Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Scott Brosius wrote:
Toro wrote:
saberwolf wrote:I kind of agree with scott.

It's useless for the player claiming because, whether or not he's actually telling the truth, he'll get NKed anyways, as there is no doc or equivilent to prevent it. The only good part to the claim would be town would back off and increase their chances of a day 1 anti-town lynch
This is giving me a really bad vibe from both you and Scott now, sounds as
if you two are werewolves
and you'd want to make sure that Hohum (if he's the seer) doesn't speak to try and clear himself.

Unvote
Vote: Saberwolf
Why can we only be werewolves? Since you are mafia and know your other members? Mafia-slip perhaps?
The seer doesn't investigate for mafia, only werewolves. So mafia would have a lot more reason to fear the seer than a werewolf would.

Also, to confirm...

If someone claims seer and isn't the seer, the real seer should not counterclaim! The fake seer will get killed at night.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:
Toro wrote:

It's useless for the player claiming because, whether or not he's actually telling the truth, he'll get NKed anyways, as there is no doc or equivilent to prevent it. The only good part to the claim would be town would back off and increase their chances of a day 1 anti-town lynch
and you'd want to make sure that Hohum (if he's the seer) doesn't speak to try and clear himself.

Unvote
Why can we only be werewolves? Since you are mafia and know your other members? Mafia-slip perhaps?
The seer doesn't investigate for mafia, only werewolves. So mafia would have a lot more reason to fear the seer than a werewolf would.

Also, to confirm...

If someone claims seer and isn't the seer, the real seer should not counterclaim! The fake seer will get killed at night.
I assume you mean the other way around on the bolded. Wolves should fear seer more since they can be caught.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Nikanor »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:
Toro wrote:

Unvote

Also, to confirm...

Why are you answering for Toro?
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Mod: Is it no-lynch if we don't reach 7 votes by deadline?

Yes, if there is not a clear majority at deadline, there is a no-lynch

- Fuzzy
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Toro »

Scott Brosius wrote:
Toro wrote:

Unvote
No, with saber agreeing with you about not having hohum claim at all when he could be the seer makes it sound as if you two just want to hurry up and not give the seer a chance to speak up. And you two (if you're werewolves) would want a quicklynch of the seer.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:51 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Toro wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:
Toro wrote:

Unvote
No, with saber agreeing with you about not having hohum claim at all when he could be the seer makes it sound as if you two just want to hurry up and not give the seer a chance to speak up. And you two (if you're werewolves) would want a quicklynch of the seer.
Doesn't really answer my question, but I guess it was more of an observation than a question.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Is everyone happy with their vote? I've seen games where there is potential for a no-lynch and its so easy for non-town groups to hide D1 based on the excuse "Well I had to vote someone or else we would no-lynch" when a wagon forms close to deadline.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:43 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Hohum hasn't posted since Friday (5 days ago) in this game. I would rather him replaced than lynch him, but if he is to remain in the game then he's going to be a huge distraction future days and I want him out of here. So for the time being I am happy with my vote, but would rather a replacement for hohum.

Hohum needs another prod
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:11 am

Post by saberwolf »

DTMaster: I said if it was the real seer it would suck, but it would be in a VT's best interests as well as towns for a fake claim. Werewolves most likely wouldn't claim seer or they'd get NKed, but would claim VT, and mafia are free to claim seer. Therefore if Hohum claims, depending on what he claims, it for the most part based on odds is best for town. He could simply claim VT, but I don't think that would make us change our vote.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:36 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Scott Brosius wrote:I assume you mean the other way around on the bolded. Wolves should fear seer more since they can be caught.
Correct.
Nikanor wrote:Why are you answering for Toro?
Because it sounded like scott may not have fully understood the set up, i.e. seer can only investigate for werewolves and I thought it best to clear that up.

@ hohum: please try to post soon.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:43 am

Post by saberwolf »

ThAdmiral: I'm glad you did. I had forgotten that myself.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:57 am

Post by peacesells »

All, I've been gone the past few days, unexpected out of town trip with my father-n-law.

There has been a ton of day one analyzing going on, so much so that it is going to be difficult to see the forrest through the trees so to speak.

Vote histories will speak volumes at this point and
hohum
should be fine to get that started.

I believe this puts him at L-1...if this doesn't prod him, nothing will and we'll just have to live with the results and use the votes for analyzing future lynch subjects.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:00 am

Post by saberwolf »

peace: thats not a legit vote.
Show

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:16 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Hohum
:< When you come back/ if you do, enlighten us with your thoughts.

@Sabre
All true, but it'll all depend on what he posts and when he posts.
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:30 am

Post by peacesells »

saberwolf wrote:peace: thats not a legit vote.
Eager?

vote Hohum
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:37 am

Post by saberwolf »

peacesells wrote:
saberwolf wrote:peace: thats not a legit vote.
Eager?

vote Hohum
How do you get eager out of that? I simply stated what was true. You stated that you put Hohum at L-1, and I simply told you you were incorrect.
Show

peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:39 am

Post by peacesells »

simply eh?

Just hope that Hohum turns up scum..otherwise..........
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 am

Post by saberwolf »

peacesells wrote:simply eh?

Otherwise what? Are you threatening me, or attempting to set up future mislynches? Either way, it's not very town of you.
Show

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:55 am

Post by hasdgfas »

what the heck are you talking about? You're attacking saberwolf for correcting you? How incredibly ridiculous.
FoS
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

saberwolf wrote:DTMaster: I said if it was the real seer it would suck, but it would be in a VT's best interests as well as towns for a fake claim. Werewolves most likely wouldn't claim seer or they'd get NKed, but would claim VT, and mafia are free to claim seer. Therefore if Hohum claims, depending on what he claims, it for the most part based on odds is best for town. He could simply claim VT, but I don't think that would make us change our vote.
This is incorrect. Werewolves have nothing to fear in claiming seer because they are the ones doing the NKing. Mafia would never fake-claim seer because they're avoiding the werewolves like the plague and don't want to get involved in any seer-werewolf duel.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 am

Post by saberwolf »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
saberwolf wrote:DTMaster: I said if it was the real seer it would suck, but it would be in a VT's best interests as well as towns for a fake claim. Werewolves most likely wouldn't claim seer or they'd get NKed, but would claim VT, and mafia are free to claim seer. Therefore if Hohum claims, depending on what he claims, it for the most part based on odds is best for town. He could simply claim VT, but I don't think that would make us change our vote.
This is incorrect. Werewolves have nothing to fear in claiming seer because they are the ones doing the NKing. Mafia would never fake-claim seer because they're avoiding the werewolves like the plague and don't want to get involved in any seer-werewolf duel.
yes you are right...ugh, i keep mixing the two up. switch mafia and werewolves in my quote, and thats what i meant.
Show

peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:34 am

Post by peacesells »

hasdgfas wrote:

what the heck are you talking about? You're attacking saberwolf for correcting you? How incredibly ridiculous.
FoS
Are you and Saber scum partners? Why would a town player be so exasperated by one little comment? Why would you be defending him on day 1?
peacesells
peacesells
Goon
peacesells
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:35 am

Post by peacesells »

saberwolf wrote:

Are you threatening me, or attempting to set up future mislynches? Either way, it's not very town of you.
Are you attempting to set up an argument against a future point I may make against you if Hohum comes up innocent? Is this town of you?
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:44 am

Post by saberwolf »

peacesells wrote:
saberwolf wrote:

Are you threatening me, or attempting to set up future mislynches? Either way, it's not very town of you.
Are you attempting to set up an argument against a future point I may make against you if Hohum comes up innocent? Is this town of you?
Nope, but I don't like the way you took an innocent remark and tried to turn it into some kind of scum tell. Truth is, your vote WAS wrong. PLUS, if you thought I was wrong, you wouldn't have posted a new vote afterwards. I also don't like how you started to threaten me. Granted, the sentence was left unending, but it is very easy to interpret as a threat. Why should I be the one worried if he doesn't flip scum. Why not anybody else? You are starting to throw some OMGUS posts around as well [ @ hascow, and sort of at me], although I'm sure that when others come to read this, they will support me as well.

also, arguing a question with another question is very untownlike.
Show

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:45 am

Post by Toro »

peacesells wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:

FoS
Are you and Saber scum partners? Why would a town player be so exasperated by one little comment? Why would you be defending him on day 1?
Why are you pinning the blame of the hohum wagon on saber Peace?
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”