malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:55 am

Post by malthusis »

Does this tie into the movie? Does time travelling way too much then cause any further attempts at time travelling to do nothing?
I haven't watched the movie enough, but I don't think they used the Box enough to show any long-term effects.

But continuing on that topic, it honestly seems like I have amnesia as well. Besides saying that Mary had died and John killed her (and chamber, I indeed take something of off John, but I'm not claiming it), I have absolutely nothing. This seems to tie in with the flavor that was shown with the kill.

I definitely agree with the fact that a Stephen is scum (which is a reason I've continued my case on chamber for so long), but he has answered everything I've flung at him successfully, so I'll
unvote
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Kinetic »

Day 2, Vote Count 1 (Ninth)

(2)
malthusis
(chamber, Sajin)

(1)
Boxman
(Konowa)

(1)
Sajin
(Tar)

(0)
RayFrost
()

(0)
Konowa
()

(0)
julienvonwolfe
()

(0)
Tarhalindur
()

(0)
chamber
()

(0)
DragonsofSummer
()

Currently there are 9 votes in play, this means it will require 5 to lynch.
Currently there are $%$#%@ players alive.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

More thoughts on claims:

- The Stephen claims still don't add up to me... if John is so damn important to future events, why do there appear to be more Stephens than Johns? Doesn't make sense to me from a setup design standpoint - not with the rest of the stuff I've seen.

The obvious possibility here is that there's a lying John in the time-traveling Stephens (in which case that John just about has to be scum...), but if so then who's the third scum? Could be one of the other future Stephens, but then why didn't my doppelganger appear with the John who contacted me? Could be future Joe... but why the hell would John work with Joe? Besides, if mipe wasn't the John who contacted me I'm pretty confident that malthusis isn't scum with my John. Maybe John recruited his buddies after the incident with me? Or they didn't show themselves?

Most likely answer if this is the case is that one of Boxman/RayFrost is scum, but I can't be sure. (At this point, I'm seriously wishing I knew which of Cobalt/UK was the past timeline Gary... unless there's a third Gary lying his ass off somewhere...)

Alternate possibility, I suppose, is that there's only two Mafia and there's another neutral (second SK trying to set up a Vig claim?)... but who's the second SK? (Not malthusis, I don't think, though I'll run a question by Kinetic to double-check.)

- As for why I asked about original timeline... before he proposed his solution and I rejected it, that John that contacted me mentioned something along the lines of the original timeline causing the most damage to the timeline. What the hell this means, I have no idea. I thought nothing of it at the beginning... but after chamber and malthusis both claimed that they thought they were the original Stephen/Joe and mipe was referenced as the original John I'm starting to reconsider that.

It's also a point against mipe being the John that contacted me... unless he was just too addled to remember that he was the original John (can't rule that out).

----

Players:

Chamber: probably town. He's claimed an investigative role and his play today looks strongly pro-town. UK dying would be a point against him... except that UK softclaimed a power role yesterday, so it's entirely possible (if not probable) that the scum picked up on that and killed her for it. Moreover, chamber's defense today looks like town defense to me.

Konowa: Leaning scum. He pushed a Cobalt wagon early D1, but when I pushed it seriously later, he made the following comment:
Konowa wrote:Tar, can you expand on your read on Cobalt? I am not seeing it right now. Also, I think that Boxman should not claim yet. I say this because while some of the things he has said do not sit well with me, mipe is more likely to be scum at the moment, in my opinion, and I would rather run him up.
Konowa, why the flip from "Join the Cobalt wagon, I have treats" to not seeing my Cobalt read? I don't see any clear reason for it, and it reeks of scum distancing early.

Main point I see against Konowa being scum is that he consistently pushed mipe over several other wagons (especially Boxman) and that he's been asking questions. If we're dealing with a two-man Mafia, that's easy to explain; alternately, Konowa could have (correctly) believed that mipe was an SK, or that he wouldn't be called on pushing a mipe lynch if he was town.

Sajin: Neutra. His post at the beginning of the day is highly questionable ("
Sucks
Rocks for Us!") and a LOT of his content has been somewhat off-topic (IIoA, albeit a weak version). On the other hand, he DID push cases (mainly mipe); while he didn't actually vote Cobalt, from the way he was questioning I suspect that Sajin would have joined the wagon if not for the mipe wagon intervening.

Biggest thing nagging at me (yes, the little nagging voice) is that Sajin doesn't feel as aggressive and proactive as he usually does as town (I've modded town-Sajin a few times)... but the little nagging voice is also telling me he's likely town based on his questioning. I should probably total read to double-check if I get a chance (what with time constraints and site problems).

At the moment: If we're lynching a future Stephen, I think Konowa's our best shot. I'll look over non-Stephens (mainly JVW/Boxman) when I get a chance.

Konowa, Sajin: Who do you think is scum right now, and why?

Unvote, Vote: Konowa
Weak FoS: Sajin
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:24 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Okay, slowly catching up and getting a handle on this.
Tarhalindur wrote:See, I don't think you're lying about being John. I think you're scum BECAUSE you claimed John and time traveler - I have extremely strong reason to believe that there is a time-traveling John in the game.

Hell, you should probably know about it, mister probable-Mafia-Godfather; remember that little conversation pregame, where I made it clear I wanted NOTHING to do with that little plan you proposed?

(I'll probably get killed for this claim, but oh well.)
Tar, you seem to have targeted mipe because he was a time travelling John. I'll allow that you probably were not aware of the number of Johns in the game, and from your point of view there may have been only one. Is this why you were so certain that your pre-game conversation made mipe scum?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

julienvonwolfe wrote:Okay, slowly catching up and getting a handle on this.
Tarhalindur wrote:See, I don't think you're lying about being John. I think you're scum BECAUSE you claimed John and time traveler - I have extremely strong reason to believe that there is a time-traveling John in the game.

Hell, you should probably know about it, mister probable-Mafia-Godfather; remember that little conversation pregame, where I made it clear I wanted NOTHING to do with that little plan you proposed?

(I'll probably get killed for this claim, but oh well.)
Tar, you seem to have targeted mipe because he was a time travelling John. I'll allow that you probably were not aware of the number of Johns in the game, and from your point of view there may have been only one. Is this why you were so certain that your pre-game conversation made mipe scum?
Uh, I had specific rolebased info that there was a time-traveling scum John in the game. Mipe claimed that specific combo. Why the hell WOULDN'T I push for his lynch, given that he just claimed a role name I knew was more likely to be scum than the average player and I've seen more than a few scum outed by claiming poorly in my time?

Not only did I have no way of knowing that there would be at least two time-traveling Johns in the game (while I have more info than most on the current situation, I have NO info on whatever started this whole mess), but I would have lynched him even if I HAD known that there were at least two time-traveling Johns in the game: that still would leave a 50% chance at MINIMUM (barring three future Johns and only one scum, in which case a 33% chance minimum) of mipe being scum, and lynching at random gives only a 25% chance of lynching scum unless there's 3 Mafia and an SK. (Side note: Why not pursue you immediately after your John claim, JVW? 1) There's too many Stephens in the works, and I suspect one of them may be a lying John, and 2) I'm not sure why you as scum would claim John... besides WIFOM reasoning, anyways.)

Of course, there was one other reason why I was so sure mipe was scum - his play was scummy as hell.

Now, JVW: What is your reason for making the quoted post?
User out of ambit.

malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:49 am

Post by malthusis »

The latest posts revisit the entire John theory. I still believe one of the Johns is scum, but I haven't picked which one is the scum one yet. I've been leaning towards JVW, but I'm going to go reread and make sure my case is solid.

@All players: Which one of the two Johns (DoS and JVW) do you think is the scummiest?
Tarhalindur wrote:
julienvonwolfe wrote:I am John. I have the time traveler ability, though it seems singularly useless.
I'd like a full flavor claim out of you, jvw. Specifically... why did you time travel?
Still waiting JVW.... (I'd like to see this out of DoS as well.)
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I am an Engineer. My flavor is that I don't know what would ever cause me to use the box, and have since I managed to create it.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:24 pm

EBWOP: That should say and have known I shouldn't.
-Tyler Durden
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:12 am

Post by Konowa »

Work and my daughter being sick has kept me occupied this week, sorry. I'll post tomorrow with thoughts.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:28 am

Post by RayFrost »

I feel that the flavor is distracting me from finding scum.

Probably due to a lack of setupy knowledge.
don't you feel silly now?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Tarhalindur wrote:Now, JVW: What is your reason for making the quoted post?
I went back to it since as mipe was SK, scum-Tar would have just as much an interest in lynching mipe as town-Tar would've. I found your post there especially important since it was instrumental in lynching mipe.

Does your info definitely imply to you that the John was mafia, or just non-town?

Malthusis, I think I've already made the full flavour claim. I have none. I'm an Engineer, with some abilities that have unknown effects. I have the time travel ability, but I've been pretty clear about what I know about that. I'm not told that I've time traveled, but I think I probably have.

Oh, I'll throw this out to the town. I can target somebody with an action that I know is unsafe, but I don't know what it'll do. I can target myself, if need be. Who does the town want something unsafe to happen to tonight? (I can also do something safe, but I tried that on myself last night and as far as I know nothing happened.)
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

julienvonwolfe wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Now, JVW: What is your reason for making the quoted post?
I went back to it since as mipe was SK, scum-Tar would have just as much an interest in lynching mipe as town-Tar would've. I found your post there especially important since it was instrumental in lynching mipe.

Does your info definitely imply to you that the John was mafia, or just non-town?

Malthusis, I think I've already made the full flavour claim. I have none. I'm an Engineer, with some abilities that have unknown effects. I have the time travel ability, but I've been pretty clear about what I know about that. I'm not told that I've time traveled, but I think I probably have.

Oh, I'll throw this out to the town. I can target somebody with an action that I know is unsafe, but I don't know what it'll do. I can target myself, if need be. Who does the town want something unsafe to happen to tonight? (I can also do something safe, but I tried that on myself last night and as far as I know nothing happened.)
1) My info doesn't explicitly state that a time-traveling John is Mafia, only that a time-traveling John is scum of some kind (were that not the case, I would have made that clear at the beginning of the day). The flavor behind it, however, suggests that the John in question was a Mafioso (if mipe was the John in question, he must have been trying to gather himself a Mafia faction and failed) - I don't see why that John would be trying to convince me to join him unless he was trying to build a Mafia faction of some kind.
User out of ambit.

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Sajin »

I remember specifically that Kinetic as he was talking about his last game ran on this site specifically mentioned that his placement of scum among subgroups he made was designed to dispel metagame thinking of "he would not do that".

As such, I find scum hunting within a group a convenient excuse to overlook possible partners.

Tar this mostly applies to you. You are wanting to pressure Johns because of role info and because he is important in flavor? You want to pressure Stephens because there is 4? Please get out of the flavor arguments and make mafia arguments.

Again in WoT, Kinetic made several roles that had misleading info and he commented several times on how funny he thought it was watching people argue over red herrings while I myself and the other scum got to jump in on them and exploit it and fractured all of the town's trust in each other. I do not want a similar thing to happen this game.

This kind of time traveling game seems the perfect excuse for Kinetic to do the same thing.

I still dislike Malthusis' slip. I still think Boxman is scummy but thats more for coasting day 1.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:03 am

Post by malthusis »

Tar this mostly applies to you. You are wanting to pressure Johns because of role info and because he is important in flavor? You want to pressure Stephens because there is 4? Please get out of the flavor arguments and make mafia arguments.

Again in WoT, Kinetic made several roles that had misleading info and he commented several times on how funny he thought it was watching people argue over red herrings while I myself and the other scum got to jump in on them and exploit it and fractured all of the town's trust in each other. I do not want a similar thing to happen this game.
As much as you can say mod meta can influence the flavor, you can't deny that we've caught one anti-town person using it. I have yet to see any better cases out there other then the one me/Tar have put out. If you can show us a "real case", I'd definitly give it an honest look but you haven't shown any opinion or mafia links yourself but the mipe case (which was started by flavor in the first place).
I still dislike Malthusis' slip.
What are you talking about?

Also: Answer my previous question please....
@All players: Which one of the two Johns (DoS and JVW) do you think is the scummiest?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:08 am

Post by malthusis »

EBWOP: @DoS: I can't understand your claim, could you rephrase it please?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:01 pm

I know that I shouldn't ever use the box, and have known this since I created it. Basically.
-Tyler Durden
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:46 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Are there no responses to my question as to viable targets for something unsafe to happen to tonight? I thought it would be interesting to see who people propose.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am

Post by RayFrost »

JVW, I have no idea ~.~

I'm lost in this ocean of flavortext.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:03 am

Post by chamber »

Its been almost 48 hours without posts (and a fair bit longer sinse I posted) so how about we lynch malth already?
Taking a break from the site.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:16 am

Post by RayFrost »

malthusis wrote:EBWOP:

This is slightly random, but I have reasons to believe that RayFrost is scum because of what he said above.

Vote: RayFrost
The basis for this post was so bad and weak that I'm inclined to trust chamber more than malth.

Reasoning is terribad.

I do a random vote on somebody that I've never played with before and... he votes me. :? srsly.

vote: malthusis

one of many things that make me lean malth.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Day 2, Vote Count 2 (Tenth)

It has come to my attention that I've forgotten to put any deadline information, as per the rules, in any thread. I have fixed that in this one.

(3)
malthusis
(chamber, Sajin, Ray)

(1)
Konowa
(Tar)

(1)
Boxman
(Konowa)

(0)
Sajin
()

(0)
RayFrost
()

(0)
julienvonwolfe
()

(0)
Tarhalindur
()

(0)
chamber
()

(0)
DragonsofSummer
()

Currently there are 9 votes in play, this means it will require 5 to lynch.
Currently there are $%$#%@ players alive.

Deadline, January 30, 2009 (End of the Day EST).
Extension Votes
(0) :
5 Votes required for extension.
Boxman
Boxman
Goon
Boxman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Boxman »

Yeah, that's very flimsy reasoning.

On a side note, I see DoS as a little less scummy than JVW.

Personally, right now, I think Ray is town. He asked me some very pro-town questions in our QT, imo, and I like his in-game posting.
Show
Currently Playing:
Super uPick
Mini 894 - Vortex Mafia

Currently Modding:
Mini 885 - Mafia in the Village (need 2 replacements)
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:41 pm

What exactly is the case on Malthius?
-Tyler Durden
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Sorry for my neglect, will post tonight. Looking askance at Ray's reasoning in 444.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Sajin »

Tar if you would come back here and respond to my last post, that would be much appreciated.
DragonsofSummer wrote:What exactly is the case on Malthius?
He is resorting to flavor to lynch and inaccurately quoted his flavor when he claimed. He claimed Joe and being Mary's Girlfriend during mass name claim and I believe it was a slip. He was not willing to lynch based on Tar's claimed flavor day 1 yet is now willing to do so.

Would everyone comment on Malth as well as wanting to or not wanting to lynch based on flavor? All this flavor speculation is boring and is slowing the game down to a crawl.

Request Mass Prods Please

Prod Request must be made for individual players. "Mass Prods" does not compute"
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”