esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

/confirm

As my sig says, I am currently semi-LA. Don't even have electric turned on yet in my new place, let alone internet, so if I'm here it's because I'm at a friend's house or stealing McD's wifi or something.

Vote: The Lord Jesus

Insert politically incorrect atheistic taunting here. :D
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

hiphop wrote:ooh! First to put the second vote on someone, how does that make you feel?
Productive. :lol:

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #77 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Hmm. Not much to go on yet still.

Seacore is pushing a semantics case on Deer a little too hard, methinks. Not scummy, per se, just worth noting as it could be an early distancing attempt.

Podium needs an avatar.

Wicked gets town points for making what seems to me to be an obvious effort to get out of the RVS asap and jumpstart discussion.

TLJ's total lack of comment regarding my vote on him is irksome. What do you think of being the first to two votes, TLJ? Am I suspicious for my wagon vote on you? What do you think about Wicked claiming to know who the scum are? Are you going to post-restrict yourself to only replying with Scripture? Because that would be kind of awesome. :lol:

-

I've taken the LA notice out of my sig, but please note that I still do not have internet in my apartment and will probably not post more than once every 24 hours or so until further notice.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #99 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

esuriospiritus, 77 wrote:Seacore is pushing a semantics case on Deer a little too hard, methinks. Not scummy, per se, just worth noting as it could be an early distancing attempt.
podium123456, 80 wrote:I also think seacore is making a big semantics argument out of a little thing. Distancing? dunno.
Way to totally repeat what I said.

Hiphop's 83 seems like he's trying too hard to put a non-random vote on someone. Too early to be scummy though, imo. Null for now.

Seacore's 85 makes sense to me, even though I still think he's blown things out of proportion a little.

podium's 88 raises a couple red flags for me.
Eurospiritus - looks town

Hiphop - looks town
What? I've hardly said a word, and neither has he. I certainly don't have a read on hiphop at this time, and if I were not me I certainly wouldn't have a read on me when I've posted all of like three times prior to this post, and one was a random vote and another consisted of one word. I am suspicious of people who claim to think I'm town without adequate reasoning for it, because it's a great scum strategy to make a town buddy or two and try to connect yourselves to them as much as possible to drag them down with you.

He also parrots hiphop's misrep of exilon, which I actually find to be more suspicious than hiphop's original misrep. It's much less risky for someone to jump on something small if someone else has already done so.

I think the above few things are enough for me to

Unvote; Vote: Podium

MT kind of active lurked for a while and all of a sudden jumps on the TLJ wagon.
MT wrote:Currently TJL seems to be most likely to be scum because of his actions.
I believe him acting unusually Just and United with the town is just to lull us into a false sense of security.
Which actions? How so? Elaborate, because right now your vote simply does not have enough reasoning behind it.

FOS: Master Tang

side note/Public Service Announcement: People who keep saying "The RVS is over now" etc need to read this thread, with special attention to posts 5-8. The term "stage" is misleading in that there is not really a particular moment where the RVS is over, and that time may not be the same for everyone. It is a transitory period and should be treated as such. Also nothing in RVS is completely random, since people will still do things that work toward their wincons from the moment they have their role PM (scum are more likely to try to prolong the RVS, put off taking stances, excuse early actions as "but it was in the RVS, so I don't need a reason", etc.)

This is not an excuse to stay in RVS-mode, mind. Quite to the contrary -- it should have been srs bsns time a while ago for the lot of ye.

Till tomorrow, yo.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #117 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Ugh, walls. So much for going to sleep at a reasonable hour. [pre-posting addendum: /irony tag goes here]
podium, 101 wrote:What's the point of explaining that tactic? It's probably the most basic strategy there is, and i'm sure we are all aware of it. I feel like perhaps you wanted to just contribute something that sounded impressive/intriguing by stating something inherently obvious.
I am overly verbose and have a habit of stating things that do not necessarily need to be stated because I strive for as much clarity as possible. I do not intend to change that anytime soon as it is a core aspect of my personality. I can reference completed scum/town games for verification if this continues to be an issue.
didn't see any holes or flawed reasoning.... thought it sounded town
See, there's a major problem here. Can you guess what it is, or do I need to spell it out? (Hint: Scum can form arguments without holes or flawed reasoning too, y'know. Just because you're scum doesn't mean your arguments will suddenly cease holding up to a basic logic check. Unless you suck at mafia, in which case you have bigger problems than your alignment.)

I still hold that it is suspicious to conclude that someone "looks town" with the severely limited content I had provided at that time. I see a far more natural town reaction being a "neutral" on either hiphop or me at the time you posted, and MT's "playing safe", which insinuates at least a mild suspicion, without actually elaborating on that suspicion, fishy.
MT, 104 wrote:I didn't all of a sudden jump on TLJ. I was finding him suspicious for a while and after rereading a bit I found him to be the most suspicious with his vagueness and his weak voting. My post fully explains all the reasoning that led me to vote for TLJ. I thought his vagueness and him "hiding" behind his character is a way for him to hide his scumminess.
Since TLJ has started posting more often and actually telling us what's on his mind I have since changed my opinion and choose to UNVOTE. You're jumping on me after I gave a detailed reason why I was voting for TLJ. Even thought I unvoted for TLJ I still am wary of him but he is redeeming himself in my opinion.
Okay, that's great and all, but we don't have any proof that you actually found him suspicious for a while. and therefore, yes, it is "all of a sudden" because we cannot read your mind and therefore cannot verify that you didn't just jump on TLJ's bandwagon because it seemed like the cool thing to do at the time. That's not so much what I take issue with so much as the fact that I think your reasoning is shoddy, though. The hiphop argument is very weak and the "playing Jesus to lull us into a false sense of security" is BS. (Wicked echoes my line of thought on that in 105). Also, if you really found him suspicious, your vote would likely remain on him when pressured barring a better scum candidate emerging. The fact that you unvoted without voting anyone else when you did along with the perpetuation of your shoddy bandwagon-jumping is something I find
very
suspicious and is enough for me to

unvote; Vote: Master Tang

This in no way clears podium, mind. In fact, I feel fairly confident at this point in time that MT and podium are scumpartners, but I'll get to my beef on him as an individual more in a bit.

IGMEOY/HOS: Podium

Podium, let us, together, read what I said about hiphop again, and then what hiphop said, and then what you said, because you are blowing things out of proportion here.
esurio, 99 wrote:Hiphop's 83 seems like he's trying too hard to put a non-random vote on someone. Too early to be scummy though, imo. Null for now.
hiphop, 83 wrote:First part i can possibly see as AtE as well as a promise that you will lurk. Right? As for the second part I see as sitting back and lurking, and not giving your input. It just reiterates the first point. Activity helps the town. vote exilon not a random vote.
podium, 104 wrote:hiphop places a serious vote based on little to no info, and you label it a null tell... i give an opinion based on an informative post and you label it a scum tell.
Note that I did not say it was a town action nor a scum action; you seem to have this idea in your head based on your reaction towards me that I am trying to excuse a clearly scummy action as one that is not scummy. This may require some background to understand, and so I am willing to forgive your ignorance in this matter, but I have been blasted in the past for trying too hard with my early cases as town before (will link this on request as well) and because of that I am inclined to be lenient when that is what I see from someone else. Since that was the vibe I got from hiphop's post, as opposed to one of malevolence (mind that scum are more likely to hop onto an already steam-powered bandwagon, and hiphop did not) I have mentally earmarked the post for later reference once we have some flips and player connections established, but as of right now I don't think there is anything alignment-related one way or the other about hiphop's post.
podium, 101 wrote:i wonder why you come after me so hard, yet ignore hiphop, if it's 'really' something that irks you.
Blatant misrep. The only thing I ever said irked me (and no, you don't get to use that word, that's one of my favourite words, goddamnit, and you haven't proved yourself worthy of it yet :<) was TLJ's non-reaction to my vote on him.
Let's just try and hold everyone to the same standard when it comes to 'agreeing' with other players
Let's not, as that would likely benefit scum. It's not so much the action of agreeing in and of itself so much as the manner in which the agreeing is done, and discouraging players from agreeing with each other at all would eventually undermine town. Echoing a statement of accusation over a misinterpretation at best/misrep at worst is far scummier than echoing agreement when a case has been talked to death already, for example.

@TLJ: Do you still find my case on podium to be "not justified"? Why or why not?
podium wrote: She considered someone making a comment based off of meaningful data more scummy than someone placing a vote based off of no data.
I think this here could sum up the brunt of our headbutting quite nicely. Y'see, I completely disagree that your comment regarding me was based off of meaningful data, where as you seem to think that a few sentences is adequate to get a read off of.
If it's 'too early' for Hiphop to be scum
Misrep/misinterpreting again. Not too early to be scum, too early to get a read off it. Hiphop has, frankly, not posted enough for me to feel like I have a read on him one way or the other. That is a problem, but we have scummier candidates than the relative lurkers right now.

I am curious, though, podium. I notice that despite our disagreements you have not OMGUS'ed me. What is your current opinion of me now that I've actually posted some things of substance? What is your opinion on MT now that he has been forced to come out of his shell a little more? Is there really no one you suspect more than TLJ at this time?

- PRE-POSTING REFRESH CHECK -

Hiphop, I understand where you're coming from, but calling someone town is not
always
a bad thing, despite what people on this site love telling all the newbies. When people flip (especially scum) it is sometimes helpful to look at who they called town and who they called scum. Like most things, though, it should be used in moderation, and the context defines the pro- or anti- townness of calling someone town. Defending someone you think is town from being lynched by stating that you think they are town >>>> writing a compact list of who you think is scum and who is town with little to no reasoning. Giving away who you think is what alignment is to some extent inevitable anyway.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #120 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:34 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

The Lord Jesus wrote:
The Judgment

>Guilty: esurio, hiphop, Green
>Innocent: podium, Wick, Exilon, Seacore, Tang
What has Green done that Doomcow hasn't? (More accurately, what have
either
of them done?) What has Tang done that merits an innocent read? What has Seacore done the merits an innocent read? What has podium done that merits an innocent read?

And even if I didn't totally disagree with your list, you've pretty much just done here exactly what I said was
bad
to do in my previous post -- post a scum/town list, particularly with little to no elaboration. Do you know why it's bad? Let's say you're town, and you have a scum and two towns on your guilty list. Scum know exactly which ways they can sway you now so you don't vote their scumbuddy. Let's say you're scum -- you've effectively day-communicated with your buddies regarding which people you want to see lynched.

Adding TLJ to my list of people-who-need-to-be-lynched. This is inexcusable.
Esurio: Verily I say, your case is unjustified. We should rejoice that he is eager to reveal his thoughts on who is innocent or guilty.
lolno.
To decieve us, our enemies need to change their false perspectives and so hesitate to give them. His agreement, in both cases, was reasonable.
How so?
In the second it was not so much a stone cast against Exilon as it was an oath spoken in support of hiphop's concerns. Were you reading intent on learning rather than usurping, you may have understood this.
I don't see the difference. One is equal to the other.
Your accusations are not only unjustified because Podium is innocent
Elaborate. What has he done to merit an innocent read from you?
but also because they are rife with iniquity. When Seacore and Master Tang chanted, "Crucify him," you ran from the assembly and loudly accosted two who had already been called unclean.
Who previously accused podium/MT? Exilon pointed an FOS at podium, but nobody had said a thing accusatory toward MT when I laid down my cases. This is a blatant misrep.
In one breath, you have shown that you understand the early game to be barren of evidence and yet asked the righteous to believe that you have found much of it. In truth, you have found nothing but two accusers whom you hope to manipulate. Repent.
Also a misrep. Where did I ever say that there is no evidence to be found in the early game? If you were "reading with the intent of learning", as you say, you would know that there are things that I have chosen to keep an eye on but cannot glean alignment from at this time (ie, not scumtells, but to some extent troubling) and things that I feel are outright scumtells.
exilon wrote:@Esurio: Do you find this paraphrase of your ISO post #3 accurate?

"Hiphop places a serious vote based to little on no info early in the game, so it's labeled a null tell. Podium states two town opinions when there was little information on those players and never elaborates on it on that post, so she labels it as scum"

If not, what is wrong there? Is it significant?
Not quite, but certainly closer. I would add clarification in that I got the distinct impression that hiphop was trying too hard to make a non-RVS case, which is not a scumtell but provides a connection to you that can be further analyzed when one of you flips (and likewise a connection to podium for agreeing with the case).

The latter sentence is accurate.

-

I will probably be unable to post tomorrow. I work a long shift that day. Just fyi.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #156 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:07 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Sorry guys, I've got caught up with work and FF XIII again and kind of forgot this game existed. XD
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:I don't want to relegate my option to just one, since I do not want to be accused of tunneling. Also, because he may state something scummy in the future, he remains as my 2nd suspect.
Please note, I will not be making many unvotes and votes here because I do not want to be accused of jumping around all over the place.
Worded like a true scumbag. You make it sound like your highest priority is to avoid suspicion on you.

And, what, pray tell, is so wrong about votejumping in early day 1?
One post. One post and I'm in your scum team list? That's ********! One post should NOT determind if you're scum or not. If you think I'm scum, why not wait for a few posts to go by before considering me scum?
Actually, it's really not. You're positively OOZING noobscum vibes.
podium wrote:And greendude, the same can be said of you... except you havent really popped in a lot. Your post 134 was almost laughable at some of the lines in it. Like:
greendude wrote: And what stances do people have on certain people?

I mean, really... what the heck kind of a question is that to ask at this point??? :roll:
Haha. QFT. :lol:
TLJ wrote:The unclean cringe from such forthright opportunism in this stage of the game, knowing well that it will lead to their persecution.
Wow. Obvious WIFOM is obvious and also WIFOM.

I am cool with a MT, TLJ, or SSBF lynch at the moment. Believe it or not I am having second thoughts about podium -- upon a break from the game and a reread in iso I realized he has held up to my scrutiny more like a townie than a scumbag. IGMEO him still though, so we'll see.

If there is anything I've somehow missed or you would like me to look at closer, feel free to point it out to me. I don't work today or tomorrow so barring the neighbour's internet cutting out (yay leeching) or me getting called in (frak you, crappy retail job) I will probably check in a few times both days.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #158 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

TheCheshireCat wrote:please, please, please, try to condense your posts.
/points up

I like to think I was pretty darn concise earlier. For me, especially. <.<;
I have noticed that almost everytime that one player votes another player, he defends the player that was voted. Too many incidents to quote, just ISO him and you will see. I find that a little starnge, like he is trying to hard to find everybody innocent. Ya he voted Esurio, but then defended Podium, which Esurio voted. Idk just doesn't sit well with me,
FOS TLJ
for now.
The way you word this it sounds like you had more to say about TLJ and then thought better of it. Your last quoted text before this is from exilon, but then you start off talking about "he", as in TLJ, and I had to read like three times before I figured out wtf you were talking about. Care to talk about what you left out?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #171 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Sweet, nice to see people actually agreeing with me for once.

unvote; Vote: SSBF

@SSBF: Have you played mafia on any site other than this one? If so, would you mind linking any completed games of yours and indicating which alignment you were?
The Lord Jesus wrote:Esurio: If I am supposing that Master Tang poisoned the wine in front of me or in front of him based on my preconceptions about his personality, then it is WIFOM. If I am supposing as much based on a wider view of how the unclean act across many games, then it is no more WIFOM than suspecting a lurker or a breadcrumbed doc. It is true that he may have acted in such a manner to mislead us but, if that is the case, time will tell.
Hmm. I disagree that scum shy away from early opportunism when they think they might get away with it, but there's not much to really argue on that point as it appears to be a difference of our experiences.

@TCC: K, I'm willing to accept that answer based on the severe lack of editing in the rest of your posts. <_< Maybe you should try editing your posts for clarity before hitting submit in the future?

Also, is there a reason you still have a vote on Deer and are only FOSing people?
podium wrote:Esurio can you respond to my accusation that you penalized me much harsher than Hiphop, when his infraction was worse than mine?
Bah, I thought I had already explained this adequately. I believe a large part of our disagreement was that I do not think his infraction was worse than yours. He appeared to me to be trying too hard to come up with a non-RVS case, which is a null-tell to me. You appeared to be calling someone town with what (to me) was not enough reason, which I view as a likely scum buddying effort as, in my experience, town are more likely to be cautious in who they judge as town, especially aloud. I emphasize again that this is all based on my own judgment based on my own experiences with the game of mafia, and our differing experiences is why I think you continue to fail to understand me. I have already dropped the point based on the rest of your posting (continuing to press one point when the rest of your play reads fairly town to me would be some pretty terribad tunneling, eh?)

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #176 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:01 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Nice AtE, SSBF.

And you didn't answer my question.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:28 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

That's probably because the wiki article on it sucks.

Basically it appeared that he was trying to get us to feel sorry for him by his manner of 'woe is me' posting. Classic noobscum move.

Essentially what I got from his post was, "QQ, guys, please don't lynch me, I really wanted to be in this game. If you lynch me I'm never going to replace into another game. If you guys don't lynch me, I promise I'll return to the game with a townier appearance. C'MON GUYS, IT'S EVEN MY BIRTHDAY, PLEASE DON'T LYNCH ME."

Btw, SSBF, happy birthday, if it is actually your birthday. (The site doesn't seem to think so, but there's always the possibility you gave it the wrong date or something, I suppose.)

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #195 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

DISCLAIMER: I'm really super tired. I may or may not have skipped things. I may or may not make sense. I am in the mood to post anyway. Deal with it.

Exilon wrote:As I've stated, I feel some people have boarded the wagon a little too willingly and worry-free.
Which people?
TLJ: Haven't you thought of the possibility that the sinners are using Super's faulty reasoning as en easy route for a mislynch? How does that make you feel, being you one of the protectors of the righteous, as you so declare?
I have something to say to this, but should probably wait for TLJ to respond since it was addressed to him. Someone remind me to respond to this once TLJ has.

Speaking of TLJ, you know what guys, I
his posting style. It's unnecessarily verbose, and so am I. <_<; I have no trouble understanding him (how anyone does is beyond me; it's obviously English with a "brethren" and "repent" thrown in every now and again) and his way of wording things has provided many lulz.

In fact, I'm kind of wishing there were games where everyone roleplayed a character. Maybe I should make one. Hmm...

Seacore, people shouldn't scan posts, they should
read
them in full.
It reads, "I can't defend him, but i prefer someone else. If he is the right lynch, well I am a newbie" What an appeal to Emotion? Playing the newbie card. Never good to do that.
Glad someone else caught this.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #196 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

EBWOP: I'd also like to point out that Zorblag roleplays in his games as well and no one seems to give him any trouble about it. <_< People need to stop being fussy.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #222 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:33 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

I agree with Exilon that TLJ should point out where exactly he is being accused of being "nervous and appeasing". It would make it easier for exilon to respond to the accusation and thus easier for the rest of us to determine whether we disagree or agree with TLJ's stance.

SSBF, I attempted to read your games but that forum colour scheme hurts my eyes. x_x You technically shouldn't link ongoings anyway, even if they're on another site, even if you're dead in them, but I asked so I don't really consider that your fault. <_<

Regarding your 199, I empathize with you (even if I still think you're scum) on the whole negative attention thing. Everyone seemed to pretty much think I was obvtown in my first few games (on another site), which allowed me to hone my skills a little before I finally got into a game where someone thought I was scummy and I had to defend myself. As one player to another, my advice to you is to read as much game theory as you can get your hands on, and read a few completed games too (revealing to yourself who is what role so you can notice more how certain roles behaved, what worked, and what didn't) and improve your play accordingly.
MT wrote:I too would appreciate people explaining their reasons for voting SSBF. I would be doubly greatful if you could do it in a reasonable size and not a wall of text.
Or
YOU
could read the goddamn game, rather than asking people to repeat themselves, when it's
your own damn fault
that
you
fell behind.

You have been prodded twice now, and
this
is what you come back to the game saying? If you care for the game as little as you obviously do, why did you sign up for it? And why would you persist in active lurking instead of just replacing out if you legitimately can't handle the amount of content that people who
give a frak about the game
churn out?

At least Wicked's return post gives us
some
actual content, geez. (And I am inclined to agree on the exilon vs podium thing.)

@podium 213: I think he's insinuating that it has something to do with an ongoing game, based on his wording. I dunno though.
Esurio did not do the same thing. Esurio is actually voting for someone who she thinks is scummy. When she unvoted you, it was because she found someone scummier, yet she still fos, because she still suspected you, though not as much as the person that is she is voting for. Exilion unvote you, why? He didn't want to see you lynched when A) you are his top suspect, and B) you were at L-6?
This.

Something rubs me wrong about the Exilon case, though. I think it has to do with hiphop's tunneling, but... I don't know. My gut tells me that Exilon is town despite his crappy unvote.

Not liking MT's contentless vote. At all. Don't you have
anything
else to say about what you've missed?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #252 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:29 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

@mod:

esuriospiritus is V/LA until April 26, 2010.
O.o Actually, I'm technically LA till further notice. In my confirmation post I mentioned not having internet inside my apartment and having to go elsewhere for it, and those circumstances have not changed. It doesn't hamper my activity THAT much, but sometimes I do go over the 48 hour thing as a result of that and splitting my internet time with another game, so yeah.

unvote

SSBF needs to claim, but he needs to do so before some noob waltzes in, hammers, and goes, "herp derp I totally didn't know he was at L-1, sawwi ^____^;"

vote: MT

And anyway, I'm starting to think MT is even more obvscum than SSBF, which aside from the "I hate buses lol" comment would make me wary of the SSBF wagon for the sole reason that he is on it.

@Wicked: Are you going to respond to Seacore's defense?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #265 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:35 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

I am happy with my vote where it is at the moment, but as I said before I am okay with either lynch and if it comes down to it I am willing to hammer. It would have taken something big for me to buy SSBF's claim anyway, and if worst comes to worst and we lynch town!SSBF, at least we're not lynching a power role d1.

@SSBF: If it becomes obvious that we are lynching you today despite/because of your claim, could you post for us a comprehensive list of who you think is town and who you think is scum before you die? If you flip town it could be useful to have a confirmed townie's perspective on the game out in the open going into day 2.

Right now I am most concerned with hearing more from the more lurkerish individuals, and those who have replaced in.

@Mod:
you forgot to edit your post 2 so it says who RankStranger is replacing.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #306 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:19 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

So the internet within my apartment complex that I'd been using most frequently became a protected network a few days ago and I hadn't been able to get around to chilling at McD's long enough to post anything. Apologies for my absence. DDD:
Esurio: It should concern you that a second wagon could reveal power roles. If you are willing to hammer Super Smash then you are willing to hang him. That should be sufficient.
Well yeah, of course. If there was a point you were trying to make here, I don't think I get it. I said I'm willing to hammer, and I meant it.

SSBF's quote-heavy post was pretty useless, but I liked his more TL;DR post on everyone. It has highlighted his inconsistency, and gives us a lot to work with going into tomorrow regardless of his alignment.

@SSBF: Could you elaborate as to what made you come to the belief that you were wrong about Seacore?
In my opinion, this is pretty damning of the OF slot.

Player subs in, finds nearly everybody viewing the slot as scummy. Finds his scum buddy SSPF heavily heavily bussing him. Decides "I'm too old for this shit" and subs out.

Yes, there are some heavy assumptions in that. And yes, I will give the replacement every chance to redeem himself tomorrow, but its a nail that's destined for a coffin.
Haha, I like how you worded that. I agree, OF has continued to drive down the integrity of that particular slot. Whoever replaces, if town, has a lot on their plate.

TCC is not nearly scummy enough to warrant lynching today. Deer is not nearly scummy enough to warrant lynching today. No other alternative that anyone else has brought up is nearly scummy enough to warrant lynching today. TLJ brings up a good point about going for a MT lynch possibly outing power roles. So SSBF it is, but that doesn't mean we can't milk the day for all it's worth. Would like that answer from SSBF. I will definitely be able to get online sometime May 2nd and hammer then, but if everyone else is satisfied and ready to move on, I guess feel free to hammer before then.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #326 (isolation #17) » Sun May 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

All: Both Wicked and Exilon reacted strangely to comments about their behavior. Wicked removed his vote without replying to Seacore's mention of it, and placed it on someone unlikley to compete with Super Smash for today's lynch. Exilon heavily pushed the Super wagon but only promised the hammer as an afterthought.

esurio: The point I was making is that your vote should have been on Super Smash if you were willing to hammer him. Not important now, for he is, again, one vote from the grave.
I concur. Wicked has been acting kind of funky all game, while from memory Exilon only started making ripples on my scumdar more recently.

I see your point now about hammering, but I unvoted so it was harder for someone to end day early.
Seacore wrote:bubblegum flavoured cheese
...Ew. D:
As a result. I want SSBF hammered a full 24 hours before the deadline. That way there can be no excuse.
Noted.
If you're town, I'm sorry.
If you're scum, good riddance.
Anyway, thanks you for your answers / posts / time.
Vote: Super Smash Bros. Fan
Auugh nooooooooooo.

I wanted to hear from our replacees first. And we even got an extension... /whine.

And yeah, barring a mindfuck from SSBF, it would seem he was town. Augh.

lol @ Wicked "still catching up". It really doesn't take that long, yo, and I've been LA the whole game.
This is one of the longest twighlights I've ever experienced...
Mod probably wasn't expecting the hammer yesterday.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #327 (isolation #18) » Sun May 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

EBWOP: I suppose noting seacore's hammer request wasn't relevant; I forgot to delete it after seeing Exilon hammered. <_<

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #352 (isolation #19) » Thu May 06, 2010 8:18 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Go figure it's the one time I'm actually enjoying playing as town, too... BAH! >_<

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”