saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Nikanor wrote:Hey, sorry I haven't posted recently, my other games picked up. :(
I'll catch up tomorrow or the next day.
Nikanor wrote:Don't worry folks, I'm still here, I just died for a couple days.
Anyway, I'm reading up tonight. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow night.
Nikanor wrote:Okaaaay, reading from page 12.
This is going to take a while.
Nikanor wrote:Agh!
Lost my post.
Expect me to post again soon, as I am unofficially caught up (the paperwork hasn't gone through yet to make it official).

gives me the notion you got this medium to big catch up post coming. I haven't seen anything catch up worthy.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Nikanor »

But I never actually promised a big post. You just took it as a given that I was going to make a large post.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by saberwolf »

fair enough, but care to post your thoughts? :P
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by saberwolf »

nik, can i have your opinion of peacesells?
Show

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Sure, I'll post it later tonight.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by saberwolf »

lol
Show

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Nikanor »

peacesells wrote:Kill Kill: I'm a bit confused about Kill Kill. He voted for Cain but subsequently put forth reasons how Cain would be town...not sure what to make of this.
Fence riding
with a hidden vote? Trying to make it seem like he was defending someone while still voting for them? Like I said, confused.
Bolded is mine. Note the irony.
In fact, most of his post is fencesitting. He claims a neutral read on everyone but Scott. Saying that it is pretty likely that at least one scum was on your bandwagon is pretty scummy as well. It allows you to say, 'Oh, that person wasn't scum? Well, there has to be at least one. On to the next one!' Aside from that, I don't know why you said 1-3 instead of 1-5. Seems like a slip to me.
To be clear on this list. This is only ranking those that had votes on Cain (me) per my thoughts that there must be scum in there somewhere.
Can you list your top three scumspects please?

Contrary to what I've said above, I get the feeling peacesells is town. First, he mistakes scum for being able to talk during the day, which I think is a minor townslip. On this subject, where else have you played mafia, peacesells?
Also, instead of immediately pushing your wagon, saber, he goes and votes someone completely different. His votehop in his first two posts is borderline scummy (change this to 'extremely scummy' if saber flips scum), but refusing to push an opposing bandwagon is a towntell, imo (unless that opposing bandwagon flips scum, in which case it's a scumtell).
All in all, I think that if saberwolf flips scum, either DTM or peacesells is scum. DTM for the two-way buddying; peacesells for the votehop in his first two posts.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Toro »

Nikanor wrote:But I never actually promised a big post. You just took it as a given that I was going to make a large post.
So you were going to come back and just say.

'Saber's guilty. Vote, DO EET NAO!'
?

:lol:
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by peacesells »

saberwolf wrote: I don't like this. Even with an unvote on me, to me it comes across as "I will spare you, in an attempt to scare you away from voting on me, otherwise I'll come back and vote for you".

unvote; vote: peacesells
I'm not completely sure why you don't like my unvote but your vote on me sure looks like a nice way to tie up the second wagon.

Is it really your opinion I am scum or is this more self-preservation?
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by peacesells »

Nikanor wrote:
peacesells wrote:Kill Kill: I'm a bit confused about Kill Kill. He voted for Cain but subsequently put forth reasons how Cain would be town...not sure what to make of this.
Fence riding
with a hidden vote? Trying to make it seem like he was defending someone while still voting for them? Like I said, confused.
Bolded is mine. Note the irony.
In fact, most of his post is fencesitting. He claims a neutral read on everyone but Scott. Saying that it is pretty likely that at least one scum was on your bandwagon is pretty scummy as well. It allows you to say, 'Oh, that person wasn't scum? Well, there has to be at least one. On to the next one!' Aside from that, I don't know why you said 1-3 instead of 1-5. Seems like a slip to me.
To be clear on this list. This is only ranking those that had votes on Cain (me) per my thoughts that there must be scum in there somewhere.
Can you list your top three scumspects please?

I'll give you top two...how about that? Scott and Lumi. I'm sorry but I thought I made it clear Lumi was scummy imo on the original breakdown. Lumi being 2nd on the list = less scummy than Scott.

Please breakdown how most of the post was fence sitting? I'm pretty sure I came hard at Scott and Lumi for their actions.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Nikanor »

peacesells wrote:Kill Kill: I'm a bit confused about Kill Kill. He voted for Cain but subsequently put forth reasons how Cain would be town...
not sure what to make of this.
Fence riding with a hidden vote? Trying to make it seem like he was defending someone while still voting for them? Like I said, confused.
Lumi: Seems a bit paranoid that people continue to "singel" him/her out.
Not sure what to make of this
but seems really worried about players directing attention his/her way without any actual votes.
DT: If there is a player type in this game I can relate to the most it's DT. His early discuss about Mastin is probably one I would have agreed with. Why jump on someone who hasn't even showed up yet? FWIW I've played with Mastin and his Wall of text was tiresome...along with his insistance that we must META-game him. I have a hard enough time reading everything in one game let alone reading someone elses 5 other games. Sheesh! Anyway, back on topic.
I don't see anything particularly good or bad about DT so far.
Bolded is the part that makes it fencesitting.
Your Toro analysis is only slightly fencesitting because you seem to say you agree with him. I assumed from that you were saying you find him pro-town.
Also, you have gone from 'not sure what to make of this' to 'second on my scumlist' on lumi. Care to point out what about her you find scummy?
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Toro »

Nikanor wrote:
peacesells wrote:Kill Kill: I'm a bit confused about Kill Kill. He voted for Cain but subsequently put forth reasons how Cain would be town...
Fence riding with a hidden vote? Trying to make it seem like he was defending someone while still voting for them? Like I said, confused.
but seems really worried about players directing attention his/her way without any actual votes.
DT: If there is a player type in this game I can relate to the most it's DT. His early discuss about Mastin is probably one I would have agreed with. Why jump on someone who hasn't even showed up yet? FWIW I've played with Mastin and his Wall of text was tiresome...along with his insistance that we must META-game him. I have a hard enough time reading everything in one game let alone reading someone elses 5 other games. Sheesh! Anyway, back on topic.
Your Toro analysis is only slightly fencesitting because you seem to say you agree with him. I assumed from that you were saying you find him pro-town.
Also,
you have gone from 'not sure what to make of this' to 'second on my scumlist' on lumi
. Care to point out what about her you find scummy?
Nice catch there Nik. So far I'm still deciding whether to vote for either Saber of PS, the catch you just made with the Lumi thing just made Peace just drop down my townliness list. And saber's interpretation of peacesells taking off his vote sounds suspicious to me as well.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by saberwolf »

toro: is it my thoughts of what it meant that is suspicious, or that you think that the way i put it makes peacesells suspicious?
Show

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by hohum »

\o/
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by peacesells »

Nikanor wrote:
Also, you have gone from 'not sure what to make of this' to 'second on my scumlist' on lumi. Care to point out what about her you find scummy?
"Not sure what to make of this" is a conversational style choice. How about addressing the point I actually made concerning Lumi's actions? Why the paranoa with very little pressure?

Yes..so far I believe Toro is pro-town. DT as well but less so than Toro. Kill-kill is where I admit to fence sitting.

Again these are opinions. We'd do a better job of scum hunting if you reacted more to my points made in that whole post on whether you agree or not than picking on my particular semantics.

Was I full of sh*t in those statements? Why? Did you agree? Why.

It's my experience that when players start arguing semantics over substance there is something wrong.

Oh..and I think someone asked where I've played before. 1 other game here and many games on Myndjack.com, Dragonmount.com and Goallineblitz.com. I'm Peacesells on alll those sites if you wish to META me.

Here is the game I played here. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 22#1765122

That was my first ever mafia game...it took about 5 months to complete. I've probably played 20-25 since then on various sites.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Toro »

saberwolf wrote:toro: is it my thoughts of what it meant that is suspicious, or that you think that the way i put it makes peacesells suspicious?
The way you put it, just found it peculiar.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by saberwolf »

hohum wrote:\o/
what the hell is this?
Show

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

unvote, vote: hohum
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by Toro »

Last ditch effort at a post before prod is sent. :roll:
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by saberwolf »

unvote; vote: hohum

the hell with this, if he isn't scum, he's a liability.
Show

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Toro »

Nik, peace, I'll offer my opinion on this after you two do, but do either of you want to respond to Saber's 444?
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Toro wrote:Nik, peace, I'll offer my opinion on this after you two do, but do either of you want to respond to Saber's 444?
quit asking others to do stuff for you then follow on the coattails. If you have a problem with 444, address it yourself,then let others follow suit.
Show

peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by peacesells »

Toro wrote:Nik, peace, I'll offer my opinion on this after you two do, but do either of you want to respond to Saber's 444?
Sure..but Saber has a good point. I have a couple opinions on it but I'll hold off til you state yours.
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Toro »

saberwolf wrote:
quit asking others to do stuff for you then follow on the coattails. If you have a problem with 444, address it yourself,then let others follow suit.
Okay I will offer my opinion, I've got a feeling that you were trying to pull a "Ooo look over there!" with the Hohum post and redirect attention over there. This isn't making me get as strong of a scummy-feeling from Cow however. The way you jumped on sounded as if you were saying "F**K it, lynch the one who isn't doing anything worth a s**t."

And interesting how you didn't scold peacesells as how you did me.
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by saberwolf »

that pretty much sums it up.

1. He has done NOTHING to assist town. No scumhunting done at all
2. He is obviously around,and if was really unable to play, would at least post a V/LA bit.
3. If we keep him around, it's gonna fuck us over in the future, cause he's such an unclear we won't know what to do with him

I think we need to get rid of him unless he steps it up.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”