Open 180 - 3 of 5 / Out in the Wilde (Game Over!)

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Vote Count 2.8
Santos (2)
- DeathSauce, DTMaster
dramonic (2)
- Trumpet of Doom, hohum
DTMaster (1)
- Santos
Trumpet of Doom (1)
- Alduskkel
Alduskkel (1)
- dramonic

With seven players alive, four votes are required to lynch.

Final deadline falls on November 27 at 06:25 UTC.

DeathSauce, hohum, and dramonic are V/LA until the 23rd.
Last edited by Nikanor on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by hohum »

DTM: What is your opinion on Santos' early play. Especially: the hammer.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:10 pm

Post by DTMaster »

I should say in short: I want to hear more (and want some last minute convos before a hammer) but if the lynch goes through (especially say if it happened right this moment) then I just view him as a large scum suspect that should be lynched.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:13 pm

Post by hohum »

BTW I have a unique perspective on Santos because I'm modding a game where he's still alive, but it's an ongoing game so I really can't go into any details.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:21 pm

Post by hohum »

after a quick glance Santos doesn't appear to be at L-1. It looks like you unvoted (L-3) and then revoted (l-2)
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Hohum
Given the nature of what Suave did I get the impression:

1. The hammer was ok, especially when Suave didn't do these things.

a. He didn't claim in a claim/die situation, he just soft claimed. Though when I reread his post he did this:
Suave wrote: Unless someone is going to hammer... blah
when he knew he was at L-1.

b. His play was extremely poor and he didn't keep up with the game. Some how it's acceptable to post like: no scum hunting, nor formulate a good case.

c. He did not mention in his earlier post that he was planning to full claim. Here is the quote:
Suave wrote: I see... well I still stand behind what I've said. Also I did respond to post 83, I said I'm not scum. I will admit that I am a 'hard' person to read, seeing how I don't really play differently when I'm scum or not, but dramonic would probably notice something or tunnle on me more... probably. But that aside, I really don't want to claim. Unless someone is going to hammer me, I'm not claiming anything. >_< Also, if you look at the pokemon game, our good friend dramonic (who was indeed scum in that game) really liked to go with the flow. and I don't know about you guys, but he seems pretty flow going right now. >=( I don't want to die to dramonic again. but the whole policy lynch thing was because of what I've heard of his play style. doesn't anyone think that it's dangerous to play with someone who plays obvious scum all the time? I mean... that's like playing with fire, no? O_o
The last minute pin the blame on the hammerer looks poor from Suave's actions based on this.

Edit: I see, um, but that doesn't help the town information wise. But it is
a red flag
to note as of now.

Edit 2: Whoops lol. I even did a Malt/DTM analysis. Thought he was there. Anyways this isn't a claim or die situation so disregard that for now.

Doublepost deleted. ~Nik
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I modded Santos in Open 156. He was Town, and his play was... less than spectacular. *ahem*
DTMaster wrote:102/103 : Ew. Seriously. This is some serious buddying here. Why? If you want to apply the newb argument to Suave's play then you have to consider: this is his third game. The slack should be cut at this point.

In terms of actual scum hunting/policy lynching issue, Suave's game play provided a giant smoke screen on day one post-flip. This is 5 pages in at this point and Suave's main case is: lynch the guy who's meta is usually read as obv scum, not because of the actual posts that Hohum did. This in itself is scummy, non scumhunting.
Hey, if you want to go back and actually quote and refute my defense of Suave, then by all means do so. Until then you haven't addressed any of my actual points.
DTMaster wrote:310: OMG. Bad comment. Scumdar is going off. Pew pew pew! Why? "Town has trouble agreeing on who to kill =/= helping town find scum" That's just active useless lurking.
What are you saying here exactly?
DTMaster wrote:Ew what? 320. If you make a statement like that post a link to meta call this.
Now, why did I have to give a link for my statement? What I said had nothing to do with dramonic's play in other games.
DTMaster wrote:Also answering on behalf of Drac is scummy.
Last time I checked it's fairly common for a Townie (note: If I say Townie I mean pro-Town person, not necessarily vanilla) to answer for other people. If dramonic is scum, fine, you have a valid point. Until then it's just speculation.
DTMaster wrote:Stop coasting, stop saying you have no reason to suspect anyone of being scummy and defaulting them to pro-town.
I don't recall doing this. Except maybe with Mr. Suave, and I was RIGHT.
DTMaster wrote:Posting for the sake of avoiding a prod without playing is called active lurking.
Well I don't want to get replaced but I also didn't have anything to say. Would you have preferred it if I had just thrown out some random crap?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by Santos »

I see contradictions:
DTMaster wrote:ToD: 341 Page 12 is a bad post made by Santos. In all honstly you can try and interprete his joke as WIFOM, but that's extremely anti-town.
Originally I see a Drack/Akul team. But after my reread Santo's "joked claim scum" I highly dislike it.
So you're telling Trumpet of Doom that its anti-town to view my sarcasm as WIFOM, but then you don't like it yourself and vote me basically saying you don't like the WIFOM, amirite?

Is that not a contradiction of what you're telling someone else?

Also, if this is indeed a genuine contradiction on yourself, then your predecessor did the same thing AND YOU EVEN POINTED IT OUT. ZOMG LOL!!11!1!1
145148: Reads as a scum slip. Why? Note the comments. He goes: "lets see there be a hammer here" and then attacks Santos for the hammer afterthe fact. Now he is setting up some agrroed for a Santo's lynch for tomorrow. That is weak play right there. Death pointed this out.
Er didn't finish my thought. Santos: I had bad vibes coming from that player, but I still supported his lynch. He said he was scum (read tubby216).

Joking about how you are scum with ToD there? that's just as bad. Now defend and attack. If you were joking I wand some cases here.
READ ABOVE: that is my defense against your attack. You've contradicted your own self and have emulated the same contradiction that your predecessor made. That's hilarious.

And I'm L-2, not L-1, so does everyone want me to claim anyways?

Your responses: Yes
My Response: Vanilla Townie with very cute flavor about how old I am and that I tire easily so I have no night actions.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

DTMaster wrote:ToD: 341 Page 12 is a bad post made by Santos. In all honstly you can try and interprete his joke as WIFOM, but that's extremely anti-town. Plus a deathsauce + drac attack isn't helping this case get any better since it looks like severe chain saw. Given the topic at hand is a ToD/Santos scum team I expect you to do more then raise concerns. Find me some links or evidence. Personally at this point I can only agree Drac is scummy. Death sauce is null but abet abrasive play.
Re: Santos' joke claim: I'm pretty sure that I didn't actually comment on it (so what made you think I viewed it as WIFOM?), partly because I knew it wasn't the truth from the second I read it. I'm not sure exactly what he was getting at, but I can 100% guarantee it was not a serious claim of "Santos and ToD are scum."

Re: DeathScum: (a) How's it a chainsaw? Having just looked it up, for it to be an applicable tell, I would have to have been intending to defend Santos, who would have to be either dead scum or defending me by attacking my attackers. I wasn't trying to defend Santos, I was trying to make a point - see part b - and from what I can tell, Santos is neither dead scum nor defending my by attacking my attackers. If anything, DeathSauce is the one chainsawing by choosing to ignore the dramonic case based on the players who agree with it. Granted, it'd be nice to see dramonic lynched as scum first, since that'll strengthen my DeathSauce case, but whatever. (b) And you, too, seem to be missing the point I was trying to make. If players A and B each (claim to) think the other is scum that needs to be lynched ASAP, then both decide that player C should be lynched before either of them, what do you think that suggests about the relative strength of the case on C?

Here, I'll spell it out for you: Either hohum and I are scum together (which can't be right: Do pages 7-12 look staged to you?), or at least one of us is town (in which case the dramonic case has to have at least
some
merit, or we wouldn't have both decided to wagon him. Even if one of us is scum, the town one would have to have seen at least enough in the case to assess it as more worthwhile than the scum case they'd been pushing before).

Re: "raising concerns": ...uh... what? Could you possibly have phrased that in a way that was less clear? Actually, don't answer that. Just please rephrase "Given the topic at hand is a ToD/Santos scum team I expect you to do more then raise concerns. Find me some links or evidence." into coherent sentences that make sense in context. Or better yet, put it in as simple terms as possible, because apparently my skill at reading between the lines has gone to hell.

@lurkers/ex-lurkers (dramonic, DeathSauce, DTMaster): Goddammit, guys. Can a maximum of two of you be scummy, please? dramonic's lurking too much for what I know of his town play, DeathSauce is being incredibly dense about the dramonic case (including ignoring it without addressing it), and DT has all those lovely contradictions that Santos pointed out.

Speaking of Santos:
Santos wrote:And I'm L-2, not L-1, so does everyone want me to claim anyways?

Your responses: Yes
My Response: Vanilla Townie with very cute flavor about how old I am and that I tire easily so I have no night actions.
*facepalm* Why would you claim VT before L-1, except during massclaim?

One final thing, which is just an excuse to toot my own horn:
DTMaster's wiki wrote:(talking about Mini 751: Suzumiya Haruhi, which is listed as one of his favorite threads) One of Tar's game and absolutely brilliant. The flavour and town play was amazing. I strive to play at that level. The deduction from the phase counters were brilliant.
You mean this deduction? Yeah, that guy's really something, isn't he? :D
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by Santos »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:*facepalm* Why would you claim VT before L-1, except during massclaim?
Because people would bitch.

I've been confused between DeathSauce and dramonic this whole game, particularly because their names are slightly similar and shuffling through the pages I confuse myself between the two...however, they're both very minimal posters and that is cause for alarm.

So, I am in favor of competing bandwagons, GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!

Unvote

Vote: DeathSauce

DTMaster should be vig killed for contradictions haha
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Trumpet of Doom is tooting his own horn? :lol:

And Santos, are you seriously attacking DeathSauce for lurking? He's V/LA.

ToD: Bussing is way more common than you would have us think. Almost makes me think you and hohum are, in fact, the scum team. But that remains to be seen.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:52 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Santos
1. Sorry probably wasn't clear enough: I meant that your joke was anti-town if it was since it's just very poor to say that. Not that ToD's post was anti-town. I was addressing ToD, saying your post was anti-town.

2. I pointed out my predecessor was scummy for his actions, like Deathnote did. Replacement halos should not be auto clearing. Now how is me doing a full analysis scummy hm? I find it interesting you are more focused in saying I just contradicted myself in this post rather then
accuse someone of being scummy
. How's this, scum case please.

3. Rhetorical questions about claims are dumb. Don't ask it and then claim in the same post.

4. Wow.. so did you just vote because they were the competing bandwagons, or were they scummy. Answer my question.

5. Why didn't you scum hunt when requested?

@ToD
Re:Wifom. See above, misinterpretation. Santo's post was Wifomy. Not yours

Re: Deathnote. In terms of a chain saw I see your point. Also the answer to your scenario: The case on C is extremely weak and instead player A and B should be suspect for not pursing their lynches. A more conclusive answer depends on the setup and game involved, but that's the main gist of it in all games.

I need to do another reread because I know I saw some thing with the Deathnote vote in terms of chainsaw.

Lastly Drac hasn't been playing very spectacularly, as you can see he's on my list for the lack of scum hunting.

Finally: In simpler words why didn't you do much when Santos said: Lol I'm scum with ToD. Sarcasm aside, I expected more attacks based on the anti-town nature of it. It's not something you would seriously joke about.

Re:Ex lurker. Did I clear up my own contradictions. The ones my predecessor did I cannot clear since he did what he did. Hence my dennouncing of malpcs actions.

Re:Wiki. Yes. That was so epic role wise.

@Adul
1. Ok more original thoughts please. Who is scummy to you at this time. K thanks. Also why didn't you address what I post?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:16 am

Post by hohum »

Santos' wagon is being pushed by scum, methinks.

Unvote, Vote: DeathSauce
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:25 am

Post by hohum »

Trumpet of Doom wrote:*facepalm* Why would you claim VT before L-1, except during massclaim?
I'm glad he claimed. It cleared him as far as I'm concerned.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:39 am

Post by hohum »

In light of Santos' claim I'd like to propose a game breaking strategy.

The wording of the role PMs are screwed up enough that we can clear all the VTs at once and narrow the suspect pool down considerably.

@All VTs
Please pick a unique word out of either the third or fourth sentence in your role PM and post it in thread.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:20 am

Post by dramonic »

Back and... this is an open setup, using the pm ain't gonna work <_<
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Alduskkel »

DTMaster wrote:@Adul
1. Ok more original thoughts please. Who is scummy to you at this time. K thanks. Also why didn't you address what I post?
Check the vote count. And I'm pretty sure I am responding to what you post.

hohum, the role PMs are posted in the 2nd post. Exactly how do you intend to break the setup?
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:10 pm

Alduskkel wrote:Trumpet of Doom is tooting his own horn? :lol:
I know, right? Who'da thunk it? (Sorry, once I realized that pun, it was funny to me for reasons most of you probably don't get, which have to do with stereotypes about trumpet players in general. I've got an audition tomorrow, too...)
Alduskkel wrote:ToD: Bussing is way more common than you would have us think. Almost makes me think you and hohum are, in fact, the scum team. But that remains to be seen.
I wrote:Do pages 7-12 look staged to you?
:roll:
DTMaster wrote:why didn't you do much when Santos said: Lol I'm scum with ToD. Sarcasm aside, I expected more attacks based on the anti-town nature of it. It's not something you would seriously joke about.
Well, what was I supposed to do? If I made a joke about "dude, why'd you have to go and out us?" people would have been all over both of us because sarcasm doesn't transmit well through text, and I'm not going to attack a player who's still one of my strongest townreads.

:shock: Wow. hohum swings solidly into the "confirmed town" category. I'm now almost certain that 2 of the following 3 players are scum:
dramonic
DeathSauce
DTMaster

I will support a lynch of any of those three players, to the point that I am willing to hammer any of them without a claim.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by dramonic »

I'm not sure I understand how I'm tied to DTM and DS...

well, barring the d
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Process of elimination.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by dramonic »

And your reason for eliminating Santos and Aldu are... what exactly?
I'm a hoot
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Alduskkel has exhibited a very pro-town thought process.

Santos I'm still not going to tell you.

Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

ToD: Look, I'm not saying that a scum team between you and hohum is likely (I think it's rather unlikely), but I still think it's a definition possibility. I just think it's a bit much to consider one cleared if the other flips scum.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Unvote, Vote: dramonic
. I just realized that you've been posting one-liners for practically the whole game. What have you been doing to scum hunt lately, either? In fact you have really not followed up on your vote for me at all.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:14 pm

Post by hohum »

I didn't realize the Role PMs were on the first page

Return to “Completed Open Games”