a flipflop on his erratic behavior.
It's called bait.
My attitude is intentionally scummy.
For it attracts the scum into a trap.

I've done it before,
And I'll never cease to do it.
It's my playstyle to do so, and it works.
For it's led me to you, hasn't it?
I can see being erratic, and I was in my last RVS and it was rather fun.
I classify my own behavior as erratic, because that's what it's meant to be:
Inconsistent, jumping from one place to another, as scummy as one can be in the RVS.
To start discussion.
And nail scum.

Nailed you, Amished. ;)
There is entirely too much fluff/stuff that didn't need to be commented on that he is, wasting all of our time.
That is what the RVS IS, Amished:
A waste of time.

Precisely why my long fluff posts snapped us out of it so quickly.
Now, three pages into the game, I will make posts only as long as I feel they need to be. Everything I'm responding to is either me stating my suspicions, or me defending from these weak attacks against me.
On a side note, if you stop attacking me, it'd half the length of my posts. :P
it'll lead to town disinterest helping the scum slide by just due to people not wanting to read all of his selected passages.
If I were to scrutinize every post in the game, I'd find scum slips, Amished.
Zu wrote:OMG, why don't you just google it yourself.
The fluff post from Zu when the RVS is over has been noted.
Dust wrote:With his combination of over-commentary and erraticism, we'll be thrown into chaos, and lose.
My erratic attitude in the RVS got us OUT of the RVS, and has started to get us into order.

I'm not erratic once the game begins.

I scum hunt. Like I am right now.
I think we can, however, make a legitimate case forcing Mastin to either abandon his style in favor of something more helpful, or lynch him.

Let's give it our best try before resorting to things like replacing out, eh?

Vote: Mastin Enough posting shenanigans, por favor.
1: Pushing for a policy lynch is extremely scummy.
2: A sudden 180 over just one post by Amished with weak reasoning is incredibly scummy.
3: I have demonstrated how I am serious in the last page and a half, which is far from "shenanigans". Ignoring this and looking at my obviously-fluff early posts is tunneling at best, extremely scummy at worst.
4: The vote, at this stage, I feel is slightly OMGUS and if not, is based off of other's reasoning, and on top of that, poor reasoning.

Did I mention I'm voting for Dust?
Cateraction wrote:Obviously we're not going to get a good read on Mastin from what he's posted, that's the point of his playstyle.
I am quoting this for truth. Nobody reading me as scum has ever been correct, with the exception of game mechanics.
Zer wrote:Jeez, Mastin posts a million times a day and they're long as hell. I would be okay with this if they actually meant something.
For this, Zer has gained a few pro-town points.
That's exactly the reaction I'd expect from a pro-town player, for a few specific reasons.
Nanook wrote:So the point of his playstyle is to deflect any kind of reading on himself, that sounds pretty scummy to me.
Metagaming me doesn't work.
OMGUS, Cateraction
Fixed.
Zor wrote: Quoting every phrase may on occasion catch a scum slip or something, but it's going to be infrequent.
I quote what I need to in order to defend myself (defending without context is harder to understand, so I have to give a quote, making posts that much longer), then point out things which I find suspicious.
While you may have 12 hours a day to play each individual game, most do not.
Yesterday was a fluke. :/
It makes it easy for scum to slip by as any legitimate request for information at a player can get lost in the static of your posts.
The simple solution, to which, of course, is to have people scrutinize posts.

Zor's extremely pro-town for this line of thought.

Moving on, shall we?
Stev wrote: Posting Shenanigans? It's day one for christ's sake. That is the time for posting shenanigans. I have no problem with Mastin's claiming and randomvoting shenanigans, the point of D1 is to extract information from a situation where we have none. He has done a plenty good job of giving us a lot to think about out day one.
Pro-town points to Stevie!

Short-version-short:

These people are likely scum:

Dust,
Amished,
Devestation,
Zu

There's another which I believe I'm forgetting.

These people are likely town:

Zer,
Zor,
Stevie

My playstyle early on was erratic to catch scum, and it's worked. Now I'm being serious, and will keep posts as short as possible, but they might still be long every once and a while. (Like this one)

Yay, we're playing! Defending myself is so fun. :)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Mastin »

Helpful Handy Hint:
While I prefer for people to read my entire post, if you really don't want to, but don't want to miss anything important, scroll down to the bottom, below the [hr] tag. That's the best summary of my thoughts I can give.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Mastin »

Editing via another post:

The above only applies to long posts. While I love, and enjoy, long posts, I prefer to type shorter ones--they take less time.
Seriously, the post I have at the top of the page?
That took at least half an hour to write. Maybe longer.

And with someone as busy as I am, I need all the time I can get, so while I love long posts, I don't have the time for them 100% of the time.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Dust
Dust
Goon
Dust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Dust »

I do appreciate the effort to keep your posts shorter, Mastin. In a game with 30 people, every little bit counts to keep the game manageable. Anyway, on to relevancy!

With Mastin's statement of intent to keep his posting under control, I'll withdraw my vote of him.
Unvote

I agree with Cat in that Mastin is just as unreadable, if not more so, than Zwetschenwasser, which is quite an accomplishment. Of course, it also makes you incredibly dangerous. Just by your nature, I'll be watching you closely.

On a different point, I'd like to call Stevie on misrepresentation of my point against Mastin. I'm calling for less fluff, not less discussion. Fluff is inherently destructive to the town. It's distracting, it's not relevant for the game at large except for being looked upon as fluff, and can make it harder for replacements to deal with.

Oh yes, and Stevie? To get Mastin to shorten the fluff in his posts, there had to be some threat of repercussions, such as a lynch. That said, I think it was perfectly warranted that I proposed the strategy to accomplish those ends.
"Believe in me believing in you!" ~Kamina
Town: 1/0/0
Scum: 0/0/0
Other: 0/0/0
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Mastin »

Dust wrote:With Mastin's statement of intent to keep his posting under control, I'll withdraw my vote of him. Unvote
That was not the reason you voted me--
You voted me for erratic posting, and wanted me to stop such Shenanigans.
That said, I think it was perfectly warranted that I proposed the strategy to accomplish those ends.
All that fluff was in the RVS.
After I declared the RVS over, I had minimal to no fluff.

My vote on Dust seems justified, for now.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Dust
Dust
Goon
Dust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Dust »

OBJECTION!

[quote= "Dust"]
Anyway, as for your voting, I appreciate the clarification, because I agree about his playstyle. With
his combination of
over-commentary
and erraticism
, we'll be thrown into chaos, and lose. I think we can, however, make a legitimate case forcing Mastin to either abandon his style in favor of something more helpful, or lynch him. [/quote]
Dust
Dust
Goon
Dust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Dust »

Wow, Tag Fail.
Dust wrote:Anyway, as for your voting, I appreciate the clarification, because I agree about his playstyle.
With his combination of
over-commentary
and erraticism, we'll be thrown into chaos, and lose.
I think we can, however, make a legitimate case forcing Mastin to either abandon his style in favor of something more helpful, or lynch him.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Mastin »

Over-commentary != Long Posts. It means commenting on certain things too often. You can do that in a short post as well. I could ramble on all day about a single point to qualify for this, yet keep the post short.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Dust
Dust
Goon
Dust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Dust »

Hm, I think it comes down to semantics. By over-commentary, I meant that you would pick out every single line, even fluff, and comment. Hence, more commentary than necessary, and thus, over-commentary.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 10:01 am

Post by StevieT92 »

Dust wrote:On a different point, I'd like to call Stevie on misrepresentation of my point against Mastin. I'm calling for less fluff, not less discussion. Fluff is inherently destructive to the town. It's distracting, it's not relevant for the game at large except for being looked upon as fluff, and can make it harder for replacements to deal with.
There is no such thing as 'fluff', which was my point. Any discussion gives more information. That's what we want, information. The more posts that go unwritten, the more potentially valuable information is missed.

Dust wrote:With Mastin's statement of intent to keep his posting under control, I'll withdraw my vote of him.
Unvote
So you retract your vote once a second person votes for you? This is an attempt not to look scummy.
Dust
Dust
Goon
Dust
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Dust »

Misrepresentation again, Stevie. I accomplished what I wished to accomplish. There was no reason to vote Mastin further.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 10:03 am

Post by StevieT92 »

Dust wrote:Misrepresentation again, Stevie. I accomplished what I wished to accomplish. There was no reason to vote Mastin further.
:roll:
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Mastin »

Stevie's still pro-town,
Dust's still scummy,

I'm still voting for Dust.

;)
(I think I cut back a bit TOO much on post length--that could've been a one-liner. :P)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 10:41 am

Post by AceMarksman »

Mastin, don't start tunneling. We're only on page four.

IMHO, everyone getting worked up about mastin's posts (including Mastin) are scummy and/or trying to appear overly townie (by this, I don't mean trying to feign being town, just trying too hard to prove it). Discuss.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Caboose »

Mastin wrote:As for your reasoning, it's extremely poor, for the simple fact that I'm doing everything in my power to simply make my posts as long as possible. That explains all my actions rather nicely, don't you think? You better, for you'd only earn my suspicions if you di--oh, wait, I already voted you.
For it being only the first page, I don't think my reasoning is poor.
You're cluttering up the thread with your sarcasm about "scumbuddies," creating WIFOM if you flip.
Amished wrote:Cause following is easier than leading. That and Mastin looks like he knows what he's about.
Why?
Mastin wrote:Hmm...bandwagon...
I'm not sure if I like this, or dislike it... :/
You ask for a wagon, you get it, and then you don't like it?
Mastin wrote:I have suspicions of Dust, Amished, Devestation, and Nanook.

There. Happy?
Please
summarize
why you have them.

I don't get why everyone is saying that Mastin is unreadable.

Also, I don't get the Zu suspicion.
Ace wrote:IMHO, everyone getting worked up about mastin's posts (including Mastin) are scummy and/or trying to appear overly townie (by this, I don't mean trying to feign being town, just trying too hard to prove it). Discuss.
WTF is this supposed to mean?
This looks like chainsaw defense to me.

My vote was completely serious and it stays for now.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 10:59 am

Post by zoraster »

No, we're trying to make a 26 player game playable. And I appreciate Mastin trying to pare it down a little. I don't mind long posts at all if they're written in such a way as I can follow it, and there's a reason for it being long.

I think it is time for some of our missing players to assert themselves though. RedCoyote, King, hewitt, ryan2754, killa seven, Knight of Cydonia, Empking’s Alt, Tarhalindur, Caboose, orangepenguin all need to read and tell us what they're thinking.

unvote
vote: hewitt
for lurking.

Mod: You might be aware King has not posted anywhere since April 3rd
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Caboose »

zoraster wrote:No, we're trying to make a 26 player game playable. And I appreciate Mastin trying to pare it down a little. I don't mind long posts at all if they're written in such a way as I can follow it, and there's a reason for it being long.

I think it is time for some of our missing players to assert themselves though. RedCoyote, King, hewitt, ryan2754, killa seven, Knight of Cydonia, Empking’s Alt, Tarhalindur, Caboose, orangepenguin all need to read and tell us what they're thinking.

unvote
for lurking.

Why did you single hewitt out?
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 11:02 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

How is it chainsaw defense?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Caboose »

How is calling everyone voting for Mastin scummy not chainsaw defense?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 11:07 am

Post by zoraster »

Caboose wrote:
zoraster wrote:No, we're trying to make a 26 player game playable. And I appreciate Mastin trying to pare it down a little. I don't mind long posts at all if they're written in such a way as I can follow it, and there's a reason for it being long.

unvote
for lurking.

Why did you single hewitt out?
Well, I wrote that list out. RedCoyote I've known for a while and will almost certainly come in to post quite a bit without much provocation -- he's probably just not around to post at this exact moment. Next on the list was King, who i discovered is probably going to need to be replaced. Hewitt, on the other hand, I think should be active now.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 11:09 am

Caboose wrote:How is calling everyone voting for Mastin scummy not chainsaw defense?
You generalize, sir.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Mastin, how exactly did that post of mine gain me pro-town points?
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Caboose wrote:How is calling everyone voting for Mastin scummy not chainsaw defense?
Ace wrote:IMHO, everyone getting worked up about mastin's posts (
including Mastin
) are scummy and/or trying to appear overly townie (by this, I don't mean trying to feign being town, just trying too hard to prove it). Discuss.
What was that caboose?
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 12:54 pm

self-vote maybe?
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Jebus »

zoraster wrote:
I am aware. He responded to a PM I sent to him about not confirming his role about two hours after I sent it, he seems to be fine. (this PM was sent earlier today)
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”