Sidekick
Sidekick
Townie
Sidekick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Sidekick »

Sotty7 wrote: Sidekick, if you can't tell if bandwagoning is scummy or not at this point of the game why did you point it out in the manner you did?
I clearly said I intended as a light hearted joke, some people blew it out of proportion.
If I legitimately thought he was being scummy...
I would have voted for him.
All the people are so happy now their heads are caving in. I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.
Fongoid
Fongoid
Goon
Fongoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Fongoid »

@all: Sorry about my disappearance, was my birthday yesterday, and spent the evening before out as well.

@Hoopla: My vote on Sean was not entirely random, I loled a bit at CC's vote on cruelty, and in the same vein tried to find someone who I wouldn't be friendly with...grumpy people make tiring friends, so I voted the Disgruntled one.

Some interesting wagons so far, and I'm really liking the activity level which is about triple my first game. I'll do my best to keep up.
icemanE wrote:In my opinion bandwagoning is the best way to get a game started. This one got going quick.
What are other ways you've seen to get games going, and why do you think that bandwagoning is better?

As far as the current bandwagons, I'm hardly convinced by the reasons, though players under pressure do provide info, so I'll submit to SpyreX's bandwagon badgering...

Vote: Budja

@Budja: How intimidating is being the target of an early bandwagon?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:20 am

Post by SpyreX »

sidekick wrote:Is dat sum bandwagoning I smell?
sidekick wrote:Did I say I thought it was a scum manuever?

Don't put words into my mouth.
Now, apparently you're saying that awesome first quote was in the King's English:

Is that some bandwagoning I smell?

Versus:

Is that scum bandwagoning I smell?

Otherwise I couldn't be putting words in your mouth.

OF COURSE, that raises the question of:
Sidekick wrote:To be clear, it was intended as light hearted hence the purposely poor use of english.
If the answer to other questions raised is "its a joke" why did I get "don't put words in my mouth"

These are the mysteries that shape us.

-----
CC wrote: SpyreX, what's your case on Budja? It's serious? Because it looked like an early D1 joke. Point on Sidekick is weak but at least a point. Point against Budja seems like joke made from far-fetched thoughts. Why do you think you should be voting him, instead Sidekick? Just because Sotty told you to?
Cases at this point? Perish the thought.

I started out messing with Budja because while I wont use meta in play Budja and I have a history of me getting him lynched. :)

THEN, Sidekick did something that I wanted an answer to.

THEN, Hoopla ruined it by speaking up too soon - although he does have a decent point about the wagon.

SO, back to Budja.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Sidekick
Sidekick
Townie
Sidekick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Sidekick »

SpyreX wrote:
sidekick wrote:Is dat sum bandwagoning I smell?
sidekick wrote:Did I say I thought it was a scum manuever?

Don't put words into my mouth.
Now, apparently you're saying that awesome first quote was in the King's English:

Is that some bandwagoning I smell?

Versus:

Otherwise I couldn't be putting words in your mouth.

OF COURSE, that raises the question of:
Sidekick wrote:To be clear, it was intended as light hearted hence the purposely poor use of english.
If the answer to other questions raised is "its a joke" why did I get "don't put words in my mouth"

These are the mysteries that shape us.

-----
CC wrote: SpyreX, what's your case on Budja? It's serious? Because it looked like an early D1 joke. Point on Sidekick is weak but at least a point. Point against Budja seems like joke made from far-fetched thoughts. Why do you think you should be voting him, instead Sidekick? Just because Sotty told you to?
Cases at this point? Perish the thought.

I started out messing with Budja because while I wont use meta in play Budja and I have a history of me getting him lynched. :)

THEN, Sidekick did something that I wanted an answer to.

THEN, Hoopla ruined it by speaking up too soon - although he does have a decent point about the wagon.

SO, back to Budja.
You got don't put words in my mouth because you're taking it way too seriously and trying to read to much into it.
"Is dat sum bandwagoning I smell?"
Was meant as:
"Is that some bandwagoning I smell?"
I wasn't misspelling scum, I wasnt hinting at anything, I wasn't implying anything. Stop trying so hard.
All the people are so happy now their heads are caving in. I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

YESSIR I BE TRYING REAL HARD UP INS

I can see we are going to have a long and fruitful career in this game.

Hoopla read it the same way I did. You obviously read Hoopsters "trying much harder than I have thus far".

So, whats the dealio? Why am I up to no good, specifically? Why am I trying so hard?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Sidekick
Sidekick
Townie
Sidekick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Sidekick »

Dunno SpyreX, why ARE you trying so hard to see things that aren't there?
Sidekick
Sidekick
Townie
Sidekick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Sidekick »

Dunno SpyreX, why ARE you trying so hard to see things that aren't there?
Riddick
Riddick
Goon
Riddick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Riddick »

Sotty7 wrote: Yeah I find him scummy, I wasn't going to just move my vote after you pointed him out to me though. Your reaction to my pressure does feel pretty town however.
No that's fine, that wasn't my intention, I just wasn't sure what you meant by picking it up.
[spoiler]LOST[/spoiler]
Riddick
Riddick
Goon
Riddick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Riddick »

ugh fucking whitescreening atm for me.
[spoiler]LOST[/spoiler]
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Hoopla »

The town gets nowhere without people overtrying and overanalysing things early on! They're always a long-shot, but it is information to work with, and better than random voting. I'm hoping Day 1 doesn't go any longer than 200 posts - I feel that is probably optimum for a mini normal.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:43 am

Post by cruelty »

Spyrex wrote:Is that some bandwagoning I smell?

Versus:

I don't want to leap to the dude's defence but this bugs me.

I read it as "Is that some bandwagoning I smell".

It's fairly obvious that "dat" is an deliberate misspelling of "that", so I'm not sure why you'd conclude that "sum" was an accidental typo. I'm sure this is obvious to you and I hope that it's just an excuse to pressure early on in the game, but I don't think it's a reasonable line of attack.
the nexus of the crisis
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Budja »

@Fongoid, if you had a reasonable reason behind your vote, it would be worse :P.

@Fon, why did you question ice on how good bandwagon's are then join one for that reason?
---

^ I didn't read Side's misspell as "scum" either.

Calling out band-wagoning (or bringing note to it anyway) without a vote/opinion is still bad. The post felt IMO like you found Riddick scummy but didn't push it.

Now I'm torn as to whether sidekick's response's are real or stolen from Hoopla. Fun.

---
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Vote Count No. 2

cruelty (1) - Col.Cathart
Hoopla (1) - Sidekick
Budja (4) - Hoopla, IcemanE, Spyrex, Fongoid
Col.Cathart (2) - Cruelty, Sotty7
IcemanE (1) - WingsOWisdom
Riddick (1) - DisgruntledSean
Sidekick (2) - Riddick, Budja

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Please inform me if I have made an error with the votecount, this one in particular was a little fiddly.
Last edited by julienvonwolfe on Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sidekick
Sidekick
Townie
Sidekick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Sidekick »

Hoopla wrote:The town gets nowhere without people overtrying and overanalysing things early on! They're always a long-shot, but it is information to work with, and better than random voting. I'm hoping Day 1 doesn't go any longer than 200 posts - I feel that is probably optimum for a mini normal.
Yeah but in my opinion he crossed the line into "denial of the obvious."
Fongoid
Fongoid
Goon
Fongoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Fongoid »

Budja wrote:@Fon, why did you question ice on how good bandwagon's are then join one for that reason?
I wanted to know why exactly Iceman thinks bandwagons are the MOST effective way to get a game started. I'm still not convinced by their efficiency, but since it's here, I might as well use it to apply some pressure on you. I'll reiterate my question to you as well, since you seemed to have missed it:

WingsOWisdom
WingsOWisdom
Goon
WingsOWisdom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by WingsOWisdom »

Hoopla wrote:At this point in the game, there were two votes already placed - I find it highly unusual that the next four votes
all
hit different targets.
The last two votes I am most suspicious of, if only because they are newer players who might be a bit more sensitive to bandwagoning. Were they truly random? I doubt it - there are better odds of one of them hitting an already voted player if they voted randomly. This implies to me they may be wanting to avoid attention early on and follow site culture, which is generally an indication of newness or a weak scumtell.
Except... for me as an individual, the odds were actually
in favor
of me voting for someone who didn't have any votes on them. I had a 7/12 chance of hitting someone who hadn't already been voted for (6/11 if I don't include myself) which is just over half.

You are right on the newness comment, though. I played one and a half newbie games about two years ago, but that's about it, other than skimming a few threads while waiting for this game to start.

Fongold: I think Budja answered your question at the top of Post 86, one line above what you quoted, so it was actually you who missed something that was written.

Mod:
Riddick replaced Kaiveran, right? So Kaiveran shouldn't appear in the vote count. The first post also needs to be updated to reflect this.

Blah. Thanks for this. I was getting frustrated with Kaiveran... :oops: - JVW
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hoopla wrote:The town gets nowhere without people overtrying and overanalysing things early on! They're always a long-shot, but it is information to work with, and better than random voting. I'm hoping Day 1 doesn't go any longer than 200 posts - I feel that is probably optimum for a mini normal.
Ohh hoopla-chan, how I wished I had your optimism.
Sidekick wrote:Dunno SpyreX, why ARE you trying so hard to see things that aren't there?
Woosh.

Why didn't you just say it was a joke and I missed the point if that was the case versus "don't put words into my mouth"?

And, sure, I can be the only one that saw scum versus some and thats all cool and the gang. That doesn't make it any more "denial of the obvious" and that doesn't alter
that a joke that easily, easily could be not a joke
isn't going to stand on the weight of "ohh snap I was joking but didn't reference it when I was asked about it"
Show

Proud member of BaM
Riddick
Riddick
Goon
Riddick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Riddick »

Fongoid wrote:@all: Sorry about my disappearance, was my birthday yesterday, and spent the evening before out as well.
I don't think anyone minded, is there a particular reason you felt the need to apologise?

Some interesting wagons so far, and I'm really liking the activity level which is about triple my first game. I'll do my best to keep up.
Interesting how?

@ the sidekick wording: I read it as SOME/Sum too and not scum. I can see the confusion as I had to read it twice, but yeah.
hoopla wrote:I'm hoping Day 1 doesn't go any longer than 200 posts - I feel that is probably optimum for a mini normal.
BUT OMG WHAT LONG DAYS HELP THE TOWN :P . Nah, I think a lynch within the first 10-12 pages is always a good idea, any longer than that and I a) tend to find it boring and b) it's usually rehashing the same shit over and over.

Fongoid wrote:@Budja: How intimidating is being the target of an early bandwagon?
I'm curious as to what you hope to achieve by this question. Do you think it'll reveal anything about his alignment?

I don't agree with the Budja votes at this moment in time.
[spoiler]LOST[/spoiler]
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Budja »

@Fongoid, what do
you
consider the most effective method then?

Wing's is right. I did answer your question. To be more clear, I feel some pressure but not much because I see no discernible reason behind the wagon.

---
Preview edit:
Riddick wrote: I'm curious as to what you hope to achieve by this question. Do you think it'll reveal anything about his alignment?
Good point. I'd like an answer to this too.
Sidekick
Sidekick
Townie
Sidekick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Sidekick »

SpyreX wrote:
Sidekick wrote:Dunno SpyreX, why ARE you trying so hard to see things that aren't there?
Woosh.

Why didn't you just say it was a joke and I missed the point if that was the case versus "don't put words into my mouth"?

And, sure, I can be the only one that saw scum versus some and thats all cool and the gang. That doesn't make it any more "denial of the obvious" and that doesn't alter
that a joke that easily, easily could be not a joke
isn't going to stand on the weight of "ohh snap I was joking but didn't reference it when I was asked about it"
In the post I first replied to the accusation
, I said it was mean as light hearted, as in a joke. Is this the part where I say Woosh?
Sidekick wrote: To be clear, it was intended as light hearted hence the purposely poor use of english.
That said... If I really thought it was scummy, why would I be denying I don't think it's scummy now? Why would I be voting him? Why would I be arguing with you about it?

TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR:
It was a joke. I did not think he was scummy for doing it. I did not accuse him of being scum.
Sidekick
Sidekick
Townie
Sidekick
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Sidekick »

Err EBWOP grammar fail:
That said... If I really thought it was scummy, why would I be denying I don't think it's scummy now? Why would I be voting him? Why would I be arguing with you about it?
Should be:
That said... If I really thought it was scummy, why would I be denying I think it's scummy now? Why wouldn't I be voting him? Why would I be arguing with you about it?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Col.Cathart Post 74 wrote:Oh Christ... I mixed up Hoopla with you. I meant Hoopla's,
Ugh.... This is plausible but I still don't like it. I'm not sure how you could confuse Hoopla and myself.
Fongoid Post 76 wrote:As far as the current bandwagons,
I'm hardly convinced by the reasons, though players under pressure do provide info
, so I'll submit to SpyreX's bandwagon badgering...

Vote: Budja

Why would you say the bold if you wanted Budja to feel pressured and give up info? You basically told him you don't really like his wagon and if he waits long enough you'll find someone else to go after.

I agree with cruelty's post 83. sum = some, not scum.

Hoopla feels very much the Hooplatown I have experienced in the past so far, so I am liking that. Spy always tries too hard but he is
really
reaching with the sum/Scum.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Good lord I'm not even on about that anymore :headdesk:

I was asking, which at this point I don't even CARE about anymore, why I got "Don't put words into my mouth" in the same post as hoopla got "I was joking" versus going "I was joking" to both of us.

And I'm not even gonna get started on glancing at S U M and seeing S C U M as an easy mistake to make in a game of mafia.

THAT SAID

You know who I'd like to hear a lot more from:

vote: icemanE
Show

Proud member of BaM
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Just as a note, I totally fail as a mod and forgot to include a deadline with a timer as my rules specify. I have given you a two week deadline from this post onwards. This countdown timer will be in the first post and in every votecount from now on.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Dear game,

Lurking isn't awesome. Lets, ya know, not.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”