Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:23 am

Post by semioldguy »

necessarae - Likely Town
ConfidAnon - Neutral-Null
Bio Hazard - Moderately Scummy

SerRose - Likely Scum
Regfan - Slightly Scummy

My vote on Regfan is about 70% for SerRose and 30% for Regfan. His push for Dry-fit was not worse than Bio Hazard's, Bio Hazard's is strictly worse in my opinion. It just difficult to get the lingering thoughts out of my head of both their predecessors, which I know is odd because the order the players are in each player slot shouldn't affect the overall read as much as it does for me.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:30 am

Post by TDC »

I figured. Why did you ever switch to BH then? Just to "disprove" his wagon-derail-equals-scumbuddies-theory?
semioldguy in iso 9 wrote:[on nessarae]Likely a younger female. Someone who put herself into an unfavorable spot and can't live up to it. I'm thinking slightly more likely town as an "oops, I messed up and don't want to deal with my screw up" sort mindframe. Though it wouldn't be unreasonable as scum, I think if that were the case she would have stayed at least a little bit longer to attempt defending herself.
semioldguy wrote:necessarae - Likely Town
Have you had any new thoughts on nessarae in the mean time, or did I read the first quote wrong when I thought it implied only a slight town lean? Why does SerRose replacing out not trigger a similar conclusion?

Can you also refresh me on why SerRose was "likely scum"? I remember we agreed he was very likely a newbie and that he was acting rather anti-town. I've kind of lost the plot on how you've come to likely scum from there.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:48 am

Post by semioldguy »

My lean toward town progressively solidified on her as I thought more about it. The two replaced under largely different circumstances. necessarae requested her own replacement. SerRose lurked into getting replaced. Of course the differences are not limited to that, just the most obvious difference.

SerRose admitted to not being very useful or posting much yet he didn't even attempt to remedy that fact. (as well as never posting any thoughts of his own unless he was specifically asked a question about it)
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:56 am

Post by TDC »

semioldguy wrote:My lean toward town progressively solidified on her as I thought more about it.
Why and when? Presumably after you voted BH?
SerRose admitted to not being very useful or posting much yet he didn't even attempt to remedy that fact.
Fair enough.
(as well as never posting any thoughts of his own unless he was specifically asked a question about it)
Many people (newbie or not) play like that.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 am

Post by semioldguy »

TDC wrote:
semioldguy wrote:My lean toward town progressively solidified on her as I thought more about it.
Why and when? Presumably after you voted BH?
Actually well before I voted Bio Hazard, while ConfidAnon was still here and posting. I thought about it more and decided that looking at how overly-concerned she was with "starting over." That personality seems more likely to request immediate replacement as town than scum to me because such little time elapsed that drew her to the conclusion that replacing out was best. Just fits town thought to me the more I thought about it.

My unvote and revote to demonstate a point made me realize that I didn't really like my vote on Bio Hazard. So I moved it as it did not accurately reflect my suspicions.
TDC wrote:
(as well as never posting any thoughts of his own unless he was specifically asked a question about it)
Many people (newbie or not) play like that.
I did ask him to come up with something on his own, which he never got around to doing.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:47 am

Post by TDC »

And this is where I can't really follow you. If you had this nessarae-is-so-town realization before you voted BH.. why did you ever vote him?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by semioldguy »

His opportunistic play seemed more pertinent at the time.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by TDC »

What creeps me out a bit here is that it was your vote that lead to his claim and now you just stand there and say "oops, he's actually way less likely to be scum than Regfan and I thought so all along!".
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by TDC »

I mean it is either a case of negligence on your part when you placed the L-1 and demanded a claim (despite subsequent analysis showing that he wasn't actually your top suspect) or the scummy and successful attempt to obtain a claim.

The latter would imply that BH is town, that you thought you needed to pull such a stunt to get the claim (buddy already on the wagon?) and that you couldn't think of anything remotely plausible to justify switching back.. which is all a bit much to swallow for me right now.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by semioldguy »

That's understandable that you are.

That makes me feel a little bit more town about you and I am actually surprised no one else mentioned it prior to now.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Negligence mostly. The rest being poor reasoning.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by don_johnson »

what exactly was so scummy about serrose?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by semioldguy »

As just mentioned, The primary point I find scummy is that SerRose admitted to playing anti-town yet did nothing to change that.

Deadline is just under five hours from now.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by don_johnson »

vote: biohazard

more likely scum imo.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Regfan »

I'm in the middle of a lecture so I don't exactly have time to do much, but is the vote count L-1 on Bio? If so we need a claim and a last defence in the next hour.

I'll check back in a few hours if I have time because we need to make sure we get a lynch in. A no lynch is the worst thing we could possibily have in this position.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by semioldguy »

He already claimed.

As per the rules there can't be a no-lynch (unless we all vote specifically to no-lynch)
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Lowell »

Those hemming and hawing over a lynch here just need to step up and make it happen. No one looks good by claiming how conflicted they are about it.
Wdjat
Wdjat
Goon
Wdjat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Post by Wdjat »

Bio Hazard wrote:
Wdjat wrote:But we're here to talk about suspicions. Bio Hazard's case against Dry-fit is pretty lame, but I think this is more telling about Bio Hazard than it is about dry-fit. That last "agree to disagree" comment was pretty much the worst.
I'm just saying we disagree about that "tell" and a huge theory debate probably isn't going to help anyone here.
It seems to me like this was important to your read on Dry-fit. You don't want to distract us with that?
Bio Hazard wrote:
wdjat wrote:I'm not too happy with the was semioldguy is jumping to Dry-fit's defense either. Either he's falling prey to some buddying or he's doing some buddying of his own. I suspect it's the former.
Why's that?
Because I think Dry-fit is scummier than semioldguy?
Bio Hazard wrote:
wdjat wrote:Given Bio Hazard's latest posts, I'll agree to him as the best lynch right now. I want Lowell to get his opinions in thread before the hammer falls, though.
I didn't see you express much suspicion of my replacee. A couple posts is enough for a lynch for you?
I mean, your first posts were pretty freakin bad.
mecha shiva! mecha shiva!
Wdjat
Wdjat
Goon
Wdjat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by Wdjat »

don_johnson wrote:i guess what's odd to me is that wdjat is implying that dry-fit might be scum with bio,
and
that dry-fit might be scum with you(though he clearly favors scum with bio). it seems like the speculation of a player who thinks dry-fit is scum, and yet votes elsewhere(popular bandwagon). the post implies(imo) that wdjat has a stronger scum read on dry than on bio(though he obviously attempts to say different.) my contention here would be that this would be an awfully convenient distancing ploy for a dry-fit/wdjat scum team. i know i know, scum teams on day 1 is just speculation, but the behavior seems odd as well coming from a townie. if bio flips town, wdjat clears himself of responsibility for pursuing dry(arguably his stronger scum read) based on his pairing. honestly it makes me
not
want to lynch bio. i'll have to think on this a bit more...
My definition of buddying implies people of opposing alignments. That is, you get into someone's good graces to deferring to them or defending them when they don't need it to win them over to your side. So I do not think that a Dry-fit/semioldguy team is a possibility.
Wdjat
Wdjat
Goon
Wdjat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by Wdjat »

semioldguy wrote:That makes me feel a little bit more town about you and I am actually surprised no one else mentioned it prior to now.
This response kinda skeeves me out, especially in the context of the buddying comment I made earlier.
Wdjat
Wdjat
Goon
Wdjat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Wdjat »

Lowell wrote:Those hemming and hawing over a lynch here just need to step up and make it happen. No one looks good by claiming how conflicted they are about it.
This one's for you, man.
vote: Bio Hazard
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

RegFan - Dry-fit, semioldguy
Bio Hazard - Lowell, Sleepless Assassin, TDC, don_johnson, wdjat
Dry-Fit - RegFan, Bio Hazard

With a name like Bio Hazard he couldn't be friendly, so lynch!

Oops, he was a Vanilla Townie. Oh well, time for bed, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite

Night actions due in 72 hours
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Morning comes, and alas, semioldguy, Vanilla Townie is found dead in bed, apparently suffering from lead poisoning

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch, Day 2 go!

Deadline April 5th, 11:59 PM
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by Regfan »

Why hadn't the jailer jailed Semi, it was quite clear he needed the protection...

Anyway moving on. I still believe Dry-Fit is mafia and haven't seen anything to disprove my suspicions, if anything the fact he didn't vote with the Bio lynch and instead voted against me without any reasoning increases my suspicions.

Vote: Dry-Fit

Also, the tracker should claim if they got a guilty report last night. We can use the jail keeper to protect them the remaining nights leaving us having a clear alive throughout the game, and also a mafia down.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:43 am

Post by don_johnson »

Regfan wrote:Why hadn't the jailer jailed Semi, it was quite clear he needed the protection...
how was it "quite" clear?
regfan wrote:Also, the tracker should claim if they got a guilty report last night. We can use the jail keeper to protect them the remaining nights leaving us having a clear alive throughout the game, and also a mafia down.
no. tracker should not "claim" yet. tracker doesn't get innocent, guilty results. they see if someone moved at night. jailer doesn't only "protect" either. they also roleblock. you seem eager to out town's power roles. you made a similar suggestion yesterday.

dry-fit hasn't posted today, so what exactly would have "disproved" your suspicions by now?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Open Games”