NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Vi »

Seraphim 149 wrote:
Vi wrote:First Post Mind H4x: Seraphim is scum
You're just scared of my elite scum hunting mind games which of course only scum would have reason to fear.
Here's a mind game for you.
Seraphim 145 wrote:Hi guys. I agree with Vi,
You agree with me only so far as it lets you avoid the not-likely-to-succeed wagon on SSBF, but you don't agree with me about Parama or anyone else, including the really big point I made about vezo. Your excuse for not looking at the "wagon" is hideous, considering
*it shows you didn't bother to read much of the thread; i.e. hunt scum
*it shows again that you agreed with me but didn't actually read my post, because I already did it for you!

Humor and fluff makes you likable ^.^ but doesn't help at all.

Or in shorter and more compact terms, First Post Mind H4x.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Psh, I looked at the "wagon" and I never said that I didn't. It's simply that votes are more concrete than simple talking, making analysis more difficult. It's regret, not an excuse. Nice try at a misrep, though.

I agree with you as far as SSBF is concerned but not any further than that.

Your case on Vezo is weaksauce, sorry. Not buying it.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Parama »

Seraphim wrote:
So, tell me Parama, why is SSBF scum?
Read the thread.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Parama wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
Read the thread.
All I see is you saying "lol SSBF is scum" with nothing backing it. Don't dodge the question.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

your mind games are making my head hurt x.x

But not for the reasons you hope for :P
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by Unsight »

Vi wrote:The more Parama talks, the more I want to rescind my initial Town read on him and/or smack him through the Internet.

SSBF is most likely naive VI-Town. Emphasis on all of naive, VI, and Town.

I don't know if Chronopie is
trying
to look scummy, or if this is just normal, but stuff like 131 makes me twitch.
My favorite scumhunting tool told me "
Prediction hazy, ask again
".

But let's take a look elsewhere at what I was seeing earlier.
askbob, vezopiraka, SGRaaize, and LynchMePlz all softly egged on the SSBF wagon without actually taking the active role Parama did and/or tried to use their own "unique" brand of arguments against SSBF (askbob 65, vezo 77, LMP's MASSIVE fence-sit in 88). The chance of all of them being Town is nil.

My vote's going to the one who IMO had the most weak comments of them all
on top of
lurking in New York while not posting earlier. (I've already looked at the other games in this subforum; he's not in any of them.)

Vote: vezopiraka
(L-11)
Why did you make some text blue and some text purple? It seems like you're trying to draw more attention to your post than might have gotten otherwise.
Games are meant to be fun.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Parama »

Seraphim wrote:
Parama wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
Read the thread.
All I see is you saying "lol SSBF is scum" with nothing backing it. Don't dodge the question.
If you would read carefully, you'd see the question has already been answered.

LOL chainsaw attacks.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Parama wrote:If you would read carefully, you'd see the question has already been answered.
I think what they were meaning was that they wanted a better case on me to get them to convince that I am acting scummy. So far, your case on me is not very good. This is especially supported because multiple people are rebutting your comment.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Parama wrote:If you would read carefully, you'd see
the question has already been answered.
that I'm beating around the bush and my attack is bullshit.

LOL
chainsaw attacks.
my case has no real substance.
Fixed for you.

Why is SSBF scum? I've read your case and it lacks in several departments, like the 'evidence' and 'content' ones.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Parama »

Read the thread.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Vi »

Seraphim 151 wrote:*lame attempt to discredit Vi*
ok

@Unsight 155: The former is a reference to the Magic 8 Ball. The latter is something held over from Rainbow Robot etc.
Unsight 155 wrote:It seems like you're trying to draw more attention to your post than might have gotten otherwise.
W...hat kind of accusation is this?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I've read the thread. I've read your case. It's weak. You've been pushing for SSBF's lynch since before the day started. Simply telling me to read the thread is not helpful and annoying. So, let's take your case then...

Why are the posts you link to scummy?
Who cares that his posts were "pointless info about himself that nobody cares about"? It was the pre-confirm stage, how is that scummy?
How is OMGUS scummy?

ANSWER THIS CRAZY SHIT MOFO
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Parama »

Seraphim wrote:Why are the posts you link to scummy?
Nervousness - if you can't see it then you're not reading OH WAIT
Seraphim wrote:Who cares that his posts were "pointless info about himself that nobody cares about"? It was the pre-confirm stage, how is that scummy?
Trying to detract from the nervousness in his posting - something factual is easier to talk about.
Seraphim wrote:How is OMGUS scummy?
The reason for one player voting another is that the other player voted for the first. That exclusively = OMGUS = no reason to vote.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Seraphim »

nervousness =/= scum

It's entirely possible for town to be nervous about a game. That alone does not a case constitute. And if he's nervous, as you state, why does he unveil this massive new "list" of sorts as scum? Wouldn't that increase the scrutiny on him and draw attention to himself?

As for OMGUS, no vote is ever strictly OMGUS. If you don't see that, maybe it's YOU who is not reading the game.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Lowell »

vote parama
. WINCON.

I love early bandwagons, but not SSBF. Games need one or two overeager go-getters early on.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Vote unsight

I am so not even close to getting the SSBF hate. The arguments about his system being an overcorrection would be awesome if it wasn't for the fact that he's applying this system to all his new games and it's not a terrible system at all, at least it's open. And given it's a cut and paste job, that makes that argument about hidden threats to those in the scummy area even more stupid than it already was (presumably if he was town there WOULD be a threat, he'd want to vote you ><)

I doubt Parama is scum though. It reminds me very much of our last game when Hoopla and I hydrad and they lynched someone in about 4 pages.

Now - back to my vote. Unsight has some ungly posts. (that was a typo but I left it because ungly is a cool word.)
First content post is a joining of the SSBF wagon with overjustification:
Unsight wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan - Post subject: 20 wrote:
Parama wrote:We should be lynching SSBF D1 anyways, I don't see why it's important.
If you quick hammer me, you run a higher risk of killing a townie.
Let's run Day 1 ful or at least almost full course before deciding on the list.
I read the colored as: "Don't lynch me, I
might
be town."

vote: SSBF
Then second post is calling out Vi for colouring parts of his posts.
Unsight wrote: Why did you make some text blue and some text purple? It seems like you're trying to draw more attention to your post than might have gotten otherwise.
So that's a lame attack, and the first one is a covering your arse bandwagon vote - so already I'd be thinking about a vote, except it is also flamingly contradictory - presumably the 2nd post here is meant to suggest that colouring one's post in an attempt to get them noticed is somehow suspicious behaviour but that's EXACTLY WHAT YOU JUST DID in your first content post.

People who scumhunt themselves are awesome. Gogo Unsight wagon.

Timeeater gets a special mention for scummy 121 as well.
I'm old now.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by pman5595 »

SSBF is idiot town, a Lowell like character (OOOOOHHH BURNNNNNEDD). Quick wagon is super scummy.
Vote: Dr Robotnik
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Vi wrote:But let's take a look elsewhere at what I was seeing earlier.
askbob, vezopiraka, SGRaaize, and LynchMePlz all softly egged on the SSBF wagon without actually taking the active role Parama did and/or tried to use their own "unique" brand of arguments against SSBF (askbob 65, vezo 77, LMP's MASSIVE fence-sit in 88). The chance of all of them being Town is nil.
I like this fence. I think SSBF is either scummy or over eager town, and I haven't made up my mind yet. I also think egging the whole thing on has been good for town. I'd be surprised if Parama AND SSBF are both town. I wanted to see how it shakes out.
Vi wrote:My vote's going to the one who IMO had the most weak comments of them all on top of lurking in New York while not posting earlier. (I've already looked at the other games in this subforum; he's not in any of them.)
I dont get the argument against vezopiraka, can you explain it again? What do you mean by lurking in NY? Do you mean he was lurking in pre-game? Which comments were weak?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Unsight »

Vi wrote:
Seraphim 151 wrote:*lame attempt to discredit Vi*
ok

@Unsight 155: The former is a reference to the Magic 8 Ball. The latter is something held over from Rainbow Robot etc.
Unsight 155 wrote:It seems like you're trying to draw more attention to your post than might have gotten otherwise.
W...hat kind of accusation is this?
Huh. Well, it's an observation. You didn't use colors like that in your last several games or at all in fact. Blue and purple text certainly did catch my attention though so I was wondering if that was the purpose.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:26 pm

I'd be surprised if Parama AND SSBF are both town.
I'd be surprised if they weren't. What about the scenario of 'overeager, inexperienced town gets pounced on early by townie with a read' is unlikely to you?
I'm old now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Vi »

LynchMePls 167 wrote:
I like this fence. I think SSBF is either scummy or over eager town, and I haven't made up my mind yet. I also think egging the whole thing on has been good for town. I'd be surprised if Parama AND SSBF are both town. I wanted to see how it shakes out.
Go ahead and talk more about this. Why is it unlikely that Parama and SSBF are both Town?
LMP 167 wrote:
Vi wrote:My vote's going to the one who IMO had the most weak comments of them all on top of lurking in New York while not posting earlier. (I've already looked at the other games in this subforum; he's not in any of them.)
I dont get the argument against vezopiraka, can you explain it again? What do you mean by lurking in NY? Do you mean he was lurking in pre-game? Which comments were weak?
ALL of his comments have been weak, without exception. #0 and #1 were just egging on the existing argument between Parama and SSBF without actually adding anything. #2 is a laughable excuse for an argument against SSBF's list. #3 looks like another attempt to attack the list, though at this point it's a pretty easy target.

Yes, he was lurking pregame in this forum. Watching stuff going on ITT, not posting.

Would you like to place a vote?

---
Unsight 168 wrote:Huh. Well, it's an observation. You didn't use colors like that in your last several games or at all in fact. Blue and purple text certainly did catch my attention though so I was wondering if that was the purpose.
"Last several games"? I thought I was supposed to be the one stalking you :?
Come on, I really don't want to have a repeat of the last game. (Unless you're scum.) What have you noticed going on ITT that scum are more likely to do?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by LimMePls »

"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Unsight »

@SerialClergyman

Please explain what you meant when you said that my first post was an "overjustification." I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Your second part is a pretty blatant misrep. I asked Vi what the purpose of his coloring was. I didn't say it was suspicious. I'm well-aware of my own use of magenta in place of bold/underline.

You come out swinging at me but your argument amounts to you not "getting" SSBF wagon and a misrep.

But you know... since you're not getting a scum read on SSBF, I'd like your opinion on this post, specifically the last sentence.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Catchup from page... 2 or so, I think.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:52 pm

The overjustification is because everyone was jumping on the wagon, we all get why. But you had to find a little reason, find a specific point that you could rely on in case public opinion turns.

Well, rather than presume, I'll ask - why did you mention Vi's use of colour?

My opinion on that post is that almost all of it fits perfectly with my opinion of SSBF at the moment. But that last line is utterly bizarre, I'll give you that.
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”