(NanooktheWolf)

NanooktheWolf - 1
(ryan2754)

Not Voting - 6
(Everyone else)

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

(By the way,
Mod
, I should be on the Zer0 wagon as of post 1079).
Fixed, thanks :3

ryan 1167 wrote:RC, what do you mean by "Strange mix" in 1151
Caboose was not one of the most vocal, but certainly one of the most dedicated anti-Mastin players yesterday. cater also wasn't very vocal either, but he was a fairly strong supporter of using our lynch for scum yesterday.

King was one of the main lurkers yesterday, while Stevie was relatively opinionated. You, ryan, changed your mind about the Mastin situation.

Nanook, unlike King or Stevie, never seemed as certain about his vote to lynch Mastin as some of the others on the wagon, whereas I was more like cater.

All of this is what I mean by a strange mix.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by hewitt »

orangepenguin wrote:I am so lost and behind right now. I need to find where I left off last week, which shouldn't be too hard, but there are tons of wall of texts that are scaring me from starting.
You lived through Mastin and you're calling out walls of texts now?
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

hewitt wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:I am so lost and behind right now. I need to find where I left off last week, which shouldn't be too hard, but there are tons of wall of texts that are scaring me from starting.
You lived through Mastin and you're calling out walls of texts now?
It's not that big of a deal. I just need to catch up, and I feel bad for not posting in so long, even though I couldn't really.

Living through Mastin? Please.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:23 am

Post by StevieT92 »

hewitt wrote:
Kise wrote:@hewitt - Nah, I'd like to know (whether simple or elaborate) reasons behind people's votes. It cuts down and lets me know who's not jump mindlessly hopping on bandwagons, and who actually has valid reasons for wanting to lynch another player.
Thank you, my thoughts exactly.
I like how you say this, but until this point you had given 0 reasons as to why you called me scummy.
StevieT92 wrote:When you can name exactly what I said was an appeal to emotion, I will quit mafia.
StevieT92 wrote:and hoping that it will lead to a bandwagon against a townie
Hm...how about right there? This is how a town player would have said that line "and hoping that it will lead a bandwagon against me". But instead you used the word townie? That's one of those lines scum use when they're attempting to be sneaky and put a connection in others' minds linking you to the word townie. Simple psychology. And it's appeal to emotion because town wants to protect other town (obviously). You using the word townie is attempting to villainize me and make other people feel like I'm attacking you. Playing victim is appeal to emotion.
I wasn't playing victim, I was describing your behavior. I'm not a victim at all nor do I feel threatened by your weak attacks, I'm simply pointing out your scummy behavior. Terrible, terrible analysis.
StevieT92 wrote:Did I ever say you were leading a bandwagon?
Uh...How about the same quote?
StevieT92 wrote:and hoping that it will lead to a bandwagon against a townie
You're completely misunderstanding and misrepresenting my argument. You're NOT leading a bandwagon. You are making baseless accusations and hoping it turns into a bandwagon, which is scummy behavior. Scum never lead bandwagons, as it leads to too much scrutiny.
StevieT92 wrote:
Yeah, nice try bud. Everything you just said in your paragraph describes exactly what you're attempting to do
We are not doing the same thing, I am actually using quotes as evidence, such as when u falsely label me as appealing to emotion. You are making attacks without evidence. I am driving a bandwagon (against you), which is good for the town. You are simply attacking without ryhme or reason.
You're correct there. We aren't doing the same thing. You're throwing shit at me and missing pretty badly.
I'll ignore your pointless trash talk here.
ryan2754 wrote:Hewitt, how exactly was Stevie appealing to emotion? Stevie, I don't think his claims are unsubstantiated. I think his case on Caboose actually has a lot of merit. On you however, not so much. Then again, it doesn't really seem like he was ever trying to go hard after you. Even though he mentioned you alongside Caboose in the whole Mastin 50/50 thing, he has been attacking Caboose hard, and defending himself against you, who THINKS he is attacking you baselessly. So in essence, I think both of you are misconstruing the situation.
For the appeal to emotion thing see above. I agree that my case on Caboose has a lot of merit lol. And I don't have a case on StevieT, or at least I didn't when we started this little argument. I wasn't going after him at all. I understand the situation, I just think a) StevieT's not really good at reading or b) overdefensive and kinda scummy.[/qupte]

It's not that I'm defensive, it's that I think I've spotted Hewitt in a scum tell. (Throwing sh** and hoping some sticks)

I haven't tried to really make a defense, I've been trying to point out how Hewitt is scum.

Below is where I actually make a defense 8-)
ryan2754 wrote:Hewitt, can you explain why you think StevieT to be possible scum based on D1?
If I had to think of how StevieT is possible scum based on D1 I would point out quotes like this...
StevieT92 wrote:There is no such thing as 'fluff', which was my point. Any discussion gives more information. That's what we want, information. The more posts that go unwritten, the more potentially valuable information is missed.
I definitely disagree with this. Posts should obviously be constructive most of the time and not fluff. Fluff exists and it sucks, every once in a while it's okay but if there's a whole bunch of needless discussion going on then that's not discussion we need.
This is a game theory discussion. I have no idea how that makes me scummy. Great reaching though.
StevieT92 wrote:Which is information that I get more value out of at this point by it remaining private. I would rather disclose it at a proper time.
This whole "knowing what Mastin is" deal might've been more obnoxious than scummy I don't know, it was kind of shady nonetheless I feel.
I wanted to see how people would react, especially Mastin. By the way, I just would like to point out that if Mastin had claimed cop my crazy method would've had some merit as I would've led the charge against him. The way the game turned out, ya I looked like a fool. Oh well.
StevieT92 wrote:Also, I don't really think that Caboose is scummy, he just seems like he is getting frustrated with Mastin. I think your efforts, Mastin, would be best concentrated elsewhere, like Dust for example.
I would just like to keep this fresh in my mind for if Caboose gets lynched and flips scum...because I don't see this point of view at all.
This only applies to D1. I got that read on Caboose because I felt somewhat the same way and could see that he was sick and tired of talking about Mastin. Does not at all apply to D2, however, where he has done nothing to look pro-town.
StevieT92 wrote:I will
unvote: Dust
because trying to drive a one-man wagon is unproductive and depressing.
I'm a pretty big believer that you vote for who you think is scum and this just doesn't sit right with me. I honestly don't care if it's a one-man wagon if that's who you're most confident is scum then fight for it (which he didn't do very well).
It's alright to drive a 1 man wagon at the beginning of the day. It's how you find scum, I totally agree. However, the only power the town has comes from getting numbers on wagons (of scum hopefully :)). I have no problem with using my vote for the greater good, which may let the 1 person who I think is scum slip by. There is always the next day or I could even switch back if we get a reliable claim.

However, late in the day, driving a 1 man wagon is an irresponsible use of your vote. The town has usually reached some sort of consensus, and you need to get behind that.
That's pretty much it from D1 if I were to make a case on StevieT based on it.

Rather weak case to be saying that I look scummy based off D1, don't you think?
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:29 am

Post by StevieT92 »

I'm going to be working on a day 1 voting anlysis. Wish me luck!
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:33 am

Post by StevieT92 »

prod:Amished
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by hewitt »

StevieT92 wrote:I like how you say this, but until this point you had given 0 reasons as to why you called me scummy.
...We weren't talking about you.
StevieT92 wrote:I wasn't playing victim, I was describing your behavior. I'm not a victim at all nor do I feel threatened by your weak attacks, I'm simply pointing out your scummy behavior. Terrible, terrible analysis.
Incorrect. Not only are you playing the victim but you're playing the victim in attacks that you created yourself. Not attacks by myself but you created your own attacks on yourself.
StevieT92 wrote:You're completely misunderstanding and misrepresenting my argument. You're NOT leading a bandwagon. You are making baseless accusations and hoping it turns into a bandwagon, which is scummy behavior. Scum never lead bandwagons, as it leads to too much scrutiny.
Oh good so then you just cleared me as not being scum considering I'm attempting to lead a bandwagon. Thanks I guess.
StevieT92 wrote:It's not that I'm defensive, it's that I think I've spotted Hewitt in a scum tell. (Throwing sh** and hoping some sticks)
It's actually quite funny how you're defending yourself from yourself. I want you to go back and quote exactly how I "attacked" you and threw shit at you.
StevieT92 wrote:It's alright to drive a 1 man wagon at the beginning of the day. It's how you find scum, I totally agree. However, the only power the town has comes from getting numbers on wagons (of scum hopefully :)). I have no problem with using my vote for the greater good, which may let the 1 person who I think is scum slip by. There is always the next day or I could even switch back if we get a reliable claim.

However, late in the day, driving a 1 man wagon is an irresponsible use of your vote. The town has usually reached some sort of consensus, and you need to get behind that.
So if the town has decided that a player you don't think is scum is scum you should vote for them?
StevieT92 wrote:Rather weak case to be saying that I look scummy based off D1, don't you think?
I've never made a case on you. Ryan asked me to make a case on you based on your D1 actions. Are you reading this thread? Or just making shit up as you go?
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I don't know what else I can say in regards to all of your accusations at this point. I don't know how else to answer the fact that I changed my vote on Zero simply 'cause I didn't find him scummy any more at that point, as well as why I'm voting for Ace.

I like how ryan says that there is so much content, this is true, but not all of us are great at deciphering it. Day 1 was filled with confusion, and the night did provide some info, but not enough to base a vote off from connection wise.

I like to have a vote in place in a game of this size, and I do. Ace just seemed like the best option atm due to the lurking/post where he jumped. I haven't found anything in anyone else to warrant my vote atm.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Kise »

What the hell happened to the cat' wagon?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Azhrei »

V/La for the next few days, perhaps the next week
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

V/LA? You said you were going to have a post for us. :(
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Kise »

Same here.
V/LA for the next 6 days, although I will have access to a computer.

I'll be spending most of my time with family, but I'll comment if something catches my eye. Anywho, carry on with the argument, fellas.

Yet…
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

Damn you, Azhrei with your V/LA!!!
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
Mafia Scum
Empking's Alt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:41 am

Post by Empking's Alt »

Stevie: How far are you along?
AdjectivePick needs
replacements.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:46 am

Post by StevieT92 »

Empking's Alt wrote:Stevie: How far are you along?
like 1% done. I just did pre-work yesterday, I'm doing actual analysis now :).
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:46 am

Post by StevieT92 »

Mastin wagon analysis

Tracking votes for mastin. (First () indicates which votecount. In case of an unvote, second () indicates who, if anyone, they switched their vote to)

+Amished (1)
+Caboose (1)
+Devestation (2)
+zu_faul (3)
+Dust (3)
-Dust (4) (none)
+Empking (5)
+Orangepenguin (7)
-Amished (11) (none)
+Nanook (12)
+Zoroaster (12)
+King (13)
+Zwet (18)
+Ryan (19)
+Phoebus (19)
+AceM (20)
-Devestation (21) (none)
+Stevie (23)
-Zwet (24) (none)
-Ryan (25) (zero)
+Zero (25)
+Kise (29)
-Kise (31)
-Nanook (39)
+Amished (40)
+Azhrei (40)
+Devestation (F)
+Alvinz (F)

This is a table showing the people who unvoted Mastin, and how long they spent on the bandwagon before unvoting:
Dust: 1
Kise: 2
Zwet: 6
Ryan: 6
Amished: 10
Devestation: 19
Nanook: 27

A change of vote indicates a change of opinion. I do this table to try and spot who has had their vote on long enough to go through a change of opinion. Amished, Devestation, and Nanook obviously do not look scummy at all by unvoting. Dust and Kise both look very scummy be voting and then rapidly unvoting. (Who could possibly change their mind after 2 pages? Indicates ulterior motive to changing their vote) Zwet and Ryan both have relatively quick unvotes. Ryan unvotes to vote for Zerophear, so I don't think that was scummy. Zwet's actions are very slightly scummy.

Scum points (so far. The point of these points is just to serve as a quantitative record of scumminess. 1 point is not a big deal. 4, as Dust has already acquired, is):
-1 Devestation: 3rd person on wagon (not important, he's pretty cleared)
-1 zu_faul: 4th person on wagon
-1 Dust: 5th person on wagon
-1 Dust: OMGUS Voting
-2 Dust: hopping on and hopping off
-2 Kise: hopping on and hopping off
-1 Zwet: quick unvote

Totals:
Devestation: 1
Zu_Faul: 1
Dust: 4
Kise: 2
Zwet: 1[/spoiler]
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Kise »

So the Jack is most scummy?

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Kise »

Woops, scratch that. Misread Dust & Dev.

Yet…
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

OK I'm back. Sorry, but my V/LA was a lot longer than I expected. I'm going back through all I missed now.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

jeromus, have you gotten a chance to look over some of D1? What do you think of these charges against the person you replaced?

Amished, jeromus, Maturin, WC, Dev, and Azhrei, is there a reason y'all aren't voting anyone? If so, what is it? If not, are you planning on voting someone soon? Why or why not?
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:38 am

Post by Devestation »

Its related to the fact that I am unsure at this time.

Zerophear is definently anti-town but I don't think lynching is the best way to remove him, due to the risk that he is jester or whatever it's called here.

RedCoyote looks faintly town. Caboose looks neutral (I was thinking the same thing as him for lynching Mastin already to be honest), Hewitt appears strongly town, everyone else thats been voted for is either weak town or unsure.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by zoraster »

Devestation wrote:Its related to the fact that I am unsure at this time.

Zerophear is definently anti-town but I don't think lynching is the best way to remove him, due to the risk that he is jester or whatever it's called here.

RedCoyote looks faintly town. Caboose looks neutral (I was thinking the same thing as him for lynching Mastin already to be honest), Hewitt appears strongly town, everyone else thats been voted for is either weak town or unsure.
It's my understanding that his general playstyle is anti-town. I don't think anything he's done indicates jester.

oh, and
unvote
for the moment.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by hewitt »

Devestation wrote:Its related to the fact that I am unsure at this time.

So then who do you believe is most likely to be scum? Because somebody who looks faintly town or neutral or weak town does not necessarily mean you believe them to be most likely to be town/scum/whatever.

By the way I'll be V/LA until 7/3.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by hewitt »

Oh and while I'm gone can somebody please make sure Caboose's shit doesn't go flying under the radar?
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by Devestation »

*salutes Hewitt*

I think he is jester due to the sheer daftness of everything he's said. It just doesnt add up.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”