McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:48 am

Post by McGriddle »

@ Leech - What is your ideal role? Would you rather be town or scum? Explain why.

@ horrordude0215 - If you were at L-1 and you were a simple townie, would you claim a PR to try to save your own ass and catch actual scum instead of you? (I can go into much more detail about this but I will leave it at this for now.)

@ Fate - Are you good at playing scum or not? Explain why.

@ The1fifi - Which is a better tell, lurking or over-defensiveness? Explain why.

@ MagnaofIllusion - How would you trap a possible scum target? (meaning you troll them or something of that sort)

@ thatguy00 - If you thought Player X was scum would you just vote them and give reasons from their previous statements, or would you ask a few questions before placing a vote? Explain why.

@ Ythan - Do you believe it is a good idea to policy lynch someone in 1 game because of something that happened in another? (lol) Explain why.

@ BrokenBlueprints - What do you think about policy lynching? Explain why.

@ Sando - What do you think about people who go V/LA a lot during a game? Are they scummy for it or not? Explain why.

@ ooba - What do you think about Lynch All Liars? Explain why.

@ Konowa - Who would you kill right now if you had the chance to kill someone? (ie day killing vigilante) Explain why.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:54 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

McGriddle wrote:@ horrordude0215 - If you were at L-1 and you were a simple townie, would you claim a PR to try to save your own ass and catch actual scum instead of you? (I can go into much more detail about this but I will leave it at this for now.)
Hell no... lynch all liars goes into place there... then the real power role would cc and town would lose it in a NK. It's a dumb situation to be in
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:14 am

Post by McGriddle »

horrordude0215 wrote:
McGriddle wrote:@ horrordude0215 - If you were at L-1 and you were a simple townie, would you claim a PR to try to save your own ass and catch actual scum instead of you? (I can go into much more detail about this but I will leave it at this for now.)
Hell no... lynch all liars goes into place there... then the real power role would cc and town would lose it in a NK. It's a dumb situation to be in
This is debatable. I don't think (on day 1) a cc would occur. I don't think a PR would want to give himself up so early in the day. The biggest possibility that could happen is the real PR could push for his lynch still and in return the real PR gets killed, then the fake-claiming townie would get killed the next day. So I couldn't see a counter clam unless the person was either really scummy or the real PR was stupid.

@ Everyone: you may answer any questions out of the list that you would like too. They are general questions, not specific to anyone in particular.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Ythan »

unvote vote The1fifi
for following my vote in an ingenuine-feeling manner.

I think everyone should answer all of horrordude's questions, including himself.
What is your ideal role? Would you rather be town or scum? Explain why.
Anything interesting because it's interesting. Town because hunting is more fun than pretending to hunt.
If you were at L-1 and you were a simple townie, would you claim a PR to try to save your own ass and catch actual scum instead of you? (I can go into much more detail about this but I will leave it at this for now.)
No. If I'm suspicious enough to get to L-1 the town doesn't need me around making things harder in endgame.
Are you good at playing scum or not? Explain why.
Yes because I'm a fucking wizard.
Which is a better tell, lurking or over-defensiveness? Explain why.
OVER-defensiveness. Lots of people lurk for lots of reasons.
How would you trap a possible scum target? (meaning you troll them or something of that sort)
Scum doesn't need trapping.
If you thought Player X was scum would you just vote them and give reasons from their previous statements, or would you ask a few questions before placing a vote? Explain why.
You ask questions about points from their previous statements as those questions come up, and if they can't satisfy your suspicion you stick to them.
Do you believe it is a good idea to policy lynch someone in 1 game because of something that happened in another? (lol) Explain why.
I've never done this and don't think it's a good policy.
What do you think about policy lynching? Explain why.
In my experience there is always a better lynch than a policy lynch. But if there isn't then I guess sure.
What do you think about people who go V/LA a lot during a game? Are they scummy for it or not? Explain why.
Going V/LA is not scummy. Lurking is. Tell the difference.
What do you think about Lynch All Liars? Explain why.
In most situations liars hurt town and will continue to read unclearly as long as they remain alive. Harmful. Lynch most liars.
Who would you kill right now if you had the chance to kill someone? (ie day killing vigilante) Explain why.
Magna for reasons.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:27 am

Post by McGriddle »

My name is McGriddle lol
Wins/Losses - 99/15

thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:29 am

Post by thatguy00 »

@ thatguy00 - If you thought Player X was scum would you just vote them and give reasons from their previous statements, or would you ask a few questions before placing a vote? Explain why.

Well, I believe I would ask a few questions, some of them pertaining to statements before, and asking about their theories from previous events. So I guess in a nut shell, I'd ask questions before voting them.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:30 am

Post by Ythan »

My mistake you two are similarly categorized in my mind.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:30 am

Post by McGriddle »

@ thatguy00 - to quote you click the "Post Reply" button, and highlight what you want quoted, then select the "quoute" button.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Nancy:
You've made your bed. Now fuck in it.

D1 Vote Count #1MagnaofIllusion (1): Konowa
Konowa (1): McGriddle
thatguy00 (2): horrordude0215, thatguy00
Ythan (1): MagnaofIllusion
Leech (1): thatguy00
horrordude0215 (1): Fate
BrokenBlueprints (1): Sando
Sando (1): The1fifi
The1fifi (1): Ythan

Not voting (2): BrokenBlueprints, ooba
green shirt thursdays
The1fifi
The1fifi
Goon
The1fifi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:29 am

Post by The1fifi »

McGriddle wrote: What is your ideal role? Would you rather be town or scum? Explain why.

I like to be Cop, and i prefer to be town. Its easier for me to be genuine.

If you were at L-1 and you were a simple townie, would you claim a PR to try to save your own ass and catch actual scum instead of you? (I can go into much more detail about this but I will leave it at this for now.)

Nope i wouldn't. Could risk a counterclaim and out a powerole.

Fate - Are you good at playing scum or not? Explain why.

Definetely not.

Which is a better tell, lurking or over-defensiveness? Explain why.

Over defensiveness. Lurking is subejective.

O

- How would you trap a possible scum target? (meaning you troll them or something of that sort)

I dont get this question, sorry, not familiar with the terms

If you thought Player X was scum would you just vote them and give reasons from their previous statements, or would you ask a few questions before placing a vote? Explain why.

Early on the game i'd vote straight away. I prefer to analyze people's reactions under pressure. At Lylo of course not.

Do you believe it is a good idea to policy lynch someone in 1 game because of something that happened in another? (lol) Explain why.

Meta? Yes.

What do you think about policy lynching? Explain why.

Sometimes useful. I am an adept of it.

What do you think about people who go V/LA a lot during a game? Are they scummy for it or not? Explain why.

Not at all. Unless they are faking, and you can confirm it

What do you think about Lynch All Liars? Explain why.

Useful. There is almost no need to lie as a town player.

Who would you kill right now if you had the chance to kill someone? (ie day killing vigilante) Explain why.

I would kill you for distracting us with this stupid questions
Matteh says :
Also, the wiki is only a REFERENCE point. Don't live by what it says
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:31 am

Post by Konowa »

I love being town for times like this.
I absolutely refuse and forbid anyone else from answering these questions.

I wish I had a daykill right now, I would have definitely used it on you McGriddle. In my experience, surveys such as this serve only to draw attention away from real discussion. Actually, they also end up giving the person writing the survey a free pass while everyone else squabbles over the answers. There is no reason to trap scum when they do obv scummy things like surveys. You know, in the future I am probably going to start policy voting players who do surveys.

unvote;

vote McGriddle
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:05 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Konowa wrote:I love being town for times like this.
I absolutely refuse and forbid anyone else from answering these questions.

I wish I had a daykill right now, I would have definitely used it on you McGriddle. In my experience, surveys such as this serve only to draw attention away from real discussion. Actually, they also end up giving the person writing the survey a free pass while everyone else squabbles over the answers. There is no reason to trap scum when they do obv scummy things like surveys. You know, in the future I am probably going to start policy voting players who do surveys.

unvote;

vote McGriddle
It's starting discussion... how do you see it as scummy? And we're not giving McG a free pass just because he made up the questions... Ythan even asked him to answer them himselves.
McGriddle wrote:@ Leech - What is your ideal role? Would you rather be town or scum? Explain why.
I would love to be a town PR because I get to scumhunt and still play a major part in the game

@ horrordude0215 - If you were at L-1 and you were a simple townie, would you claim a PR to try to save your own ass and catch actual scum instead of you? (I can go into much more detail about this but I will leave it at this for now.)
Already answered

@ Fate - Are you good at playing scum or not? Explain why. [/b]I'm okay at it... haven't had much experience with it.[/b]

@ The1fifi - Which is a better tell, lurking or over-defensiveness? Explain why.
Over-defensiveness. Lurking is NOT a scumtell!

@ MagnaofIllusion - How would you trap a possible scum target? (meaning you troll them or something of that sort)
I agree with Ythan here... scum don't need trapping

It depends on how early in the game we are. Earlier in the game, yes. Later, no.

@ Ythan - Do you believe it is a good idea to policy lynch someone in 1 game because of something that happened in another? (lol) Explain why.
A PL, no... using meta as a scumtell, yes.

@ BrokenBlueprints - What do you think about policy lynching? Explain why.
Mostly against it, but I'm always willing to make exceptions

@ Sando - What do you think about people who go V/LA a lot during a game? Are they scummy for it or not? Explain why.
No... people have reasons for V/LA. Not a scumtell

@ ooba - What do you think about Lynch All Liars? Explain why.
I support this one... town shouldn't have a reason to lie.

@ Konowa - Who would you kill right now if you had the chance to kill someone? (ie day killing vigilante) Explain why.
No one really... I wouldn't make my kill until I was sure of scum.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Konowa »

Discussion is good, yes. I will not argue that point. Pointless discussion is scummy. This survey biz falls under the later, rather than the former. What people fail to realize is that scum love this as it allows them to be involved in "discussion".

Also, why are you distancing yourself from McGriddle answering his own questions?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Ythan »

I have never seen the questions of a survey themselves contribute to anything worthwhile.
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:22 am

Post by thatguy00 »

Konowa wrote:Discussion is good, yes. I will not argue that point. Pointless discussion is scummy. This survey biz falls under the later, rather than the former. What people fail to realize is that scum love this as it allows them to be involved in "discussion".

Also, why are you distancing yourself from McGriddle answering his own questions?
I guess I didn't think about it that way,

This is a good point, the only discussion it's really bringing up isn't helpful at all. I'm not sure if it's a scumtell, but it's not good.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Ythan »

I think I've seen him do it before as town. I'll get back to you on that.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Ythan »

He did not do it as scum in Kinmaker but he did do it as scum in Newbie 894. These are the questions he asked. Bold one's match questions here.

If you could have someone killed right now who would it be?

If you were a cop who would you investigate?
If you were being forced to claim, would you lie if you were a townie to say you are a PR to try not to get lynched?

Who is you top suspect thus far?
What do you think about RV's?
What do you think of Ythans over-enthusiasm?
Who are your top 3 probable townies?
Could you explain some good information about scum-hunting to the newer players? Also, Could you tell me who your top suspect is thus far?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Ythan »

Bold ones*
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:39 am

Post by McGriddle »

sheesh, I am just trying to get conversation going. There is nothing about that that is distracting. It is all about what kind of players people are so in the future of the game we know their style of play. Also there is nothing going on in the game.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Ythan »

The argument is that you're involving yourself in the conversation without contributing, or active lurking.
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:41 am

Post by thatguy00 »

Ythan, it seems he also got lynched on day one of the game he did it as scum. I guess I don't need to tell you that, since you were there. But I found that somewhat interesting.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Ythan »

How is that interesting?

unvote vote thatguy00
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:46 am

Post by thatguy00 »

Interesting in the way that it was coincidental... Konowa wants to lynch him day one for posting that survey. I'm assuming that was a major topic on newbie 894.

I'm not voting for him for that. You're awfully quick to point that finger at me.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Ythan »

It was not a major topic. He was lynched for other reasons. And I'm not pointing a finger at you, I am voting.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”