Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Ythan »

Prolific vote hopping when? If you don't want to look it up yourself, answer is RVS.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:57 am

Post by ooba »

Pre-Lynch

459 is probably the most scummiest post pre-lynch - distancing from vote and
danakillsu wrote:However, I do find McGriddle lurky and I believe his lynch will be beneficial to town for the info.
I believe this is a contradiction? If you find him lurky and not posting much, how is that beneficial for the town?

If I have to blame anyone for the McG vs me situation that cropped up close to the lynch, it would have to be McG himself.
I do not find Sando's Post 440 scummy - I did have two votes at the time and he was at least consistent in following up from his stance earlier in the day.
Leech voting Konowa who was not a mainstream candidate was suspicious. (But to be fair to him, it was two days before deadline and he did not make any posts from them to the deadline on the site)

Day 2

Post 489: Sando continues from where he left out on Day 1
- Neighbour speculation does not help the town
- Some amount of reading would show that horror did not slip up in timestamps. Love how he avoids replying to Ythan's comment about this in 492 and 494.

Post 502: @danakillsu
"Konowa for making a very odd slip-up (and being rather adamant about it)"
Which slip are you talking about?

Post 503\505\507: @danakillsu
If you think Sando is scum, who is scum with him?
Ditto for Konowa

Post 522: @Sando: Surprisingly a very good post

Post 523: @fitz: The fact that this is a repetition of your post 337 (minus fate) means that atleast you're consistent. But you need to post a lot more !

Vote: danakillsu

@Mod: I don't think Leech is aware the game started again. He is active on the site.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:31 am

Post by Konowa »

@Sando: Yes, you were following up your stance from earlier in the day, however from my perspective an ooba lynch was not likely to happen at the time. It really just looks like a toss away vote. Now combine that vote with your 522, where you say that "Just because I went the other way..." makes me think you were just trying to stay off a townie lynch.

I like my vote.

@ooba: Leech.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Ythan »

Because of connections between the two or because they're your top two suspects? Leech is innocent btw.
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Leech »

Ooba wrote:@Mod: I don't think Leech is aware the game started again. He is active on the site.
I knew it was active. Every time I tried to read through the thread, it kept timing out. It is still doing this, to some extent. I'll try to get a better post out, if the site will let me.

@Dana: Why did you go from finding Sando and Konowa the most suspicious two blindly agreeing with Konowa two posts later? You said you don't like what Konowa did today, care to elaborate on that? What actions are you referring to?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Ythan wrote:Prolific vote hopping when? If you don't want to look it up yourself, answer is RVS.
If this question is directed to me, I was inferring vote hopping from the fact you had placed you vote at one time or another on 8 of the 11 non-Ythan players in the game. Seems a mite hoppy to me.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by thatguy00 »

vote: ooba

I'm just gonna put that back there for right now/
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Post by Konowa »

@Ythan: Well, at the time the answer was both. I want to re-read now and get my head wrapped around a few things.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:16 am

Post by ooba »

Konowa wrote:@ooba: Leech.
Don't understand this ..
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Andy
: "If you don't cum, the terrorists win!"
Audra
: "We can't have that."

D2 Vote Count #1Konowa (1): horrordude0215
Sando (2): Konowa, danakillsu
danakillsu (3): Ythan, Sando, ooba
ooba (1): thatguy00

Not voting (3): Leech, havingfitz, MagnaofIllusion

With ten alive, it takes six votes to lynch.
green shirt thursdays
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Ythan »

havingfitz wrote:
Ythan wrote:Prolific vote hopping when? If you don't want to look it up yourself, answer is RVS.
If this question is directed to me, I was inferring vote hopping from the fact you had placed you vote at one time or another on 8 of the 11 non-Ythan players in the game. Seems a mite hoppy to me.
Decide how it's relevant if you're going to keep that line of investigation up.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Konowa »

@ooba: Uh, what do you not understand about it? You asked me if I thought Sando was scum, who was scum with him. I responded with Leech.

Before I even start reading, I know that thatguy, fitz, and Magna all need to start talking more.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:49 am

Post by ooba »

Post 503\505\507: @danakillsu
If you think Sando is scum, who is scum with him?
Ditto for Konowa
No i was actually asking danakillsu those questions -
"If you think Sando is scum, who is scum with him?"
"If you think Konowa is scum, who is scum with him?"
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Konowa »

See, I read that wrong. Since you followed the question with "Ditto for Konowa", it read as if you were asking me that question too.

Anyways, reasoning will have to come later since the wifey and I are heading into DC for the night.
However, I think Sando and horror are scum.
Add dana to the list of people that need to start talking more, too.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by Sando »

Konowa wrote:@Sando: Yes, you were following up your stance from earlier in the day, however from my perspective an ooba lynch was not likely to happen at the time. It really just looks like a toss away vote. Now combine that vote with your 522, where you say that "Just because I went the other way..." makes me think you were just trying to stay off a townie lynch.

I like my vote.
Ok... you're blatantly taking advantage of the fact that my only defence here is pretty much WIFOM. How much you want to bet that when I point out that I could have easily claimed 'deadline' as a motivator for getting an easy town lynch if I were scum, you'll simply reply with WIFOM.

Dana's gone strangely quiet though...
Leech
Leech
Goon
Leech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:15 am

Post by Leech »

Konowa wrote:However, I think Sando and horror are scum.
So, what changed since your last post where you claimed that you thought that I was a scum partner?
Konowa wrote:@ooba: Uh, what do you not understand about it? You asked me if I thought Sando was scum, who was scum with him. I responded with Leech.
You have yet to post a single solid reasoning for that suspicion. However, the second Ythan says "Leech is innocent" you all of a sudden change your tune without any apparent reasoning for it. You just simply move on to the next person not really explaining why. I know you said that you wouldn't have time to post reasoning until later, but why didn't you post it in the initial post in the first place?

@Ythan: You were pretty adamant about Magna being scum, did that change? You went from really applying pressure to not even mentioning it, awfully fast.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Ythan »

He's not posting. I still think he's more than 50% scum.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Ythan »

havingfitz wrote:
Ythan wrote:
havingfitz wrote:He has been very abrasive this game which I do not recall from our last game.
And what game was that, fitz?
Newbie 894.
Ythan wrote:Really, you don't think I acted like this there?
I wanted a response to this.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Ythan »

havingfitz wrote:
Konowa wrote:Why is fitz not voting?
Since that question is not directed at me I will ignore it.
This was right before the deadline when we were having trouble consolidating a lynch.
Fate wrote:Fitz why are you not voting?
Followed by this which he didn't answer.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Ythan »

havingfitz wrote:I need to ISO and look over the cases on Sando and thatguy (based on D1 VC). They both received a lot of attention day one so I want better sight of what brought them that attention. With thatguy it's pretty clear, but I don't recall from my read what has Sando in people's crosshairs. Ythan's prolific vote hopping (has voted 8 of 11 so far) has me intrigued as well.
Please do get around to your analyses. Even if you have to ride waves of popular opinion to get to them it's still better than the lack of anything we get from you otherwise.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Ythan »

unvote
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:37 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Konowa – Please explain how your vote for Horrordude at 471 is anything but OMGUS? You expressed opinions on his play Day 1 but didn’t bring up a single element in your vote and later muddied the waters with the whole Timestamp gate.
Horror wrote: I'm probably gonna be busy today, but I should be able to reread the thread and get some thoughts posted by tomorrow.
Why did you vote for Konowa without reviewing the thread? Your opinion wasn't very strong Day 1.

Also, please provide the thoughts from the re-read you promised here.
Sando wrote: After a neighbour has turned up, I initially thought we should get the other(s) to claim.
They often contain a mafia in them, and the townie ones are often killed early to stop them from questioning them too much and the scum-side accidently slipping up.
On the other hand, scum are unlikely to reveal their neighbourness, and it probably won't help us for a while, and could create some huge WIFOM situations.
Emphasis mine … how does the construction of other games influence the possibility that the Neighbors are Mafia here? And why did you so easily relent on your call to have a Neighbor claim? If there are more than 1 left and you truly believe that a Scum should be found in that group you shouldn’t have folded so quickly to Ythan’s light pressure.

First since you never answered the question posed – What Pro-Town motive would there be for a single remaining Neighbor to claim. And why did you so easily relent on your call to have a Neighbor claim? There is a possibility that more than 1 left. Even if not you truly believe that a Scum should be found in that group you shouldn’t have folded so quickly to Ythan’s light pressure.

I put this to everyone other than Ythan, dana, and ooba who have already shared their opinion. Should any remaining neighbors claim? Or should they not?

I’d like more than 2 and less than 24 players opinions on this.
Kowona wrote: So reading the end of D1 again I found what was bothering me.
Care to provide some insight for the rest of us? Also why are questioning dana for motive when you provided none yourself?
Dana wrote: Yes. I think just hopping around on bandwagons with no reasoning is scummy. So if I'm not doing that, I'm not acting scummy. So, yes, I believe that is how I meant to phrase that. Why?
At 505 the sole reason you state voting for Sando is his neighbor claim discussion, and it comes quickly on the heels of Kowona’s vote. You do provide some other reasons (with no support for your assertions) at 515 when questioned. How is the way that you voted not simply jumping on a bandwagon?
Dana wrote: Scum acts a certain way. That's why we are able to vote with any amount of confidence. You can't say that I'm not able to defend myself because any defense is WIFOM. Nobody can actually play this game that way. If I'm scum, I will act a certain way most of the time.
Please provide Mafia games that show how you act as scum if your defense it to be believed to be not WIFOM.
Ythan wrote: Because of connections between the two or because they're your top two suspects? Leech is innocent btw.
Care to provide some substance as to why your opinion changed so radically on him? He was one of your clear Scum calls on Day 1. Is Fate’s flip as town the sole reason he suddenly went from one of your top scum picks to clearly Innocent?
thatguy wrote: vote: ooba

I'm just gonna put that back there for right now/
Day 2 is here. This is the Day where the game is much easier for you, as stated in ISO 12. Where is your well reasoned thinking behind this vote?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Ythan »

There have been two flips since I last said something against Leech actually.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:00 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ythan wrote:There have been two flips since I last said something against Leech actually.
1. Yes, but one of your biggest concerns with Leech was his interaction with Fate. Thus my question.
2. Care to actually answer the question?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Ythan »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Care to actually answer the question?
Ironic question for you to ask.

I reviewed Leech's iso and after the dust has settled I find him to be town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”