peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:20 am

Post by peacesells »

Scott Brosius wrote: and his analysis ONLY of the people who voted Cain still sound anti-town to me.
I explained the reasoning for that and if you choose to outrightly act like I did not explain that reasoning then I can only assume you are trying to manipulate others thoughts in this regard.

Instead of saying "he only focused on those voting Cain" why don't you tear apart my reasoning instead. Then no one is misled by you into thinking I did a huge OMGUS tunnel on 5 players.

When I get the opportunity (meaning several hours of free time) I'll post my thoughts on other players.
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:22 am

Post by peacesells »

Nikanor wrote:
peace wrote:I think it's pretty likely that there is 1, 2 or 3 anti-town on the Cain wagon right now so I will be concentrating on those 5 players that voted for me (Cain.)
Why is it unlikely for there to be four or five scum voting you?
I guess there could be...but it doesn't fit my META experience. I've never seen a wagon of all scum...but since this game set up is one that I've never played...I guess they all could be scum. I still find it very doubtfull.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

peacesells wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote: and his analysis ONLY of the people who voted Cain still sound anti-town to me.
I explained the reasoning for that and if you choose to outrightly act like I did not explain that reasoning then I can only assume you are trying to manipulate others thoughts in this regard.

Instead of saying "he only focused on those voting Cain" why don't you tear apart my reasoning instead. Then no one is misled by you into thinking I did a huge OMGUS tunnel on 5 players.

When I get the opportunity (meaning several hours of free time) I'll post my thoughts on other players.
Your reasoning for it is complete WIFOM. Of course you would say there are 1-3 scum on your wagon regardless of your actual position.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:26 am

Post by peacesells »

I don't see how WIFOM is relavent in this. I can see OMGUS but not WIFOM.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Toro »

Scott Brosius wrote:My vote is staying on Cain/peacesells. His lurking, wanting to be replaced at L-2, and his analysis ONLY of the people who voted Cain still sound anti-town to me. Also the little comment about how SW is acting scummiest seems like he's attempting to buddy up to town.
You do realize that Cain and peacesells are two different people right?
peacesells wrote: With one read through my general feeling is Saber is scummiest acting (well actually, I would have voted Cain had I not been him as he appeared as a newb scum to me.)

I'm still not sure about SW. The wagon built up so quickly then crumbled, not really sure what to think of that. He certainly has not been acting very town, but I think peacesells is still a better lynch for today.

SW:are you still content with your vote on Nik? What do you think of Cain's replacement?

Getting town reads from DT

I wasn't getting good vibes from hohum, but alas he has vanished. Need to hear more to make an opinion.

Toro has a weird style, but I would lean town for the time being. Not enough to go on here though.

Toro:Why did you unvote?

Still retain my earlier suspicions of lumi.

I am pretty neutral on nikanor, cow, kill, Zaz at the moment.[/quote]

I unvoted as I see that peacesells has at least taken a liberal position in this game and asking plenty of questions. Of course this doesn't mean that I completely believe that he's town, but he's looking town to me now.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I promise I will post tonight. I'm busy today but I am catching up slowly.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Kill-kill
Kill-kill
Goon
Kill-kill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:53 pm

Post by Kill-kill »

Scott Brosius wrote:My vote is staying on Cain/peacesells. His lurking, wanting to be replaced at L-2, and his analysis ONLY of the people who voted Cain still sound anti-town to me. Also the little comment about how SW is acting scummiest seems like he's attempting to buddy up to town.
peacesells wrote: With one read through my general feeling is Saber is scummiest acting (well actually, I would have voted Cain had I not been him as he appeared as a newb scum to me.)

I'm still not sure about SW. The wagon built up so quickly then crumbled, not really sure what to think of that. He certainly has not been acting very town, but I think peacesells is still a better lynch for today.

SW:are you still content with your vote on Nik? What do you think of Cain's replacement?

I wasn't getting good vibes from hohum, but alas he has vanished. Need to hear more to make an opinion.

Toro has a weird style, but I would lean town for the time being. Not enough to go on here though.

I am pretty neutral on nikanor, cow, kill, Zaz at the moment.
This is exactly the kind of post I have been looking for from you Scott. Why so long before announcing reads on players? Surely you had some of these before.
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by peacesells »

Kill-kill wrote:

I am pretty neutral on nikanor, cow, kill, Zaz at the moment.
This is exactly the kind of post I have been looking for from you Scott. Why so long before announcing reads on players? Surely you had some of these before.
Really..that's the kind of post you were looking for? Let's analyze it a bit and see if there are really any thoughts of substance here.
Scott Brosius wrote: I'm still not sure about SW. The wagon built up so quickly then crumbled, not really sure what to think of that. He certainly has not been acting very town, but I think peacesells is still a better lynch for today.
This statement is borderline informative. Makes a good point about the SW wagon. This is the only thing I consider an actual contribution to the scum hunt.
Scott Brosius wrote: SW:are you still content with your vote on Nik? What do you think of Cain's replacement?
This is just filler. Asking questions like this are a disquise for lurking. Why doesn't he give HIS thoughts on the subject first?
Scott Brosius wrote: Getting town reads from DT
Really? Why?...allmost a useless post due to it being a very non-committing statement.
Scott Brosius wrote: I wasn't getting good vibes from hohum, but alas he has vanished. Need to hear more to make an opinion.
Again, why? State your reasons so you at least appear to be scum hunting.

Scott Brosius wrote: Toro has a weird style, but I would lean town for the time being. Not enough to go on here though.

Weird style makes him suspicious? If this is his method of play then that has no bearing on if he is town or scum...it's his style. How about more thoughts on why you think Toro is suspicious?
Scott Brosius wrote: I am pretty neutral on nikanor, cow, kill, Zaz at the moment.
Here is some insight we can't do without.

As I pointed out before, Scott appears to be playing this game but is he really? Where has he been helpfull at all? Everything he has done so far has pretty much been fence sitting with some general "feelings" thrown in. To me it is obvious he does not want negative attention..hence his fence sitting and bland statements position.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

peacesells wrote:Ok..gonna give some general feelings here on a few players. I think it's pretty likely that there is 1, 2 or 3 anti-town on the Cain wagon right now so I will be concentrating on those 5 players that voted for me (Cain.)

Kill Kill: I'm a bit confused about Kill Kill. He voted for Cain but subsequently put forth reasons how Cain would be town...not sure what to make of this. Fence riding with a hidden vote? Trying to make it seem like he was defending someone while still voting for them? Like I said, confused.

Scott: Someone had mentioned that Scott seems pretty town/helpfull so far. I don't get this. To me all he has done is fence sit and make general "mafia game" comments..."this usually happens" type stuff. They are the kinds of posts that make someone seem helpfull and "good" without actually committing to the game. Basically a play it safe style to avoid attention. Definitely not active scum hunting.

Lumi: Seems a bit paranoid that people continue to "singel" him/her out. Not sure what to make of this but seems really worried about players directing attention his/her way without any actual votes.

DT: If there is a player type in this game I can relate to the most it's DT. His early discuss about Mastin is probably one I would have agreed with. Why jump on someone who hasn't even showed up yet? FWIW I've played with Mastin and his Wall of text was tiresome...along with his insistance that we must META-game him. I have a hard enough time reading everything in one game let alone reading someone elses 5 other games. Sheesh! Anyway, back on topic. I don't see anything particularly good or bad about DT so far.

Toro: Earlier I stated that while reading the thread in case I got a role I thought that Cain seemed pretty scummy or horribly inexperienced and young. Well, I was pretty much following Toro's logic. Also his points to Kill-kill about his defense of Cain yet still voting him are interesting.

Right now my list of suspects would be in thise order. Scummy to Town

Vote Scott

lumi
Kill
DT
Toro
And this post, reflects a non-neutral opinion about one player (me), with a town lean for Toro. You are either "confused", "not sure what to make of this", or "don't see anything good or bad so far" about the other three players you list. And you accuse me of saying bland statements? It's also pretty ridiculous to chastise me for having neutral reads on players D1.

How is my question filler? Obviously I think you are anti-town since my vote is still on you. SW hasn't posted in a awhile so I inquired about his vote. What do you want me to answer?

DT didn't overreact to the stupid Mastin beginning of this game and has been informative and questioning many people. So a town lean.

Hohum seemed to be antagonizing DT and keeping that Mastin argument going too long. But he has disappeared.

I was told this is Toro's style of play. Of course style of play is a factor. Do you play the same style of play when you are town and scum?

Toro: Obviously I am aware that Cain/peace are 2 different players. That doesn't mean we forget about the replaced player though.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:39 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Nik

As Scott points out in your 398 sabre is voting for you. Scum slip? Reading slip? Up for debate.

@Scott
No the replacement is a neutral tell for one reason, Cain requested for one. Had Cain not requested and told us about his new job, and got a forced replacement instead, that would have been stronger evidence against him.

Still the issue of replacement is tricky since these are real people with commitments elsewhere. Alone is too weak to convict cain/peace.

Can you elaborate how Peace's analysis is anti-town?

Peace commented about his list shortly after he did the analysis with:
Peace wrote: To be clear on this list. This is only ranking those that had votes on Cain (me) per my thoughts that there must be scum in there somewhere.

This does not mean others aren't scummy. It's just that I'm focusing my attention here while I have the to do so.
To read the list correctly Toro looks town to me.
This to me interprets as starting off scum analysis when we have an easy bandwagon on town, if you assume cain/peace is town. OMGUSy yes, but anti town?

402: WIFOM? I'm confused how that post/OMGUS analysis is WIFOM? You are tunneling heavily on cain/peace though, your last sentence reads it like that.

408: BTW your reasoning on sabre is slightly weak since he V/LAed for monday due to poor internet, so he's a day overdue. Same with Admiral who just got back.

I'm surprised though you haven't questioned Admiral with the same reasoning against SW. Fake scumhunting sign?

Also can you meta link Toro? Had you played with him or is the game ongoing? Yes I agree that this is his play (in a game with him) but I cannot assign an alignment with that play. Therefore it is a weak meta-call just enough to make a note out of it, but that's about it. It cannot be used to defend or attack Toro.

@Toro
Quote tag fail :p

@Peace 407
The strongest thing you get from the SW comment is that Scott chose a side and outlined it. It would have been a strike against him if that statement was: "I support a SW or Peace lynch atm" since it'll be fence sitting. This upgrades from scum sign to just a neutral sign.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:01 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Thadmiral's super quick read through!

Page 1: discussion of mastin and his large posts. Not much here.
Page 2: discussion of grammar. Not much here either.
Page 3: the same 3 or 4 people keep arguing with each other. No real suspicious activity.
Page 4: more people arrive. Game is starting to warm up.
Page 5: I think this is the first really good post of the game:
Nikanor wrote:
Toro wrote:I put a vote on a guy who hopped on a bandwagon on the first page, and all of a sudden I'm scum.
Nobody said you were scum. Guilty conscience?
While I do like my DTM vote, I believe this one will serve me better:
Unvote. Vote: Toro.

IGMEOY: DTM
DTMaster tries to be very careful in what he is saying but just comes across as cautious scum.
Page 6: people discuss the cases on offer. Not much is resolved.
Page 7: Zazier arrives. Posts 21 times in a row. Usual behaviour.
Page 8: Saberwolf responds to Zazier. Posts 8 times in a row (is it zazier in disguise?). Omgus votes zazier.
Page 9: "why isn't nik on zazi's list?". That is about all.
Page 10: Zazi posts.
Page 11: Zazi continues posting. Saberwolf responds but mainly attacks Zazier's playstyle.

TO BE CONTINUED...
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:24 am

Post by peacesells »

Scott Brosius wrote:
And this post, reflects a non-neutral opinion about one player (me), with a town lean for Toro. You are either "confused", "not sure what to make of this", or "don't see anything good or bad so far" about the other three players you list. And you accuse me of saying bland statements? It's also pretty ridiculous to chastise me for having neutral reads on players D1.
The statements I made that you may have interpreted as "nuetral" reads had much more to them than my feelings are nuetral on these players... I actually brought up thoughts on these players. BTW...my impression on Lumi is definitely not nuetral..he's/she's pretty scummy compared to others so far in my book.
Scott Brosius wrote: How is my question filler? Obviously I think you are anti-town since my vote is still on you. SW hasn't posted in a awhile so I inquired about his vote. What do you want me to answer?

DT didn't overreact to the stupid Mastin beginning of this game and has been informative and questioning many people. So a town lean.

Hohum seemed to be antagonizing DT and keeping that Mastin argument going too long. But he has disappeared.

I was told this is Toro's style of play. Of course style of play is a factor. Do you play the same style of play when you are town and scum?

Toro: Obviously I am aware that Cain/peace are 2 different players. That doesn't mean we forget about the replaced player though.
Better stuff imo than just saying someone is scum/town/nuetral.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:41 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Admiral

Can you show this?
Admiral wrote:
DTMaster tries to be very careful in what he is saying but just comes across as cautious scum.
As it stands it's an accusation without any refrence.. so I don't know what you are talking about here.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:37 am

Post by Nikanor »

DTM wrote:As Scott points out in your 398 sabre is voting for you. Scum slip? Reading slip? Up for debate.
Way to say something without saying anything at all.
I think that when the Cain bandwagon started, saberwolf's vote was on Zazie. That's what I meant when I said what I said.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Toro »

DTM wrote:@Toro
Quote tag fail :p
Quiet you.

And Admiral do you currently have list of who you find most suspicious so far? I'm just curious to see.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

I don't like how SW became very very quiet since the wagon on him crumbled. Almost as if he does not want to say anything harmful again. He picked up his prod claiming internet failures, promised to post Monday and has not. He posted in an ongoing game yesterday where I am dead however and still nothing here.

Unvote: peacesells
Vote: saberwolf
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Can we get a vote count?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:58 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Scott Brosius wrote:I don't like how SW became very very quiet since the wagon on him crumbled. Almost as if he does not want to say anything harmful again. He picked up his prod claiming internet failures, promised to post Monday and has not.
QFT
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:16 am

Post by peacesells »

[quote="Scott Brosius"]He posted in an ongoing game yesterday where I am dead however and still nothing here.
[quote]

This is interesting..do you have a link?
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:46 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

Vote Count #7

Cain
: 3
(Kill-kill, lumi, DTMaster)

Nikanor
: 2
(hohum, saberwolf)

Saberwolf
: 4
(hasdgfas, ZazieR, Nikanor, Scott Brosius)

Scott Brosius
: 1
(peacesells)

Not Voting
:
(ThAdmiral, Toro)

With 12 Alive it takes 7 votes for a lynch.

Prodding hohum, lumi, ZazieR
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

peacesells wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:He posted in an ongoing game yesterday where I am dead however and still nothing here.

This is interesting..do you have a link?
Please do not post links to ongoing games in other games

-Fuzzy
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:08 am

Post by saberwolf »

hi guys, yes I'm alive. I simply don't have the time I wish I had to post in all my games.

Let me explain: I'm a university student getting ready to head back. I said V/LA until monday because I knew I wouldn't have internet access [or much of it] for the weekend while i packed and shipped my stuff to my dads, where I'm chilling for a week before heading to uni. I figured that when I got to my dads on monday I'd have regular internet again. Turns out I was wrong. I had to beg him to give me an hour just to catch up on some of my more important games. My dad leaves for work in 2 hours, so by then my internet time will very much improve, and i will catch up. Once again, sorry for the absence, I did not deliberately intend to hide.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by saberwolf »

peacesells wrote: Doing some more thinking on this...I'm not so sure about Saber being scum now as I was before. Seeing the vote count I can't see Saber not wagon voting for me (Cain) if he isn't anti-town. Could be a ploy but I'm gonna re-think my vote for a bit.
unvote

I don't like this. Even with an unvote on me, to me it comes across as "I will spare you, in an attempt to scare you away from voting on me, otherwise I'll come back and vote for you".

unvote; vote: peacesells
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by saberwolf »

as for toro, I am still suspicious of nik. He promised to make this big post, complained about catching up, does small comments for a bit...and then goes on about me OMGUS ZazieR...but still no large post.

Hohum is making me wonder too....no responses at all...is he posting in other games anyone?

FoS: nikanor, hohum
Show

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by Nikanor »

No, I'm in another game with hohum, and he's silent in that one as well, so I wouldn't consider it a tell.
As for this 'big post' you speak of, I can't seem to find where I promised one. Am I missing it?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”