Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:40 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

CooLDoG wrote:It was more ment as a joke, I do hope that you (bub) will understand...
Oh yes, I do understand comepletly.

As far as what Dry-Fit has to say, if you are defending yourself on a point, then that automatically concedes that point as valid. If you don't want that to happen you need to argue over the validity of the point to begin with, which is something that KMD did not do.

@Cool: what's an RSV?
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:42 am

Interestingly enough, I voted for cooldog for pretty much exactly the same reasons as he voted for me :-P.
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Hayker »

Vi wrote:
Hayker 90 wrote:words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words more words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words
:roll:
Hayker 90 wrote:I played with Mastin last game, and saw how he got discussion rolling from being very random in the RVS.
Please don't take Mastin as an example.
I know I quoted this post, but I think I was only half reading at the time.
Words words words words words words. Why did you change everything I said with words words words. I was responding to things people said about me, which is also known as defending yourself.

IGMEOY
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Hayker »

CooLDoG wrote:The real reason I vote bub was:
A) he IS the other wagon
B)he has more votes then me thus making him the popular choice
C) Because those are the exact type of posts bub would make if he was scum
D)he is rambling about the RSV when he knows good and well we were out of it a long time ago.
Even if you are joking in the original post, why didn't you post your actual reason in the first post. Strait up, you're triggering my scumdar like no tomorrow.
However, I still think Bub is the better lynch candidate as of now.

Also, I think the Bub bandwagon needs to slow down, he's at L-2 if I'm right. Or at least damn near it. I'll go count the votes in a bit, but I have another post I'd like to respond to first.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Hayker »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:In response to the remark saying that Cooldog is a better vote than most, I'll say that we're still in the RVS really, and that KMD is just trying to keep the game moving, get a quick (possibly mis) lynch. I'm not buying the argument and think he's just trying to bandwagon.
1)When did I ask for a quicklynch?
2)My 1st vote on the wagon is a bandwagon vote???
So you're saying that when you accused Cool and kept on giving reason after reason you did not want other people to follow suit? In other words, the whole point of your vote was just so that you (uno, one vote) could vote for him? I'm not buying that.
I looked at KMD's posts, and saw nothing about how people shouldn't follow suit in his vote of Cool, in fact, I found just the opposit. Could you kindly point me to the reasons you are refering too.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:54 am

Post by milkshake »

Well at least I got the "real reasons" you voted Bub.
It was more ment as a joke, I do hope that you (bub) will understand...
Yes, it would make sense as a joke. However, this is also the obvious response if you want to keep your hypothetical little ruse in tact. 8-)
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:39 am

Hayker wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:In response to the remark saying that Cooldog is a better vote than most, I'll say that we're still in the RVS really, and that KMD is just trying to keep the game moving, get a quick (possibly mis) lynch. I'm not buying the argument and think he's just trying to bandwagon.
1)When did I ask for a quicklynch?
2)My 1st vote on the wagon is a bandwagon vote???
So you're saying that when you accused Cool and kept on giving reason after reason you did not want other people to follow suit? In other words, the whole point of your vote was just so that you (uno, one vote) could vote for him? I'm not buying that.
I looked at KMD's posts, and saw nothing about how people shouldn't follow suit in his vote of Cool, in fact, I found just the opposit. Could you kindly point me to the reasons you are refering too.
Check out post 42 (cool, 42!) which, other than being the answer to life, the universe and everything, is a pretty good example of "reason after reason".
Show

milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:50 am

Post by milkshake »

Post number 42 wrote: It's the way he did it. [A quote] A little too excited here. Newb scum tend to get nervous which appears excited. [A quote] More nervous signs. Trying to lighten the mood. [A quote] He's found his victim. And from CooL's behavior so far, I think Ray is town if CooL is scum. [A quote] Over-emphasizing the randomness of his vote. [A quote] More "excited" nervousness and rambling.
These are clearly reasons other people SHOULD follow suit. Your assertation that they are the exact opposite is very strange.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:51 am

Post by manho »

i don't see bub that scummy to be at L-2. he is just bad at expressing views by using the wrong words (eg. quicklynch vs. lynch). his initial accusation on KMD is understandable as KMD seems making a rather weak case on CD and make it plausible.

extending the RVS is not scummy by my experience as i've seen a few pro-town player making RVs when the game is obviously out of the RVS.

speaking of experience, i've finished 2 games in this site and currently in 3 games. this is my first large theme game, but i've finished 8(?) games in AoPS, a math-based site with a mafia sub-forum where all the games are large and themed.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:56 am

Post by manho »

milkshake wrote:
Post number 42 wrote: It's the way he did it. [A quote] A little too excited here. Newb scum tend to get nervous which appears excited. [A quote] More nervous signs. Trying to lighten the mood. [A quote] He's found his victim. And from CooL's behavior so far, I think Ray is town if CooL is scum. [A quote] Over-emphasizing the randomness of his vote. [A quote] More "excited" nervousness and rambling.
These are clearly reasons other people SHOULD follow suit. Your assertation that they are the exact opposite is very strange.
Bub Bidderskins wrote:So you're saying that when you accused Cool and kept on giving reason after reason you did not want other people to follow suit?
what meant by bub is that KMD wants people to vote CD, thus a bandwagon and then a quicklynch. and post 42 is the "rather weak case" mentioned in my last post.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:59 am

Post by milkshake »

I looked at KMD's posts, and saw nothing about how people shouldn't follow suit in his vote of Cool
Wait, *nothing* about how people *shouldn't*, yes this is correct
So you're saying that when you accused Cool and kept on giving reason after reason you did not want other people to follow suit?
The obvious answer to this is no, that's not what he was saying, and
In other words, the whole point of your vote was just so that you (uno, one vote) could vote for him?
Again no, the whole point of starting a bandwagon was indeed to try to start a band wagon, which would then cause the target of the bandwagon to defend himself, thus discussion, which is good for the town.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:02 am

Post by milkshake »

what meant by bub is that KMD wants people to vote CD, thus a bandwagon and then a quicklynch. and post 42 is the "rather weak case" mentioned in my last post.
Right, got it, but then again the CD bandwagon (the one KMD started) isn't the one that got to L-2, and so isn't really the one causing the "problem" if you want to call it that.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:05 am

Post by manho »

milkshake wrote:
I looked at KMD's posts, and saw nothing about how people shouldn't follow suit in his vote of Cool
Wait, *nothing* about how people *shouldn't*, yes this is correct
that is a quote from Hayker.
So you're saying that when you accused Cool and kept on giving reason after reason you did not want other people to follow suit?
The obvious answer to this is no, that's not what he was saying, and
the obvious answer is no, and that's what bub was saying.
In other words, the whole point of your vote was just so that you (uno, one vote) could vote for him?
Again no, the whole point of starting a bandwagon was indeed to try to start a band wagon, which would then cause the target of the bandwagon to defend himself, thus discussion, which is good for the town.
it may be a chainsaw defense, but it may also be a newbie not understanding the benefit of an early bandwagon to get out of RVS soon. i just know it in my previous game.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:13 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Right, we really need to slow this bandwagon down slightly, Bub is at L-2 already!
@bub RSV typo should mean RVS.
we also need to reform what we have on bub, so far I think this is what we have.

1)he defended me a did not jump on my wagon with his a vote for cool is as good as any other.
2) His posts make little cense at least to me and some others
3)He seems agents bandwagon someone on D-1 which we all know is good for town
4)He avidly defended me when I was band wagoned on a week case which I think we all know would not have amounted to much, this is not to say that I am scum, it just seems he is anti-wagon.
5)all of my reasons for voting for him :lol:.

@manho this is not about you being scum, could you please please capitalize the word "I" it is driving me crazy trying to read some of your posts. Sorry if this came out offensive but that is one of my pet peeves.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:19 am

Post by CooLDoG »

CooLDoG wrote:The real reason I vote bub was:
A) he IS the other wagon
D)he is rambling about the RSV when he knows good and well we were out of it a long time ago.
these are my "reasons" I voted for him, add to last post under 5).
after a wank.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:20 am

Post by milkshake »

that is a quote from Hayker
Right.
the obvious answer is no, and that's what bub was saying.
Right.
it may also be a newbie not understanding the benefit of an early bandwagon to get out of RVS soon
he is just bad at expressing views by using the wrong words
Bub: a newbie who is bad at expressing his views? Maybe we should just lynch him anyway, ^^ haha. Well, the newbie defense works, I suppose, although it is a bit limiting. In other words, "he's a newbie he doesn't know what he's doing" can be a reason to not discuss someone's actions, which is no good.

(By the way, with all the discussion of Mafia experience, I notice that nearly everyone here has a join date of 2009 or 2008. Don't people stick around here very long or is that just how it happened for this game? My join date is 2006! :) )
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:31 am

Post by Vi »

milkshake 147 wrote:On the subject of CooLDoG and Bub: If CooLDoG really knew Bub in real life, would he honestly insult him
in complete seriousness
on a message board?
Quite possibly :]
CooLDoG 148 wrote:The real reason I vote bub was:
A) he IS the other wagon
A) ...
B) WHAT.
C) ...
D) Evidently he didn't.

Okay, thank you for lending your own wagon a ton of credibility.
Bub 150 wrote:As far as what Dry-Fit has to say, if you are defending yourself on a point, then that automatically concedes that point as valid. If you don't want that to happen you need to argue over the validity of the point to begin with, which is something that KMD did not do.
I believe that's what Kmd was doing. gj
Hayker 152 wrote:I know I quoted this post, but I think I was only half reading at the time.
Words words words words words words. Why did you change everything I said with words words words. I was responding to things people said about me, which is also known as defending yourself.

IGMEOY
That would be my subtle way of saying I don't buy your defense.
Thanks for the reactionary suspicion, though!
Hayker 153 wrote:Even if you are joking in the original post, why didn't you post your actual reason in the first post. Strait up, you're triggering my scumdar like no tomorrow.

Also, I think the Bub bandwagon needs to slow down, he's at L-2 if I'm right. Or at least damn near it. I'll go count the votes in a bit, but I have another post I'd like to respond to first.
"You are extremely scummy for a really weak reason and I am angry at you. However, I still want to lynch Bub for vaguely defined reasons given in 116. However, I don't want Bub to be lynched for some reason but I'm not going to do anything about it."
Terribly transparent.
CooLDoG 163 wrote:1)he defended me a did not jump on my wagon with his a vote for cool is as good as any other.
2) His posts make little cense at least to me and some others
3)He seems agents bandwagon someone on D-1 which we all know is good for town
4)He avidly defended me when I was band wagoned on a week case which I think we all know would not have amounted to much, this is not to say that I am scum, it just seems he is anti-wagon.
5)all of my reasons for voting for him Laughing.
Are you trying to say Bub is pro-Town or anti-Town? This case doesn't say anything.
CooLDoG 163 wrote:@manho this is not about you being scum, could you please please capitalize the word "I" it is driving me crazy trying to read some of your posts. Sorry if this came out offensive but that is one of my pet peeves.
...says the guy with atrocious spelling errors.

-----

tl;dr Hayker is still more likely scum than whoever you have your vote on. Yes, I'm talking to you.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

CooLDoG wrote: @manho this is not about you being scum, could you please please capitalize the word "I" it is driving me crazy trying to read some of your posts. Sorry if this came out offensive but that is one of my pet peeves.
You're quite the hypocrite. Your writing is the one that's driving me crazy! Learn to spell! Cense =/= sense (cense is not even a word), week =/= weak, then =/= than, among others I can't recall now. Probably English isn't your native language, but it enrages me that you demand grammar from another player when yours is worse.

Ah, I had to get that out of my system.

Now, returning to the game. CD's latest posts don't make much sense to me. Care to explain them better?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:17 am

Post by DeathNote »

CooLDoG wrote:
@manho this is not about you being scum, could you please please capitalize the word "I" it is driving me crazy trying to read some of your posts. Sorry if this came out offensive but that is one of my pet peeves.
Ha! You actually said that? Your spelling and grammar have been driving me up the wall all game. :/

@Vi- I wall posted because I want to cover everything that I missed. Like now, I go to sleep and two more pages are added when I wake up. This game is moving fast, that is for sure.

Although Bub is going up and up on the scum scale, so is CD. The whole jesting about, "I know him personally..." makes me wonder if they might be scum buddies. Either way, I am for a CD lynch for now.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:22 am

Post by tubby216 »

well i am now convinced, i would be willing to lynch eithe cooldog or bub.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Hayker »

Vi wrote:
Hayker 152 wrote:I know I quoted this post, but I think I was only half reading at the time.

IGMEOY
That would be my subtle way of saying I don't buy your defense.
Thanks for the reactionary suspicion, though!
Hayker 153 wrote:Even if you are joking in the original post, why didn't you post your actual reason in the first post. Strait up, you're triggering my scumdar like no tomorrow.

"You are extremely scummy for a really weak reason and I am angry at you. However, I still want to lynch Bub for vaguely defined reasons given in 116. However, I don't want Bub to be lynched for some reason but I'm not going to do anything about it."
Terribly transparent.
I cannot believe how much you just twisted my words Vi. I never mentioned anger at any point. A bandwagon at L-2 should be slown down, as you usually get claims from people before a lynch happens. I do not think my own reasoning is weak. I don't want Bub to be lynched, as of NOW. The day has only just begun, and I am in no hurry to end it. We haven't even got everyone's opinion on the possible Bub lynch.

I think Bub is scum, I really do, however, I also do not wish to start tunneling on him. Tunneling is very anti-town, and I intend to avoid it this game, as that was my downfall in mafia 96. If you don't believe me, I point you to the link I put in this topic.

You have just upgraded to a vote Vi, for the following reasons

1)Writing off my defense, with no reasoning
2)Defending a player I am sure is a newb scum
3)Twisting my argument so horribly in my last post.

unvote. Vote:Vi
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:36 am

Post by CooLDoG »

CD, I wouldn't stretch the "avidly defended" too far. I simply didn't agree with the reasons that kmd presented against you, it wasn't a defense or anything. At the moment, I think you're trying to get out of a lynch by throwing the pressure on me.

@bandwagoning in general, I've nothing against bandwagoning in the early days, as it is a good way to get people to confess. However, sometimes you fall into the pit of tunnel vision, meaning that no matter what that person you decided at the early stages of the game to put your crosshairs on says, it will come out as "scummy".
after a wank.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:41 am

Uh oh! Crap. Um, this kind of proves that we do know each other personally, we're brother's in fact. I got on a computer that CD last logged in on and ticked the "remember me" button. I kind of accidentally posted as him, and only realized it until too late. Please ignore that post, CD will come and back me up.
Show

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:46 am

Post by DeathNote »

I dislike the whole CD/BB scenario going on right now...
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:51 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Yes I do too. I still don't know why he was on this comp! any way back to the game (I guess now you know why I made my first comment). As to my, actually bub's comment. You have still yet to answer why you were agents jumping on my wagon, it's not that you would have hammered me or anything!

To clear this up again, I am bub's brother and is currently mad at him for having posted with my account. I will have a long talk with him about the remember me box and why he should have looked at it before.
after a wank.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”