BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:45 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

qwints wrote:BC, your actions didn't match how I think you would play as scum in that situation. That's why I unvoted.
what did you expect me to do?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Tubby, you're confusing me. First you go for Konowa, trying to get answers out of him. But once other people start noticing Konowa's scumminess, you start defending him and saying that BC is a better lynch.

Could you and Konowa be scummbudies? Maybe when the BC lynch looked so definite you decided to be "suspicious" of Konowa a bit, so that you won't be thought of as his scumbuddy if he is lynched (or vice versa). Maybe you were distancing yourself.

On the other hand, you could just be a townie, seeing how Konowa would react, seeing if he looked scummy. Once other people started changing their votes, you started defending him. Why? After all the interrogation, why don't you think he's a worthy lynch candidate? What did he say that made you less suspicious of him?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:16 am

Post by hewitt »

dramonic wrote:define steamrolling, as I can see what Konowa is doing but can't find the link with an acutla steamroller XD
If you're looking for a wiki on steamrolling it's not there it's a term I brought to the game from real life Mafia. Steamrolling is insisting that certain players are town and certain players are scum in order to confuse town players. The player who's steamrolling takes a leadership position in dictating who the rest of the town should be going against and who they shouldn't. It's a scum tactic used to confuse the town players and submit to the scum player, thinking they're missing something that the scum player is not.
Konowa wrote:hewitt, you misunderstood my question. Let me rephrase.

Why is it scummy/anti-town to be confident in a read on someone early on in game?
It is not scummy to be confident. It is scummy to declare that you're 100% sure someone is town or scum. See above definition of steamrolling and then you might get why it's scummy.
Pomegranate wrote:Tubby, you're confusing me. First you go for Konowa, trying to get answers out of him. But once other people start noticing Konowa's scumminess, you start defending him and saying that BC is a better lynch.
Thank you for pointing that out.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:40 am

Post by Benmage »

hewitt wrote: It is not scummy to be confident. It is scummy to declare that you're 100% sure someone is town or scum. See above definition of steamrolling and then you might get why it's scummy.
QFT

I still think BC is scummy, but Konowa's play since the getgo has seemed weird. He's not going to explain how he deduced "100% scum because of the role pm" right?

I don't like this wishy-washy qwints either.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:06 am

Post by X »

Vote Count

BloodCovenent
: (9) dramonic, Kise, DeathNote, Volume, TylerJ, Benmage, Black Jinx, tubby216, qwints
DeathNote
: (2) orangepenguin, Konowa
Konowa
: (2) magichands, hewitt
Benmage
: (1) ConfidAnon
qwints
: (1) BloodCovenent
randomlunatic
: (1) Pomegranate
Volume
: (1) Ditto

Not Voting
: (3) Gegenstand, randomlunatic, Snow White

Vote Threshold
: 11

Happiness with Posting Level
:
Satisified
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:12 am

Post by tubby216 »

Pomegranate wrote:Tubby, you're confusing me. First you go for Konowa, trying to get answers out of him. But once other people start noticing Konowa's scumminess, you start defending him and saying that BC is a better lynch.

Could you and Konowa be scummbudies? Maybe when the BC lynch looked so definite you decided to be "suspicious" of Konowa a bit, so that you won't be thought of as his scumbuddy if he is lynched (or vice versa). Maybe you were distancing yourself.

On the other hand, you could just be a townie, seeing how Konowa would react, seeing if he looked scummy. Once other people started changing their votes, you started defending him. Why? After all the interrogation, why don't you think he's a worthy lynch candidate? What did he say that made you less suspicious of him?
ok here is the deal,
my thoughts on Konowa, i still think Kowona is scummy. I mean he is pretty difficult to deal with

my defence of Kowona isn't really a defence it was more of a refrasing since Konowa thought he would be modkilled and for the sake of the town getting the info we need i figured i'd help him out.

plus i still don't see anthing that BC has done to make him go up in towns points other than shutting up and hoping people forget he exsists.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:25 am

Post by Pomegranate »

tubby216 wrote:

On the other hand, you could just be a townie, seeing how Konowa would react, seeing if he looked scummy. Once other people started changing their votes, you started defending him.
Why? After all the interrogation, why don't you think he's a worthy lynch candidate? What did he say that made you less suspicious of him?
ok here is the deal,
my thoughts on Konowa, i still think Kowona is scummy. I mean he is pretty difficult to deal with

my defence of Kowona isn't really a defence it was more of a refrasing since Konowa thought he would be modkilled and for the sake of the town getting the info we need i figured i'd help him out.

plus i still don't see anthing that BC has done to make him go up in towns points other than shutting up and hoping people forget he exsists.
Could you please answer the questions I bolded?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:26 am

Post by hewitt »

tubby216 wrote:plus i still don't see anthing that BC has done to make him go up in towns points other than shutting up and hoping people forget he exsists.
I don't think anybody has town points this early in the game. Everybody kind of starts at 0 and the only thing you can do is sink lower in scummy points, and right now I think Konowa has sunk lower than BloodCovenent.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Pomegranate »

hewitt wrote:
tubby216 wrote:plus i still don't see anthing that BC has done to make him go up in towns points other than shutting up and hoping people forget he exsists.
I don't think anybody has town points this early in the game. Everybody kind of starts at 0 and the only thing you can do is sink lower in scummy points, and right now I think Konowa has sunk lower than BloodCovenent.
QFT
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:23 am

Post by tubby216 »

hewitt wrote:
yah but BC got scumm points the only way to get rid of scum points is to get town points. and only a two pages ago 10 people wanted him lynched and now all of a sudden that number has dropped and continues to drop and i wanna know why?
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:26 am

Post by hewitt »

No no no I don't think you understand. Just because you do something that's pro-town doesn't mean that cancels out something that you did that's anti-town. It doesn't work like that. Right now, I'm basing my vote on the scummiest player, and that would be Konowa. Are you like on a team with Konowa or something? Because you're definitely trying to deflect all attention away from him onto BloodCovenent.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:27 am

Post by tubby216 »

Pomegranate wrote:
tubby216 wrote:

On the other hand, you could just be a townie, seeing how Konowa would react, seeing if he looked scummy. Once other people started changing their votes, you started defending him.
Why? After all the interrogation, why don't you think he's a worthy lynch candidate? What did he say that made you less suspicious of him?
ok here is the deal,

Could you please answer the questions I bolded?

because Konowa fell for BC's trap, and was stickin with it. now that either means he is town or a scum tryin to seel his buddies story.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:28 am

Post by tubby216 »

hewitt wrote:No no no I don't think you understand. Just because you do something that's pro-town doesn't mean that cancels out something that you did that's anti-town. It doesn't work like that. Right now, I'm basing my vote on the scummiest player, and that would be Konowa. Are you like on a team with Konowa or something? Because you're definitely trying to deflect all attention away from him onto BloodCovenent.
because BC is the bigger scum.

but screw it lynch who you want. I'll just sit back and watch.

My vote stays on BC
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:35 am

Post by dramonic »

thank you Tubby, for not commiting to this game.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:36 am

Post by hewitt »

tubby216 wrote:because BC is the bigger scum.

My vote stays on BC
Wow that is a great and compelling argument...screw it...real pro-town attitude right there.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:16 am

Post by qwints »

BloodCovenent wrote:
qwints wrote:BC, your actions didn't match how I think you would play as scum in that situation. That's why I unvoted.
Among other things, I didn't expect a VT claim from scum so early in the day. (Site-wide meta, not you personally). The other things are less concrete, but give me a feeling that you're not the obv-scum you'd need to be to justify a lynch at this time.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:51 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

hewitt wrote:Do any of you get the concept that you cannot possibly know whether players are town this early in the game?
Obviously you can't know for 100%, but due to the speed at which BC's bandwagon formed, and his recent posts, I feel safe calling him town.

qwints, your wishy-washy ness does not look good.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:08 am

Post by tubby216 »

hewitt wrote:
tubby216 wrote:because BC is the bigger scum.

My vote stays on BC
Wow that is a great and compelling argument...screw it...real pro-town attitude right there.

why not you are not listening anyway,.

BC post 151 is a scum claim. especially with the last statements i pointed out on page 8 or 9.

I see now why Konowa would be town in believing BC's claim because of the wording of it.

I see where he would think deathnote is scum because of his stance agianst BC claim.

But if you are convinced that BC is town,
I think it is far more prudent to look at those who have contributed very little, Orangepenguin comes to mind as well as kise,ditto and some others i believe pressure is needed on them.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Konowa »

hewitt, I can see where you are coming from, but I still feel that you are voting for me because you do not like my playstyle. I play aggressive and am very vocal. If I am sure that someone is scum and no one else sees it I am going to keep repeating myself.

I am going to back over some things later tonight after I have finished making dinner and put my daughter to bed.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:11 am

Post by tubby216 »

@ the mod gegenstand has not posted all game has ne been prodded or is there a v/la or a replacement enroute?

X:
Gegenstand was prodded from post 187. He still has approximately 23 hours to post in thread before he is replaced.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:34 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

qwints wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:
Among other things, I didn't expect a VT claim from scum so early in the day. (Site-wide meta, not you personally). The other things are less concrete, but give me a feeling that you're not the obv-scum you'd need to be to justify a lynch at this time.
The most convenient claim for scum is VT, why were you surprised that I claimed? Did you expect me to try and hold out for a while before I claimed VT? For scum, VT is the easiest role to claim.
You
asked me to claim, I just find it surprised that you backed off due to
my
claim.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:43 am

Post by hewitt »

tubby216 wrote:why not you are not listening anyway,.

BC post 151 is a scum claim. especially with the last statements i pointed out on page 8 or 9.

I see now why Konowa would be town in believing BC's claim because of the wording of it.

I see where he would think deathnote is scum because of his stance agianst BC claim.

But if you are convinced that BC is town,
I think it is far more prudent to look at those who have contributed very little, Orangepenguin comes to mind as well as kise,ditto and some others i believe pressure is needed on them.
First of all I'm not the only player other than you in this game so the defense of "why not you're not listening anyway" doesn't fly. And I never said that BloodCovenent is town, when have I ever insinuated that I think he's town? In fact, I'm pretty sure I've said that he's one of the scummiest players in my book. And if those players need pressure on them then go put pressure on them! Don't whine about it.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Benmage »

BloodCovenent wrote:
qwints wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:
The most convenient claim for scum is VT, why were you surprised that I claimed? Did you expect me to try and hold out for a while before I claimed VT? For scum, VT is the easiest role to claim.
You
asked me to claim, I just find it surprised that you backed off due to
my
claim.
I agree.

Where is OrangeP Ditto and the others :(
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Post by tubby216 »

its my party and i will whine if i want to
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Kise »

BloodCovenent wrote:Contributed very little to this game, first he defended my wagon here, then he notes that he agree's with something that Dramonic says. That's about all the he said regarding my case. Now he jumps on my wagon with no case of his own. He mentions the "appeal" of mine, which is more of a statement. It shouldn't be regarded as anything important.
He wasn't defending you against Konowa. He was scumhunting; asking Konowa why he voted w/ no explanation. That's not defending you, so, he did not turn 180 because he was never taking your side to begin with.

@BC - Prove your role... how many words are there in the 2nd line of your role PM? How many words in the 3rd line of your role PM? (yes, I'm going there again)

X:
This question is certainly not allowed to be answered.

@Ditto - Ignoring me, are we?

@Konowa - No, the fact that the wagon rose does not prove anything. There are a lot of [town] players here, so when they see a slip, they eat that shit up like piranha food.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”