saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by saberwolf »

COW: [to avoid wall posts]

Anyone who I said likes ZazieR are the ones who have agreed with just about everything he has said, and/or oppose the same people.

As for my misunderstanding....well damn :(
I considered it tunneling because they didnt want to wait for others to show up to start accusing. They were perfectly content to accuse anyone who was in that room...which unfortunately was only the three of them.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Comments

@Sabre/Zazier Meta Call

Unfortunately the search button is disabled to fix the memory leaks, so unless someone archives their games (or updates their wiki pages), it might be difficult to track the games down.

Saber did you keep your role PMs?

Also you could ask Mastin for those meta links. Maybe that'll help.

@Sabre
I like the links you establish, but I'm a bit wary to put full faith in this because of the concept of busing. For now though this point is weak since it involves WIFOM reasoning and there is not enough information from personal alignments.

@Admiral
I know you are V/LA and all but when you are rereading this can you do a summary post. Hope your internet gets working again.

(Just a little reminder to the town while lurking is very anti-town, Admiral was the only person with a legit reason to give for it. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for his situation)

@Town
I'm much more comfortable with a vote on Kill-kill and/or Cain right now due to the outlined reasons. So direct questions for both of them if they ever come and reply:

1. Both: What are your current town reads?
2. Cain: Are you still satisfied with your vote on Lumi/Mastin? It's past the RVS now, so if you still like the vote why are you keeping it? What's your case on Lumi?
3. Both: What do you have to say in defense to your lurkerish actions.
4. Kill-Kill: You are keeping your vote on Cain but you mentioned that his meta involved some odd mistakes (ie town claiming scum, etc). Why did you keep your vote if you knew Cain's town meta was poor and you outlined he was looked like he was acting noobish in your ISO 3?
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by saberwolf »

DTMaster: do you mean the role PMs from previous games? Nope, delete them as well as any other trace of the game when it's over with.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Sabre

Yep. But aw... :< Then probably Mastin might have some meta links.
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Kill-kill »

DTMaster wrote: 4. Kill-Kill: You are keeping your vote on Cain but you mentioned that his meta involved some odd mistakes (ie town claiming scum, etc). Why did you keep your vote if you knew Cain's town meta was poor and you outlined he was looked like he was acting noobish in your ISO 3?
First of all, being noobish as a townie in no way helps the town. However, the main reason is his willingness to jump on the Mastin bandwagon. If he had been trying to use the bandwagon to scum hunt, he would have followed up with questions, suspicions, something. I think his inexperience led him to believe that he could lynch someone who wasn't in his faction early, when an experienced player would know that the wagon would never get a lynch without evidence.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

The timing of that post suggests you are actively lurking. Why is that?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:58 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Kill-kill
It is true, but you are also guilty of doing the something. You are tunneling on Cain without actively scum hunting him (ie asking him questions). Your recent arguments only read as: I am pressing him because he is newb and anti-town, not I'm pressing him because he is scummy.

Your ISO 3 supports this statement:
Kill-kill wrote: About all I have now is a feeling that out of hohum, nikanor, and DTM one is scum. Cain could either be scummy or just plain weird, and Toro seems to be tunnelling on Cain, without solid reasons (I understand there are reasons, I am just saying I don't consider them enough to bring out the pitchforks)
Your vote and your reasoning do not make sense. You were the one to bring up his meta as being very noobish in your ISO 3, what is different from his last game to this game to suggest his current actions are scummy?

Scott brings up a good point with his 305 that you are actively lurking, you only responded to my number 4, the only question that was directed to you individually.

You skipped my number 1 and number 3 questions which is addressed to both you and Cain. Why? What are your responses to them?
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:09 am

Post by Toro »

@SaberWolf: I never said that I 'like' ZazieR, just because I agreed with him on something doesn't group us together.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Kill-kill »

DTMaster wrote:@Kill-kill
It is true, but you are also guilty of doing the something. You are tunneling on Cain without actively scum hunting him (ie asking him questions). Your recent arguments only read as: I am pressing him because he is newb and anti-town, not I'm pressing him because he is scummy.
What questions should I ask him? Are you scum? Why did you vote for Mastin (already answered)? Or, make an argument that someone else is more scummy for you, or I will vote for you. I think the last is most effective.
DTM wrote: Your vote and your reasoning do not make sense. You were the one to bring up his meta as being very noobish in your ISO 3, what is different from his last game to this game to suggest his current actions are scummy?
He didn't fake-claim scum.
DTM wrote: You skipped my number 1 and number 3 questions which is addressed to both you and Cain. Why? What are your responses to them?
I misread your post and didn't realize those were directed at me.

1: Not you. I would have to say that Cow, Zzazie, and Toro are the three that seem most town to me.
3: There are two things I can do: one, post for the hell of it, throw around weak suspicions and make it easy for scum to defend themselves against a weak attack, or wait and see who actually is scum, and come with a legitimate accusation. I chose the second. Would you prefer that I make thirty "OMG, not capitalizing names is scummy!" posts?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:41 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Kill-kill
1. Yes voting is another way to pressure someone to answer is another method of scum hunting. No you can't say that you don't have questions to ask Cain in the midst of this. Even I had asked both you and Cain questions to answer for your lurker charges. Your hypothetical situation showing that you cannot question scum hunt Cain to me is just a bad excuse to not participate in the town discussion and to continue on with active lurking.

Even Lumi who has a similar style posted continued with some activity (see her 285) and tried to get some questions answered. She even went further and did a town analysis in her 140 without me asking you.

2. He didn't fake claim scum? In this game yes. In the other game he did.
Iso 3 Kill-kill wrote: I think just inexperienced, period. He fake-claimed scum day one in the other game I am in, and just got lynched (vanilla townie).
This suggests that he is still developing his style. If you are basing your argument on this point you still need to answer for the whole
inexperience part of his meta that you gave us

3. Not me? Odd sentence to put in (and reads as: hostile to me). Can you elaborate on why they are townie. Can you also expand to your top scum picks are right now?

4. You are making a false accusation of me. First off you are actively lurking right there. Secondly you tell me in the whole 13 pages of content you have nothing, absolutely nothing to comment on other then your case on Cain? I'm not asking you to make 30 weak posts of ZOMG SPAM HERE PLZ, I'm asking you to participate in the town discussion.

If your case is so valid on Cain, why aren't you actively showing how Cain is currently more scummier/deserves to be looked at then say me or sabre wolf. You don't have to actively defend us here, just point out for example:

"While Sabre and DTM show lots of buddying, and sabre is ultra sensitive against Zazier, Cain has been lurking since his last posts. Lurking is very anti-town and blah blah blah... keep with the vote."
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:25 am

Post by Toro »

ZazieR wrote:Post 146
Toro
, who do you mean with ‘them’? Also, is the last paragraph a joke or not?
Last paragraph is a joke, seeing as how in the other games people have been all over my ass.

And by 'them' I was referring to whoever Scott was referring to, (Has, Nik, DTM, hohum).
Post 181 – Toro, Cain explained why he joined the bandwagon in Post 176. Why no response to it when you are attacking him over it?

I feel that we can still put the pressure on Cain over this issue if Saberwolf gets some of the pressure off of him, or on D2. But as of right now my vote is still with Saber and I'm happy to leave it there.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:49 am

Post by saberwolf »

I <3 Toro

*gives toro a hug and a cookie* :P

I'm actually at a loss on where to go from here :?
Show

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Toro »

saberwolf wrote:I <3 Toro

*gives toro a hug and a cookie* :P

I'm actually at a loss on where to go from here :?
I'm a parrot, I want crackers remember?

*SQUAWK*

:lol:
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:57 am

Post by saberwolf »

Kill-kill wrote:
DTMaster wrote: 4. Kill-Kill: You are keeping your vote on Cain but you mentioned that his meta involved some odd mistakes (ie town claiming scum, etc). Why did you keep your vote if you knew Cain's town meta was poor and you outlined he was looked like he was acting noobish in your ISO 3?
First of all, being noobish as a townie in no way helps the town. However, the main reason is his willingness to jump on the Mastin bandwagon. If he had been trying to use the bandwagon to scum hunt, he would have followed up with questions, suspicions, something. I think his inexperience led him to believe that he could lynch someone who wasn't in his faction early, when an experienced player would know that the wagon would never get a lynch without evidence.
For the most part this is all true, but you gotta remember a BW has to start
somehow
. It isn't about the validity of the BW for the first two or three votes...it's about backing it up when the final vote or two is put on it for the lynch.
Show

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Toro »

Just because I'm looking for a good laugh before heading off to work for 6hrs, could someone please go over the details of why and how Cain fake claimed scum? :lol:
Show

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:28 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Scott Brosius wrote:The timing of that post suggests you are actively lurking. Why is that?
I'd just like to point out that this isn't active lurking. This is simply lurking. Active lurking is posting but not posting any game content. He's just lurking, as in, not posting for long periods of time, but then posting when called out.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Kill-kill »

1. Yes voting is another way to pressure someone to answer is another method of scum hunting. No you can't say that you don't have questions to ask Cain in the midst of this. Even I had asked both you and Cain questions to answer for your lurker charges. Your hypothetical situation showing that you cannot question scum hunt Cain to me is just a bad excuse to not participate in the town discussion and to continue on with active lurking.
Cain has three posts. Do you really think questioning him would be effective?
This suggests that he is still developing his style. If you are basing your argument on this point you still need to answer for the whole
inexperience part of his meta that you gave us
I did. I feel he is inexperienced scum. Do you have any reason to believe that he is not scum?

In fact, why are you arguing to lynch Cain or I when your main argument against me is that I haven't questioned Cain strongly enough?
DTM wrote:Can you elaborate on why they are townie. Can you also expand to your top scum picks are right now?
They are not strong town reads--I try to avoid letting myself think that someone is town on Day One. With this many scum, odds are good that I would end up trusting one of them, which could be disastrous if we both survived to the end game. ThAdmiral is V/LA, and with essentially no posts to his name, he is completely null. Cow strikes me as town for arguing against wishy-washy-ness. Toro is at least not in the same faction as Cain--he wouldn't try to bus in the RVS (people would just ignore it), and potentially bandwagoing a teammate would be foolish. Zzazie is more of a null read, but less scummy than others.

With the number of scum, my top scum picks are pretty much everyone not on the town list :-D . That being said, Cain is obviously number one, and after that would be Scott. He hasn't contributed much, merely picked at what others are doing. My opinion of him is scum looking for the other faction.

saberwolf wrote: For the most part this is all true, but you gotta remember a BW has to start somehow. It isn't about the validity of the BW for the first two or three votes...it's about backing it up when the final vote or two is put on it for the lynch.
Yes. But if he had been fishing for reactions (as he essentially said when he stated that he just wanted to start a bandwagon), he would have been all over DTM for trying to derail the wagon, more or less like hohum and nikanor were.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:58 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Kill-kill

1. Yes because ignoring those questions and "playing anti-town" is another argument against Cain if he doesn't answer them. I don't see how questioning would not be beneficial in your case against Cain, not questioning him is much worse in my opinion.

2. Since you gave out his meta, had you considered that he might be inexperienced in general? Yes his posts are weird and have a sense of scumminess, but as you said he only posted 3 things so far. I can't make a strong read off him just on 3 posts, but your recent statements:

"I did. I feel he is inexperienced scum. Do you have any reason to believe that he is not scum?"

Show a sense of bias against him.

3. I dislike your methods right now which is why I'm questioning your intent. When I do an ISO read this is how it goes:

ISO 0: RVS Vote

ISO 1: Your joking statements on the town reads as of so far. While you did do a partial IIoA rehash on this post, but you did weigh in on your thoughts here on each point. +towniness

ISO 2: Interesting response to Nik's question, though I dislike the fact that you didn't do this summary post until after you were called on it.

ISO 3: This is where you gave the meta information and point your finger at: your top 3 are hohum, nik and me (one is scum). Next is Cain for his odd play and Toro for his tunneling. I note the fact that you haven't gone for the top picks and went straight for Cain. Here you take into account Cain's inexperience to mafia but later condemn it.

ISO 4: Your argument, while true, the problem is Cain is inexperienced in general. It's a double standard to assume Cain's one game with you would assume that Cain's town actions would play along your pro-town scenario. It might be obvious for a lot of players that you should follow up on your vote, but you are applying this argument on the guy who fake-claimed scum. Until more posts are given I'm willing to just
IGMIOY: Cain
and take notes as things develop. It doesn't clear Cain's actions, but I'm more lenient to give him the benefit of the doubt till he makes more effort to explain himself. Also I would prefer to keep a noob townie then a pro-scum player at the end of the day.

ISO 5 and ISO 6 are me calling you out after the giant walls of posts were done. The issue: you read to reply back to me quite quickly but had nothing to contribute to the current debate going on.

I get a sense that your posts reads as person going for the easy target, rather then actively trying to scum hunt. You have a large lists of people to be considered scum and a small list of weak townie links. It just feels off when you aren't expanding on which of those links are true or not.

4. Your Scott statement is interesting, can you point out more on this case?

5. Your statements on the townies I agree with your point but some issues are there:

a. I don't quite understand how Toro fits into a more townie scenario then the rest of the list. Your busing argument is WIFOM, so it is a weak reason to state. You assume too much when you say they can't be on the same faction (it looks unlikely but yes too soon), nor does it excludes the potential for Toro being on a different scum faction.

It reads as bias on someone who agrees with you and should go after Cain since he is the other person who wants to investigate him more.

b. Cow's anti-wishy-washy statements were done a while ago (see end of page 5 start of page 6). While his point is valid can you elaborate on how Has' recent activities support his township?

c. Can you elaborate why Zazier is just a null tell. I personally see him null possibly leaning townie since he's been producing some results with his wall posts, but dislike some parts of his arguments as I outlined in my posts.

Mod: Can we prod Cain and get an Updated Vote count?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:03 am

Post by hasdgfas »

can you elaborate on how Has' recent activities support his township?
remind me to say something about this after kill responds
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:14 am

Post by DTMaster »

I don't mind if you want to respond now actually. But ok I'll remind you if you then.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:27 am

Post by hasdgfas »

DTMaster wrote:I don't mind if you want to respond now actually. But ok I'll remind you if you then.
I don't want to influence his answer by responding now.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:28 am

Post by DTMaster »

Ok. I'll remind you then "makes a note". If I forget remind me to remind you Kay? (Note I'm kidding here :P)
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

Vote Count #5

hasdgfas
: 1
(Cain)

Kill-kill
: 1
(DTMaster)

Cain
: 3
(Kill-kill, Scott Brosius, lumi)

Nikanor
: 2
(hohum, saberwolf)

Saberwolf
: 5
(Toro, hasdgfas, ZazieR, Nikanor)

Not Voting
:
(ThAdmiral, saberwolf)

With 12 Alive it takes 7 votes for a lynch.

Prodding Cain
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Kill-kill »

Cow

Comes in, attempts to arbitrate nikanor/DTM argument, and tries to get the discussion back to real scum-hunting

Leads scum hunting against DTM (instead of trying to convince him that he was defending, attacks the noncommital stance)

Silence :-p

Switches to saberwolf for some semantics and OMGUS (not really liking this one, but the OMGUS is a legitimate reason for voting)

Points out that he wasn't on Zzazie's list. This is null in my mind

Overall, nothing I find scummy. And some things that are in the interest of the town. So, leaning town.

Cow: remember to respond :-p
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:58 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Kill-kill
Can you source it? But in general I see the null/townie stance. (I'm going to ISO raed to make sure it's accurate, once I'm off work that is)

Also is that all you have to reply to in my 317 post? I'm pretty sure I said more then that one question.

@Cow
Want to respond now?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”