Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

charter wrote:Pretty much. I tried asking you why you wanted to lynch certain people before, and after I played 20 questions, you gave me a load of garbage that amounted to "gut", which means nothing to me.
charter wrote:I think I said one of your posts said absolutely nothing, I can explain if you want. Most of your posts dont have any explanation, and I've given up trying to find any from you, so yeah, I do.
So, let me see if I've got this straight. Even if ask questions and give opinions, as long as I don't explain
why
to your satisfaction I'm not scumhunting.

Is that an accurate summary of your position?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:40 am

Post by mith »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Xylthixlm: 7 (charter, elvis_knits, PookyTheMagicalBear, populartajo, roflcopter, VP Baltar, Yosarian2)
VP Baltar: 6 (ekiM, iamausername, Ojanen, SerialClergyman, Thesp, Xylthixlm)
ekiM: 2 (Kmd4390, zu_Faul)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Man, I leave for 8 hours and when I come home from work, there's 5 more pages? Wow. Ok, catching up again...
iamausername wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:I'm usually fine with lynching anyone who claims vanilla unless I have a good reason to think they're town.
Do you have a good reason to think VP Baltar is town?
Nope. VP is defiantly one of the people I could see lynching today. He wouldn't be my first choice because there are other people I'm more convinced are scum, but he'd be a reasonable lynch.

On a side note, Elvis's point that the speed of the VP wagon means there are likely to be scum on it seems rational to me, but it doesn't really change my opinion all that much, just seems a little too WIFOM ish to me to be really reliable.
VP Baltar wrote:
IAAUN wrote:How [is giving claim information useful]?
So if people are going to follow through with my lynch they at least know I'm not a power role. I really don't understand the argument 'don't claim unless prompted'. What would you have proposed should have happened, I kept quiet while people followed through with lynching me and then have me potentially come up a power role? How is that benefiting the town?
My standard logic on the subject of vanilla claims is more like this:

1. You don't claim to pressure unless you either have a claim that will help prevent you from being lynched, or else will give the town useful information.
2. A vanilla claim should do neither of those in most situations. It should neither prevent a lynch, nor will it give town useful information. (There are exceptions here; some open games, for example, or games where you're a vanilla with flavor).
3. However, if a vanilla townie deos claim vanilla, it does help the scum.
4. Therefore, a vanillia townie should not claim at all in most situations, should instead try to defend themself in other ways.
eikM wrote: I don't often see wagons on anyone build that fast. In fact I've never seen a wagon build that fast, on town or scum. So why am I supposed to conclude that fast wagons are inevitably scum driven? Saying that a fast wagon exonerates the wagonee just seems like a massive fallacy to me.
The reason I said elvis's theory there seems reasonable is this: the game started with 20 people, and now it's at 15 people with 5 dead town. I have to think that the percentage of people left who are scum is fairly high, perhaps 4/15 or 5/15. With that many scum, it's possible for a wagon to go all the way with no scum on it, but I wouldn't expect it to happen fast unless there was a REALLY strong reason for it; a very large majority of the townies would have to agree on it for it to happen, and that usually takes a lot of time and convincing. When a wagon goes really fast like that, it probably means there were some scum on the wagon.

Which dosn't necessarily mean the wagon is bad, IMHO; there could be some bussing going on here, and the whole thing is kind of WIFOM-ish. But Elvis is right; there probably were some scum on the VP wagon, especially when it was at lynch -1.
Xylthixlm wrote:BTW, Yos: I know we've had a theoretical discussion on the virtues of defending yourself vs not defending myself. I believe you took the position that other players won't defend you so you have to defend yourself.

I would just like to point out that at least three other players have rebutted various arguments against me here.
I'm finding the way you're not defending yourself here frustrating as hell, and all game it's made it harder for me to read you, which is bad if you are town. I understand you've said in MD it's your meta, which is why I haven't used it as a point against you, but I don't think it's at all helpful.

I don't know. I've kind of got the feeling that you've been deliberately trying to be unreadable this game, to the point where you weren't not even been willing to answer simple questions about your motives when you voted me the first time, and "trying to be unreadable" is usually a pretty good scumtell. Only reason I didn't bring that up before is because I think some of that might be from your normal meta, but definatly not all of it.
Xyl wrote:
Little tip: town tend to think I'm ambiguous leaning town. Scum tend to think I'm incredibly scummy and an easy mislynch. It's not 100% but the pattern is there.
Lol.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

charter wrote:Ironic that now that Xyl is at L-1 he wants to be helpful and sort of try and scumhunt. Too late I say.
charter wrote:
But... when I put some votes in order, he says that I'm finally scumhunting.
Well no. You were being helpful, but still letting kmd do the scumhunting for you.
Okay... so I'm finally being helpful. Which implies, I guess, that you think I haven't been helpful at all up until now.

On the other hand, when I vote Pooky (who has by any measure been
completely useless
), you call my vote... "completely useless".

What gives?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:I've kind of got the feeling that you've been deliberately trying to be unreadable this game
If I was trying to be unreadable people wouldn't be getting the gut feeling I'm town.

Seriously, I am totally capable of playing a highly logical, conventional, verbose, argumentative game. But when I do,
then
I am totally unreadable, because I can do that as scum too.

This is how I play when I'm trying to let people get a gut read on me.
Yosarian2 wrote:weren't not even been willing to answer simple questions about your motives when you voted me the first time
That? It was a RVS vote for flimsy reasons. I wanted to see your reaction. But I couldn't exactly say that at the time, or I wouldn't get good reactions.

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:02 am

Post by charter »

Xylthixlm wrote:
charter wrote:Ironic that now that Xyl is at L-1 he wants to be helpful and sort of try and scumhunt. Too late I say.
charter wrote:
But... when I put some votes in order, he says that I'm finally scumhunting.
Well no. You were being helpful, but still letting kmd do the scumhunting for you.
Okay... so I'm finally being helpful. Which implies, I guess, that you think I haven't been helpful at all up until now.

On the other hand, when I vote Pooky (who has by any measure been
completely useless
), you call my vote... "completely useless".

What gives?
You voted someone who has said two words this game. Did you ask them any questions for them to answer?? Noooo. Did you give a reason for voting them? Nooo. Did you try and make anybody else see the same way as you? Nooo. Did that vote accomplish anything? Noooo. Was that vote completely useless? Yes it was.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Xyl wrote:
Little tip: town tend to think I'm ambiguous leaning town. Scum tend to think I'm incredibly scummy and an easy mislynch. It's not 100% but the pattern is there.
Lol.
You laugh but it's true. I do actions that are individually scummy but the whole pattern is protown. A townie who is trying to reach a decision on me without preconceptions sees the whole pattern and gets a gut town read. On the other hand, a scum already knows that I'm town, so they dismiss the gut read and only see the individual scummy actions. It's like one of those optical illusions that changes depending on how far away you are.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

charter wrote:You voted someone who has said two words this game. Did you ask them any questions for them to answer?? Noooo. Did you give a reason for voting them? Nooo. Did you try and make anybody else see the same way as you? Nooo.
If you had to take a guess, why do you think I voted Pooky? What are the possible reasons?

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:08 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Xylthixlm wrote:
charter wrote:Pretty much. I tried asking you why you wanted to lynch certain people before, and after I played 20 questions, you gave me a load of garbage that amounted to "gut", which means nothing to me.
charter wrote:I think I said one of your posts said absolutely nothing, I can explain if you want. Most of your posts dont have any explanation, and I've given up trying to find any from you, so yeah, I do.
So, let me see if I've got this straight. Even if ask questions and give opinions, as long as I don't explain
why
to your satisfaction I'm not scumhunting.

Is that an accurate summary of your position?
I agree -- if you're not explaining why you feel a certain way, or your best explanation is just get, then you are not scum hunting. Or if you are, you're not doing it in a way that I can understand or trust. This is what makes me nervous about you. Voting VP for no reason, putting him L-1 like it's no big deal. Saying IGMEOY Thesp, but giving no reasons why. When I asked you about it, you were like "I looked at his iso and he gives me a bad gut." Stuff like that.

In past games where I have played with you (I think I've only seen you as town), I agree that you tend to play fast and loose. I don't mind that. But I could always see where you were coming from. Your thinking always seemed obvious to me. This game, I have constantly not known wtf you were doing and when I ask you why you give really bad explanations.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:10 am

Post by populartajo »

Xylthixlm wrote:Meh. Scum are Yos, VP Baltar, charter, and tajo. Lynch them next.

Oh, and many of the arguments against me are scummy bullshit, so take a look at who was attacking and who was defending, and how. Particularly vp vs ekim. Ekim's right there.

Charter's first post against me was chock full of bullshit too.

This is a BS argument. Xyl is an easy target? People attacking you immediately turn into scum and the people defending your "obv towniness" become town, right Xyl? Nice subtly OMGUS there.

Not all the universe turns around you, Xyl. First, if you are town, which I doubt at this point, and if what you are saying is correct, then are you saying that this game has 7 scum, and that all have to be in your wagon. For obvious reasons, I doubt this is true.

Xyl, you are scummy. Deal with it. I dont understand people clearing you for no valid reasons, tbh. At the very least I would put you at neutral.

So that you can understand what I am thinking here is what bugs me about you:

First, L-1ing someone for zero reason and zero previous suspicions. Regardless of Baltar alignment.

Second, leaving that wagon and trying to form a new wagon for terribly weak reasons.

Coming back to the wagon when the pressure started to grow against you.

Unvoting Yos because rolf asked you to, then calling rolf crazy to finally tell him "I've seen you play this pretend-you-have-role-info-to-clear-someone trick before and I am not buying it". Why in hell did you buy it the first time then? Its inconsistent.

Calling elvis town in page 38 for a weak reason ("panicked unvote") and supporting an attack against her in page 39. You just dont support an attack against someone you think is town.

I dont get why you waited 10 pages to answer for charter accusations. I dont get why you waited 44 pages for trying to analyse the game.

Answer this question. How do you play as scum? Does your little tip work also in those games?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

elvis_knits wrote:This game, I have constantly not known wtf you were doing
Read VP Baltar!

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Xylthixlm wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:This game, I have constantly not known wtf you were doing
Read VP Baltar!
Why don't you make a good case and I'll read that.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:15 am

Post by charter »

Xylthixlm wrote:
charter wrote:You voted someone who has said two words this game. Did you ask them any questions for them to answer?? Noooo. Did you give a reason for voting them? Nooo. Did you try and make anybody else see the same way as you? Nooo.
If you had to take a guess, why do you think I voted Pooky? What are the possible reasons?
To look like you're doing something? Hell if I know. I know that if I were to have voted Pooky there, I would have asked him a bunch of questions and asked for others to vote Pooky so he had to answer them.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:27 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Ojanen wrote:"VP Baltar's wagon went too fast for him to be town" is an extremely crappy argument.
Did you mean to say "scum" there?
I agree that the speed of the wagon has nothing to say about
his
alignment. Maybe that of the people on the wagon, but not really n his.

That said, I could settle for a Baltar lynch. The Xyl lynch looks more tasty right now.
I am going to bed now, we'll see if the new day brings a new wagon, a lynch already, or *gosh* maybe even a claim. If it brings none of these, I guess I'll hammer.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

populartajo wrote:This is a BS argument. Xyl is an easy target? People attacking you immediately turn into scum and the people defending your "obv towniness" become town, right Xyl? Nice subtly OMGUS there.
Not very subtle actually. But see next point.

Not all the universe turns around you, Xyl. First, if you are town, which I doubt at this point, and if what you are saying is correct, then are you saying that this game has 7 scum, and that all have to be in your wagon. For obvious reasons, I doubt this is true.
Do you know what "not 100%" means? Anyways, I picked out the scumteam back when I was at 3 or 4 votes, and lo, everyone I named is now on my wagon. I guess I just did a preemptive OMGUS.

Xyl, you are scummy. Deal with it. I dont understand people clearing you for no valid reasons, tbh. At the very least I would put you at neutral.
Maybe you should consider the possibility that the people clearing me actually have reasons. Did you ask?

So that you can understand what I am thinking here is what bugs me about you:

First, L-1ing someone for zero reason and zero previous suspicions. Regardless of Baltar alignment.
I did have a reason, several in fact. I just didn't explain them in the post where I voted.

Second, leaving that wagon and trying to form a new wagon for terribly weak reasons.
My gut is not a weak reason to me.

Coming back to the wagon when the pressure started to grow against you.
Thesp asked nicely.

Unvoting Yos because rolf asked you to, then calling rolf crazy to finally tell him "I've seen you play this pretend-you-have-role-info-to-clear-someone trick before and I am not buying it". Why in hell did you buy it the first time then? Its inconsistent.
I took it as a rofl gut read both times. The first time I trusted his gut over mine, because he claimed a strong read and I had a weak one.

Calling elvis town in page 38 for a weak reason ("panicked unvote") and supporting an attack against her in page 39. You just dont support an attack against someone you think is town.
I'm confused. What I did was ask elvis to answer the case against her. Was I supposed to have tunnelvision and not want more information just because I had a town read?

I dont get why you waited 10 pages to answer for charter accusations. I dont get why you waited 44 pages for trying to analyse the game.
Why did I need to answer the charter accusations immediately? The evidence against them was totally available to anyone who looked. I'd rather have someone else defend me instead of defending myself - that way the exchange gives info about three people instead of two.

Answer this question. How do you play as scum? Does your little tip work also in those games?
As scum? I'm more logical and have a more conventional playstyle. I do fewer blatantly scummy things. I'm a little bit less likely to spontaneously drop unexplained gut reads, although I've been working on that in my scum play. I draw less attention; people tend to just assume I'm town and not look very closely, and if they do look closely they're likely to get a gut scum read (see mafia 95). My little tip definitely doesn't work when I'm scum.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

VP Baltar's greatest hits
VP Baltar wrote:
Xyl wrote:Who else is scummy?
ekiM remains scummy to me until he comes back and provides some answers to the questions I put. I think BnB is a decent lynch, which also has the potential to provide some information. zu_Faul and Shabba have shown minor tinges of scumminess, but I wouldn't say I have a great read on either as yet.
VP Baltar wrote:
ekiM wrote:VP especially left his vote on me for all of Day 1 while I was conveniently V/LA, meaning he didn't have to commit himself to much else. Read him in iso and he really doesn't commit to much at all textually.

In VP's arguments with iamausername, VP comes out looking bad to me. Read them.
Wow this is a pretty stellar case you have here. After 27 pages of text, the best case you can come up with is:

1) You don't think I'm scumhunting enough
2) You disagree with my points

Teach me your secrets, master. :roll:

This looks like a royal case of OMGUS, since Xyl and I were the ones who started the pressure on you. Still would back an ekiM lynch in the worst way.
VP Baltar wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Xyl

Scum team: ekiM, IAAUN, Xyl, Thesp

Wow, this is so much easier than actually explaining myself. Everyone on the ekiM wagon should come over to the new and improved Xyl wagon.
VP Baltar wrote:
Xyl wrote:Oh? It negates any "but he wouldn't play this way as town" arguments.
No, it does not if you play the same way as scum. A one game meta where you were town does nothing to counteract that fact.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:I've kind of got the feeling that you've been deliberately trying to be unreadable this game
If I was trying to be unreadable people wouldn't be getting the gut feeling I'm town.
Uh...I'm pretty sure that's not an argument for, well, anything. A few people don't think you're scum, several people do think you're scum.
Seriously, I am totally capable of playing a highly logical, conventional, verbose, argumentative game. But when I do,
then
I am totally unreadable, because I can do that as scum too.

This is how I play when I'm trying to let people get a gut read on me.
I don't get how you providing less content, avoiding conflict, and not giving reasons for your actions is supposed to make you more readable.
Yosarian2 wrote:weren't not even been willing to answer simple questions about your motives when you voted me the first time
That? It was a RVS vote for flimsy reasons. I wanted to see your reaction. But I couldn't exactly say that at the time, or I wouldn't get good reactions.[/quote]

Sorry, not the "first time". I meant "the first time today." You said you were voting me because you "agreed with SC". I asked you twice exactly what argument SC made about me that you agreed with, and twice you avoided the question.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:I asked you twice exactly what argument SC made about me that you agreed with, and twice you avoided the question.
My answer was all of them. That's not avoiding the question.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
Uh...I'm pretty sure that's not an argument for, well, anything. A few people don't think you're scum, several people do think you're scum.
There is a difference between not thinking I'm scum and thinking I am totally obviously town. If I am unreadable as you say,
why are some people thinking I'm obviously town
?

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:I asked you twice exactly what argument SC made about me that you agreed with, and twice you avoided the question.
My answer was all of them. That's not avoiding the question.
All of them? There wasn't anything in that post you didn't agree with, even after some of it was demonstrated to be factually incorrect? There wasn't any specific points in that post you found especially convincing that you would have wanted to bring up when given the chance?

Sorry, but I just don't see that.
Xylthixlm wrote: There is a difference between not thinking I'm scum and thinking I am totally obviously town. If I am unreadable as you say,
why are some people thinking I'm obviously town
?
(shrug) Well, assuming those people are town, it's most likely that some people are getting a gut feeling you're town because they agreed with your votes; since all you've done is vote with no reasons, it must be the vote itself. And that's not surprising, considering all your votes followed stuff other people had already said.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:All of them? There wasn't anything in that post you didn't agree with
That's what I said.
Yosarian2 wrote:all you've done is vote with no reasons
Speaking of factually incorrect... maybe you're thinking of Pooky?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Bold added:
Xylthixlm wrote:I should say that I
totally agree
with SerialClergyman's post 558 on Yos2.
Xylthixlm wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Xyl wrote: The parts that are about Yos2.
Well, do you agree with the parts that were factually untrue, the parts that were vauge and misleading, or the parts that appear to be a chainsaw defense of KMD?
All of them
, but mostly the vague and misleading ones. :roll:
I don't see how this is the slightest bit unclear.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Here's Yos's response to SerialClergyman's post which I agreed with.

Yos's defense in summary:
  • BAB (dead townie) was lying and bullshitting to make Yos look scummy.
  • BAB's vote was pure OMGUS. All other reasons he gave were bullshit and lies.
  • SerialClergyman was lying too.
  • BAB's actions were scummy lashing out at his attackers. BAB was lying and cheating.
  • Anyone who unvoted BAB is scummy.
  • Assorted bullshit and strawmanning.
Sorry. I read that stuff myself. SerialClergyman was right about all of it. Yos's attempt to make it sound like everyone else - even a
dead townie
- was lying and bullshitting just to make Yos look bad stinks to high heaven.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Xylthixlm wrote:VP Baltar's greatest hits
VP Baltar wrote:
Xyl wrote:Who else is scummy?
ekiM remains scummy to me until he comes back and provides some answers to the questions I put. I think BnB is a decent lynch, which also has the potential to provide some information. zu_Faul and Shabba have shown minor tinges of scumminess, but I wouldn't say I have a great read on either as yet.
VP Baltar wrote:
ekiM wrote:VP especially left his vote on me for all of Day 1 while I was conveniently V/LA, meaning he didn't have to commit himself to much else. Read him in iso and he really doesn't commit to much at all textually.

In VP's arguments with iamausername, VP comes out looking bad to me. Read them.
Wow this is a pretty stellar case you have here. After 27 pages of text, the best case you can come up with is:

1) You don't think I'm scumhunting enough
2) You disagree with my points

Teach me your secrets, master. :roll:

This looks like a royal case of OMGUS, since Xyl and I were the ones who started the pressure on you. Still would back an ekiM lynch in the worst way.
VP Baltar wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Xyl

Scum team: ekiM, IAAUN, Xyl, Thesp

Wow, this is so much easier than actually explaining myself. Everyone on the ekiM wagon should come over to the new and improved Xyl wagon.
VP Baltar wrote:
Xyl wrote:Oh? It negates any "but he wouldn't play this way as town" arguments.
No, it does not if you play the same way as scum. A one game meta where you were town does nothing to counteract that fact.
Is it too much trouble to tell me why you don't like each of these posts? I recall why you don't like the last one. The rest, I don't know.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Xylthixlm wrote:Here's Yos's response to SerialClergyman's post which I agreed with.

Yos's defense in summary:
  • BAB (dead townie) was lying and bullshitting to make Yos look scummy.
  • BAB's vote was pure OMGUS. All other reasons he gave were bullshit and lies.
  • SerialClergyman was lying too.
  • BAB's actions were scummy lashing out at his attackers. BAB was lying and cheating.
  • Anyone who unvoted BAB is scummy.
  • Assorted bullshit and strawmanning.
Sorry. I read that stuff myself. SerialClergyman was right about all of it. Yos's attempt to make it sound like everyone else - even a
dead townie
- was lying and bullshitting just to make Yos look bad stinks to high heaven.
I admit to being slightly drunk right now, but I'm confused. Are you trying to sling mud at Yos again?
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”