Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by mith »

Deadline:
Approximately 11 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

PookyTheMagicalBear: 6 (iamausername, populartajo, roflcopter, Thesp, Yosarian2, zu_Faul)
populartajo: 6 (charter, ekiM, elvis_knits, Kmd4390, SerialClergyman, VP Baltar)
iamausername: 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

charter wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
charter wrote: Role. Blocker.
There might be a scum roleblocker.

The only situation in which we KNOW there would have to be a scum roleblocker is if both rofl and iamusername are town. Otherwise, we don't actually have any evidence for one.

In any case, it's a fairly safe test to run, so long as we lynch scum today first.
Ok, it is official. Tajo/rofl/yos are scum, and this was a brilliant scum gambit. Rofl's alignment is irrelevant in whether or not there is a roleblocker.
What?

There are only 3 possibilities today. Either rofl is scum, or iamusername is scum, or iamusername got roleblocked. So, if both rofl and iamusername are town, then there is a scum roleblocker; otherwise, we don't have any evidence of one yet. (Which wouldn't mean there isn't one, of course.)

That's just a fact, charter. Why would you call an obvious, self evident fact a "slipup"?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

And, that was already corrected before I made that post. Sorry.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

unvote

vote tajo

im really innocent.

really!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:38 pm

and obligatory *glare* at Yosa
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:40 pm

why does everyone think im guilty :(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by charter »

Ok, I just narrowly avoided a heart attack.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by mith »

Final Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

populartajo: 7 (charter, ekiM, elvis_knits, Kmd4390, PookyTheMagicalBear, SerialClergyman, VP Baltar)

PookyTheMagicalBear: 6 (iamausername, populartajo, roflcopter, Thesp, Yosarian2, zu_Faul)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by mith »

Interruption

The sun is low in the sky when the citizens of Llamaville reach a decision by the narrowest of margins. As they prepare to lynch populartajo, however, they are interrupted.

"What was that?"

"You heard it too?"

"It sounded like... someone yelling. But far away."

"Someone could be in trouble. Maybe we should..."

"No. Let's finish this first. We've taken long enough reaching this decision..."

The noise heard is, indeed, someone yelling. They are not, however, far away, but rather in a basement under the Community Centre. In order to understand what they have heard, we must first rewind a bit.

Last week...

"Yes, sir. The list is almost finalized. We had one last minute replacement, but..."

"Good. And none of them are aware of the true nature of the... experiment?"

"We've left little hints that there might be some evil afoot, while denying that there is any actual danger. We'll make sure to keep them paranoid and lynch-happy, but at the most they'll suspect we're incompetent and let criminals into their perfect little village, but they'll never guess that they are part of a television show."

"Good. And the video of this meeting...?"

"This is being recorded?"

"I record everything. See to it that this doesn't make its way to them before the end of the show. Unless it moves the plot along. Now, about the companion show..."

"Monty Hall is lined up to host. He'll be perfect, and it'll make tying in the movie trailers that much easier...

Four days ago...

"And this is your crew of psychic monkeys..."

Monty Hall is touring the underground facility with Mr. Grey's assistant. He looks around at the rows of desks, each occupied by a monkey wearing what appears to be an antenna on its head. Monty Hall scratches his own head.

"Psychic... monkeys..."

"Yes, Mr. Hall. Obviously, you'll be far too busy preparing for the show to write your own material. So, these monkeys will figure out who the lynch will be, and attempt to type out a script for you. Between the thousands of them, they'll come up with
something
coherent."

"You people are... weird. But you pay well."

An hour ago...

"Where is my script?!"

A thousand monkeys make the same exasperated sound in response.

"I don't care if you didn't know who was going to be lynched! We're out of time!"

One of the monkeys stands up on its desk and throws down his antenna. The others continue typing furiously.

"I can't do this... we'll do it live."

All the monkeys look at him inquisitively... or is it expectantly?

"WE'LL DO IT LIVE!"

Some of the monkeys smirk. Some roll their eyes. Most of them shrug. They get paid either way. Cash, not bananas.

Later...

"Thanks for joining us tonight. We'll leave you with this video of populartajo killing babies. Goodnight, folks, and join us tomorrow morning for InVy Live, Day 4!."

populartajo (Mafia Goon) has been lynched. It is Night 3. Deadline is Thursday, October 1.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by mith »

Domestication

iamausername (2-shot Jailkeeper) is dead. It is Day 4. With 11 alive, it will take 6 to lynch before deadline, which is three weeks from this post.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by charter »

vote roflcopter
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I looked back at when tajo claimed hider just to make sure, and roflcopter was L-1 at the time and about to be lynched. Coincidence? I think not.

Check out page 59 if you want to read tajo's panicky claim designed to save scumbuddy rofl.

vote roflcopter
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Hell yeah, baby. Totally picked that fake claim.
SC wrote:I have a right to feel a little vindicated at this point.
Ekim is town, only person besides me who questioned the claim and said he actively thought tajo was scum. That and his claim (vengeful townie) mean he's essentially confirmed.

charter is either town or worth keeping around till lylo. In a 3-man lylo he can activate his treestump ability and then vote, so he essentially confirms himself and then it's a 50/50 for the lynch.

elvis reads as town recently due to what I feel was a genuine discussion during the iam/rofl situation. I don't like the confidence about the 'panicky claim' displayed above given yesterday she wasn't prepared to say tajo was scummy, but whatever, that's probably some well-deserved excitement at being on the right wagon.

VP was on the right wagon, but I really don't like his unvote at the end. It's true he could have hammered Pooky and didn't, but on the other hand, a wagon switch would have been pretty obvious at that stage. Plus I'm pretty sure the Xyl wagon was scum driven. I view him as neutral.

Rofl should be scum, I think. It's possible he's not, but it makes much more sense to me that tajo fakeclaimed to save him (and if not, there must be a blocker somewhere who blocked iam etc etc) I'd like to hear his investigation result before we lynch though.

Yos2 has either been squarely wrong all game or he's scum. Also, rofl had to guess he was vanilla town if rofl is scum. At this point, i'm prepared to say if rofl is scum, yos is scum.

KMD is town barring some strange counterclaim. KMD, did you shoot last night?

The scum almost certainly don't have a roleblocker, or they would have killed kmd. I think they did us a favour killing iam - I could see him as town thinking I'm scum because I did push hard in two games he was in to lynch someone to save a buddy, but I thought even with that evidence he'd see that tajo's lynch was the best one. Anyway - he was town, and is now confirmed, which is much better than losing charter or kmd or me.

Zu is either a townie who has been utterly lost all game or is scum.

Pooky is probably town. As I said, noone was prepared to defend him (aside from me) and I'd be surprised if the wagons yesterday were on two scum. He was a good scapegoat lynch.

Thesp I'm confused on. I had a pro-town read but his actions yesterday were dicey. Leave on the backburner for me.

So - today's action is relatively simple, get rofl's investigation then lynch him.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Also, kmd, did you shoot?

If we have 11 people, I think we have a good enough idea aobut the town makeup that we don't need a vig, unless we hit something like scum lovers. If the vig misses then we lose our mislynch. If there are 5 scum we get one mislynch, and I think we have enough to be able to knock them out, especially if rofl and yos2 go to plan and are scum. (incidentally, after rofl's investigation, even if he is town we will have a LOT of confirmeds at that point.)

For reference, my scumlist

Scum:
rofl
yos2

Leaning Scum
Zu

Neutral
VP
Thesp

Leaning town
Pooky
Elvis

Town or effectively town
SerialClergyman
charter
ekim
kmd
I'm old now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Post by charter »

There is literally zero chance that rofl is town. After he flips scum, there is even less chance that Yos is town (assuming they aren't lovers).

I'd say zu faul and probably thesp are the buddies.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:59 pm

I'm pretty sure too, don't worry. But I can't say literally zero when it's not literally zero :P
I'm old now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by charter »

I have no problem saying it :P
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:02 pm

*twitch*

:D
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Hmm..

Just thinking about this, the only other thing apart from possible mafia lovers is a traintor/godfather reltationship. It's possible that rofl's softclaiming was designed to show the scumteam that he is a traitor (ie, yos2 is the godfather, the only person in the scum team revealed to rofl) as well as protect yos2 (because I think traitor dies on godfather death.

If that theory is correct the best lynch is Yos2 because that'll knock them both off in one lynch, as opposed to having to wait for both of them.

But then it's all a little risky - if yos flips vanilla we don't know where we stand on rofl. If rofl flips vanilla cop, we have 2 (or 3 if we get his latest investigation) confirmed. I think possibly now is the time to go the safe option and hit rofl.

If we got kmd to shoot Yos2 on a rofl scumflip, that's essentially the next lynch anyway, so even if it hits town we'd be barely worse off than we would have been had we lynched him the next day, and if he hits we'llh ave some wiggle room to get a third shot from kmd or lynch ekim and get him to venge someone. Meh - again, that's all a bit complicated and depends on a few variables.

Never mind, just thinking everything through :P
I'm old now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by charter »

I think kmd should save his bullets until a roleblocker is revealed, that way they aren't wasted, since it's the most powerful role we have.

You raise a good point about the traitor, but I think it's a much better idea to lynch rofl first.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:36 pm

My feeling is that there isn't a blocker. I think if there was, they wouldh ave blocked me and killed kmd.

Mind you, they could have blocked kmd and killed whoever they wanted, but a confirmed town vig vs a unconfirmed (and on the wrong wagon) jailkeeper?

But ostensibly I agree there isn't much point in rocking the boat.
I'm old now.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:18 pm

vote roflcopter
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:27 pm

Post by ekiM »

I've been waiting a few days to say this but: thank fuck.

I feel about 95% sure both rofl and Yos are scum. I suppose we should think a little bit about which one is best to kill, re: godfathers and lovers. I'm not sure. I don't know why rofl would do that softclaim shit unless yos was a more valuable role than him (godfather with traitor or lover). But then, Tajo put everything on the line to try and save rofl.

BTW, Reading the role PMs I think the mafia team know who the traitor is from the start.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Vote Roflcopter

SC, no I didn't shoot last night. We need Rofl to claim a result on the off chance he's town and I didn't want to jump the gun on Yos just yet.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:13 am

Cheers kmd. I'll leave it up to you if you want to shoot yos2 if rofl scumflips. If unsuccessful we lose our mislynch (it goes to 4 scum out of 10) but if successful it goes to 3 scum out of 10 and you get another shot with impunity.

What's with all the votes?

He's already l-2. Just relax and let the man give his investigation. Noone gets town points for being on the rofl wagon.
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”