NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Unsight »

Vi wrote:
Unsight 168 wrote:Huh. Well, it's an observation. You didn't use colors like that in your last several games or at all in fact. Blue and purple text certainly did catch my attention though so I was wondering if that was the purpose.
"Last several games"? I thought I was supposed to be the one stalking you :?
Come on, I really don't want to have a repeat of the last game. (Unless you're scum.) What have you noticed going on ITT that scum are more likely to do?
That would depend on SSBF's alignment wouldn't you say?
Games are meant to be fun.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Sevis wrote:I find SSBF to be trying way too hard -- not so much because he is undertaking rather overambitious projects in hope to find scum, but because he is repeatedly stating obvious matters as if they were brilliant ideas of his (8, to a lesser extent 29, 48, very clear again in 54) and demanding that no others go to such absurd lengths (again 54). I'm getting more of a VI read than a scum one. One thing that does bug me is his implied thread in 54:
SSBF, post 54 wrote:If you're high up, then you're doing great and I encourage you to do just as well or even better. If you're in the middle,
you're safe for now, but I want to see more out of you.
If you're low, you're on thin ice and if you're in the lowest ranking, expect a vote from me.

Don't fret now, thought. Everyone has a neutral read from me now, since this is after all, pre-game. Plus, this is in alphabetical order for now.
There is nothing to worry about until the rankings actually start to change.
The two bold bits struck out as especially unusual: it seems to me like SSBF is expecting people to care quite a bit about what he thinks of them. I can see how this would fit VI mentality, though, so it stays my main guess.
I very much agree with this the way this explains SSBF, but I do think that despite him seeming VI, it's still mildly scummy, although not lets-lynch-this-obvscum-NOA! scummy.

--
Vi wrote:Also and in the interest of getting my own notes in order, if I could get everyone to answer this exhaustive and highly scientific questionnaire:

*How many games have you finished, here or elsewhere? (I don't particularly need to know details here)
*Do you consider yourself an experienced player?
*Are we there yet?
*How about now?
I dunno. Check my wiki; I think it's updated.
Enough, yes.
Ish (Call me Ish. No, actually, I'm good with Pom.)
Eh, close enough.

--

Need to go, finish tomorrow.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Sorry for the laggy double post.

Sure I'll vote.

Vote: Parama

Of the thread so far he comes off scummiest to me. Particularly the over enthusiastic attacking of SSFB and the pre-game vote that wasn't a vote. He strikes me as opportunistic scum preying on an easy target.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Case against Parama

Less then six hours into the game and I already have a case on Parama. I'll try to explain why Parama has landed onto my top suspect list.

I started to become suspcious of Parama waaaay before the game started. He started out as a /caught scum already post. Thinking it was applying to me, he responded to me. He said he wasn't talking about me. Less then fifteen minutes later, he contradicted himself by saying he was implying it to me.

Today at 5:53 AM, before the game even got started, he begun to campaign for my lynch. This is way premature. I can understand doing it when we have a lot to go off and your reason for voting a person is legitimate, but that was pre-game, so this makes absolutely no sense.

I should have brought up this quote earlier:
Parama wrote:We're lynching you Day 1 but I never said it had to happen quickly. Though if it takes too long I'll be pretty mad.
I noticed another contradiction here. He said he didn't want me lynched too quickly. Then why did he on the EXACT same post say that he'll be pretty mad if it takes too long to lynch? This is another contradiction.

He also said that he didn't like the fact I was trying to be cautious. I don't see how that's a problem. Being cautious can actually be helpful in the game. It means you're trying to think before posting and if anything, it benefits you.

This was all before the game started. Now let's see what Parama has done to earn my suspicion on Day 1 so far.

He started off Day 1 with a half-assed case on me. When Vi explained what was the purpose of my vote, I said it was random, but if my vote was serious, it would voting toward Parama. He then goes to immediately accuse me of doing an OMGUS if I were to do that, which I call BS on.

When Seraphim and Leafsnail asked Parama to explain why I was suspicious again, Parama gave half-hearted responses multiple times. From ISO 17-21, Parama completely neglected to mention why I was scummy when they both asked.

On top of that, out of all the people on my bandwagon (him, Unsight, Chronopie, Dr. Robotnik), no one and I mean no one has tunneled me as much as Parama. Almost all of his posts has been dedicated toward me. Most of his pre-game post were related to me in some way and I swear,
every single post
in Day 1 are in some way related toward going against me. It makes me wonder if he's even considering other suspects.

It's really disappointing to say this, but Unsight is actually pushing a better case against me. At least Unsight is actually responding when challenged against his/her (Genre clarfication please?) case against me, so that's why I'm not suspcious of Unsight at this moment.

Until Parama shows signs of improvement, I am going to
Unvote, Vote: Parama
. And no, this is not an OMGUS reply, nor an OMGUS vote.

I'd like to ask everyone a question. Who are your top suspects? List at least two and explain why you find the person scummy.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Unsight »

SerialClergyman wrote:The overjustification is because everyone was jumping on the wagon, we all get why. But you had to find a little reason, find a specific point that you could rely on in case public opinion turns.

Well, rather than presume, I'll ask - why did you mention Vi's use of colour?

My opinion on that post is that almost all of it fits perfectly with my opinion of SSBF at the moment. But that last line is utterly bizarre, I'll give you that.
I didn't recall seeing colors in any of Vi's recent threads so it was worth asking why. There's always a "why" and it never hurts to know what that is even if only for the sake of curiosity.

Here's a question for you though: Vi didn't actually answer my question and even went so far as to chop it out of a two sentence quote... why did he do that?
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by Unsight »

@SSBF - What's your opinion on leafsnail?
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Unvote

vote:Vi

Vi's mind games scare me quite a bit.
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@Unsight (#180): Will get to your question tomorrow morning or tomorrow afternoon (Latter is more likely, since I only have like ten minutes to go on the computer in the mornings before school). It's too late tonight to address, as I will have to re-read Leafsnail's post.

@Midnight's Sorrow: I don't see how Vi's mind games are scary, let alone a reason to vote him. Can you explain why Vi's mind games are worthy of placing your vote on him?
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:59 pm

I know I'm blond-moment susceptible and all, and I try...
really
try, and make them less pronounced.....but I can't stem it here :cry:

I'll be blunt. I honestly don't know what the fuck you people are going on about on either case presented.

So. I still am in the RVFSRS. Randomly voting for stupid reasons stage.
W/L/O
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Hey guys, I haven't read the thread yet, so I hope there isn't too much going on yet. I'm just checking in with the 2 min that I have right now. I'll get on this tomorrow
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Lowell »

pman5595 wrote:SSBF is idiot town, a Lowell like character (OOOOOHHH BURNNNNNEDD). Quick wagon is super scummy.
Vote: Dr Robotnik
Haha. He wishes. After all, look how hard this guy tries and still is getting lynched. I haven't done nearly as much and am basically unlynchable.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Lowell »

Two quick things:

1) I find the bandwagon pushing on parama to be interesting. Can't say I disaprove, seeing as I'm on it. But the pivot is strange.

2) Super townpoints for midnight. NO way scum follows 181 with the hilariously-honest 183.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:36 pm

Lowell wrote:
pman5595 wrote:SSBF is idiot town, a Lowell like character (OOOOOHHH BURNNNNNEDD). Quick wagon is super scummy.
Vote: Dr Robotnik
Haha. He wishes. After all, look how hard this guy tries and still is getting lynched. I haven't done nearly as much and am basically unlynchable.
Keep talking like that and that might change~
W/L/O
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by nhammen »

Wow! Game has started already! And it's 8 pages long. Well, I have done a brief read through, and I agree with the people that say that SSBF is VI Town. I also don't really see the case on Parama, other than that he is tunneling a bit much, which is something, but not enough for me. I do remember seeing a case presented on vezopiraka a few pages back that I can agree on though.

Vote: vezopiraka
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Second vote count of day 1:

askbob (0):
Chronopie (1):
Leafsnail

daniel94581 (0):
Dr. Robotnik (1):
pman5595

Dry-fit (0):
foilist13 (0):
Leafsnail (0):
Lowell (0):
LynchMePls (0):
Midnight's Sorrow (0):
nhammen (0):
Parama (4):
Seraphim, Lowell, LynchMePls, Super Smash Bros. Fan

pman5595 (0):
Pomegranate (0):
Seraphim (0):
SerialClergyman (0):
Sevis (0):
SGRaaize (0):
Super Smash Bros. Fan (4):
Chronopie, Parama, Unsight, Dr. Robotnik

The Goat (0):
Timeater (0):
Unsight (1):
SerialClergyman

vezopiraka (4):
askbob, Vi, The Goat, nhammen

Vi (1):
Midnight's Sorrow

Not Voting (8):
daniel94581, Dry-fit, foilist13, Pomegranate, Sevis, SGRaaize, vezopiraka, Timeater

With 24 players alive, it takes 13 votes to lynch someone.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by daniel94581 »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:@daniel and Lowell: Glad to see you confirm through here. Now just hoping both of you confirmed through PM as well.

Really excited for the game, as a matter of fact, this may be my best Mafia game yet.
yep I did.
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by daniel94581 »

vezopiraka (4): askbob, Vi, The Goat, nhammen
Do you think he's scum?
If you do Why?
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by daniel94581 »

askbob wrote:
vezopiraka wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Parama wrote:We should be lynching SSBF D1 anyways, I don't see why it's important.
If you quick hammer me, you run a higher risk of killing a townie. Let's run Day 1 ful or at least almost full course before deciding on the list.
If your town why would you say this? You're like already dead. You can claim if you want
I think I found scum
urging a roleclaim before even getting close to a lynch
How?
He wasn't urging it he was saying he could if he wanted to

Until you give better reason for voting.

vote askbob
[/b]
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by daniel94581 »

The Goat wrote:Good God.

SSBF and Parama, if you keep throwing off scumvibes, one of you is going to make for a VERY short D1.

Random.org says
vote Vezopiraka
Weak reason for voting remove vote now.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Vi wrote:*How many games have you finished, here or elsewhere? (I don't particularly need to know details here)
*Are we there yet?
*How about now?
1. I've completed 12 games. All here.
2. Marginally.
3. No.
4. No.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Absolutely not. I have reasons for suspecting you. As a matter of fact, you're my top lynch candidate. I do find you slightly suspicious, but not enough to place a vote on.
Why would you place a random vote when you had a better than random reason for an actual vote?
LynchMePls wrote:SSBF I have to agree with everyone else. The things you are saying seem really scummy to me.
If you quick hammer me, you run a higher risk of killing a townie.
A higher risk? o.O And who said anything about a quick hammer?

Due to all this pre-game talk, are we even gonna have an RVS?
LynchMePls wrote:
Leafsnail wrote:Sorry, haven't been following this... didn't think we'd start pregame :P.

Anyway -

Super Smash Bros. Fan's list is null... I don't really agree with it, but I don't see what makes it so scummy. It seems more like something easy to bandwagon onto. With that in mind,
FomS: Parama and Chronopie
. Parama seems far more eager to lynch over that alone, but chronopie seems to be following him, which is odd.
I agree with your SSBF points, although I do think he is acting a bit scummy. I think those who have seized on it to the point that they are pre-game voting is a bit suspicious.
So here LMP says SSBF goes from “really scummy” to “a bit scummy” in a few hours without SSBF making a post between his posts. And the players who found him scummy that he “agreed with” at first are now scummy themselves. Also why are you concerned about whether there’s an RVS or not?

Vote: LynchMePls.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 12:08 am

Post by Seraphim »

Wheeee, competing wagons I love it. Get's me all excited. Also, I forgot about this:
*How many games have you finished, here or elsewhere? (I don't particularly need to know details here)
*Are we there yet?
*How about now?
*a lot
*yes
*maybe, maybe not, in a state of unperturbed anomaly of semi-transparent enthalpy where some number of opposing states of being do battle on a digital plain, it is impossible for anyone to be here or there
*no
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 12:20 am

Post by Vi »

Unsight 175 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Unsight 168 wrote:Huh. Well, it's an observation. You didn't use colors like that in your last several games or at all in fact. Blue and purple text certainly did catch my attention though so I was wondering if that was the purpose.
"Last several games"? I thought I was supposed to be the one stalking you :?
Come on, I really don't want to have a repeat of the last game. (Unless you're scum.) What have you noticed going on ITT that scum are more likely to do?
That would depend on SSBF's alignment wouldn't you say?
No, not really. SSBF isn't the only focal point of this game.
Unsight 179 wrote:I didn't recall seeing colors in any of Vi's recent threads so it was worth asking why.
That's odd. I'm very close to a game that's
heavily flavored around
color. You can even see its effects on my wiki page. Lay off the sauce :?

---
M-Sorrow 181 wrote:So. I still am in the RVFSRS. Randomly voting for stupid reasons stage.
Please get out of it.

---
daniel94581 wrote:vezopiraka (4): askbob, Vi, The Goat, nhammen
Do you think he's scum?
If you do Why?
Read the thread plz.
I'll go ahead and ask the obvious question - Why are you prioritizing vezo defense over everything else going on ITT?

---

SSBF and Parama wagons are still the choices of n00bs and scum.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 12:37 am

Post by The Goat »

daniel94581 wrote:
The Goat wrote:Good God.

SSBF and Parama, if you keep throwing off scumvibes, one of you is going to make for a VERY short D1.

Random.org says
vote Vezopiraka
Weak reason for voting remove vote now.
Awfully demanding, aren't we? It's still pretty early. How about...

No.
Explain your lead-pipe cinch reasoning for me putting my vote elsewhere.

Now.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 12:40 am

Post by The Goat »

daniel94581 wrote:vezopiraka (4): askbob, Vi, The Goat, nhammen
Do you think he's scum?
If you do Why?
The random.org usage should have been pretty self-explanatory.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:31 am

Post by LimMePls »

Dry-fit wrote:
Vi wrote:Also why are you concerned about whether there’s an RVS or not?
Cause I've never done one and they sounded like fun. I've read a lot of completed games on the site, and I always thought the RVS stage looked funny. The only game I'm playing on this site I replaced in after RVS.

I was gonna do an RVS vote, but the 5 or so pages of pregame talk seemed like the game didn't need it.

I guess my "really" and "a bit" are pretty contradictory. I was just trying to keep the whole thing going. I think there was good stuff going on in the whole SSBF/Parama thing.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”