thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 am

Post by thatguy00 »

Ok, my bad. You're quick to vote for me.

Just like Ooba, Magna twice, Mcgriddle, Sandro and 1ifiri. Granted, I'm confident two of those are RV, but you're hopping around a good amount.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Ythan »

If you think that it's suspect then man up and say so.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Sando »

McGriddle wrote:@ Leech - What is your ideal role? Would you rather be town or scum? Explain why.
I prefer town, and my ideal role is something like Vig. Easily the most fun role I had was CPR doc which I treated as a Vig.

@ horrordude0215 - If you were at L-1 and you were a simple townie, would you claim a PR to try to save your own ass and catch actual scum instead of you? (I can go into much more detail about this but I will leave it at this for now.)
No, you're only going to get a counter-claim out of town, better to cop the lynch on the chin and hope flipping town gives information. Mislynches are a part of the game and give info.

@ The1fifi - Which is a better tell, lurking or over-defensiveness? Explain why.
Of those, over-defensiveness, I tend to think lurking needs to be 'active lurking' to be a proper tell.

@ thatguy00 - If you thought Player X was scum would you just vote them and give reasons from their previous statements, or would you ask a few questions before placing a vote? Explain why.
Depends on what I wanted to achieve and how scummy I thought they were, if I were sure of scum, I'd vote them. If not, I'd question and try to catch them out. Also depends on whether I felt the need to pressure them.

@ Ythan - Do you believe it is a good idea to policy lynch someone in 1 game because of something that happened in another? (lol) Explain why.
Not really, if you know them from one game, you're in a decent position to tell if a bad player is scum or not.

@ Sando - What do you think about people who go V/LA a lot during a game? Are they scummy for it or not? Explain why.
V/LA a lot isn't particularly scummy I feel, unless it's constantly during critical periods or during pressure periods. I think active lurking is a huge scumtell, which is similar to V/LA but requires a certain type of posting.

Who would you kill right now if you had the chance to kill someone? (ie day killing vigilante) Explain why.
A lurker, hard to get reads on, don't contribute to town, and hard to lynch. I'm a strong believer in vig'ing lurkers over most other things, especially early in the game.

I can't answer 1 of them as I've never played scum by myself in a completed game and won't comment on whether I'm scum in ongoing.

Accusing someone of active lurking 4 pages in seems pretty odd from Ythan.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:26 am

Post by McGriddle »

Vote: Ythan
for being mean to everyone ever, and accusing my questions of being scummy. They are general questions, not really that special.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Ythan »

I didn't accuse your questions of being scummy.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:29 am

Post by McGriddle »

Whoops meant konowa
Unvote, Vote: Konowa
Wins/Losses - 99/15

McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:30 am

Post by McGriddle »

EBWODP: and he also looks like he is jumping at a quick wagon after what f1fi said. BTW f1fi don't hold a grudge on me for that other game I am not allowed to speak about lol.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Ythan »

EBWOPs tend to be double posts, so I think ebwoDp is redundant. Also try to keep straight who you vote.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:38 am

Post by McGriddle »

Oh please, like you're perfect T.T You called me thatguy, why don't you keep THAT straight?
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Leech »

What is your ideal role? Would you rather be town or scum? Explain why.
I prefer playing scum. If you read over the games in my Wiki, I'm normally perceived as being town, even when I am actually scum. I feel it takes more skill to blend in and redirect suspicion than it does to scumhunt.
If you were at L-1 and you were a simple townie, would you claim a PR to try to save your own ass and catch actual scum instead of you? (I can go into much more detail about this but I will leave it at this for now.)
No. This could easily result in an actual power role outing themselves to justify your hammer. If someone did that as town, then they definitely fit the bill of Village Idiot.
Are you good at playing scum or not? Explain why.
Yes, I play the same way every game town or scum. So, considering the general feeling in my games is that I'm town, I enjoy deceiving.
Which is a better tell, lurking or over-defensiveness? Explain why.
Lurking is a null tell, and over-defensiveness doesn't exist. Different people react in different ways, just because they're passionate about defending themselves doesn't mean it's a scummy response. Over-defensiveness that is out of character for that player a tell, but over-defensiveness in general is not.
How would you trap a possible scum target? (meaning you troll them or something of that sort)
I don't? I let the scum dig their own holes.
If you thought Player X was scum would you just vote them and give reasons from their previous statements, or would you ask a few questions before placing a vote? Explain why.
If I thought the player was scum, I'd vote. If I thought they were scummy, I'd dig a little deeper.
Do you believe it is a good idea to policy lynch someone in 1 game because of something that happened in another? (lol) Explain why.
Only if their actions in that one game outed them as scum.
What do you think about policy lynching? Explain why.
Depends on the policy. I do lynch all liars, millers, and jesters.
What do you think about people who go V/LA a lot during a game? Are they scummy for it or not? Explain why.
People have lives and they get busy. It's null.
What do you think about Lynch All Liars? Explain why.
If someone's in the habit of lying, it's best to lynch them. Not only are they a distraction to the town, but you actually find out the truth. You learn from confirmed truths moreso than confirmed lies.
Who would you kill right now if you had the chance to kill someone? (ie day killing vigilante) Explain why.
No one.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Ythan »

I think I'm going to settle on

vote MagnaofIllusion

for now since he is obvscum.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Ythan »

Leech wrote:Yes, I play the same way every game town or scum. So, considering the general feeling in my games is that I'm town, I enjoy deceiving.
I guess we should lynch you if we have no way of telling if you're scum.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Conrad
: "Yo what's up... Man you comin' in real time or you comin' in black people time?.... Alright, we be here."
Nancy
: "Black people time?"
Conrad
: "Some of us like watermelons, some of us got big dicks, most of us have trouble getten' places on time."

D1 Vote Count #2thatguy00 (2): horrordude0215, Leech
Ythan (1): MagnaofIllusion,
Leech (1): thatguy00
horrordude0215 (1): Fate
BrokenBlueprints (1): Sando
Sando (1): The1fifi
McGriddle (1): Konowa
Konowa (1): McGriddle
MagnaofIllusion (1): Ythan

Not voting (2): BrokenBlueprints, ooba
Last edited by xRECKONERx on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
green shirt thursdays
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by Fate »

Nah don't settle for Magna, Thatguy was definitely the way to go.

Unvote:

Vote: Thatguy

McGriddle's questions are pointless and are as null as the answers to said questions.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:46 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Some of these questions can be informatative IMO so I'll answer them for that reasons.
McGriddle wrote:What is your ideal role? Would you rather be town or scum? Explain why.
Ideal role? All roles in a Mafia game offer a different experience and require different approaches to play effectively. I'd say that the role I like best is the Serial Killer. It requires the most skill to play effectively and win and thus provides the most satisfaction in playing a good game.
If you were at L-1 and you were a simple townie, would you claim a PR to try to save your own ass and catch actual scum instead of you?
I don't think it's ever a good move for a Vanilla townie to claim a Power role. Saving your own ass isn't usually in the Town's best interests. If you can't present a convincing case to not be lynched your death might provide voting patterns and other information for the town. A Vanilla townie wins regardless of whether he is lynched as long as the town does.
Are you good at playing scum or not? Explain why.
I think I'm a good player for any role I have. Here I have no track record to judge by, but on other sites where I play I've had success playing as Town, Mafia or Serial Killer type roles.
Which is a better tell, lurking or over-defensiveness? Explain why.
Over-defensiveness is a possible tell. Lurking isn't so much a tell as a willingness to not contribute.
How would you trap a possible scum target? (meaning you troll them or something of that sort)
I play an analytical game, so I'll analyze what people so and how they vote to make my assessments. If this is 'trapping' that's how.
If you thought Player X was scum would you just vote them and give reasons from their previous statements, or would you ask a few questions before placing a vote? Explain why.
This question seems backwards in that you should be asking questions and building a case to determine who is scummy and who is not. The vote is logically the final step in that process.
Do you believe it is a good idea to policy lynch someone in 1 game because of something that happened in another?
Other than grinding a personal axe you have with Yhtan this question seems too vague. Are you asking whether a players action in one game should impact another? If so it certainly is possible. If a player has acted in a certain Meta while a Mafian and acts that way in another game then it would be certainly worth pursuing. This hardly qualifies as a policy lynch.
What do you think about policy lynching? Explain why.
Policy lynching (lynching liars, lurkers, etc) only serves a purpose if no other realistic lynch is present, which is a rarity.
What do you think about people who go V/LA a lot during a game? Are they scummy for it or not? Explain why.
V/LAs are not inherently scummy at all. People have lives and responsabilities outside these games.
What do you think about Lynch All Liars? Explain why.
Lying generally does not benefit the town. No Vanilla townie has any reason to lie. A Power Role might have some reason to lie to prevent being outed and killed. Mafia has every reason to lie. If you have a lie that is provable then that should be a factor in deciding whether someone is scummy. Just lynching solely based on a lie without considering the rest of the players gameplay is short-sighted.
If I had a Vig daytime kill I would not be using it so early Day 1. That's reactionary and conterproductive.

@ McGriddle - Please answer this rundown yourself.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:42 am

Ythan wrote:I think we have more in common than Baccano.
Any reason you want to buddy up to Fate here?
Ythan wrote: Or get modkilled. That also solves the problem
So the obvious solution is to get modkilled somehow instead of calling you on your short, reactionary posts and general lack of content (aside from Post 54)? I think I'll see where option two leads, thank you.

Do you believe that bouncing around your vote with at best superficial reasoning is anything other than Anti-town / scummuy?

@McGriddle – For someone who made a point to chastise Ythan about mixing yourself and another player up you certainly are defensive when called on the same behavior. Are you normally this jumpy about minor things?

@thatguy – So far you’ve made two OMGUS style vote (in RVS, granted) and not much else. Why didn’t you vote for Ythan when you pointed out his super-ball style vote bouncing?

@Sando and The1fifi – What are your thoughts on McGriddle’s list. Do you intend to answer the questions?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Ythan »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Ythan wrote:I think we have more in common than Baccano.
Any reason you want to buddy up to Fate here?
Any reason you're trying to paint it that way? Question, is this your first account on the site? If not then tell me your old one.
So the obvious solution is to get modkilled somehow instead of calling you on your short, reactionary posts and general lack of content (aside from Post 54)? I think I'll see where option two leads, thank you.
Please learn to read for content.
Do you believe that bouncing around your vote with at best superficial reasoning is anything other than Anti-town / scummuy?
Do you have any idea what RVS is? There's a wiki for things like this, it's linked at the top of each page.
@thatguy – So far you’ve made two OMGUS style vote (in RVS, granted) and not much else. Why didn’t you vote for Ythan when you pointed out his super-ball style vote bouncing?
Earnestly trying to drum up a wagon, noted.

If Magna is as new as his title indicates he may just be really obvious scum.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Ythan »

title
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Ythan »

title
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:32 am

Ythan wrote:Any reason you're trying to paint it that way? Question, is this your first account on the site? If not then tell me your old one.
Isn't Mafia a game about exchanging opinions? It reads to me as buddying. You for obvious reasons disagree.

This is my first and only account on this site.
Ythan wrote:Please learn to read for content.
A short, content free insult as a response. Duly noted.
Ythan wrote:Earnestly trying to drum up a wagon, noted.
I suppose asking a player to defend their actions and positions is trying to drum up a wagon. Glad you noted it as that's the basis of the game we are playing.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Ythan »

Trying to drum up a wagon on smoke and mirrors. Scummy. So you have a vote. Also you're pretty clearly scum.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:16 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Konowa wrote:Also, why are you distancing yourself from McGriddle answering his own questions?
I wasn't distancing... it was Ythan who asked McGriddle to do it, not me.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
That was his response to a game that I played with him... I had some personal issues going on at the time, said some not so nice things, and was almost modkilled for it.
MoI wrote:Do you believe that bouncing around your vote with at best superficial reasoning is anything other than Anti-town / scummuy?
This is another thing that happens with him a lot... he constantly changes votes and when he does he just says "Found Scum" without giving much reason... everyone will have a vote on them because of Ythan at one point in time.
Ythan wrote:Trying to drum up a wagon on smoke and mirrors. Scummy. So you have a vote. Also you're pretty clearly scum.
I mentioned the same thing... why didn't you accuse me of drumming up a wagon?
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Ythan »

You mentioned the same thing but you aren't trying to really take it somewhere.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Konowa »

@McGriddle: Have asking these questions helped you scum-hunt? Or are you just going to sit on cruise-control and say "conversation starter"?
McGriddle, post 78 wrote:
Vote: Ythan
for being mean to everyone ever, and accusing my questions of being scummy. They are general questions, not really that special.
McGriddle, post 80 wrote:Whoops meant konowa
Unvote, Vote: Konowa
McGriddle, post 81 wrote:EBWODP: and he also looks like he is jumping at a quick wagon after what f1fi said. BTW f1fi don't hold a grudge on me for that other game I am not allowed to speak about lol.
You [McGriddle] cross-referencing Ythan and I here makes it hard to understand what you are saying. Explain what you mean by the second post, and who it is supposed to be addressing.

@horror: I do see it as distancing. You say that "we're not giving McGriddle a free pass", but you yourself are doing nothing to get him to answer his own questions. Instead, you bring up the fact that Ythan asked him to answer them.

I want more out of the people who have only answered the survey questions and nothing else [1fifi, Sando, Leech].
Also, I am watching something and see how it develops. I will let you know in a few pages how it turns out.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:26 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Konowa wrote:@horror: I do see it as distancing. You say that "we're not giving McGriddle a free pass", but you yourself are doing nothing to get him to answer his own questions. Instead, you bring up the fact that Ythan asked him to answer them.
Well if I'm distancing, I'm not doing it intentionally... I just don't want to parrot the same questions others are asking
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”