charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:48 am

Post by charter »

BALTER AND ZU FAUL. YOU ARE BOTH NOT VOTING. THERE IS LIKE 24 HOURS UNTIL DEADLINE. GET OFF YOUR ANTITOWN ASSES AND VOTE SOMEONE.

I think we should just lynch tajo. No lynch is a poor idea I think. Tajo needs to die, then we will be able to solve this game pretty much. If tajo is town, scum can only block rofl or kmd, not both. Either way, there will be another scum investigated (pooky or zu faul) or killed by kmd.

EKIM AND YOSARIAN, GET OFF YOUR ANTITOWN ASSES AND VOTE SOMEONE WHO CAN GET LYNCHED.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm around charter and I will vote well before deadline, so relax. Maybe you can help me with my decision. Explain to me why tajo lynch is significantly better than the possibility of two days (or more) via no lynches?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:01 am

Post by charter »

Well, if we keep no lynching, and tajo remains alive, scum will just pick off actual townies 'confirmed' by tajo and rofl. This is true regardless of if tajo is town or scum. If he's scum, then they'll kill people that are 'confirmed' that actually part of the scumteam (probably you and me).

As long as we don't know if tajo's claim is some insane scum gambit, then we have to pick between tajo/rofl/yos scumteam or five other people scumteam. The sooner we figure out which scenario we are dealing with, the sooner we can just eliminate people and drastically increase our odds of lynching scum. If we push the decision off until the last possible minute (LYLO) and we get it wrong (and just one person needs to get it wrong, and I seriously have no clue in this game) then town will lose.

Also, I am quite worried that we are threatening to not have a lynch. A LOT of people have been lurking hardcore like nobody's business recently. Some of these people off the top of my head
rofl (last post friday)
thesp (last post thursday)
Pooky and username haven't posted since saturday, normally not lurking, but it's very close to deadline.

No lynching will just let scum kill another townie, and we won't be any closer to winning. I don't think we should no lynch.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:03 am

Post by charter »

Preview charter, preview...
If he's scum, then they'll kill people that are 'confirmed' that actually part of the scumteam (probably you and me).

Really means

If he's scum, then they'll kill people that are 'confirmed' that actually
aren't
part of the scumteam (probably you and me).
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

That's true enough. The benefit of a no lynch I see is night actions basically painting a hypo-tajo/rofl scum combination into a corner after another night while also giving us the potential for more days.

However, I think you may be right, and you're one of the few people I've consistently seen as town this game, so I'm more inclined to follow you.

Vote: tajo
YOUR AD HERE

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:16 am

Post by charter »

I'm not sure it will paint them in to a corner. Take for instance rofl comes in tomorrow and claims Pooky is not a vanilla, tajo says he didn't hide (or hides with rofl, or whatever) and scum NK you. We lynch pooky, he's vanilla. We'd go into the night with eleven people. With five possible scumbags, the only way we could survive is if username jails the scum that's doing the killing (and username needs to be town).

Sorry if this is a double post, I don't think it is, but I'm getting the white screen.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:27 am

Post by mith »

Deadline:
Approximately 22.5 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

populartajo: 5 (charter, elvis_knits, Kmd4390, SerialClergyman, VP Baltar)
PookyTheMagicalBear: 3 (iamausername, populartajo, Thesp)
iamausername: 2 (PookyTheMagicalBear, roflcopter)
SerialClergyman: 1 (Yosarian2)

Not Voting: 2 (ekiM, zu_Faul)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:34 am

Post by iamausername »

tajo lynch is dumb as hell if you think he's town.

If we lynch tajo today, we're still going to have to rely on good old-fashioned scumhunting to figure out who is scum in the remaining pool of unconfirmed players. By starting to rely on good old-fashioned scumhunting right now, and trusting your town read on tajo, we get an extra chance to lynch among the pool of unconfirmed, which means we can actually afford to get one wrong even if there's five scum.

The choice here is this; do you have more faith in your ability to read the seven people who aren't confirmed by a town flip on tajo (or six, for those of us in that group who are town), without getting a single one of them wrong, or do you have more faith in your ability to read tajo?

Because for me, it's easily the latter.

IF YOU THINK TAJO IS TOWN, VOTE POOKY.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:53 am

Post by populartajo »

Charter, think for a second. I cant believe you are listening to serial.
populartajo wrote:
charter wrote:Everyone that isn't voting tajo, in their next post, should either vote him, promise to vote him before deadline, or explain why we shouldn't lynch him. This is kind of dumb we're going down to deadline.
We shouldnt lynch populartajo because he is town.

Like really, wtf is this shit? Who the hell thinks Im scum besides serial?
Answer this. And everyone in my wagon. I feel like Im wagoned by people that doesnt think Im scum pushed by shitty reasoning.

No lynch is not a bad option when the claimed power roles can confirm at least one more people at night. Even if you somehow think they are lying, the game tomorrow will have at least one more piece of information and more probs of breaking since my lynch by far doesnt guarantee a town win and lylo is possible tomorrow.

I much prefer a scum lynch. The fact that the Pooky wagon was dismantled and pushed towards me for information reasons when there is no a single reason in thread to think Pooky is town should be enough to realize this. With one scum down, we will have also have more time to figure out this.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

tajo wrote:Answer this. And everyone in my wagon. I feel like Im wagoned by people that doesnt think Im scum pushed by shitty reasoning.
I fully admit that I'm unsure about it and any lynch on you is mostly because I think charter and EK have made some good points.

That being said, I'm unsure about Pooky as well. Yes, he doesn't have much that points to him being town in this game, but isn't his meta to play like that? I've never played with him before, but that was the impression I was under.
YOUR AD HERE

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Thesp »

elvis_knits wrote:I'm also wondering how we should plan if there is a scum RB.
I suspect this is likely.
iamausername wrote:charter, ekiM, zu and Thesp; we are waiting on you. When ~75% of players have already claimed, clearly a massclaim is happening. Any further resistance to the idea is just halting progress.
I'm good with that.
I'm vanilla town.

iamausername wrote:I don't like the lynch tajo plan, because I think he is town, and I think SerialClergyman is scum derailing the lynch that was about to happen on his buddy Pooky.
I don't like any deflection of the Pookywagon either.

There are a crapton of claimed roles - I'm guessing we have a mafia roleblocker and possibly a mafia godfather. Anyone know what happens if a Mafia GF who is InvImm is investigated by a Vanilla Cop?
charter wrote:WE CAN'T VIG TAJO. If there's a roleblocker, it won't work.
This is also true if populartajo is a NKImm GF.
elvis_knits wrote:I think zu faul is scum guys. I've been thinking he was a cop or info role of some kind since beginning of day 2 when he clearly breadcrumbed that Thesp was town.

This is the post I am talking about:
zu_Faul wrote:Which game, VP Baltar? I assumed that his absense was legitimate.

I think Thesp is a good citizen.

There are still some questions directed at ekiM, would love an answer.
Thanks for jogging my memory of that - I'd read that post the exact same way at the time. Huge
FOS: zu_Faul
- we can get him next.

I don't think lynching someone I think is town is ideal at this juncture, so I'm not voting populartajo. I'd much, much rather see a Pooky lynch and I'm surprised it's evaporated. ekiM and zu_faul need to vote
now
. Yosarian2, Pooky and roflcopter need to move to a wagon that can do something.

I will do my darnedest to post tonight, though I'm not sure that I'd take a populartajo lynch over no lynch.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I would unvote tajo is we are going to lynch zu faul. He is the person I am most sure is scum at this point because his claim is BS, inconsistent with his earlier breadcrumb. He says he only said "Thesp is a good citizen" because he thought thesp was the vig. In what universe does that make sense? If you think a guy is the vig, you don't point it out. He didn't even provide reasoning why he thought thesp was hte vig (it doesn't even make sense), but if he did, he shouldn't have been hinting at it.

Zu faul is definitely scum.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:39 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Noting that Iam wants to no lynch. Probably scum.

Zu is scum. EK and ekiM are town.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:48 am

Post by iamausername »

Kmd4390 wrote:Noting that Iam wants to no lynch.
I don't know where you are getting this. I want to lynch Pooky.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Deadline is tomorrow. A Pooky lynch isn't going to happen.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:51 am

Post by charter »

I dunno tajo, I thought you were scum earlier in the day, though I don't even remember why now. I don't really have a very good town read on you.

A main reason I'm happy with the tajo lynch, is that is has kmd (confirmed town) and balter on it (almost certainly town) and myself. Which is three townies. None of the other wagons have that. PLUS, I think if tajo was town and a hider, he'd have been hammered so long ago, but I am pulling teeth trying to get a lynch. I think it very unlikely that three scum wouldn't have voted tajo by now if he was town, especially since there's a scapegoat in SC if tajo is town.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:02 am

Post by iamausername »

Kmd4390 wrote:Deadline is tomorrow. A Pooky lynch isn't going to happen.
He only has one less vote than tajo, and Yos and rofl have both stated that they prefer a Pooky lynch to a tajo lynch. I'm not going to write it off as a lost cause yet.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:03 am

Post by iamausername »

Wait, two votes less. Still perfectly achievable.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Pooky would need 4 votes in the next day to be lynched. Tajo only needs 2. You might as well be pushing a no lynch right now.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also, of note, nobody claimed protective roles except SC and iamausername, which would seem to indicate that atleast one of them is telling the truth.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:23 am

Post by zu_Faul »

iaun wrote:IF YOU THINK TAJO IS TOWN, VOTE POOKY
Vote: Pooky
. Iaun's logic in this post is quite good. I'll rather lynch scum than town.

elvis_knits wrote:I would unvote tajo is we are going to lynch zu faul. He is the person I am most sure is scum at this point because his claim is BS, inconsistent with his earlier breadcrumb. He says he only said "Thesp is a good citizen" because he thought thesp was the vig. In what universe does that make sense? If you think a guy is the vig, you don't point it out. He didn't even provide reasoning why he thought thesp was hte vig (it doesn't even make sense), but if he did, he shouldn't have been hinting at it.
You are overreacting like you did with KMD and the "slip"..

I did not point out that he was the vig, this is why I did not say more. But I got a very good read on him - at least I thought that I did- and told people about that read. How is telling people about my reads scummy?

I gave reasoning why I thought Thesp was the Vig in my last post. He mentioned the Vig more than any other player and that InHim died after that exchange was really sticking out.

And you know what? Why on earth should I have claimed Vanilla as scum in that situation? Only Thesp was also left unclaimed; I could have easily claimed Cop/Tracker/Watcher and avoided all suspicion that you now bring forth. I almost knew what I said about Thesp was going to bite me; but as a town-player you don't get to choose what you claim.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:25 am

Post by charter »

Oh my god. Tajo then zu faul.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I didn't hear you explain why you thought Thesp was a vig in that post.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Okay I guess you did give some reasons:
zu_Faul wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I think zu faul is scum guys. I've been thinking he was a cop or info role of some kind since beginning of day 2 when he clearly breadcrumbed that Thesp was town.

This is the post I am talking about:
zu_Faul wrote:Which game, VP Baltar? I assumed that his absense was legitimate.

I think Thesp is a good citizen.

There are still some questions directed at ekiM, would love an answer.
I had Thesp as obv Vig after Night 1:
Thesp wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:Thesp, if I lurk, kill me. Can I have the same call from you?
Sure!
This was from the round of questions that Thesp asked everyone at the very start of the game. It is also the only time Thesp ever mentions Inhim. And you thought this meant Thesp killed inhim?
zu faul wrote: Also, Thesp mentioned the Vig several times (remember when people accused him of directing the vig? that was not the only time when he did so).
Do you normally see vigs directing themselves?
Talk nerdy to me.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:31 am

Post by iamausername »

KMD, I've never said that I won't switch to tajo to avoid a no lynch. I'm just not going to do that when there is clearly still hope for a Pooky lynch.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”