DisgruntledSean
Townie
Townie

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by DisgruntledSean »

hmmm, by my time i still have an hour to post
sorry, unexpected trip, no time to notify
still available if no replacement's found yet
now a dillema, spend my friday night in drunken frivolity or stay home alone to post something for hoopla to shit all over, hmmm
maybe i can do both, will post later tonight
expect bad speeling
WingsOWisdom
WingsOWisdom
Goon
WingsOWisdom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by WingsOWisdom »

I'm kind of confused.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

cruelty wrote:eh? Wings posted..
Sorry. Mod just wants more activity, I guess. As Wings and Sean have responded I guess the deadline is still ticking away as it was originally, and I won't need to replace them.
WingsOWisdom
WingsOWisdom
Goon
WingsOWisdom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by WingsOWisdom »

Hoopla wrote:So Wings, you'd prefer Sean to investigate Budja over Sotty?
Yes. If town, Budja having a power role means he's more valuable to the town (no offense Sotty!) if cleared.

Spyrex -- I'm a little surprised at your surprise. After everyone's reactions to Cruelty's reaction, I probably wouldn't go with (a) even if I had been upset. Why I'm not currently voting for Cruelty would be a fair question though (Answer: It almost seems too easy (logic makes perfect sense + knowing I'm town means he's even more likely to be scum), which is making me hesitate).

I think we have enough people in favor of the plan for the lynch, although we don't appear to have a consensus on which of {Cruelty, myself} to lynch.
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Cuetlachtli »

WingsOWisdom wrote:(Answer: It almost seems too easy (logic makes perfect sense + knowing I'm town means he's even more likely to be scum), which is making me hesitate).
WoW, since you "know that you are town," then a combination of Cruelty, one or more of the PRs, and all of the players cleared by reports could be scum. In other words, if you are actually town, it means a handful of people are lying! This strengthens my argument that we are being deceived into thinking that we HAVE to lynch either WoW or Cruelty because they are the only two players "not cleared."

Thus, I implore that everyone at least reevaluate their convictions, suspicions, and "town reads." Please try to make an educated decision rather than vote solely based on Process of Elimination.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Budja »

We don't HAVE to lynch one of them, we SHOULD lynch one of them.
Process of elimination is a powerful tool and I believe we should use our reads in conjunction with it.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Unvote, Vote: Cruelty

Tonight is going to tell a lot. Unfortunately I absolutely expect to be the dead AND explaining the prizes to be found tomorrow I can't go into detail about but seriously there's some HUGE things to look at.

Sean needs to play the game. And SW needs to protect him.

Budja REALLY needs to step it up. Its ridiculous.

I'm not saying who I'm protecting.

Hoopla, regardless of alignment, has set forward a solid plan and the constant naysaying is really, really starting to make me paranoid. (Note: from what Budja has said, all you're cleared from is performing the kill)

More than one of these lies will come out. Mafia can't afford a lot of WIFOM because no matter whats happening the lines are tied tight enough that they will all unravel if one gets busted - and they have to stop that from happening.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Hoopla »

DisgruntledSean wrote: now a dillema, spend my friday night in drunken frivolity or stay home alone to post something for hoopla to shit all over, hmmm
I don't mean to be rude or insulting - it's just frustrating, you know. When you've signed up for a game with 2 week deadlines, you can't go away for a week posting nothing because it just kills the game. You made a committment to this, honor it.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:29 am

Post by don_johnson »

wow's "martyr" attitude is starting to rub me the wrong way. if they are town then they should be working for the cruelty lynch if they believe in the plan, not aqcuiescing to their own hanging. not sure if its worth switching here, but its certainly doesn't read very town to me.

ds: post something for hoop to shit on. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Cue what happens next when I flip town as far as your theory goes?

What are the pros and cons to no lynching today? I have thought about this a few times and the con is obviously lack of lynch information from the flip, but this game seems to be weighing heavily on night actions now so I'd thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what others thought.
WingsOWisdom
WingsOWisdom
Goon
WingsOWisdom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by WingsOWisdom »

Cuetlachtli wrote:WoW, since you "know that you are town," then a combination of Cruelty, one or more of the PRs, and all of the players cleared by reports could be scum. In other words, if you are actually town, it means a handful of people are lying!
I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Nobody claimed scum, so of course people are lying! Isn't the whole point of this game to figure out who it is that's lying?

Also, "Cruelty, one or more of the PRs, and all of the players cleared by reports" literally make up the entire rest of the player base. So yes, I'm aware that they could (and if we're making the bold assumption assumption that there are indeed scum in this game, then among those players, there
must
) be scum.

Don_johnson wrote:wow's "martyr" attitude is starting to rub me the wrong way. if they are town then they should be working for the cruelty lynch if they believe in the plan, not aqcuiescing to their own hanging. not sure if its worth switching here, but its certainly doesn't read very town to me.
I have certainly not acquiesced to my own hanging. I've simply stated that I believe the logic makes perfect sense, and I understand why I'm a major candidate for today's lynch.

By my count, Cruelty is at L-2 right now. If I know that DisgruntledSean agrees with Hoopla's plan (since he's kind of an important part of it), I'll add my vote as well.
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Cuetlachtli »

Sotty7 wrote:Cue what happens next when I flip town as far as your theory goes?

What are the pros and cons to no lynching today? I have thought about this a few times and the con is obviously lack of lynch information from the flip, but this game seems to be weighing heavily on night actions now so I'd thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what others thought.
My theory goes kaput if you flip town.

Now whether or not to NL...

3:9 setup no lynch

Today NL

Tomorrow = 3:6

ML

3:4

3:9 setup with lynch

Today ML

Tomorrow = 3:5

NL

3:4

3:1:8 setup with no lynch

Today NL

Tomorrow = 3:1:4

or

2:1:5

or

3:5

3:1:8 setup with lynch

Today lynch = 3:1:5

or

3:0:6

or

2:1:6

I don't think lynching or no lynching would make much a difference in a standard 3 scum, 9 town setup. But since we have a possible SK, I think we are better off lynching someone today.
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Cuetlachtli »

WingsOWisdom wrote:I have no idea what point you're trying to make.
My point is that both Cruelty and you could be town, and this whole plan masterminded by Hoopla could be a clever ruse to get us to miss lynch you guys.

Plug in these hypo-scum teams yourself:

Hoopla-Sotty-DJ

or

Budja- Cuetlachtli-DJ

or

Budja-Hoopla-Sotty

etc. etc.

All I ask is that you keep this in mind if one of you flips town since Cruelty and I are basically the only ones against this "policy lynch."
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Budja »

We (or at least I) am no implying one of Wings, cruelty must be scum. Wings/cruelty have the highest probability of being scum PR. We want to take out any scum PR which can interfere with town PR's.
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by Cuetlachtli »

don_johnson wrote:
cruelty wrote:Can you explain to me how you missed hoopla's claim and the subsequent numerous discussions regarding night actions/people being cleared etc?
my grandmother passed away. i was busy for a few days and when i returned there was a bunch of tl;dr type posts.

cue: care to explain what is wrong with any of my votes?

sidekick wagon needed a hammer. wasn't my first choice for day 1.

sw: snow white claimed "doc" and survived the night. i laid out my suspicions of her slot on day 1.

cruelty: also, suspicion from day 1

theres no real "inconsistency". as soon as general consensus seemed to clear snow and show little support for her wagon i moved to a perfectly viable suspect.

i have no issues with moving to wow or sotty if need be. but i want to lynch cruelty.

do you have questions for me?
Just about all this stuff you are suspicious of happened in the RVS or the period in between RVS and your entrance into the game. A lot has happened since than.

I dunno if you are just a half-ass player or you are scum looking for an excuse to vote for someone.

What I do know is that you have really slowed your play down since Ice's lynch wagon dissipated. It makes me wonder if your play on Day 1 was solely intended to diffuse the wagon on you. Now that you have been "cleared," you seem like you are coasting and you don't seem that interested in finding the scum.

If you want me to believe that you are town, you need to post more frequently and your posts should have fresh insights into the game.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by cruelty »

Budja wrote:We (or at least I) am no implying one of Wings, cruelty must be scum. Wings/cruelty have the highest probability of being scum PR. We want to take out any scum PR which can interfere with town PR's.
why highest probability of scum
pr
?

i understand that your (towns) complex system of night results based on a precarious sense of trust in other players makes it likely that there's scum within the claimed vts, but i don't understand why we're more likely to be a pr.
the nexus of the crisis
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Budja »

Well, we know Cue to be powerless, Sotty and don to not be SK/scum respectively.
(unless we have a scum busdriver or similar, PR is scum, etc)

So you and Wings are the most likely scum and the most likely scum PR's by elimination.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by cruelty »

seems like fairly unnecessary conjecture..
the nexus of the crisis
DisgruntledSean
DisgruntledSean
Townie
DisgruntledSean
Townie
Townie

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by DisgruntledSean »

hoopla,
your ego-shattering comments have been about my playstyle, not my absence,
I understand your fustration though, it's fair, goddamn newbs
however, as much as i respect this fascinating game and the deep culture surrounding it, my commitment to this falls dead last behind every single other professional and personal commitment i have, and i doubt i'm the only one
having said that, i'm back and will post more, which i'm sure will only elicit more abrasive remarks from you('n maybe spyre)

so spyre, i'm going back a ways for this, so maybe your thoughts have changed, but in post 394 you suggested a probable mafia roleblocker. why? and if so, why do you think i wasn't killed? if a 3:9 setup is a godfather and a roleblocker a plausible counter-balance to our at least 3 PR's?

Budja, why did you monitor Cue? care to elaborate on your role, are you informed whom the role was performed upon, if spyre flips between protecting hoopla or you would you know which one or only that he performed the role?

hoopla discussed the dangers of the town being co-ordinated by one or two people, but there's a lack of actual counter suggestions.
any other thoughts on how to handle night actions? cue suggested randomizing them, which certainly limits scum's counter-options, but any more suggestions?
ATM the numbers game seems very sound(and certainly not less sound than the psychology of tells, which can be expressed numerically as well)
vote: Cruelty
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Vote Count No. 18

WingsOWisdom (1) - Budja
Cruelty (5) - Sotty7, Hoopla, don_johnson, Spyrex, DisgruntledSean
Sotty7 (1) - Cuetlachtli
Hoopla (1) - Cruelty

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Not Voting: WingsOWisdom, Snow White

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by Budja »

@DS, I've already answer this but, I'm a "weak tracker", detect action not target. Looked at Cue and I have no clue on his slot/ thought him a good candidate for performing kill if mafia (before all the replacement stuff anyway).

The lynch is pretty obv. cruelty now, so I'll finish it.
unvote, vote cruelty

I'll be looking at one of our vanillas.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Vote Count No. 19: End of Day Two

Cruelty (6) - Sotty7, Hoopla, don_johnson, Spyrex, DisgruntledSean, Budja
Sotty7 (1) - Cuetlachtli
Hoopla (1) - Cruelty

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Not Voting: WingsOWisdom, Snow White

Cruelty, Bulletproof Serial Killer,
is dead. It is now night two, send in night actions ASAP! Deadline of 72 hours.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:18 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Spyrex, a Macho Doctor,
has been killed during the night.

Vote Count No. 20: Start of Day Three

Not voting: WingsOWisdom, Snow White, Cuetlachtli, Sotty7, Hoopla, don_johnson, DisgruntledSean, Budja

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:47 am

Post by Hoopla »

Curious to see what Cue makes of all this.

Okay, we're quite possibly in mylo right now. I don't think no-lynching is a smart idea as we'll probably just lose Snow White, so we have to hit scum today or hope we're playing in a 2:1:9. I'll have some more thoughts soon, but first I want to hear Sean's investigation results and what Budja did - I hope he targeted me, because there is a 50/50 shot of me catching him out if he is lying.
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:21 am

Post by Cuetlachtli »

I will tell you what I think after all the reports are out.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”