mini 943- Greek Mythology! (And the winner is... ?)

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Andrius »

V/LA until late Saturday.

I'm hosting this big party/dance tonight through tomorrow morning, so I should be back, at the latest, tomorrow evening.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

@Almaster: I would really like your opnion on more players so I can decide if your over focus on VV should get you a + or a big - for waggonhopping...

@Andrius: I also played a third game, but replaced out. Mafia 112, I think. I also dice voted there. Furthermore I am confirmed towny in my Newbie game. Would you mid commend on non RVS stuff now?
And judging me only based on the quantity of my posts is kinda lame. What about the quality/content? Any specific questions, maybe?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:56 am

Post by VasudeVa »

-start rant-
My god, I fucking hate this inactivity. This is exactly why I had a lot of useless shitty posts(even though I DESPISE useless shitty posts) because I wanted to encourage discussion...because no one was posting anything useful for long long long periods of time. And now I'm being painted as scum because of it. Fuck that shit. Game started three weeks ago and we are only 14 pages in. And 40 percent of the posts that make up those 14 pages come from like, three people. Everyone else is lurking and there are so few interactions between players. I can't do shit with so little content coming from a great majority of the players. I'm almost happy I'm top wagon. Post you lurking #@$@#. And more importantly, interact with each other you pricks. I can't read your alignment if you keep infodumping whilst ignoring each other. Yes, I am being a whiny SOB, sue me.

-end rant-

Ahh, that feels better. Might replace out if I survive this day, hope you understand thx. Now then back to playing my wincon.

SD or Andrius is scum, lynch them plx. Could also support an Almaster lynch. I'll be happy with any of the above, but happiest with SD lynch.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

One thing is true. We're close to deadline and, though I'm happy with the current lynch, it would be better if there was more consensus.

Quickly, to all of you: Between VV, SD and Andrius, which one do you prefer to lynch?

I, myself, find VV (duh) the best choice. Though, I'll want Andrius to answer for some things tomorrow.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:20 am

Post by ooba »

Snow_Bunny wrote:One thing is true. We're close to deadline and, though I'm happy with the current lynch, it would be better if there was more consensus.

Quickly, to all of you: Between VV, SD and Andrius, which one do you prefer to lynch?

I, myself, find VV (duh) the best choice. Though, I'll want Andrius to answer for some things tomorrow.
Any reason you left out AlmasterGM (SV's replacement) ? Currently has three votes ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:29 am

Post by ooba »

Lord Chronos wrote:@ooba,

Why is VV town? Why does Ice/Joh being suspicious of each other mean that they are both scum?
I usually cannot explain town reads - its gut. Mutual suspicion does not imply scum - but an entire day of "I find this guy scummy, but I wont really push for a lynch" is suspicious.

Anyway I'm up for an AlmasterGM lynch.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Jack »

Snow_Bunny wrote:One thing is true. We're close to deadline and, though I'm happy with the current lynch, it would be better if there was more consensus.

What the heck is this list?

VV has 5 votes right?
Almaster has 3 (4 since VV will be willing to switch I assume)
SD has 2
Andrius has one.

The real choice is between Almaster and VV. Almaster is the better choice by far.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:48 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I'm fine with Almaster. Tunneling for survival instinct is good enough for a lynch. Though I still find SD scummier.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:53 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Oh right.

Vote: Almaster
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Oh, well, I took into account the last votecount, the comments on SD, and Andrius' scumminess. My bad, you can as well introduce Almaster to that list.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Iecerint »

Unvote; Vote Almaster

... <_<
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:49 am

Post by DeathNote »

Vote Count

Shadow Dancer- Andrius (L-6)
VasudeVa- Snow_Bunny, Shadow Dancer, AlmasterGM, LordChronos (L-3)
AlmasterGM- Jack, VasudeVa, Iecerint (L-4)
Johoohno- ooba (L-6)
ooba- Johoohno, Flava Flav (L-5)
Andrius- Plum (L-6)

Not Voting:

With 12 alive, its 7 to lynch.

Sending Prods today.

Deadline is April 12 at 10:00 P.M.
Last edited by DeathNote on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:55 am

Post by ooba »

^
VV is voting AlmasterGM too (or i guess you'll have to unvote and vote again)

VasudeVa- Snow_Bunny, Shadow Dancer, AlmasterGM, LordChronos (L-3)
AlmasterGM- Iecerint, ooba, Jack, VasudeVa (L-3)

So we need
Andrius, Plum, Flava Flav, Johoohno
to vote

~Yes, that is what I have there~
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Iecerint »

ooba, your mistake is that you're currently voting Joh. Fix it if you like.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Jack »

Unvoting isn't required, VV is listed as voting Almaster, you (ooba )aren't listed as voting almaster because you are voting johoono, and plum is listed as voting twice.

Yikes :o
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:04 am

Post by ooba »

Ah. My mistake

Unvote. Vote: AlmasterGM
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Johoohno »

Flava Flave, post 325, wrote:Joh, ooba replaced Mindgamer. Look at my posts in the very beginning of the game for why I voted Mindgamer earlier. (least I think I voted. If not, I know I had suspicion there)
Am I to understand that your vote from post 23 which you explained later in your next post (post 119) is the reason for your vote on Ooba now? This is ridiculous, you vote a replacement for his predecessors opinions, something you reacted upon on page 1. Spit up a better reason Flava, if there is one.
Ooba, post 326, wrote:Quick question - You seem to have a much stronger case on Plum - why me over Plum?
Johoohno, post 281, wrote:Plum is obviously still a valid candidate but if I'm the only one seeing that and/or voting her it won't be enough come lynch or deadline.
But you’ve actually outgrown her in scumminess since then. And below you’ll find why:
ooba wrote:
me wrote:Post 147 - Johoonhno - Not much content - "Trying to appear active" post.
But you also ignored this
me wrote:Post 26 - Johoohno - Odd. Why the need to single out Iecerint when some other players hadn't posted at all?
And this is what I wrote in post 26: “I'm a fan of being eager, however, I expect a new post from Iecerint very soon to help us read his role and not only his mood.” Perhaps you have noticed while reading through this game that I am no fan of posting before knowing your role, hence post 26. And as the game had just started prodding for others who weren’t there yet seemed pretty pointless.
ooba wrote:
Joh in 169 about Jack wrote:I don’t know about the rest of you, but trying to find ties between scum partners in day one is hard and close to impossible unless anyone of the scums screw up.
Joh in 281 wrote:"Note how Plum is painted townie only for the reason of voting SV (this is really weak, though perhaps it’s I who is biased here since I see her as likely scum)
Nice contradiction btw
Nice way to play this up, since it is in my quote that I don’t find it a big thing. Nevertheless I brought it up since Plum had come up very scummy in my eyes, and defending someone that scummy was scummy in itself.
ooba wrote: My top candidate:
Joh
- Posts a lot of opinions, ask questions - but in general hasn't taken a stance
*No votes on D1 except RVS and mine
* "If those called upon above for further participation respond to that request I will present my top three list on my suspiociometer shortly." - Now who is trying to limit information on D1 for the town?
- When he finally has to make a choice of which player to lynch, chooses one on which he has the weakest case
1) Is asking questions and saying your opinion bad scum hunting methods in your eyes? Because I find it my surest way of getting info and a general feel of the other players and, in the end, finding scum. Are you saying that you don’t know who I find suspicious? Did you read post 281 for instance?
2) People vote differently, I for one, aren’t vote hopping that much, whereas others might switch vote the moment anyone new does something remotely scummy. And I hope you have realized while reading the game that the first vote has become more and more firm due to my read of Plum’s actions all through the game?
3) In what way am I limiting information when I ask those who haven’t posted much to step in and give their view of things?

This “case” of yours isn’t solid at all, you’re trying hard to make me scummy but with the evidence you’ve brought forth I’m not sure if you’re even convinced yourself.
Jack wrote:

What the heck is this list?

VV has 5 votes right?
Almaster has 3 (4 since VV will be willing to switch I assume)
SD has 2
Andrius has one.

The real choice is between Almaster and VV. Almaster is the better choice by far.
Any reason for leaving out the two votes on Ooba? And who were the ones you, at that time, had listed for Almaster? Other than that I prefer Almaster over Vas.

unvote

Vote: AlmasterGM
Though should there be a rush to vote for ooba I’ll switch to him, that is my preferred lynch today!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Jack »

I was starting from SB's list and showing Almasters place on it. If I'd been making my own list of the top candidates I wouldn't have included someone with 2 votes.

I messed up the votes on Almaster though, because a couple people who had been voting him switched (they were still willing to lynch him obviously).
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I don't have a ton of time right now, but this wagon on me is reeeeealy stupid. I don't see a single reason behind it at all except "you badtunneled on VV." This argument is false because 1) nobody has actually done any line-by-line analysis on my VV case, some people just stated it was bad and others followed and 2) Just because you disagree with the case doesn't make me scum. By your logic, I could say, "everyone who agrees with my VV case is town and everyone who doesn't is scum" and that would be sufficient. Obviously, that is a bad argument, and so is the "case" on me.

That being said, the clear scum right now is Jack. He's chainsaw protecting VV by attacking me based on NOTHING at all. Moreover, he pushes a false dichotomy between VV and myself by saying "the only choice is one of us two," which is totally wrong given that, when he made that statement, I had two votes or something.

And no, that's not OMGUS. It's reality.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

If you think Jack is chainsawing you to protect VV, why do you think it's troubling that he frames the vote as between one of the two of you?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Jack »

VV is very townie.

Quit trying to pretend you didn't replace a player who was the #1 suspect.

You and VV are the only two likely lynches, based on what people have said.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

@Jack -

SV made 4 posts.

Most of them were 2 lines, tops.

Explain why that makes him a top suspect.

@Iec -

Because 90% of the game resets on D2 (I'm not saying this is good, but it's objectively true). As long as he protects VV today, he can easily backpedal and find new targets later.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

P.S @Jack - You still don't have any reasons for anything you say. I don't know who the fuck you are and saying "VV is very town" doesn't mean shit. Explain why or die.

Thanks.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Post by Jack »

You can read the thread for why many people have found SV suspicious. Deliberately lying in response to a perceived threat is a good scumtell (SV's claim that it was hyperbole). You say the votes on you are ridiculous because you haven't done anything scummy, however the person you replaced had, so that makes the votes not ridiculous.

I say Vas is townie because that's my gut feel. He went to a lot of effort to read peoples meta's when he really didn't have to. I get the feeling that was genuine effort and not faked effort to look good.

All you've done since replacing in is focus entirely on VV. You barely mention anyone else
at all
. Your case on VV is based on flip flopping and being wishy washy--but hardcore tunneling is a better scumtell. A certain amount of wishy washiness and jumping around/changing opinions is pro town. It's only when it looks opportunistic or not wanting to commit so they can join the biggest wagon etc, that it's scummy. There has to be a specific reason.

Straight up tunneling after replacing in is anti-town all the way though, and has a definite scum personality to it, more than wishy washy. You came in like scum trying to drive a mislynch/get pressure on someone else other than you.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by Andrius »

SD wrote: Would you mid commend on non RVS stuff now?
I've been doing that since I got here. ^^; I just commented on what I saw, since I wasn't here to say it during the actualy RVS stage.
Snow_Bunny wrote: I, myself, find VV (duh) the best choice. Though, I'll want Andrius to answer for some things tomorrow.
Do these questions have to wait until D2, or can I answer them now? Or did you mean tomorrow like Sunday? XD
AlmasterGM wrote: I don't know who the fuck you are and saying "VV is very town" doesn't mean shit. Explain why or die.
That's a pretty harsh statement, coming from someone who's pretty high on the town lynch list.
Plum wrote: What the heck? If you see a breadcrumb at any time, keep it to yourself. But I don't think that's what you're getting at here because what the heck were you trying to say?
:/ I was under the impression that breadcrumbing was leaving little snippits (like, "*hic" to [fake]claim a Drunk player) and didn't think this was breadcrumbing. And I thought that things like these should br brought up. Still learning.
I was just trying to point that out, and ask why he/she did it.
Plum wrote: you're just insinuating stuff that comes into your head without qualifying it and labeling it scummy.
i'm posting what I saw. It was very long, and awhile ago, so I don't expect that many of you will actually say something in regards to what I found. But we're scumhunting, not looking for the "150 town motives" that don't help scumhunting.
Plum wrote: That post was in the PM, actually. I usually get home at 6:30 but Fridays I get home earlier. You're really making little sense saying it was in the AM. I ought to check whether your above mudslinging was also full of fallacious claimage.
Well, my timezone says your post #106 was at 11:48am, so it could be merely a timezone mess up. Look into that, since that's probably why the discrepancy occured.
Flava Flave wrote: Unvote, Vote ooba I guess. Cuz 2 votes are better than one.
You guess? That's the best reasoning you have?

I was hoping to be able to think this through a little more, but I'll just go ahead and vote, since the deadline is within 24 hours.

Vote: Shattered_Viewpoint/ AlmasterGM

Why him/her and not SD, Vas, or Iec?
Simple.
I asked for AlmasterGM's thoughts on any other players, since there is most likely more than one scum here. And since he only focused on VV, then there's cause for concern.
AlmasterGM wrote: I also said that if anyone wanted me to comment on a specific tell, I would.
You can't take some initiative on your own part, and come up with at least
one
other scum-suspect?
AlmasterGM wrote: You don't get an "A" for effort, you get an "A" for doing something.
Same to you. You have a grand total of five posts to your name, combined with SV's scarcity; you're not looking active.
AlmasterGM wrote: I'll post some reads on others soon.
Can soon be before the D1 deadline?
AlmasterGM wrote:
LordChronos wrote: Ahem. Almaster, I meant your recent posts made you seem less scummy and more townie. So I don't really see how I am hopping on a wagon.
Alright, fine.
And you just give up and drop it here? Odd.

I still see SD, Iecerint, and VV as scummy, but Almaster's refusing to cooperate or help, besides hit VV, is a red flag in my eyes.

And there's the "hyperbole" lying and not willing to admit his mistake that SV put on.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”