GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh, yeah! Forgot about Kise's JOAT nonsense. I'll stick it with an
FoS
for now until I can make a full case, but I'd also encourage people to re-read CB's posts and look for a pair.

---

Vote Count:

Kise(2)
- Battle Mage, BloodCovenent

Not Voting(11)
- Bekkatha, MafiaSSK, iPeanut, lobstermania, Platypus_Dude, Sando, BloodCovenent, DTMaster, xRECKONERx, saberwolf, Battle Mage, Scott Brosius, Kise

Deadline:
24/8/09 15:45 Central Time

7 to Lynch
4 to Lynch at deadline
green shirt thursdays
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:09 am

Post by DTMaster »

Blah blah, Hi I'm Emp's replacement, blah, blah, etc, etc /useless intro post and promise of reading up on the game.

A couple of statements to start off my post.

1.What is a JOAT? The all mighty wiki doesn't have it under the abbreviation section, nor can I find the wiki section on it. From the latest page I'm assuming a vig of some sort.

2. I also just read in Post 500 that Beck is trying to confirm two mafia teams. With the flavour hint of the title "Day Night Mafia" and Bovine being a Night Mafia Goon. I think it's safe to say there might be a Day Mafia team.

The only other interpretation would be going into symbolism and repeating English class all over again where Day = Town and Night = Mafia debate. But that is off topic.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

1. Jack of All Trades.
2. I'm agreeing with the two mafia teams.
green shirt thursdays
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:39 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

A jack of all trades is a role that has several different night actions, but can only use one per night, and only use that one, once.

with this last night, there is absolutely not a JOAT.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

I also agree with the 2 mafia teams, esp given the MonkeyMan kill last night seems like one scum group trying to hit the other.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

1. I'm going to let Kise come in before I even think about voting.

2. I keep forgetting my suspicions and reasons for people in this game. I'm going to try to reread.
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:37 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Scott Brosius wrote:I also agree with the 2 mafia teams, esp given the MonkeyMan kill last night seems like one scum group trying to hit the other.
No comments on suspects? You seem to know an awful lot about the kills.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by Kise »

Hmm... so you guys want a claim this early? For real? If I get 1 other person to ask, then fine, I'll claim. :lol:
BloodCovenent wrote:Kise, if people thought that Nham was generally pro-town, why would a town aligned JOAT vig him? It would have to be an awful town player to do so.

Why are you convinced Reck is scum Kise?
All of town except me, I guess. I believed/assumed nhammen's death to be at the hands of a JOAT with a 1-shot daykill. I didn't consider that the title of this game implies day & night elements/mafia teams. So at the time, it made more sense for nhammen's death to be day-vig or JOAT related.

I called Reck scum because of how he throws dirt on me at the end of D2. What I said was anti-town? I would have looked at it as having a neutral (useless) effect. Anti-town implies that what I said was benefitting to the mafia's objective; their victory. Reck blew it out of proportion if you ask me. Other then that, there's no evidence to suggest Reck is def-scum.

Now... time to view how everyone interacted with CB on D1.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by saberwolf »

haha, yay! I get to be the one person to ask:

kise: can you claim please?

:P
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Kise »

Gimme a drumroll

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Kise »

I have only a single ability, and that is through the power of disk-us-shin. Disk-us-shin with my fellow town folk on who to vote for, that is.

Mod: Wouldn't that count as 2 abilities?
:)

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Kise »

Then again, Caboose is the one I should be asking.

Yet…
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Can you explain disk-en-shin in more detail? I'm not familiar with that ability. Also Seraphim is the allmighty mod since Caboose went MIA.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Er EBWOP: disk-us-shin.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Upon sounding it out. I turn to hit my head for being a dense fool.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by saberwolf »

DTMaster wrote:Er EBWOP: disk-us-shin.
I really hope you aren't serious. It's like the game mad libs, just sound it out. It's obvious what he's claiming.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by saberwolf »

DTMaster wrote:Upon sounding it out. I turn to hit my head for being a dense fool.
just beat me there with this post :P
Show

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Can I have a summary of the game up to now?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Kise »

@BC - Your D2 claim paints you as quite a bold man, for someone to do so that early in the game... Did you not fear being targeted by both the day & night mafia? I.E. are you [personally] hoping there are protective roles for both phases?
iPeanut wrote:Kise: Started out strong, but a little to insistant. I agree with the case made against Konowa, but he's been replaced. I don't really buy into his reason for keeping the vote on xRECKONERx, though, since I'm also of the mind that asking questions is a good way to scumhunt. The more questions asked, the more likely they are to have to lie; the more they have to lie, the more likely they are to let slip an inconsistency.
Coaching. Great. Really really really really hope you don't flip scum. Wouldn't be a good look for me... jerk.

Yet…
Bekkatha
Bekkatha
Townie
Bekkatha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Bekkatha »

Battle Mage wrote:
Sorry, i didnt realise i was confirmed town. Why do you assume i'm not scum trying to get you mislynched?

BM
since i didn't get a chance yesterday to address this point, i'll do it now. That's true you aren't confirmed town - to my knowledge at least- but i read you as pro- town. If you are scum... congrats you're good at it. For the moment I view you as town.
"And they since they were not the one dead turned to their affairs"
~Robert Frost
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:47 am

Post by Sando »

Kise, I'm curious as to why you jumped to JOAT rather than a vig or SK, afaik they're much more common. Why would a JOAT use their one-shot kill so early?

I don't see the case against RECKONER, his 'mud-slinging' at the end of D2 was a statement that he found your rather odd comment scummy. Also, BM attacked you for basically the exact same thing, why is RECKONER more likely scum?

Kise, if you're on the lookout for mud-slinging, you make no mention of the blowup between Saber and myself/RECKONER, where he paints us both as scum with no reasoning, seems like classic mudslinging.

Monkeyman died in a non-shooting related incident, as opposed to Nham who was shot D1, significant?

Scotts last 3 posts have been hypothesising on the kills, he seems to have more information than he's giving, and/or looking for more information. Also, Scott, you raised the issue of the possible difference in kills between days, yet when that difference occurred, your conclusion was a non-sequitur, why?

At the moment I'm really not liking Kise or Scott. The JOAT conclusion was pretty left-field, and followed by the vanilla-claim, it makes very little sense. Scott has contributed nothing except to postulate on the kills.

Vote: Scott Brosius
iPeanut
iPeanut
Goon
iPeanut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:14 am

Post by iPeanut »

The only thing I think I missed on yesterday's activities is that I now fully understand why BM suspected Bekk, though I personally would read the confused reaction as nulltell (town or scum could get confused on that). Don't think I had anything else to respond to, other than agreeing that Disneyworld's prices are outrageous (which they are =.=).
DTMaster wrote:With the flavour hint of the title "Day Night Mafia" and Bovine being a Night Mafia Goon. I think it's safe to say there might be a Day Mafia team.
I agree with this. Putting Night into the role name would be redundant without having some other kind of mafia.
my post way way back there that Kise quoted in 543 wrote:but a little to insistant
Oh my GOOOOD I HATE TYPOS. *grammar nazi* I'm going to go rip out my eyeballs very slowly now. Aaagh! I can't believe I did that. DDDDDDDDX *too *insistent
Kise wrote:Coaching. Great. Really really really really hope you don't flip scum. Wouldn't be a good look for me... jerk.
Didn't mean for that to be coaching, I was just fleshing out my thought process. Sorry. )= Why wait until now to comment on it, though?
Kise iso 22 wrote:Also, CB, before you perish, do you mind telling us if you're 100% sure that there's 2 factions? I don't believe nhammen's death was the result of daykilling scum.
Kise iso 24 wrote:All of town except me, I guess. I believed/assumed nhammen's death to be at the hands of a JOAT with a 1-shot daykill. I didn't consider that the title of this game implies day & night elements/mafia teams. So at the time, it made more sense for nhammen's death to be day-vig or JOAT related.
In iso 22 you at least acknowledged the possibility of its existence before handing out the JOAT suspicion. Mind you, I was also considering a day-vig type role for a while there, but the further along we got, the less likely it seemed that would be the case. But, given that the speculation was out on the floor by then, I'm not understanding why you still suspected that before dayscum at that point.
Bekkatha wrote:since i didn't get a chance yesterday to address this point, i'll do it now. That's true you aren't confirmed town - to my knowledge at least- but i read you as pro- town. If you are scum... congrats you're good at it. For the moment I view you as town.
Not to argue that BM's scummy, but what exactly has you pinning him as town? I'm reading him as town for now, myself, but I'd like to see what you're thinking. For me, he's a very aggressive player and is catching several things that I, at least, would probably be missing. Pro-town, but I don't think I'm reading him as pro-town as you are.
Sando wrote:Monkeyman died in a non-shooting related incident, as opposed to Nham who was shot D1, significant?
If it means anything, doesn't it imply that we've got more than one day-killer? And if so, by extension, wouldn't it imply that a: we went through two turns, each in which one of them decided not to kill, b: that there are separate roles for day blocking, c: the night power roles either choose to use their powers during day or night or get to use them once for each, or d: their killing ability alternates by day? Any of those would require a certain degree of luck.
"Hey dudes, thanks for rescuing me! Let's go for a burger...Ha! Ha! Ha!" - Bad Dudes
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Slight FoS: Saber
for asking Kise to claim, but not mentioning being suspicious of him before, nor saying anything about his claim or even voting him after.

MafiaSSK: I would hate to not get my skim-through of the thread done, but I'll try to sum it up for you when I'm done. (This should give me more incentive to read it)

Everyone/Anyone: What kind of role, besides the godfather, can give a cop an inno report? Is it a 'basic' role? How common is it in the forums?
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Platypus_Dude wrote:
Slight FoS: Saber
for asking Kise to claim, but not mentioning being suspicious of him before, nor saying anything about his claim or even voting him after.
Im not checking this, and assuming ur right, this is a good spot.
Platypus Dude wrote: Everyone/Anyone: What kind of role, besides the godfather, can give a cop an inno report? Is it a 'basic' role? How common is it in the forums?
Whats the point of this question?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Sando wrote:Kise, I'm curious as to why you jumped to JOAT rather than a vig or SK, afaik they're much more common. Why would a JOAT use their one-shot kill so early?

I don't see the case against RECKONER, his 'mud-slinging' at the end of D2 was a statement that he found your rather odd comment scummy. Also, BM attacked you for basically the exact same thing, why is RECKONER more likely scum?

Kise, if you're on the lookout for mud-slinging, you make no mention of the blowup between Saber and myself/RECKONER, where he paints us both as scum with no reasoning, seems like classic mudslinging.

Monkeyman died in a non-shooting related incident, as opposed to Nham who was shot D1, significant?

Scotts last 3 posts have been hypothesising on the kills, he seems to have more information than he's giving, and/or looking for more information. Also, Scott, you raised the issue of the possible difference in kills between days, yet when that difference occurred, your conclusion was a non-sequitur, why?

At the moment I'm really not liking Kise or Scott. The JOAT conclusion was pretty left-field, and followed by the vanilla-claim, it makes very little sense. Scott has contributed nothing except to postulate on the kills.

Vote: Scott Brosius
QFT pretty much the entirety of this. Who was it yesterday who said they wanted to see what the Night Mafia kill flavour was? Because im thinking the wierd kill method implicates that person as scum. Will check it out now.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”