Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Konowa »

First, yes I consider there to be only one scum left. This partially has to do with my role.

I am Stephen. I am a time-traveling survivor hider. I came back in time to make money off of the market and made a fortune, now I just have to survive to spend it.

N1 I hid behind DoS.
N2 I hid behind Ray.
Non-kill actions are forwarded to the person I am hiding behind.
Kills are canceled.

Now, I am no way a setup expert, but I personally believe that two scum left is too many. We have already had one mafia and one sk flip. Even though we do not know JVW's flip, I feel confident in the fact that he was scum. Two scum remaining would mean five scum in a twelve player game, which I think is too many.

Anyways, my belief that there is only one mafia left, Boxman flaking, and town reads on Ray, DoS, and malth means that Tar is the last mafia.

unvote;

vote Tarhalindur
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:24 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

I will ask that players not comment on this Hider claim until we have received clarifications from Tarhalindur's Hider claim.

Questions for Konowa:

1.)
You claim that you believe there is only one scum left "partially" because of your role. However, you then go on to say that you think there is only one scum left because you believe JVW was scum. Please clarify how your role in particular makes you think there is one scum remaining.

2.)
Are there any consequences for you if you hide behind a wrong player?

3.)
How would you turn up to a Cop result, assuming you did not hide on a given night? Neutral? Innocent?

4.)
You claim that nightkills on you are "canceled." Suppose you hid behind somebody who was unnighttargetable. Would a kill then work on you?

Most importantly, 5.)
At the end of Day One, you asked UncertainKitten to target you if she needed to target somebody with a "Time Traveler" ability. However, you just claimed that non-nightkill abilities are forwarded to the person you hide behind. Why, then, did you make that offer, if you knew UncertainKitten could not actually target you with it if you were going to hide?
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Konowa »

1) Before I answer I noticed that I fail at basic math.
I think that JVW was likely scum. Mipe flipped SK. Cobalt flipped mafia.
I am a survivor.
One more scum (other than myself) would mean five in a twelve man mafia; anything more than that would be too many.
2) It is not expressed in my PM, so I am assuming no. If you want me to clarify with Kinetic I will.
3) I did not ask. I would never not hide, though.
4) No. Kills fail.
5) UK wanted to keep Mipe alive to use her ability on him. I was pretty sure that Mipe was scum and needed to be lynched. I offered UK an ability to appease her curiosity and so we could lynch Mipe. I offered myself knowing that it would not do anything and hid behind DoS (who is not a time-traveler) and when asked if anything happened say no and claim ignorance.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:01 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

... Processing ...
Konowa, Post 552 wrote:One more scum (other than myself) would mean five in a twelve man mafia.
So are you claiming scum?
Konowa, cont. wrote:I was pretty sure that Mipe was scum and needed to be lynched. I offered UK an ability to appease her curiosity and so we could lynch Mipe. I offered myself knowing that it would not do anything and hid behind DoS (who is not a time-traveler) and when asked if anything happened say no and claim ignorance.
Using your wording from an earlier post, there is a "disconnect" in this reasoning. If you wanted to
appease
UncertainKitten, taking an action that necessarily foils UncertainKitten targeting a Time Traveler has the
opposite
effect.

Needless to say, I have a few problems with your claim, but I do not want to expand on them until Tarhalindur has returned with clarifications. Konowa, I will ask that you too ask the mod for clarifications on questions you could not definitively answer.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:02 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Tarhalindur wrote:2) My ability mentions only kills; I'd assume it doesn't stop other abilities, but I'll fire off a question to Kinetic to double-check.
3) Again, I'm not explicitly told anything; I'd assume the ability fails and I don't die, but I'll double-check with Kinetic.
4) Again, I haven't been told how abilities other than kills interact with my role; I'll ask Kinetic about this, too.
Update:
2) Kinetic's reply indicates that I was in error; most abilities targeting me (I've asked for elaboration on that "most", but doubt I'll get any) when I hide fail to resolve, but if somebody uses such an ability that would be blocked by my hide on the person I hide behind then I am affected by that ability as well (i.e, if somebody doc-protects the person I'm hiding behind then I'm doc-protected as well).
3) As I thought, if I'm roleblocked then my hide ability is prevented.
4) See 2.

Now that I've received clarification from Kinetic:
Konowa wrote:First, yes I consider there to be only one scum left. This partially has to do with my role.

I am Stephen. I am a time-traveling survivor hider. I came back in time to make money off of the market and made a fortune, now I just have to survive to spend it.

N1 I hid behind DoS.
N2 I hid behind Ray.
Non-kill actions are forwarded to the person I am hiding behind.
Kills are canceled.

Now, I am no way a setup expert, but I personally believe that two scum left is too many. We have already had one mafia and one sk flip. Even though we do not know JVW's flip, I feel confident in the fact that he was scum. Two scum remaining would mean five scum in a twelve player game, which I think is too many.

Anyways, my belief that there is only one mafia left, Boxman flaking, and town reads on Ray, DoS, and malth means that Tar is the last mafia.

unvote;

vote Tarhalindur
BULLSHIT.

1) You claimed Survivor. In a Mini Theme game where an SK has already flipped, where there have been no-reveals, and where a fair number of town power roles didn't know what their role did. And yet you're assuming that there was a three-man Mafia group, when I would expect a two-man group instead if you were actually telling the truth. Not buying it.
2) You oh-so-conveniently claimed a role that happens to counterclaim the role of the one player in this game I KNOW is Town... when you would almost certainly be lynched today without such a claim. CLASSIC scum behavior, especially if you have a surviving scumbuddy.
3) You got your Hider claim details wrong (I seriously doubt there are two kinds of Hider in the game). See above for details.
4) Your play doesn't add up if you're actually a Survivor Hider. If you are actually a Survivor, why be so active N1? Why be active and push for lynches D1, then vanish immediately after the SK went down? That's Mafia behavior, not Survivor behavior.

As for offering yourself as a UK target N1... while it could make sense as a Survivor trying to prove his ability, it makes much more sense as a Mafioso who is either untargetable or part of a group with a roleblock (I'd suspect the former - makes too much sense to try to bait a claimed power role into wasting its power while the Mafia killed her for it).

Oh yes, and point 5:

5) You claim to be a time traveler who knows what his role does. Every other time traveler we've seen this game (with the possible exceptions of malthusis and the two unclaimed players) have NOT known what their ability did (due to the memory-damaging effects of time travel). You're claiming that you are unique in that regard, and just HAPPEN to have a role that could counterclaim mine?

Yeah right. You're Mafia (probably untargetable Godfather of some kind*, but a Mafia group with a Roleblocker or the like isn't out of the question... especially if DoS is Mafia after all), and you've got a surviving partner somewhere.

* - though why Kinetic would screw over the Mafia like that I'm not sure.

Vote: Konowa
LOCK ON: Konowa
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:04 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

The above post [Post 553] is mine.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

EBWODP:
Tarhalindur wrote:2) Kinetic's reply indicates that I was in error; most abilities targeting me (I've asked for elaboration on that "most", but doubt I'll get any) when I hide fail to resolve, but if somebody uses such an ability that would be blocked by my hide on the person I hide behind then I am affected by that ability as well (i.e, if somebody doc-protects the person I'm hiding behind then I'm doc-protected as well).
Incidentally, this means that my post 466 was somewhat in error (the role type I was thinking of - protective - would have needed to target malthusis to prevent me from dying from a mishide, not me)... but I didn't realize that at the time, due to thinking that only kills were blocked.
* - though why Kinetic would screw over the Mafia like that I'm not sure.
Typo - meant to write SK, as I hope is obvious from the context.
User out of ambit.

GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:15 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Now that we have clarifications from Tarhalindur, I will make a few comments.

1.)
Konowa, I have problems with your claim that actions that target you target the person you hide behind instead. I have seen this exact same claim before (minus the "Survivor") from Seraphim in Bleach Mafia, which I got clarification on here. For my thoughts on such a claim, See: Posts 409, 410, 411 of that game.

2.)
I have a similar issue with Tarhalindur's claim (since he essentially claims that if somebody investigated the person he hid behind, they would receive
two
results). However, I am pulled from my computer so I will have to hold this thought until later.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

I have a few spare moments, so I will elaborate on my last post.

1.)
Concerning Konowa's Hider claim, the assertion that those who target Konowa instead target the "Host" (whoever is being hidden behind) has multiple theoretical problems, including:

-->
a.)
Investigative roles would be completely misled with their results. As should be obvious, this is an excellent claim for scum who know they will have a guilty result on themselves, as one would have the response of "you didn't investigate
me
, you investigated the person I hid behind."
--> --> (i) Corollary: It is also rather absurd for any investigatory role to end up investigating themselves without even knowing it.
-->
b.)
If there is a protective role, then there is a possibility of an "invincibility circle" if the Doctor targets the Hider and the Hider hides behind the Doctor.

Independent of those concerns, it is also disturbing that: (i) there are no repurcussions for hiding behind scum, and (ii) that Konowa is claiming to be a Survivor.

I am at the point in thinking that even
if
you are telling the truth, we are well-off lynching you for the following reasons:

-->
a.)
If you are a Hider, then your existence increases the chances of having an extra death on Night Three (this also applies to Tarhalindur);
-->
b.)
If you are a Survivor, then you have no reason to help the Town if we were in a more critical LyLo situation -- for example, if there were three people alive (1 Scum, 1 Town, 1 Survivor) then you have no incentive to withhold your vote or to vote with the Town.

2.)
Concerning Tarhalindur's Hider claim, I am unconvinced that it makes sense to have one who targets the "Host" also target the Hider. This has similar problems as above, including:

-->
a.)
A Cop (or Tracker, Watcher, etc.) would receive two results. This is problematic no matter what way you look at it:
--> --> (i) A Cop could get "guilty / innocent" for example and thereby determine two alignments in one fell swoop. This seems problematic if the Investigator does not why (or who) the second result comes from.
--> --> (ii) If it were made clear to a Cop that one of the two results was on Tarhalindur, it would be a way to confirm Tarhalindur's ability while also investigating him.
-->
b.)
There is a large problem with what happens if a Role-Blocker targets the Host. Would this, in turn, block Tarhalindur after he has already hid behind the Host? Necessarily the action should "pass through" the Host onto Tarhalindur, but that could only happen if Tarhalindur were not role-blocked. Ironically, this is a paradoxical situation created by timing.

3.)
I think it is very clear that
at least
one of the claimed Hiders is scum, not only because of the above problems, but because of the ridiculous situations that arise with multiple Hiders, and especially Hiders with different claimed abilities. I do not want to belabor the point, but:

-->
a.)
Tarhalindur hides behind Konowa, and Konowa hides behind Tarhalindur. This could either result in an "invincibility circle," or alternatively, Tarhalindur would hide behind Konowa and be "transferred" to Hide behind himself.
-->
b.)
Tarhalindur hides behind A, and Konowa hides behind Tarhalindur. A is then targeted for a kill. This then kills Tarhalindur, which would then kill Konowa.
-->
c.)
Tarhalindur hides behind A, and Konowa hides behind Tarhalindur. Tarhalindur is then targeted for a kill. It is not even clear whether Konowa would die in such a situation. Regardless, Konowa's death might not even be dependent on whether the person he actually hid behind was the nightkill target.

~

I still am in favor of a mass-claim before lynching anybody.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

GLaDOS, keep in mind that Kinetic has indicated that my ability blocks "most" other abilities, not all; I've asked Kinetic for elaboration on what exactly gets through the hide, but he hasn't answered back yet (and he might not be willing to answer).

In particular, I'm guessing based on his previous answers that roleblocking isn't affected by hiding (blocking a person I'm hiding behind does nothing, blocking me stops my hide) based on how he answered my question about what happens if I'm roleblocked. (I've fired off a different question based on the possibility of redirecting roles targeting me, as well.)

And I agree, there's no way in hell both Hiders are telling the truth... hence why I've voted Konowa.
User out of ambit.

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Day 3, Vote Count 2 (Fifteen)

(1)
Tarhalindur
(Konowa)

(1)
Konowa
(Tar)

(0)
malthusis
()

(0)
GLaDOS
()

(0)
RayFrost
()

(0)
DragonsofSummer
()

Currently there are $#%$%# votes in play, this means it will require 4 to lynch.
Currently there are $%$#%@ players alive.

Deadline, March 4, 2010 (End of the Day EST).
Extension Votes
(0) :

5 Votes required for extension.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...
Tarhalindur, Post 559 wrote:GLaDOS, keep in mind that Kinetic has indicated that my ability blocks "most" other abilities, not all; I've asked Kinetic for elaboration on what exactly gets through the hide, but he hasn't answered back yet (and he might not be willing to answer).
I am keeping that in mind, and in fact, that is a strike against your claim.

If "most" roles pass through the Host to you, then it seems to me like that would include what most roles are: Doctors, various investigative roles (Cop, Tracker, Watcher, Thief, anything theme-related here), Role-Blockers, Vigilantes. So far you've only told us Vigilantes (i.e. killing roles) and Doctors. The problems come precisely from pretty much every
other
role. And if practically every role besides Doctors and Vigilantes are what cause problems for your claim and therefore cannot "pass through," then that is not "most roles."

Furthermore, the very fact that you
don't
know what roles "pass through" the Host makes your claim untestable except insofar as you might be able to save yourself from a nightkill. The way you have claimed, you can always respond in one of two ways: (i) what this person claims is a lie, or (ii) that must be one of the roles that does not "pass through" the Host to target me.

Regardless
I am presently more of the opinion that Konowa is scum than you are, and that even if Konowa is telling the truth, that keeping him alive beyond today is more dangerous than keeping you alive.

Finally, I will just state this plainly: I will not be voting today until we have had a mass-claim. I am worried that we might have more of this "Lost" status that takes away information, and I think we are at the point where every little bit might make the difference.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Kinetic got back to me, and offered a better explanation of how my hide works (specifically, that "most abilities" part).

Basically, the abilities my hide blocks are ones whose flavor requires direct physical access to me (such as Doctors and killing roles, but any ability where the flavor of the role requires that the person have access to me) work as mentioned previously.

Roles which do NOT require direct access to me (such as almost all investigations; Kinetic has clarified that this includes Trackers and Watcher in addition to normal investigations) function normally when targeted at me; for example, a Cop can investigate me and gets normal results, but would not get to investigate me by investigating the person I hide behind. (A Watcher could also see me if he targeted the person I hide behind.)

Roleblockers and redirectors are special cases. Roleblockers can block me before I can successfully hide, thus preventing my hide from working, but cannot stop me from successfully hiding by blocking who I'm hiding behind (since I've already hidden); likewise, redirectors can force me to change target by targeting me, but not by targeting who I'm hiding behind.

As I understand it, this means that roleblockers, redirectors, and most investigative roles can target me, while just about everything else is prevented from targeting me but can affect me by targeting the person I hide behind. (Given that we've seen a dead SK and two kills per night, I suspect that protective and killing roles may actually comprise most of the abilities in the setup.)

----

In other news, unless I'm missing something there is no possible better lynch than Konowa today.

Consider the numbers. If Konowa is neutral (other than SK, and SK can be discounted given that mipe flipped SK) and there are two Mafiosos, they can effectively win the game immediately provided that Konowa is willing to work with them and they can block or kill the vig Night 3 (force no-lynch today, kill overnight - as long as the kill doesn't fail, Day 4 must begin with at most 4 alive, of which one is Konowa and a second is Mafia; force a second no-lynch and kill another townie for the win). As such, there would be little reason for a Mafioso who has a surviving partner other than Konowa to claim as such.

Since we've seen no sign of this and a town victory is nearly impossible if Konowa is neutral and two scum are alive, then we can ignore that possibility. We can still win if either a) Konowa is neutral and there is one Mafioso left or b) Konowa is one of two surviving Mafiosos.

In either of those situations, Konowa is the best lynch - we KNOW that he's not town (since he claimed as such), so we're guaranteed a lynch on a non-town player that doesn't lose the game for the town. There's no other player in the game for which this is true.

Massclaim first, but Konowa MUST die today.
User out of ambit.

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

First, I don't remember ever claiming to know that there had to be multiple Johns in the game. I just didn't dispute the fact that it was possible, and accepted it when others claimed John.

I created the box because thats what my role pm says. I also know I should never use it because that is what my role pm tells me. Its in my flavor.

The only ability I have is to use the box, but I don't know exactly what will happen if I do, and I have not used it on any night yet.

Claim:
I am John. I am an engineer, and creator of the box. My only ability is to use the box (as a note, if I use the box, I go inside of it, I cannot put someone else in). But I know I shouldn't use it and don't know what would make me want to.

Also, Tar's logic seems sound to me, so I will
vote Konowa
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Tarhalindur's claim now makes a good deal more sense, whereas Konowa remains with his same problems.

malthusis, when you return around February 19, please claim. I am also still waiting for RayFrost to full-claim, and in particular, for him to claim what he was trying to breadcrumb in Post 33.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I am Joe, a theoretical physicist.

mason partnered up with mary, flavor is that mary, though she's a geek, is a total babe. (paraphrased)
don't you feel silly now?
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

RayFrost, please explain your breadcrumb in Post 33.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Oh, yeah, sorry, forgot.

I was ttempting to breadcrum mason with the italicized stuff.

I included bolding and underline in order to decrease the obviousness of what was breadcrumbed
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Konowa »

Waiting on updates from Kinetic for questions I could not fully answer.

@Glados: I guess it all depends on your train of thought. I am not claiming scum, I am claiming survivor. As for the UK situation, it made sense to me at the time. I did not know what UK's ability did, but as I said was pretty sure that mipe was scum and needed to be lynched. I figured, especially after D1 lynch scene, that if I was active enough on scum lynches I would have an easy enough time of making it to end game, where you have already plotted out a scenario that was likely to happen. I did not foresee time-travel talk shenanigans scrambling my brain and making it hard to scumhunt.

@Tar:

1) Exactly, there have been no reveals. Meaning we do not know. However, with the no reveals and me confident in the fact that JVW was likely scum and game not over means that there is one more mafia making a three-man mafia.
3) Nope. Details are not wrong. Unless my PM is in some form of code that I seriously am misreading, then I have described my role asis.
4) Time travel talk D2 hurt my head and really impeded me from doing any scumhunting.
5) Short answer, yes. The details of my role are pretty clear.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Konowa is a survivor.

Really see no reason to let him live.

However, I'm going to read through a bit...
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:12 am

Post by malthusis »

I'm back from V/LA, I'll be posting in a bit.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by malthusis »

After giving the 2 (only 2?) pages during the time I wasn't here a good read, here's my thoughts:

Basically, I'm on the same chord as Tar as saying that Konowa should be lynched. In addition to the reasons everyone has stated in thread, there's practically no downside to lynching a neutral: It actually improves our chances at Lylo by removing a variable vote that the town can't control. I'm definitely for a Konowa lynch after mass-claim.

As the for the mass-claim: In addition to what I have said before, the objects I stole were 3 syringes grabbed off of John/mipe. They are all one shot abilities. The first was poison, which I used to kill Cobalt on Night 1. The second causes a person to be unconscious for 24 hours. The flavor made me think that it was an RB, so I used it on Saijin to see if he was scum. This means we can probably expect to see him come back tomorrow. The third I have not used yet, and am keeping secret.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Why are you keeping it a secret?

Keeping this a secret seems anti-town.

It's mass claim, after all.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by malthusis »

Just to clarify all the flavor in one place: (and this is basically what my PM says, paraphrased) is that I know a John killed Mary, and that I was able to grab the syringes from that John. Other then that, my memory is shot.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Answer the question, dammit!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”